The seed is strong....

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: The seed is strong....

PostPosted by zach6844 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 20:15

Mayonez_kun wrote:
zach6844 wrote:Is is purposeful that only the Baratheons have there appearance icon? none of the other major families have theirs as they did in previous versions. Just curious is all.

Didnt understand about which icon you say. If about trait icon then yes it is purposful. Cause in start this submod was about baratheons, they only have 100% appearance inheritance inside dynasty, also their blood from goddes, and only they always have strong body in history, other dynasties doesnt have something like these genes, and it is simply to use trait in events.
If you about child icons then i dont know, other dynasties still have them. And you should clean cashe :O

Meant more about the appearance trait icon things. Thought the other major families had ones similar to the Baratheons is all. Anyway, i do enjoy the mod!
zach6844

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:38

unsavory wrote:
melancholyroar wrote:I strongly recommend this mod. Unfortunately at present it seems to be incompatible with Unsavory's DLC Portraits mod.

I think this is the only incompatibility. I haven't tried it properly though, just made sure it doesn't crash :P
Replace the mods strong_seed_effects.txt in "common/scripted effects" with this. Give it a try
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124 ... ffects.txt

I made this compatibility patch a while back, forgot to post it. Anyway I updated it. The link above, with accompanying instructions should still work.
unsavory

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Sun Oct 16, 2016 15:38

unsavory wrote:I made this compatibility patch a while back, forgot to post it. Anyway I updated it. The link above, with accompanying instructions should still work.

I'll try it tomorrow, dont have access to computer now. I hope dlc portraits work with 1.3? :O When will finish next mine update, also made separate download link in first post + ty.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 02:37

unsavory wrote:
unsavory wrote:
melancholyroar wrote:I strongly recommend this mod. Unfortunately at present it seems to be incompatible with Unsavory's DLC Portraits mod.

I think this is the only incompatibility. I haven't tried it properly though, just made sure it doesn't crash :P
Replace the mods strong_seed_effects.txt in "common/scripted effects" with this. Give it a try
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124 ... ffects.txt

I made this compatibility patch a while back, forgot to post it. Anyway I updated it. The link above, with accompanying instructions should still work.

The only thing Ive noticed is for some reason Elia Martel and Prince Doran Martel use the old graphics and not the new ones. It does not show until you actually load a scenario with these characters in it. Also, Prince Doran wears a crown.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:28

melancholyroar wrote:The only thing Ive noticed is for some reason Elia Martel and Prince Doran Martel use the old graphics and not the new ones. It does not show until you actually load a scenario with these characters in it. Also, Prince Doran wears a crown.

Hm, could be I accidentally made it on top of an old file. I don't really want to redo it from my phone, if you don't want to wait until the weekend or for someone else to fix it, the fix is quite simple to redo.
Every graphicalculture check that checks for valyriangfx need to either be changed to check for valygfx or put into an or clause that checks for both valyriangfx AND valygfx. I searched the entire mod folder and found only a handful in the file I linked.

I think that's it. If redoing the fix on the files you know work still gives the same problem there must be something I missed in the code and I think Mayonez_kun will be better suited to troubleshoot, if they have the time.
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 01:04

unsavory wrote:
melancholyroar wrote:The only thing Ive noticed is for some reason Elia Martel and Prince Doran Martel use the old graphics and not the new ones. It does not show until you actually load a scenario with these characters in it. Also, Prince Doran wears a crown.

Hm, could be I accidentally made it on top of an old file. I don't really want to redo it from my phone, if you don't want to wait until the weekend or for someone else to fix it, the fix is quite simple to redo.
Every graphicalculture check that checks for valyriangfx need to either be changed to check for valygfx or put into an or clause that checks for both valyriangfx AND valygfx. I searched the entire mod folder and found only a handful in the file I linked.

I think that's it. If redoing the fix on the files you know work still gives the same problem there must be something I missed in the code and I think Mayonez_kun will be better suited to troubleshoot, if they have the time.

