Young Griff the Black Dragon - SPOILER ALERT

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Young Griff the Black Dragon - SPOILER ALERT

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 14:34

I would think so
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SockTheBard » Thu Apr 07, 2016 22:32

(f)Aegon is theorized to be a decedent of Daemon through the female line, some have hypothesized that his mother is Serra, and his father is Illyrio, with Serra being the brother of Varys, and them both being the child of Prince Maegor (Son of Aerion) and the daughter of Bittersteel and Calla Blackfyre. Could you add this? it would nicely tie together some of the targaryen branches
SockTheBard

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 15:39

SockTheBard wrote:(f)Aegon is theorized to be a decedent of Daemon through the female line, some have hypothesized that his mother is Serra, and his father is Illyrio, with Serra being the brother of Varys, and them both being the child of Prince Maegor (Son of Aerion) and the daughter of Bittersteel and Calla Blackfyre. Could you add this? it would nicely tie together some of the targaryen branches

I will later on but for now this has been updated to work as it did before but on the current version

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by AureliusAmbrosius » Fri Apr 08, 2016 17:14

SockTheBard wrote:(f)Aegon is theorized to be a decedent of Daemon through the female line, some have hypothesized that his mother is Serra, and his father is Illyrio, with Serra being the brother of Varys, and them both being the child of Prince Maegor (Son of Aerion) and the daughter of Bittersteel and Calla Blackfyre. Could you add this? it would nicely tie together some of the targaryen branches

I think you're referring to the The Brightfyre Theory? Maximizes the fun in the history files, certainly.

Personally, I like the variant of this theory, where Varys and Serra are the (grand?)children of a bastard of Aerion, who he conceived during his exile in Lys. I don't really understand why they'd be descendants of his true born son, Maegor, given that they're slaves from Lys. Further, I don't think they'd need to be so sneaky, if they were trueborn Targaryens.

Then, Illyrio is descended from either Haegon Blackfyre, son of Daemon Blackfyre I, or Calla Blackfyre (daughter of Daemon I) and Bittersteel. The latter choice, which SockTheBard suggests, would allow Illyrio to be of purer Valyrian stock, while still leaving true his quote that the Blackfyres "died out in the male line." This probably makes Illyrio a grandson or great-grandson of Bittersteel.

In this framework, Maelys the Monstrous is probably a grandson of Haegon Blackfyre, and probably gets his deformities from the crazy-high incest coefficient from 2 straight generations of Blackfyre on Blackfyre incest. (Aegon IV Targaryen + Daena the Defiant Targaryen => Daemon I Blackfyre; Haegon Blackfyre + Haegon's sister => Haegon's 2nd son + [Haegon's daughter?] => Maelys.) That makes the Daemon ? Blackfyre killed by Maelys into a slightly less incest-y descendant of Haegon, probably through Daemon III Blackfyre.

If you want to make this really fun, have Daemon III Blackfyre marry a daughter of Calla Blackfyre and Bittersteel. The Daemon killed by Maelys then becomes Daemon III's son, and Illyrio's mother can be Daemon III's daughter.

Let me know if you need me to make this clearer; it's confusing, but I think it's the best loose-end tying genealogical tree that gives a fake Aegon the most dragon-blood.
"One should always play fairly, when one has the winning cards." ~ Oscar Wilde
AureliusAmbrosius

PostPosted by AureliusAmbrosius » Thu Apr 14, 2016 15:36

Blackninja, let me know if this is okay - I figure you wouldn't mind me posting this for testing, since best case scenario, it just saves you work you already planned to do.

To be very clear: I don't claim the work below as my own. It's Blackninja's with some light editing. I'm posting his mod, with changes that, in general, he already said he'd work on later, in order to be helpful. I'm only making it public so, if it's broken, someone else can tell me that, therefore saving Blackninja time. This post will be removed at his pleasure.

So, here's an alpha of the above-mentioned Brightfyre version of this theory. It might not work, and I won't be able to test it for a bit, so let me know.

Spoiler: show
If Blackninja's okay with it, I'd like to turn the chain into one where Aegon has the opportunity to ask about his lineage when he recieves the sword Blackfyre. He's smart enough and learned enough to have suspicions when he receives it - and frankly, if the sword is in the chest, that's basically how readers are gonna know he's a Blackfyre.

So, he gets the sword, and can decide whether or not to ask Varys about it. If Varys' opinion of the kid is 100, Varys tells him the truth. Otherwise, Varys doesn't respect the boy enough to break the news to him. (But Varys will usually have a 100 opinion of him - they're set as friends.)

If he learns the truth, then he has the option to declare himself a Blackfyre, by decision, at any time.

But I wouldn't jump out in front of Blackninja like that - I'm only posting this now because Blackninja already said he'd work on the Serra-Varys-Illyrio Blackfyre/Brightflame version.

EDIT: (hotfix at on 14 April 2016, 10:43AM Eastern Time - left traits from my personal submod in the history file.)
EDITEDIT: Second disclaimer paragraph added at 11:28. Just wanna be clear about this.
"One should always play fairly, when one has the winning cards." ~ Oscar Wilde
AureliusAmbrosius

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 00:08

i'm having trouble playing this submod, I'm on a mac and everytime It loads up fine, choose a character and it's all okay up to the point where i un-pause it instantly crashes to desktop? help?
TheAveon12

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:09

Nm I think it's to do with latest update of the mod
TheAveon12

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 23:45

So how does this mod work with AGOT 1.2?
Genomega123

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 09:55

The same way it worked before, I do no think anything was changed in the vanilla mod for the invasion events but I will double check this and all my submods some time soon

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Nerdman3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 20:47

Hey, are there any plans to update this mod for 1.3?
Nerdman3000

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:44

Updated for 1.3.1 and also included a game rule to pick between three versions of the submods (and a fourth to disable it in that game), the three versions are Young Griff being the descendant of Maelys Blackfyre, Illyrio and his wife Serra who is a Blackfyre or the Brightfyre theory in which Varys and Serra are descendants of Aerion "Brightflame" Targaryen and Illyrio is descendant of Maelys Blackfyre.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 07:11

blackninja9939 wrote:Updated for 1.3.1 and also included a game rule to pick between three versions of the submods (and a fourth to disable it in that game), the three versions are Young Griff being the descendant of Maelys Blackfyre, Illyrio and his wife Serra who is a Blackfyre or the Brightfyre theory in which Varys and Serra are descendants of Aerion "Brightflame" Targaryen and Illyrio is descendant of Maelys Blackfyre.

thank you!!! Works wonderfully....
AdamUpBxtch

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 13:25

Slight issue. I conquered the Iron Throne as Aegon, however He became a Targaryen (Son of Rhaegar and Elia) and no option came up to make him a Blackfyre. I clicked on the option that Serra was the Blackfyre.
TheAveon12

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 13:37

TheAveon12 wrote:Slight issue. I conquered the Iron Throne as Aegon, however He became a Targaryen (Son of Rhaegar and Elia) and no option came up to make him a Blackfyre. I clicked on the option that Serra was the Blackfyre.

Did the leader of the golden company have a low opinion of you?

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 17:35

TheAveon12 wrote:Slight issue. I conquered the Iron Throne as Aegon, however He became a Targaryen (Son of Rhaegar and Elia) and no option came up to make him a Blackfyre. I clicked on the option that Serra was the Blackfyre.

If the leader of the Golden company has a low opinion of you he won't tell you.
AdamUpBxtch

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 22:16

Me and Harry are homies and nothing happens again.
TheAveon12

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 21:51

If you tell me the event to run I'll just do that
TheAveon12

PostPosted by gfstark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 20:56

Greatings.

Is this sub mod working with the the patch 1.3.2?
gfstark

PostPosted by NightWatchman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 21:13

gfstark wrote:Greatings.

Is this sub mod working with the the patch 1.3.2?

It was last updated for 1.3.1. Instead of asking here you can check the submod compatibility thread (or download it yourself and let everyone else know whether or not it's working).

But on that note, any plans on updating for 1.4 blackninja?
NightWatchman

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 00:01

Just wondering if there are plans to update this mod?
AdamUpBxtch

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods