Kingsguard Ambition (for AI)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Kingsguard Ambition (for AI)

PostPosted by tze » Tue May 24, 2016 23:53

gosohard wrote:OK cool, I'll put up a version in tem's thread that has compatibility with your mod.

Edit: Also, is there a way to make LW more modular? I'm unsure on how to separate out ambitions as LW affects the base AGoT ambitions as well.

My 1.3 version of the Kingsguard Ambition has some changes in the kingsguard.txt file. I also made the ambition file on my mod version seperate from the vanilla AGOT ambition file. trait = legendary_warrior should be listed as one of the conditions and legendary warrior should be made a master_warrior level factor.

Lucerys wrote:My Sub-mods are :
Only submod that would make sense it is conflicting with this is Congenital Overhaul.

That would be why it doesn't work, I had a compatibility patch for it but I have been updating the mod in the recent days so the old patch isn't compatible any more. You can download the new patch here.
tze

PostPosted by gosohard » Wed May 25, 2016 03:37

Alright thanks! I'll fix that up real quick now and re-upload what I've got in tem's thread.
gosohard

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Wed May 25, 2016 03:55

tze wrote:
gosohard wrote:OK cool, I'll put up a version in tem's thread that has compatibility with your mod.

Edit: Also, is there a way to make LW more modular? I'm unsure on how to separate out ambitions as LW affects the base AGoT ambitions as well.

My 1.3 version of the Kingsguard Ambition has some changes in the kingsguard.txt file. I also made the ambition file on my mod version seperate from the vanilla AGOT ambition file. trait = legendary_warrior should be listed as one of the conditions and legendary warrior should be made a master_warrior level factor.

Lucerys wrote:My Sub-mods are :
Only submod that would make sense it is conflicting with this is Congenital Overhaul.

That would be why it doesn't work, I had a compatibility patch for it but I have been updating the mod in the recent days so the old patch isn't compatible any more. You can download the new patch here.

I installed the latest version with the Congenital Overhaul patch and fired up a new game as King of the Iron Throne; am now seeing people with the Kingsguard Ambition selected. Nice work, thank you.
Aszrayel

PostPosted by Lucerys » Wed May 25, 2016 17:31

Even with the patch , and starting a new game , I don't see those ambitions :cry:
Lucerys

PostPosted by tze » Thu May 26, 2016 10:11

Lucerys wrote:Even with the patch , and starting a new game , I don't see those ambitions :cry:

You will just look for kingsguard event file in all your other submods, if there is one you need a patch for it.

Also when using compatibility patches make sure to add it to both submods the patch affects.
tze

PostPosted by Lucerys » Thu May 26, 2016 13:55

I did it it so I replaced files in Congenital Overhaul. I'm playing saved game so I will play for little bit and check out if KG ambitions are popping up.
Lucerys

PostPosted by Lucerys » Thu May 26, 2016 14:16

Seems like nothing changes.
Lucerys

PostPosted by Lucerys » Thu May 26, 2016 16:22

And for some reason king doesn't appoint new KG.
Lucerys

PostPosted by TDD91 » Thu May 26, 2016 19:57

What I sometimes do is add the Celibate trait through the console, it seems to increase the likelihood of them accepting the white cloak, and gives me a noble bunch of defenders for the Royalty!
TDD91

PostPosted by Lucerys » Thu May 26, 2016 22:10

I fixed the not appointing by restarting the game , and I had to start new game for the Ambition mod to take place , sadly.
Lucerys

PostPosted by Rhobster » Sun Oct 30, 2016 20:33

I suppose this mod won't work with the current version? Any plans to update it? I like to recreate the Targaryen reignbut after 50years I cant find any good Kingsguard candidates anymore.
Rhobster

PostPosted by tze » Mon Oct 31, 2016 00:13

Rhobster wrote:I suppose this mod won't work with the current version? Any plans to update it? I like to recreate the Targaryen reignbut after 50years I cant find any good Kingsguard candidates anymore.

I don't think the old version works with the new main mod. I'll probably update it soon when I get back to playing AGOT mod (been playing a lot of vanilla). Maybe even add a few options in accordance with the latest patch.
tze

PostPosted by Rhobster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 13:29

Any news on this?
Rhobster

PostPosted by tze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 15:48

Rhobster wrote:Any news on this?

I'll start working my AGOT submods when I start playing the mod again, don't know when that is. If someone want's to update my mods to work with the recent versions they can. Then again I might update the mod soon so who knows if it's worth it. :D
tze

PostPosted by PrimaryAltAccount » Tue Jan 24, 2017 22:29

tze wrote:
Rhobster wrote:Any news on this?

I'll start working my AGOT submods when I start playing the mod again, don't know when that is. If someone want's to update my mods to work with the recent versions they can. Then again I might update the mod soon so who knows if it's worth it. :D

If only I could I would.. I don't have a clue how to start making this compatible but it looks so good ;-;
PrimaryAltAccount

PostPosted by tze » Thu Feb 16, 2017 20:18

Updated to work with 1.3.2.
tze

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 20:38

Instead of using the 0 mtth event which is really bad for the game you can use creation_effect in ambition to add the forbid marriage trait the second they take the ambition then use the success and abort effects to remove it
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tze » Thu Feb 16, 2017 21:18

blackninja9939 wrote:Instead of using the 0 mtth event which is really bad for the game you can use creation_effect in ambition to add the forbid marriage trait the second they take the ambition then use the success and abort effects to remove it

Yeah I figured my method was resource heavy but didn't know any other method to do it. I'll update it.
tze

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 21:50

tze wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:Instead of using the 0 mtth event which is really bad for the game you can use creation_effect in ambition to add the forbid marriage trait the second they take the ambition then use the success and abort effects to remove it

Yeah I figured my method was resource heavy but didn't know any other method to do it. I'll update it.

Yeah that method is not documented anywhere and only used once in vanilla, just thinking of the performance improvements cause I like to use this sometimes
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tze » Thu Feb 16, 2017 22:56

blackninja9939 wrote:
tze wrote:

Yeah that method is not documented anywhere and only used once in vanilla, just thinking of the performance improvements cause I like to use this sometimes

One question. Would removing the forbid marriage trait after abort or success remove it from someone who still should have it? Like a kingsguard member or if a Sansa type character (with forbid marriage at some point) somehow had the ambition.
tze

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods