AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6.0.2)

PostPosted by Hinkler » Sun Jun 18, 2017 19:35

I'm currently running colonize valyria alongside this mod and I moved my capital to valyria and now I can't recruit any retinues. Heres a screenshot of what shows up for me.
Spoiler: show

Edit: Fixed the issue! I looked at some older comments and found out that i needed to add some lines to the retinue file. For anyone who has a similiar issue i add these lines
OR = {
region = world_free_cities
region = world_old_valyria
}
to where region = world_free_cities was. Also just wanted to say this is one of my favorite submods for AGOT!
Hinkler

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Jun 19, 2017 03:06

Hinkler wrote:I'm currently running colonize valyria alongside this mod and I moved my capital to valyria and now I can't recruit any retinues. Heres a screenshot of what shows up for me.
Spoiler: show

Edit: Fixed the issue! I looked at some older comments and found out that i needed to add some lines to the retinue file. For anyone who has a similiar issue i add these lines
OR = {
region = world_free_cities
region = world_old_valyria
}
to where region = world_free_cities was. Also just wanted to say this is one of my favorite submods for AGOT!

Oh, will add that in the submod next release. BTW a heads up for the next update, Conclave features and the Dragonsguard may be temporarily disabled as there are still some major things that I need to fix there.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by tonso » Tue Jun 20, 2017 00:04

Do you have the Valyrian highways in mind?
tonso

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6.0.3)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 20, 2017 06:12

Update. Several things changed and some temporarily disabled:

general
-On Blackfyre bookmark, event to leave Westeros fires 90 days after game start now. Just in case you want to do stuff in Westeros.
-Narrative events when you use the mod's Create Valyrian Empire and Embrace the Lord of Light decisions
-Slightly modified the Create Valyrian Empire decision so Volantis doesn't need to be your Primary Title, just a title in your demesne.
-Removed targetted decision "Create Liege Title" as with Game Rules you can now create Ducal titles without needing to have a province there.
-Added a "Raise Noble" target decision to provinces you own on your demesne, it creates a character with the local religion and culture and grants them the province.
-k_valyrian_empire is now "Imperial Crownlands"
-Dragonsguard features have been disabled, as I am overhauling the concept.
casus belli
-Valyrian Invasion and Valyrian Subjugation are now two distinct CBs. Invasion remains the same as the previous version, Subjugation can only be used against each of the 9+1 Free Cities if the target has the King-tier title itself, it takes the city itself (c_lys, c_tyrosh, etc.) along with the King-tier title while vassalizing other lords and patricians within the de-jure Kingdom.
laws
-removed Imperial Obligations laws for Conclave and re-enabled the regular Aristocratic/Plutocratic slider. I realized just because Paradox wants to mantain two different sets of laws for people who have Conclave, doesn't mean I have too.
gfx
-Removed Valyrian Empire Blackfyre/Targaryen CoA, as base mod now has similar events integrated.
-Changed default CoA for the Valyrian Empire and Imperial Crownlands
-Changed color of Valyrian Empire to match the Imperial Government color, it's a kind of purplish imperialish color.
-changed decision icon
-added a couple new event gfx
-Changed localisation of Title tiers to match an earlier version.
-Changed localisation to account for the new council position "Court Physician"
-Changed localisation for a variety of events
bugfixes
-Fixed bug where if you have Colonise Valyria and your capital is in Old Valyria you couldnt form retinues.
-Fixed bug where you wouldnt ever be able to change to feudal from imperial because the conditions required you to be feudal. It's still not recommended to change to Feudal, though, it's never been tested!
-Generally, previously reported bugs whould be ok now.
BUGS!!
-Sometimes while playing as a Blackfyre in the Blackfyre bookmark, you might randomly get claims to King's Landing even if you chose Essos.
-Mega Wars in the Valyrian Empire might not be working properly. Default Imperial Government laws has them disabled.
-The only way to have the Council vote how you want for Imperial Government laws is buying favours or requesting council support, otherwise the council will be undecisive and the time limit will pass.
-Valyrian Empire exclusive Minor Titles might not show at all.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 20, 2017 06:12

tonso wrote:Do you have the Valyrian highways in mind?

Yeah, they'll be comimg soonish.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 08:17

A Valeryon guy can take the New Valyria Crownland ?
BlackfyreRulz

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 22:07

When I create a duchy level merchant republic I keep getting the new great house has risen popup and it keeps popping up how do you fix this
BangBang45

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Jun 21, 2017 02:59

BlackfyreRulz wrote:A Valeryon guy can take the New Valyria Crownland ?

Yes.

BangBang45 wrote:When I create a duchy level merchant republic I keep getting the new great house has risen popup and it keeps popping up how do you fix this

What is your primary title? How are you creating the merchant republic, and from which bookmark are you starting?
Arcvalons

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 22:54

Arcvalons wrote:
BlackfyreRulz wrote:A Valeryon guy can take the New Valyria Crownland ?

Yes.

BangBang45 wrote:When I create a duchy level merchant republic I keep getting the new great house has risen popup and it keeps popping up how do you fix this

What is your primary title? How are you creating the merchant republic, and from which bookmark are you starting?

Valyrian Empire and I just gave a ruler of a city a duchy and dance of the dragons
BangBang45

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Jun 26, 2017 06:32

I believe it had something to do with the hidden event that checks for imperial government, should be fixed next update. Also a bit of a preview:

Arcvalons

PostPosted by salatrin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 16:22

Personally, i think the stats on the imperial road is waaay too OP, the westeros roads only add 30% movement speed and this one adds 300% meaning u could prob move ur army thru all essos over the roads in under a month and when combined with administrator, would be even quicker.

Plus the build cost and time modifiers being 50% each, combined those with a level 5 slave camp(also 50% for both and they stack) and ull be able to build every upgrade for 1 gold each in a single day.
salatrin

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 03:57

I've read the recent posts, but is this still compatible with Colonize Valyria?
Helvetti

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 27, 2017 03:57

Helvetti wrote:I've read the recent posts, but is this still compatible with Colonize Valyria?

Yes.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 04:18

Arcvalons wrote:
Helvetti wrote:I've read the recent posts, but is this still compatible with Colonize Valyria?

Yes.

Duh, it's written in the OP. I somehow missed that! Is the version posted the one without Dragonsguard? What are you planning to do with them, something different than the Kingsguard? (Or you could even remodel the kingsguard)
Helvetti

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 04:26

When starting in the Conquest bookmark, I automatically gain the Empire of New Valyria... which renders this mod useless, as I cannot destroy that title!
Helvetti

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 27, 2017 04:32

Helvetti wrote:
Arcvalons wrote:

Yes.

Duh, it's written in the OP. I somehow missed that! Is the version posted the one without Dragonsguard? What are you planning to do with them, something different than the Kingsguard? (Or you could even remodel the kingsguard)

Yes, right now the Dragonsguard is disabled. I was planning on adding various "imperial orders", with different requirements to create each of them, like for example "Fist of R'hllor" if your religion is Rhllor, or the "Andal Knights" if you control Andalos. One of the features of the Imperial Government is that the Emperor into relies more on retinues, mercenaries, personal demesne, and so on, so that goes to compliment that. There's a bit of rebalancing in that direction next update, too.

When starting in the Conquest bookmark, I automatically gain the Empire of New Valyria... which renders this mod useless, as I cannot destroy that title!

There is an alternate bookmark to use for this mod, it's called "Dragon of the East: Aegon the Restorer".
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 04:36

Nice! Seems very complicated to add all that flavour to all possible Kingsguards. Sorry about the bookmark, I didn't click custom game, so my fault.
Helvetti

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue Jun 27, 2017 05:38

Sorry for the doublepost.
Suggestion: vimperial_emperor_title_prince/princess rename to Crown Princess, so that vimperial_king_title_prince can be just Prince.

Also, Collinsguard mod government keeps changing to Imperial for some reason (using this as duct tape for the lack of dragon guard)
Helvetti

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 27, 2017 07:45

Haven't checked Collinsguard mod, it's probably not compatible as of this moment. Will fix Prince localisation.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Wolf Steel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 08:51

With the addition of the monks and mystics DLC, a few ideas were crossing over my mind earlier that might fit into this mod pretty well if you like them.

A society strictly for the Imperial government (if it's possible to make societies government-restricted, not much of a modder myself) that seeks to pursue the old arcane arts that destroyed the old Valyrian Empire, with some flavorful events stylized around pursuing the old arcanic studies and making new discoveries and trying to bring back the magical arts of the old empire. Could make it a Valryian-only religion society, too.

Perhaps make it a sort of intrigue-oriented pursuit too, with another serving as the the polar opposite of all the demon worshiping societies (including the one mentioned above) in the world and prevent them from perverting the world with dark arts and preserving the empire from possible, corruptible threats from other religions/societies and prevent another cataclysm from abusing magical powers. Make them two possible societies within the Valyrian Empire, and sort of make it a goal for each society to cull one another down while pursuing their own agenda at the same time.

Or could make them both independent factions that have a sort of mutual-agreement to avoid each other so long as their agendas work to only further the Empire and the current Dragonlord, with perhaps some rare events they collaborate with one another on a difficult string of missions/events.
Wolf Steel

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods