Lagging behind & getting out of sync.

Arrange and discuss multiplayer games here

Lagging behind & getting out of sync.

PostPosted by Vlad » Thu Dec 10, 2015 04:29

Hi all, i don't know if i need to post here or in the Bug reports section...

The problem was i lagging a loooot of days behind my friend, the host, (2 day after 4 sec, 4 days after 7 sec, 8 days after 12 sec, etc...) and if i host, its exactly the same and finaly getting out of sync.

With the vanilla or with the ck2+ mod (and 3 others mod with CK2+) we don't have probs.

Anybody have an idea how to fix it ?

The version of AGOT is the v1.0. (ALL DLC active)

ps : sry for my english^^
Vlad

Re: Lagging behind & getting out of sync.

PostPosted by Toccs » Thu Dec 10, 2015 04:36

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
Toccs

PostPosted by Vlad » Thu Dec 10, 2015 04:43

So ? need waiting a fix with a next version of AGOT ? Or need to downgrade on wich version ? Why a section Multiplayer on this forum if AGOT is not Multiplayer Mod :D
Vlad

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 09:04

Vlad wrote:So ? need waiting a fix with a next version of AGOT ? Or need to downgrade on wich version ? Why a section Multiplayer on this forum if AGOT is not Multiplayer Mod :D

AGOT can be play multiplayer, but we cannot fix your bugs with multiplayer as that is all done by paradox
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Vlad » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:29

Okay... but with one of latest version (i dont remember the V.), we have no probs... DLC Horse Lords is the guilty ?^^

And no probs with the mod CK2+ combined with others mods.

With which version we have a chance to play without this prob plz ?

Thx for your answers guys and this mod ( Alone :p ) is amazing ! Great Job :)
Vlad

PostPosted by Toccs » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00

AGOT is much more resource intensive than CK2+ and there are a lot more events running.

If the last version worked for both you and your friend, then use that version if you want to play multiplayer.

We can't support or fix multiplayer issues. That's just a fact of the game engine as it is.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
Toccs

PostPosted by Vlad » Thu Dec 10, 2015 18:51

Ok, thx for your answers guys.

But i dont understand why you say me AGOT its a multiplayer mod if he take too much ressources for that... We are alone with this prob ?

So thx for your work, this mod is the better of all, very great job.

ps : sry for my english^^ again^^ :D
Vlad

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:04

Vlad wrote:Ok, thx for your answers guys.

But i dont understand why you say me AGOT its a multiplayer mod if he take too much ressources for that... We are alone with this prob ?

So thx for your work, this mod is the better of all, very great job.

ps : sry for my english^^ again^^ :D

The mod can be played multiplayer, it will not work as well as other mods because it has more events which make it harder to run on multiplayer without desysncs.
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:05

He's saying if you had luck with a previous version of agot and MP then use that version to play multiplayer, but for issues with CK2 and MP, such as lagging and out of sync with AGOT Mod, there's nothing the AGOT team can do, you have to take those issues up with Paradox.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Vlad » Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:15

Ok thx guys, i just need to find the good old version now :p

such as lagging and out of sync with AGOT Mod, there's nothing the AGOT can do, you have to take those issues up with Paradox.

Yeah, lag (rare) and out of sync (sometimes) with vanilla or ck2+ happens, but not as much as AGOT :D

Maybe need to Remove (and add on Submob why not) the scripts who uses too much ressources (Dothraki, Slavery,etc... i dont know the heavier)

But thx for your answers :)
Vlad

PostPosted by BlightNinjA » Sun Oct 23, 2016 01:58

blackninja9939 wrote:
Vlad wrote:So ? need waiting a fix with a next version of AGOT ? Or need to downgrade on wich version ? Why a section Multiplayer on this forum if AGOT is not Multiplayer Mod :D

AGOT can be play multiplayer, but we cannot fix your bugs with multiplayer as that is all done by paradox

That's a false statement though, I play multiplayer on the AGOT mod whenever me and a friend are off work and free, it desyncs after 5 minutes, if we play either vanilla or the Elder Kings mod, or any other mod for that instance it never desyncs, so it is down to the mod!
BlightNinjA

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 02:10

BlightNinjA wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:

That's a false statement though, I play multiplayer on the AGOT mod whenever me and a friend are off work and free, it desyncs after 5 minutes, if we play either vanilla or the Elder Kings mod, or any other mod for that instance it never desyncs, so it is down to the mod!

Oh that's great!! So how do they fix it? You seem to know so much better than them.
SinStar87

Return to Multiplayer