Haha. I dont mind doing the bugs but i suck with code and logic. I will wait for ya to post something this weekend :D
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:02

melancholyroar wrote:Haha. I dont mind doing the bugs but i suck with code and logic. I will wait for ya to post something this weekend :D

Found I had some time over. Threw a new attempt at a patch together:
DLC Portraits Patch
If this doesn't work I don't know what's wrong.

Anyway, kept the file structure to make it easier to install.

• Backup the original mod so you can revert if it doesn't work
  • Download my patch
  • Open it and choose NEW or OLD version
  • Install like you normally would install a mod, overwrite when asked to

Thus ends my takeover of this thread, sorry about that... :P
Hope it works.
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 19:54

unsavory wrote:
melancholyroar wrote:Haha. I dont mind doing the bugs but i suck with code and logic. I will wait for ya to post something this weekend :D

DLC Portraits Patch

• Download my patch

Hope it works.

Works great! Thanks unsavory!
melancholyroar

PostPosted by The Roose is Loose » Sat Oct 22, 2016 14:13

This mod causes the incompatibility warning to come up a lot and I forgot to turn them off at the start. Is there a way to stop them without starting a new save? Awesome mod though! Exactly what I wanted
The Roose is Loose

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 15:15

Thanks. I didnt try so dont know. But i think you should try open save txt file in
Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\A Game of Thrones\save games

and edit in game_rules = {}
ck2_version_warning="on" to ck2_version_warning="off"
or if there is no ck2_version_warning="on" then add ck2_version_warning="off".
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by The Roose is Loose » Sat Oct 22, 2016 15:44

Mayonez_kun wrote:Thanks. I didnt try so dont know. But i think you should try open save txt file in
Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\A Game of Thrones\save games

and edit in game_rules = {}
ck2_version_warning="on" to ck2_version_warning="off"
or if there is no ck2_version_warning="on" then add ck2_version_warning="off".

Worked perfectly, cheers!
The Roose is Loose

PostPosted by sshelt14 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:04

First off, thanks for making such an amazing submod! It is one of my favorite ones out and I never play without it. For some reason though when using the new edition with the baratheon head gear it makes random courtiers wear crowns. Even those without king or emperor tier titles. Is this a known issue or something that I alone am encountering?
sshelt14

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 03:26

melancholyroar wrote:
unsavory wrote:

DLC Portraits Patch

• Download my patch

Hope it works.

Works great! Thanks unsavory!

Actually I take that back. Still broken. I dont think that this is an issue in your mod as it exclusively effects those born of House Martel. However, Im just dealing with it.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 15:13

sshelt14 wrote:First off, thanks for making such an amazing submod! It is one of my favorite ones out and I never play without it. For some reason though when using the new edition with the baratheon head gear it makes random courtiers wear crowns. Even those without king or emperor tier titles. Is this a known issue or something that I alone am encountering?

I knew about this, but i dont know why :c But im busy now with real work, so cant do something
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by branok91 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 23:18

Have you tried setting tying it to the dynasty. I believe theirs is 319 if I am not mistaking. like somewhere in the files with the specific clothing set it like

modifier = {
factor = 2
dynasty = 319
branok91

PostPosted by piratesswoop » Fri Nov 04, 2016 03:05

Is it possible at all to separate hair color from clothing? It's a little annoying in playthroughs to have Robb, Bran and Rickon having kids who wear House Tully clothes.
piratesswoop

PostPosted by Kironos » Sat Nov 05, 2016 21:54

It seems the new cultures don't use Ripper Due's new graphical assets... no one gets scars, eye-patches, masks, etc

I tried messing around to find a way for it to work, to no use... Is there a way to enable them for the dynastic cultures?
Kironos

PostPosted by Opunium » Tue Nov 15, 2016 17:29

Is there a way to hide the blue black 'Seed is strong' icon for Baratheon characters? None of the other 'Seed is strong' dynasties have it, it serves no purpose and it is rather ugly...
Opunium

PostPosted by fastrike » Sat Nov 19, 2016 02:01

There Seems to be a bug with the regular clothes graphics in the new version. The Hood thing is cut off a bit and the clothing before it in the ruler designer doesn't show up correctly either.
fastrike

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 22:59

Update?

Wait, is this compatible with 1.3.2?
Widowmaker94

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods