The seed is strong....

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

The seed is strong....

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Mon Dec 21, 2015 21:12

LAST UPDATE: 11.02.2017
Compatibility - AGOT v1.3.2
There is no where still mod about this, so today i decided to create it.
What makes this mod?
If in short then read this:
Spoiler: show
Creates special dynasty appearance and more-less save them for them in generations:
Baratheon - Black Hair, Dark-blue eyes
Lannister - Blonde Hair, Green eyes
Tully - Auburn Hair, Blue-(little purple) eyes
Stark - Dark Brown Hair, Grey eyes
Greyjoy - Black Hair, Any eyes
Martell - Black Hair, Brown eyes
Tyrell - Brown Hair, Brown or Gold eyes
Hoare - Black Hair, Black eyes
Reyne - Red Hair, Any eyes

If more info then read next:
1) All Baratheons and Durrandons have "Strong Seed" trait(+0.5 health, +2 duel skill) that also gives you black hair and blue eyes(Baratheon grafical culture).
Strong seed is inheriting by all childs inside Baratheon/Durrandon dynasty
Strong seed with 20% chance can inherit male child who borned by woman/man from Baratheon/Durrandon dynasty, but doesn't belong to this dynasty
But if this happens then strong seed can be inherit endless times by his male descendants(hope clearly explained) :P
P.s. I already checked it on Robert Baratheon, and i knew what childs of mine, and what childs of Jaime.(But not Robert ofc :lol: )

2) Created Lannister/Tully/Stark/Martell/Tyrell/Reyne graphical culture.
- If borned child is belonging to one of great houses, main parrent has "greathousegfx" outside and second parent from non-great house dynasty or without "greathouse gfx" - he get his "greathousegfx" 100%.
- It will be 50% chance, if borned child is not belonging to great house(for example bastard) or second parent from great house and has any "greathouse gfx" . (Its not necessary be stark with starkgfx, for example Robb Stark with tullygfx)
- And 0% if you marry to human with strong_seed trait and male child inherited strong_seed :p
3) Created Greyjoy and Hoare houses graphical culture.
if second parent has ironborn culture then child will have 100% greyjoy/hoare appearance
if second parent from simple house(not ironborn) then 50%
if second parent has Great House gfx then 30% that child will have greyjoy/hoare appearance
if second parent with strong_seed trait and male child inherited strong_seed then 0%
4) Also children have special icon.

5) If Targaryan/Blackfyre/Velaryon with high_valyrian outside marry:
to people without GreatHouse gfx, child outside will be 100% high valyrian.
to human with one of great house's gfx then child 50% will be high valyrian, 25% west valyrian, 25% second parent's gfx
to human with strong_seed trait and male child inherited strong seed then child will have 100% baratheon outside.
6) Dayne, Celtigar, Sunglass Houses now save west_valyrian ethnicity except if child inherited strong seed
7) Some adds to Umbers and Mormonts.
Baby-Mormont with 30% chance will get strong trait.
If parent-Mormont already has strong trait then 80% chance.
Baby-Umber with 20% chance will get strong trait and 30% chance will get giant trait.
If Parent-Umber already has these traits then 65% chance for strong trait and 85% chance for giant trait.
8) If:
-all Durrandons and Baratheons are dead
-you have strong seed
-you have title (iron throne or kingdom/empire stormlands)
Then you will able in decisions to create Durratheon dynasty that has Baratheon CoA(flag).
Also Durratheon dynasty has chain of events with different ends.
how this decisions and events looks like ->

9) I made two versions of sub-mod: new and old.
New version has special clothes and headgears for Baratheon Dynasty + headgears for other 8 dynasty(reyne,tully,lannister,arryn,tyrell,dayne,tarth,frey).
Headgears appear only if you are emperor/empress.
But in this reason new version doesn't work with some sub-mods, for example congenital overhaul or other sub-mod, which add new clothes hairs etc. Old version works with them all, but doesnt has features from new version.

It is my first mod.
So if go something wrong with this mod, tell about it. I will try to solve this problem ^^
DOWNLOAD LINK:
OLD version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9q9qyn79pif6nrs/AGOT+StrongSeedOLD.rar
NEW version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g5iaf5rgq356v6p/AGOT+StrongSeedNEW.rar
Merged version with congenital overhaul you can fine in page 9.
Doesn't work correctly with the save, that started without this sub-mod
CREDITS
Attiris for amazing Baratheon's cloth and all other dynasty headgear pictures.
Last edited by Mayonez_kun on Sun Mar 19, 2017 14:39, edited 65 times in total.
Mayonez_kun

Re: The seed is strong....

PostPosted by tze » Tue Dec 22, 2015 01:08

Son of Robert and Cersei didn't get black hair (I console commanded it so it's definitely Roberts).
tze

PostPosted by DAG » Tue Dec 22, 2015 01:53

tze wrote:Image

Son of Robert and Cersei didn't get black hair (I console commanded it so it's definitely Roberts).

It does say that no matter who you marry Lannisters have a chance to have golden hair and green eyes.
DAG

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Tue Dec 22, 2015 02:40

tze wrote:Son of Robert and Cersei didn't get black hair (I console commanded it so it's definitely Roberts).

LOL, thats strange and impossible :D Because Robert has Baratheongfx(only blue eyes and black hairs), Sersei has Lannistergfx. And their child must have Baratheongfx. If i did a mistake and child Lannistergfx, he must has green eyes and gold hairs. What your child ethnicity(charinfo 1)? He has blue eyes and gold hair...
I will read what is doing bloodline mod, may be my mod is not comparable with this mod.
Because i checked it again, and all children blue eyes and black hair.
DAG wrote:It does say that no matter who you marry Lannisters have a chance to have golden hair and green eyes.

Yes, but not with Baratheons, Baratheons children always have Black hair and Blue eyes
uppp: OK, i downloaded all AGOT again. And downloaded bloodlines Mod. All 10 childs with Baratheon ethnicity. Maybe you loaded old save? Or you have another mod... I cant find any mystakes with situation like your :c
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Tue Dec 22, 2015 18:38

OK, i change half of code. And now the changes:
1) Added child icons for baratheons and lannisters gfx. This

2) Decided some problem situations when child wrongly get the strong seed
3) Sub-mod work correctly only with saves that started with this sub-mod now
4) Work with any other sub-mod

Im still thinking about may be Lannisters child will have 100% Lannister features and ONLY inside the lannister dynasty, and 50 % if child wont be the member of Lannister dynasty, because i can understand GRRM at all!!!! I have no idea how absolutely all Lannister dynasty members could save their gold hair and green eyes after many thousand years :D And in history of Game of Thrones - if some Lannister girl marry on somebody, then her children will lost gold hairs. Magic!
Last edited by Mayonez_kun on Wed Dec 23, 2015 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by tze » Tue Dec 22, 2015 20:34

Mayonez_kun wrote:What your child ethnicity(charinfo 1)? He has blue eyes and gold hair...
I will read what is doing bloodline mod, may be my mod is not comparable with this mod.

uppp: OK, i downloaded all AGOT again. And downloaded bloodlines Mod. All 10 childs with Baratheon ethnicity. Maybe you loaded old save? Or you have another mod... I cant find any mystakes with situation like your :c

The ethnicity IS Baratheon_dyn. I have made a lot of small modifications to my AGOT, maybe it's the reason why it didn't work for me.

If I would get this to work this would be one of my favourite mods. Any change to give Targaryens and Blackfyres a similiar treatment? Maybe lower the changes a bit, because Targaryens DID have non valyrian featured children (but it shouldn't be 50/50).
tze

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Tue Dec 22, 2015 20:45

In any way, how i said, i rewrote code, and now it must work. U must start a new game and test again, it should work! I can make more chanses for high_valyrian, but i dont think that it will be right. There only 2 reason why Targs saved their features:
1) Incest marriages
2) All, absolutely all targs that werent have targ features killed by strong arm of GRRM :D
P.s. Jesus, i found one more mistake again. Lassnister can born with non-lannister outside as i said, but if resign and reload save, all lannisters will have lannister outside x_x solve this tomorrow
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Wed Dec 23, 2015 21:12

Mayonez_kun wrote:Im still thinking about may be Lannisters child will have 100% Lannister features and ONLY inside the lannister dynasty, and 50 % if child wont be the member of Lannister dynasty, because i can understand GRRM at all!!!! I have no idea how absolutely all Lannister dynasty members could save their gold hair and green eyes after many thousand years :D And in history of Game of Thrones - if some Lannister girl marry on somebody, then her children will lost gold hairs. Magic!

Ok i have done it. I also read forums and study their and Targs history better. How could all Great houses could save their dynasty outsides in 8000 years? This =>
The strongest genes have by Baratheons.
Then All Great Houses inluding Targaryans.
And only then other Houses.

So changes:
1)As i said about Lannister.
2)If Targaryan/Blackfyre/Velaryon with high_valyrian outside marry on somebody from great house, child outside will be 50/50.
If Targaryan/Blackfyre/Velaryon with high_valyrian outside marry on Baratheon, child outside will be Baratheon
If Targaryan/Blackfyre/Velaryon with high_valyrian outside marry on others, child outside will be high_valyrian.
3) Solved last mistakes that could intervene to work with other mods.
So i have done all i wanted, if will be suggestions or you found mistake, it will be pleased.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Eldarwarrior » Mon Dec 28, 2015 19:12

Rhaenys Targaryen was the daughter of a Targaryen and a Baratheon but she didn't have black hair and blue eyes, so i believe that a baratheon woman married to a man of a great house should have 50% of having a son/daughter with the typical black hair/blue eyes, if it's possible obviously.
PS: Sorry for my english
Eldarwarrior

PostPosted by tze » Tue Dec 29, 2015 09:34

Eldarwarrior wrote:Rhaenys Targaryen was the daughter of a Targaryen and a Baratheon but she didn't have black hair and blue eyes, so i believe that a baratheon woman married to a man of a great house should have 50% of having a son/daughter with the typical black hair/blue eyes, if it's possible obviously.
PS: Sorry for my english

I think so too. Otherwise any house who marries in to house Baratheon will have the perk. In a couple of hundrer years everyone will be black haired.
tze

PostPosted by Eldarwarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 20:52

Dead?
Eldarwarrior

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Tue Feb 02, 2016 18:55

No, exams in january so didnt have mood for games. Also i dont know what to change, maybe add Tully house outside, cause only Lannisters, Baratheons and Tully have pronounced appearance. Also there is one mistake with Lannisters.

About Rhaenys... she had 3 grand(fathers/mothers) targs/velaryons from 4 of them. And somehow it affected for this. So she is rare exception. I think if u could ask GRRM about how genetic works in his world, he will say "i dont know". He is not biologist scientist. But i think interpretation that baratheon bloodline = great house bloodline is not better =\
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Eldarwarrior » Tue Feb 02, 2016 19:47

Mayonez_kun wrote:No, exams in january so didnt have mood for games. Also i dont know what to change, maybe add Tully house outside, cause only Lannisters, Baratheons and Tully have pronounced appearance. Also there is one mistake with Lannisters.

About Rhaenys... she had 3 grand(fathers/mothers) targs/velaryons from 4 of them. And somehow it affected for this. So she is rare exception. I think if u could ask GRRM about how genetic works in his world, he will say "i dont know". He is not biologist scientist. But i think interpretation that baratheon bloodline = great house bloodline is not better =\

The Starks also have a unique appearance if i'm not mistaken.
Members of the family tend to be lean of build and long of face, with dark brown hair and grey eyes

-from AWOIAF
At least you could change, if possible, that sons/daughters of a fem Baratheon married to a RandomGreatHouseMember can't get the "seed is strong" trait
Eldarwarrior

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Wed Feb 03, 2016 16:21

Eldarwarrior wrote:The Starks also have a unique appearance if i'm not mistaken.
Members of the family tend to be lean of build and long of face, with dark brown hair and grey eyes

-from AWOIAF
At least you could change, if possible, that sons/daughters of a fem Baratheon married to a RandomGreatHouseMember can't get the "seed is strong" trait

But its will be not a 100% true fact, only our wish(about Baratheons). I knew about Starks, but there is also some questions. May be it is only sipmple northman outside, may be not.
Last edited by Mayonez_kun on Thu Feb 04, 2016 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Thu Feb 04, 2016 17:45

upd:
1) Solved problem with lannister secret bastards appearance
2) Added Tully house gfx appearance + child icons
3) Wrote in first post how works child appearance chances now.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by benzar7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 02:28

I really like this mod, thank you for it! Like Eldarwarrior said it may be cool to have a stark "race"...,but do what you think is best/cannon
benzar7

PostPosted by Opunium » Sun Feb 14, 2016 14:01

Hi, I really like this idea. However do women also get the seed is strong trait? If yes, is there any way to turn that off? I dont want my entire realm to look the same after a few generations...
Opunium

PostPosted by smasongarrison » Sun Feb 14, 2016 17:39

Nice!
smasongarrison

PostPosted by SPARTAN5809 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 19:22

Mayonez_kun wrote:Also i dont know what to change, maybe add Tully house outside, cause only Lannisters, Baratheons and Tully have pronounced appearance. =\

All of the great houses besides the Arryns and Greyjoys are said to have common shared traits:
House Baratheon = Black hair, blue eyes
House Lannister = Blonde hair, green eyes
House Martell = Black hair, brown eyes, tan skin
House Tully = Auburn hair, blue eyes
House Tyrell = Brown hair, brown eyes
House Targaryen = Silver-blonde hair, purple eyes
House Stark = Black hair, grey eyes
Several other houses have common traits too, like the Daynes having purple eyes or the Umbers being unusually tall.
Also thanks for this mod. It's really nice to see the Lannisters keep blonde hair and not just lose it after one generation.
SPARTAN5809

PostPosted by benzar7 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 21:55

I agree with SPARTAN,
SPARTAN5809 wrote:
Mayonez_kun wrote:Also i dont know what to change, maybe add Tully house outside, cause only Lannisters, Baratheons and Tully have pronounced appearance. =\

All of the great houses besides the Arryns and Greyjoys are said to have common shared traits:
House Baratheon = Black hair, blue eyes
House Lannister = Blonde hair, green eyes
House Martell = Black hair, brown eyes, tan skin
House Tully = Auburn hair, blue eyes
House Tyrell = Brown hair, brown eyes
House Targaryen = Silver-blonde hair, purple eyes
House Stark = Black hair, grey eyes
Several other houses have common traits too, like the Daynes having purple eyes or the Umbers being unusually tall.
Also thanks for this mod. It's really nice to see the Lannisters keep blonde hair and not just lose it after one generation.

Maybe for the other houses you haven't done you can make it have a less significant chance of passing the "archetype appearance" of that family. Maybe like a 35% or 40% chance of having their stereotypical appearance passed on? (For House Stark maybe: 30-35% / House Tyrell: 45%-50% / the Exception is House Martell: 60%-70% (They have made Targaryens look like them so...i.e. Baelor Breakspear)
Side Note: Starks have DARK BROWN hair, not Black...
2nd Side Note: These percents are for if a child does not belong to the Stark/Tyrell/Martell dynasty OR if the second parent is from a great house.
P.S. I LOVE THIS MOD! THANK YOU! :D :D :D
benzar7

Next

Return to Sub-Mods