AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 23:10

I cannot create the kingdom of volantis as dragonlord of valyria is that normal?
BangBang45

PostPosted by Gar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 02:14

The negative opinion modifiers seem a little excessive now IMO

With all of the -20/-30 modifiers you get from the laws, the -20 wrong goverment malus and the -10 you get for automatically switching succession laws when you get the empire it's kinda hard not to have almost every single vassal be at -75 to -100 for quite some time
Gar

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Jul 10, 2017 03:24

BangBang45 wrote:I cannot create the kingdom of volantis as dragonlord of valyria is that normal?

Yeah, that's because Kingdoms in Essos are really small sometimes (Lys, Tyrosh) so vassals would create them themselves without the Dragonlord's imput.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Jul 12, 2017 07:52

1.5 patch coming sometime this week

also I made everyone dress up like satanists
http://i.imgur.com/rzVIdKi.png

the good thing is i learned to potentially have imperial characters have unique clothing, too bad republican clothing is restricted though
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Thu Jul 13, 2017 18:11

Arcvalons

PostPosted by livelikeme14 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 02:13

Arcvalons wrote:Image

OMG YESSS
livelikeme14

PostPosted by JumpingHornet » Sat Jul 15, 2017 05:04

I'm hyped for the new Imperial clothing :shock:
JumpingHornet

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 22:13

I'm getting a crash every time I check on the military tab now I made sure it wasn't just the GOT mod itself and it was not also tried using earlier save games also as the valyrian empire and still the samething any fixes
BangBang45

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 14:30

Loved this mod since it first came out! Been a while since playing however and I seem to remember there was a mod that allowed a High Valyrian character with a certain level of prestige to declare themselves a God (or at least decide they are worthy of being worshipped) does this mod provide that? I can't see any mention of that feature on the first page, If not could it be a potential option further down the road?

Themically it would make sense; the ancient Valyrians are held to have considered themselves above deities; it is also a minor bugbear of mine that when playing as Daenerys you either stick with the Faith of the Seven and be a object of hate due to being a product of incest, convert to a dying faith (like Valyrian) or go R'hllor and embrace sacrifice and immolation.

I'd imagine such a worship of dragonlords would be tolerant of other faiths as long as they bowed down before the dragons and would function similarly to the Valyrian faith; but the object of reverence would be the dragonlords themselves. I'm not sure how far traits and religions intertwine but i'd imagine a ruler of a state under such a faith who was not themselves a dragonlord would deal with a large opinion malus with his subjects.
Trotskisaurus

PostPosted by Croix129 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 07:55

Trotskisaurus wrote:Loved this mod since it first came out! Been a while since playing however and I seem to remember there was a mod that allowed a High Valyrian character with a certain level of prestige to declare themselves a God (or at least decide they are worthy of being worshipped) does this mod provide that? I can't see any mention of that feature on the first page, If not could it be a potential option further down the road?

Themically it would make sense; the ancient Valyrians are held to have considered themselves above deities; it is also a minor bugbear of mine that when playing as Daenerys you either stick with the Faith of the Seven and be a object of hate due to being a product of incest, convert to a dying faith (like Valyrian) or go R'hllor and embrace sacrifice and immolation.

I'd imagine such a worship of dragonlords would be tolerant of other faiths as long as they bowed down before the dragons and would function similarly to the Valyrian faith; but the object of reverence would be the dragonlords themselves. I'm not sure how far traits and religions intertwine but i'd imagine a ruler of a state under such a faith who was not themselves a dragonlord would deal with a large opinion malus with his subjects.

That would sort of fit in with Valyria=Rome sense the Emperors frequently declared gods after death and later worshiped while living. Though it was said that the Dragonlords had no respect for religion, not the Valyrians. Of course, when the early Emperors (Caligula and Nero specifically) did this it really blew up in their faces. You would need a custom religion based on Valyrian but worshiping the Dragonlords and the option to make yourself Chief Priest. Kind of a sacral monarchy.
Croix129

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 08:21

Though it was said that the Dragonlords had no respect for religion, not the Valyrians.

I overlooked that bit, definitely an important lore point; the religions of Norvos, Qohor and maybe even R'hllor descend from different Valyrian sects so they were certainly not completely irreligious.

I'm not sure how far a Dragonlord religion would go; probably not to the level of considering themselves Gods but of being more than human; the combination of man and dragon being a symbol of their might and majesty and above the petty squabbles of the faiths of those they rule. The problem in game terms of any sort of sacred monarchy would be that it would be quite powerful, there'd have to be some sort of large penalties associated with it too i'd imagine.
Trotskisaurus

PostPosted by Ailati » Mon Jul 31, 2017 18:16

Hello guys,
i have an issue with egg hatching on the new version.I'm currently playing on 1.5 and i'm the essosi valyrian King of north valyria.I do have a dragon egg and visited every single lore place on the map but somehow i can't click the decision to try hatching the egg.It says on the requirements that i need some laws ( dragon tamer law mod ?) But i don't have any of thoses laws on my law pannel . Is it normal ? Do i need to be emperor before trying to hatch an egg ? Also i'm using the colonize valyria + green valyria submods.Thanks for your help and great job on the mod !
Ailati

PostPosted by PraetorianJ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 15:16

Eh, that would be the Dragon Tamer laws, check your Crown Laws to see if something if preventing you from hatching dragon eggs.
PraetorianJ

PostPosted by BayHL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34

Does the version work with 1.5?
BayHL

PostPosted by alexmbas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 21:55

I find I am unable to tame a Dragon with this mod active, depsite it being 7-8 years old (Normally you can try to tame it at 5-6yrs old).

So I created the empire and did the events yet now I cannot change the laws - all the options are grayed out with the requirements being "No Dragonknights Law required" yet I cannot click on that Law as it is also greyed out.

Am I missing something?

*Edit*
I should include that I remade the Valyrian Freehold before conquering Esso, built up my strength recreating Valyria and then attacked. I had to switch the Empire of Valyria to my Primary title - not sure if that is a big deal or not.
alexmbas

PostPosted by AMAN » Tue Aug 08, 2017 00:41

alexmbas wrote:I find I am unable to tame a Dragon with this mod active, depsite it being 7-8 years old (Normally you can try to tame it at 5-6yrs old).

So I created the empire and did the events yet now I cannot change the laws - all the options are grayed out with the requirements being "No Dragonknights Law required" yet I cannot click on that Law as it is also greyed out.

Am I missing something?

*Edit*
I should include that I remade the Valyrian Freehold before conquering Esso, built up my strength recreating Valyria and then attacked. I had to switch the Empire of Valyria to my Primary title - not sure if that is a big deal or not.

I don't think this has been updated to AGOT 1.5 just yet as I was having the same issue.
AMAN

PostPosted by hamapo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 01:16

Hello, I have a small problem, the crown does not appear on my king, is that normal?
hamapo

PostPosted by Nidhogg » Fri Aug 18, 2017 16:26

As someone who regularly tries to re-create the Valyrian Empire in game, for there to be a mod that really captures that feeling is great! It's nice to see a bunch of features have been added to this sub-mod since I first checked it out some time ago.

On a side note, it is possible to have merchant republic vassals with the imperial government , or does every vassal get converted to the imperial one?
Nidhogg

PostPosted by ADragonBurnsTheWorld » Sat Aug 19, 2017 13:35

Is this updated to 1.5?
ADragonBurnsTheWorld

PostPosted by BayHL » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:13

It's not, afaik.
BayHL

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods