Artists Required

Welcome to the Forum!

Artists Required

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 17:25

We are in a dire lack of graphical artists and that is one of the key areas of the mod we would like to improve, so this is a call to all artists to help out specifically those who are proficient in the following:
They key ones we are looking for are portraits, map graphics, custom interface and if possible 3D modelling. However if you feel you are good at any of the above then please send me a PM and I'll have a chat with you.
I think I've made everything clear but if you have any questions feel free to ask below!
I'll strikethrough any we have people for but post here anyway as I will add you to a list in case we ever need help again, thanks a lot to everyone who has volunteered!

Thanks,
blackninja
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Re: Artists Required

PostPosted by Vystas » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20

I could lend a hand with some stuff if y'like.
The gold cloak drew a shortsword. “Here’s your law.”
Yoren looked at the blade. “That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too.”
GoT Multiplayer Group: http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic7357.html
Vystas

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 16:38

Vystas wrote:I could lend a hand with some stuff if y'like.

Send me a PM about which of the areas are you proficient in!

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Troy4747 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 17:59

I could help as well. Pretty good with Photoshop, so any icons and potentially portraits.
Troy4747

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 19:19

Troy4747 wrote:I could help as well. Pretty good with Photoshop, so any icons and potentially portraits.

Send me a PM and we'll have a chat

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by phantommy555 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 21:46

I took 4 years of Digital Arts classes in High School so I'm pretty proficient at Photoshop, I can help designing some icons or graphics
phantommy555

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 23:07

phantommy555 wrote:I took 4 years of Digital Arts classes in High School so I'm pretty proficient at Photoshop, I can help designing some icons or graphics

Perfect send me PM with what you'd be willing to do!

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by benu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 22:15

After reinstalling CK2 I came back to the AGOT mod and saw your request. Since I enjoyed your mod immensely a few years ago, and intend to do so again, I thought I could help you with all kinds of 2D art. So I just created an account but to my dismay I can't send PM's so if you're interested, you'd have to give me the permission or email me.
As for myself, I have some experience in creating game art, mostly fantasy illustration, but also some UI design.
benu

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 22:55

benu wrote:After reinstalling CK2 I came back to the AGOT mod and saw your request. Since I enjoyed your mod immensely a few years ago, and intend to do so again, I thought I could help you with all kinds of 2D art. So I just created an account but to my dismay I can't send PM's so if you're interested, you'd have to give me the permission or email me.
As for myself, I have some experience in creating game art, mostly fantasy illustration, but also some UI design.

Yeah that is the spam filter, you need to have 10 posts in threads to be able to PM, I'll see if I can find a way to have that restriction disabled for your account but if not I'll just message you in this thread.
UI design would be amazing as our current interface is good but it would be great to have a fully customised interface with a more game of thrones feel.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by benu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 23:53

I´ll have to see where the UI´s at now, because I stopped updating CK II when they ditched GamersGate and some time before that I played the AGOT Mod last. But you could send me a PM with what you have in mind. Edit: I´ll have to reply in this thread though, as I can´t answer PMs.
benu

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 02:38

You could find 10 posts to comment on...
SinStar87

PostPosted by Ogredy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 22:18

Interesting, I wonder if that means you're intending to revamp the old portraits, blackninja?

Anyway, good luck, you guys are one of the best mod teams around the world, thanks for keeping it alive and fresh throughout so many years.
Ogredy

PostPosted by Buck » Mon Feb 15, 2016 15:40

In terms of modelling what types of models are you looking done? I can model but I'm not very good with modelling characters, I'm more into hard surface modelling.
Buck

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 15:46

Buck wrote:In terms of modelling what types of models are you looking done? I can model but I'm not very good with modelling characters, I'm more into hard surface modelling.

Unit models predominately, to give them a more agot feel and give us models for some of the unique troops

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Ogredy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 21:41

Do you plan on using DLC models? Maybe for portraits clothing? Also it would be nice to see characters in AGOT wearing Early Medieval Clothing Pack clothes, is there a way to make sidemod like that?
Ogredy

PostPosted by MagisterBonsai » Mon May 30, 2016 23:21

I like to draw up my own graphics when it comes to portraits. I am currently working on a submod that revamps the Asshai'i portraits. I would PM you this, but I can't use the feature yet :roll: so lemme go find some threads to through in some useless reply.

^ This is all I currently have, the others aren't very nice. I guess if this is what you're looking for, I can do it. It takes me awhile though :ugeek: since I like to draw them out from scratch.

Sorry for the dirty matter stuff in the background. I use opacity so it isn't always that visible on my end until the background is all filled in with color...
MagisterBonsai

PostPosted by MatYuren » Thu Jun 02, 2016 16:36

So, I was watching a LP'er is going to get back to playing this mod, and he kindly posted a link to your mod which got me to finding out how to install the mod, which got me to this particular thread.
I'm interested in giving an attempt at 3D modelling for you. I've been studying game dev for almost 4 years now so I've got some experience despite modelling not being my strong suit, and being able to get to Paradox's models certainly helps a bunch. I've been actually trying to get an internship at Paradox but no luck so far..

That said, I'm not sure if you still need help with modelling? It's still uncrossed in the OP, but that doesn't always say everything. Also no PM's for me, this is my first post here :)

I'll get started on an Unsullied model for starters, if the result pleases both of us we can work out what else you'd want to get.
MatYuren

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 16:53

MagisterBonsai wrote:I like to draw up my own graphics when it comes to portraits. I am currently working on a submod that revamps the Asshai'i portraits. I would PM you this, but I can't use the feature yet :roll: so lemme go find some threads to through in some useless reply.

^ This is all I currently have, the others aren't very nice. I guess if this is what you're looking for, I can do it. It takes me awhile though :ugeek: since I like to draw them out from scratch.

Sorry for the dirty matter stuff in the background. I use opacity so it isn't always that visible on my end until the background is all filled in with color...

That looks quite nice, much better than the uh meat slab we have currently lol!
The areas we are mostly thinking of redoing are the asshai faces and the dornish look because they get the most complaints. If you feel like that is good for you send me a PM!

MatYuren wrote:So, I was watching a LP'er is going to get back to playing this mod, and he kindly posted a link to your mod which got me to finding out how to install the mod, which got me to this particular thread.
I'm interested in giving an attempt at 3D modelling for you. I've been studying game dev for almost 4 years now so I've got some experience despite modelling not being my strong suit, and being able to get to Paradox's models certainly helps a bunch. I've been actually trying to get an internship at Paradox but no luck so far..

That said, I'm not sure if you still need help with modelling? It's still uncrossed in the OP, but that doesn't always say everything. Also no PM's for me, this is my first post here :)

I'll get started on an Unsullied model for starters, if the result pleases both of us we can work out what else you'd want to get.

We do still need 3D modellers and would be glad to have your help!
As I said to MagisterBonsai, if you make anything and feel like showing it off then send me a PM and we can have a chat about it and if you wish any more you can make!

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by MatYuren » Tue Jun 07, 2016 15:28

I'm having troubles with the export to the engine, I already asked for help so I'm now just waiting on a reply so I can keep working. I haven't forgotten ;)
MatYuren

PostPosted by Scyntrus96 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 08:23

I'm a pretty skilled 3D artist, I'll send you a PM.
EDIT: Just joined so I can't actually send messages yet.
Scyntrus96

Next

Return to New Users