AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: Restore the Valyrian Empire!

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Apr 06, 2016 05:32

That also has been fixed on my end BTW, it's not game-breaking IMO but I can also do release a quick hotfix if you guys want. It'll be a while until the next full version.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 05:36

So, like, what are you using for Retinue upkeep in this mod? As in, where to find file?
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by JoriahPraetorDrakon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 06:34

Arcvalons wrote:I noticed that too, here's a fix, just drop this into your mod folder and overwrite when it asks you to:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d29yb ... hotfix.rar

Thanks for the speedy reply :D
JoriahPraetorDrakon

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Apr 06, 2016 21:31

Widowmaker94 wrote:So, like, what are you using for Retinue upkeep in this mod? As in, where to find file?

A character modifier that reduces retinue upkeep for the Dragonlord. Guys, what would you think about having all Imperial vassals have the Appointment succesion law, and having the Empire itself be a Republic? You would get patricians and trade posts, but the republicans' clothing and sucession laws are hardcoded.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 21:36

Arcvalons wrote:
Widowmaker94 wrote:So, like, what are you using for Retinue upkeep in this mod? As in, where to find file?

A character modifier that reduces retinue upkeep for the Dragonlord. Guys, what would you think about having all Imperial vassals have the Appointment succesion law, and having the Empire itself be a Republic? You would get patricians and trade posts, but the republicans' clothing and sucession laws are hardcoded.

... Err... maybe have it be an option rather than the only option?

I prefer Empire stuff. I don't play Republics.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 21:37

Arcvalons wrote:

What does retinue size perc mean?:confused:
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 21:44

Trade posts are cool, but there's nothing else about a republic that I would want at all.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Wed Apr 06, 2016 22:09

Widowmaker94 wrote:
Arcvalons wrote:

What does retinue size perc mean?:confused:

That's a percentage increase for the maximum size of retinues, for example: retinue_size_perc = 1.0 would increase the max size of your retinues by 100% (it would be doubled).
Arcvalons

PostPosted by pvt900 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 02:32

Arcvalons wrote:

Make it a choice similar to Colonise Valyria or Perhap a event to Convert Imperial Government into a Freehold

EDIT**** ; Also You cant form New Valyria with this mod on when you do it CTD's
pvt900

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Apr 10, 2016 06:46

Also is it just me, or Daemon Blackfyre and Bittersteel end up as rivals 9 out of 10 ? Anyway, here's AGOT Dragon of the East 1.5.5, not quite 1.6 but I've fixed all the bugs people reported in the previous version: no more infinite demesne limit, the Valyrian Liberation CB won't usurp things like the High Priesthood of R'hllor or the Faceless Men anymore, the Council will now properly vote for or against the new laws, and vassals of vassals won't hate their lieges because of infinite "Upset by Succesion Law Change" anymore.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/359d9 ... _1-5-5.rar

Added a few important features too, including two new sets of laws. With the Appointed Governors law all Duke-tier and King-tier titles in the realm revert to you after the death of their holders, essentially like Viceroyalties but more moddable for me and without you requiring the Charlemagne DLC. On the other hand, the Hereditary Governors law does exactly what you'd expect it to do.

Then there is the Autonomy laws. This is a set of three laws that range from No Autonomy, where all its non-theocratic vassals will be forced into the same succesion and gender laws as the Valyrian Empire and vassals will not split during mega wars, to Total Autonomy where all these restrictions are lifted and vassals can also fight each other or attack characters outside the realm.

Another new feature, is that any character in the realm with a prestige over 1000 will receive an event that gives them a strong non-inheritable claim to the Valyrian Empire to keep the Dragonlord on his toes (and to make playing as a vassal more viable, of course). The Dragonlord will receive an event themselves informing him when this happens, too.

And finally, I've included a completely dynamic Council for Conclave DLC users. You have the seven positions from the base mod, and then you have an additional position for each region you completely control in the Free Cities region that can only be filled by a character from there (say you conquer Myr, you will have a new open council seat for the Protector of Myr and you can only name a ruler in the Myr region to fill it ) . Additionally, if you are a follower of R'hllor, a seat will open for the High Priest if he's not your Court Chaplain since a person of such importance would demand to be part of the Empire's governance. There are also seats for the Autocrat of Essos (your designated heir, if you have one) and the Defender of the Empire (your designated regent).

This adds an additional layer to the game, where you must carefully strategize in order to fill all your Council positions, as empty seats count as votes against you. I can confirm the Councillors now properly vote as they are supposed to...

Here are some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/z9hpCwT.png

http://i.imgur.com/lVdHlQt.png

http://i.imgur.com/MCaULeF.png

http://i.imgur.com/v52dGYy.png

Oh, almost forgot, the Convert to Rhllor decision is now a self targeted decision and you have to click on your own portrait to see it. The Restore the Valyrian Empire is now a title decision, you will get an alert when you can form it.
Arcvalons

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: Restore the Valyrian Empire (1.

PostPosted by pvt900 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 17:45

I noticed a few things in my Little runs with this mod: one if anyone tries to form New Valyria (In My Case I tried making Myr, Tyrosh, Lys and Pentos form it in a way to fight me and add some flavor the game CTD'd), also when I used the Valyrian Subjugation CB I usurped all of my Vassal's Titles. For Example I had the Rhoyne,Volantis, North Valyria under my control and I usurped everything that wasn't a count title or a barony. So Duchies and above.
pvt900

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: Restore the Valyrian Empire (1.

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Apr 10, 2016 18:57

pvt900 wrote:I noticed a few things in my Little runs with this mod: one if anyone tries to form New Valyria (In My Case I tried making Myr, Tyrosh, Lys and Pentos form it in a way to fight me and add some flavor the game CTD'd), also when I used the Valyrian Subjugation CB I usurped all of my Vassal's Titles. For Example I had the Rhoyne,Volantis, North Valyria under my control and I usurped everything that wasn't a count title or a barony. So Duchies and above.

The decision to form the Valyrian Empire destroys de-jure New Valyria, hence why the first thing happens. As for the other thing, I suspect why that could be happening and it's a big issue, I'll check it out.
Arcvalons

Re: Dragon of the East: Restore the Valyrian Empire (v1.5.5.

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 21:37

The prestige granting a claim needs work. I hold the title and it keeps granting me a new claim and popping up the messages. Also, Balerion got a claim, so it should probably check to make sure non-humans don't get one.

Also, the Dragonlord's Blade thing doesn't work, because I can't assign anyone the title. I can assign people as bodyguards still, so mechanically it works, but it would be cool to have them get the title. Maybe you could make it like how Northern bodyguards are called Sworn Shields, just have it do that. I dunno.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Apr 10, 2016 23:09

Fixed that claim spamming thing, new version 1.5.5.1 is up. Valyrian Liberation shouldn't usurp your own vasal titles either, I couldn't reproduce it but revised the code just in case.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by blackham » Mon Apr 11, 2016 16:15

Hi. Thanks for this mod.. just what I have been waiting for!

One problem I am noticing. If people have the protectorate title in my realm I get spammed every in game day with about 5 messages about great houses moving to the forefront of politics in that realm. These stop the timer and pop-up on the screen. I also can't revoke the protectorates so I have to use commands to kill all the holders til they come back to me.

But when I do that I am always way over my vassal limit. Any advice or tips on how to solve/get around this?

Cheers!
blackham

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Apr 11, 2016 18:11

blackham wrote:Hi. Thanks for this mod.. just what I have been waiting for!

One problem I am noticing. If people have the protectorate title in my realm I get spammed every in game day with about 5 messages about great houses moving to the forefront of politics in that realm. These stop the timer and pop-up on the screen. I also can't revoke the protectorates so I have to use commands to kill all the holders til they come back to me.

But when I do that I am always way over my vassal limit. Any advice or tips on how to solve/get around this?

Cheers!

You mean they become Merchant Republics and you get messages about new Patrician families? After a few days in-game a hidden event should turn them into Imperial and the patricians will dissapear. You should be able to revoke the protectorates with no issue then.

I've updated to 1.5.5.2, main change is that I restricted who gets claims on the Valyrian Empire so there shoulnd't be as many claimants as before. No more priests, dragons, or random courtiers you'd never seen before claiming they would be a better Dragonlord than you.
Arcvalons

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.5.5.2)

PostPosted by LordParker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 20:15

For some reason I'm not getting an event to try and conquer Valyria whenever I play your given "Dragon of the East" or "Blackfyre" starting points? I can't find it in Intrigue either, so how does this mod work?
LordParker

PostPosted by pvt900 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 23:11

This mod is Compatible with : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =608738995 A Cheat Menu right? Idk why but i Can't form Valyria anymore.
pvt900

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Apr 17, 2016 06:51

In the newest version, the Create Valyrian Empire decision is a title decision, meaning that you will get a notification when you can create it. The requirements remain the same, if you want to check them in game, search the Valyrian Empire in the title finder next to the minimap and click on the CoA.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Lime » Wed Apr 20, 2016 22:09

The Autocrat of Essos-title doesn't seem to work. No matter who holds it (honorary title and council position both), the current heir is still determined by inheritance law - ie, oldest child in case of primogeniture.
Lime

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods