AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6.0.3)

PostPosted by BayHL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:53

Hi,

I absolutely love the idea of the mod. Unfortunately, I seem to be running into some troubles correctly installing it.

The problem I have is that for the Aegon and Daemon bookmarks, no events fire at the beginning. One does for the Beggar King bookmark, though ...

Here is what I did:
- Fresh install of AGOT
- Copied the "Colonise Valyria" files into the Dragon of the East Files
- Copied the freshly joint files as a submod to the mod directory
- Clicked both AGOT and the DotE submod and it launches, no problem there ...

but as I said: Once I load for example the Aegon bookmark, I can pretty much manually do everything, but I figured there would be an event in the beginning?

Thanks and Cheers!
BayHL

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Jun 28, 2017 18:16

BayHL wrote:Hi,

I absolutely love the idea of the mod. Unfortunately, I seem to be running into some troubles correctly installing it.

The problem I have is that for the Aegon and Daemon bookmarks, no events fire at the beginning. One does for the Beggar King bookmark, though ...

Here is what I did:
- Fresh install of AGOT

but as I said: Once I load for example the Aegon bookmark, I can pretty much manually do everything, but I figured there would be an event in the beginning?

Thanks and Cheers!

Just have Dragon of the East and Colonise Valyria separately, and tick both boxes in the Launcher. Right now there aren't startup events for Aegon, just the CB which lets you start conquering pentos because its closest to Dragonstone. In the Daemon Blackfyre bookmark, the event fires approximately 3 months after the game starts.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by BayHL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 18:45

Arcvalons wrote:
BayHL wrote:Hi,

Here is what I did:
- Fresh install of AGOT

Thanks and Cheers!

Just have Dragon of the East and Colonise Valyria separately, and tick both boxes in the Launcher. Right now there aren't startup events for Aegon, just the CB which lets you start conquering pentos because its closest to Dragonstone. In the Daemon Blackfyre bookmark, the event fires approximately 3 months after the game starts.

Ahaaaa! That was it! Thank you. Now excuse me, I have some dragons to let loose.
BayHL

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Jul 02, 2017 22:10

Updated. Several new things added, I made an album which showcases much of the changes here:
http://imgur.com/a/1P9VC

-Can now form the Valyrian Empire if you hold the base mod's New Valyria title, it will then just replace New Valyria with the Valyrian Empire. This means you can create the VE as say, Triarch Horonno in Bleeding Years, or Aurion in Century of Blood. the decision is disabled for AI though, so only a player can enact it.
- Overhauled Retinues, vanilla retinues are now available along with more specialized retinues.
- Recruitment Offices / Imperial Army Outposts are now a province decision, click on the CoA of a province to build and upgrade them. You can only build them on your own demesne. There are four different tiers you can build. They increase your retinue cap but cripple your local levies.
- You can build and upgrade Imperial Road Networks in any province in the realm. Click on the CoA of a province to build and upgrade them. There are four different tiers you can build, with costs going upwards to 2000 gold for a single province to have a fully upgraded road network, but the bonuses are worth it.
- There is a new Valyrian culture, events to convert courtiers and vassals will fire after the Empire's formation, turning characters from Essosi Valyrian and Free Cities cultures into this Valyrian culture.
-Mantaining a full Imperial government system now makes vassals much less content, starting Imperial laws have considerable negative opinion modifiers.
-Improved localisation all around.
- This actually was in last update, but I forgot to mention: When you inherit a vassal's Duke-or-Higher tier title after their death, their primary title heir will get a claim.
-Fixed some culture issues.
-Fixed Dragon Tamer laws.
-Added the files to restore Essos trade routes, but disabled them because I'm not sure it wont cause the game to crash after some years and doom your save. If you want them back in, change the name of the file "essos_trade_routes.disabled" to "essos_trade_routes.txt "
-Imperial Palace decision cannot be activated yet. This is working as intended because its still in development.
-Other stuff I'm forgetting. Maybe.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by BayHL » Mon Jul 03, 2017 09:24

The changes Sound absolutely amazing
One thing that interests me, which you May have answered already? Are you planning to and in more of this "Archon" style system, instead of being outright emperor. From what I've read, it would relatively mirror the Volantese Triarchy System...
BayHL

PostPosted by salatrin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:21

Just downloaded 1.7 version that u just recently posted and it seems tht the imperial laws are seriously broken.

First every law change i want to make, my ENTIRE council is undecided with not a single supporter or opposer which makes the law vote go on for months, and second, during the law vote of the law im trying to pass, some random vassal of mine suddenly calls in a favor from completely out of nowhere since i never owed him any favor to begin with, but he uses this invisible favor to start a vote on the very law that im in the process of trying to pass which ends up forcing me to vote AGAINST the very law im trying to pass to begin with.

And third, not sure if this is intended or not but the one law i did manage to get passed, caused both laws in the same group to be active at once shown in image below, restricted nobility AND partial nobility which ends up making my vassals hate me even more since now i have the -30 opinion of one and the -15 of the other at the same time stacked up against me.

(in case anyone doesnt know, the image wont show but if u right click the word 'image' u can view it)

Edit: on further testing, and i could be wrong but it almost seems to appear that u might have set the way the nobility laws is working on purpose perhaps to force us to put it to autonomous nobility cuz once u get to autonomous, the other 2 both go inactive with partial being the only one u can then change it back to which is correct, then from there, if u change it back to restricted, it then remains the only active one till u try to make your way back to autonomous to which both restricted and partial will then both go active at same time again till u finally make it back to autonomous.
But then i guess if all that was the intended point, then ud may as well get rid of the partial altogether and just have either restricted or autonomous. or it just might be a bug as i first thought.

Seems maybe and again i could be wrong but maybe the first part of my post too might be intended to HIDE what the council will actually do cuz my most recent law vote that i consoled to allow to test the nobility law set, even when they were all undecided, i kept it on the law vote screen to see, and by the time the law changed, most had voted one way or another, but my 2nd point still stands about these so called invisible favors my vassals are calling in from out of their behind to force me to vote against the very law im trying to pass
salatrin

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Mon Jul 03, 2017 14:54

I have the exact same experience voting for laws in this previous version of the mod as well. No one wants to vote for it, and then right before it ends someone calls in a favor I didn't owe them to get me to reset the voting and vote against the law.
Axelofthekey

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.1)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Jul 03, 2017 16:27

Updated to 1.7.1
Bugfixes
-Fixed an issue with two Laws being active at the same time.
-Conclave DLC: Loyalist characters will now correctly vote for the laws you want.
Features:
- Dragon of the East: Blackfyre bookmark starts a bit differently. Daemon Blackfyre goes to Tyrosh instead of the Stepstones, and within 45 days you will get an event to take over.

I've also uploaded the mod to ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dragon-of-the-east

I think the favours thing may be a vanilla issue. I don't think I have touched anything that could have an effect on that, but I'll look into it.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 18:44

I'm still having a bug when trying to create a duchy level merchant republic the new patrician house event keeps popping up does anyone know a fix for this was this submod not meant to make merchant republics or something
BangBang45

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Jul 03, 2017 20:12

BangBang45 wrote:I'm still having a bug when trying to create a duchy level merchant republic the new patrician house event keeps popping up does anyone know a fix for this was this submod not meant to make merchant republics or something

Imperial is a different government-type, so all republican and feudal vassals under an Imperial government become Imperial too. That might be the issue. Though it should not interfere with Merchant republics outside the Empire.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Gar » Mon Jul 03, 2017 23:24

Sweet mod

However, something in 1.7.x seems to have broken the Valyrian religion multiple marriage system

All characters with valyrian religion can only have one wife instead of 3, and the secondary wife tab is replaced by the regular concubine tab all other religions have too
Gar

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Mon Jul 03, 2017 23:58

The "Integrate Into Valyrian Empire" decision isn't appearing anymore when I right-click on Kingdom Titles I own. It's still there in the code, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by salatrin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 23:59

Gar wrote:Sweet mod

However, something in 1.7.x seems to have broken the Valyrian religion multiple marriage system

All characters with valyrian religion can only have one wife instead of 3, and the secondary wife tab is replaced by the regular concubine tab all other religions have too

I never noticed that issue at first cuz i play with my own custom characters that i added to the game myself and had my player already married to his 2 wives and that worked perfectly fine but i just checked other valyrian forces such elyria and sure enough they only have one wife and concubines show up in place of secondary wives as u say but its wierd cuz i dont see any religion file in this mod to override the base mod one so personally not sure how or why it is happening
salatrin

PostPosted by Enlightened_Royalist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 20:05

Yeah, had that happen to me too, fortunately after awhile it fixed itself.
Enlightened_Royalist

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Wed Jul 05, 2017 02:01

Axelofthekey wrote:The "Integrate Into Valyrian Empire" decision isn't appearing anymore when I right-click on Kingdom Titles I own. It's still there in the code, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I double-checked to make sure that this wasn't because I was also using Colonise Valyria, and it wans't. This decision just doesn't work. The Kingdom-Level Imperial Crownlands title is also not set as a De Jure part of the Valyrian Empire title.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Jul 05, 2017 15:38

It may be something dumb on my part like a missing bracket, Ill check that out.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Gar » Fri Jul 07, 2017 00:04

Apparently the valyrian wife problem fixes itself when you gain a kingdom tier title, atleast that's what fixed it for my character

No idea if it that always works or not; all other valyrians in my savegame are still broken
Gar

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Fri Jul 07, 2017 06:19

Updated to 1.7.2, the "Integrate into Valyrian Empire" decision should be showing up again. I also removed a line from the feudal_governments file that might have been causing the issue with the Valyrian secondary wives.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Fri Jul 07, 2017 06:33

BayHL wrote:The changes Sound absolutely amazing
One thing that interests me, which you May have answered already? Are you planning to and in more of this "Archon" style system, instead of being outright emperor. From what I've read, it would relatively mirror the Volantese Triarchy System...

I kinda want too, though the code for the Triarchy system feels incredibly complex and intimidating. It would probably be simpler to just switch the default laws in the empire from primogeniture to elective.
Arcvalons

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

PostPosted by sidious307 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 02:16

valyrian freehold is the correct term
sidious307

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods