AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.5.5.2)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Apr 24, 2016 04:15

Lime wrote:The Autocrat of Essos-title doesn't seem to work. No matter who holds it (honorary title and council position both), the current heir is still determined by inheritance law - ie, oldest child in case of primogeniture.

Hmm, I'll look into that. Thank you for the feedback!
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Croix129 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 02:00

Very cool mod. Just recently created a Targaryen Empire under Viserys and Dany. My only complaint is the way the Free city kingdom titles are destroyed when they're added into the Valyrian Empire. Personally I think it would be better to be able to make them d-jure part of the Empire without destroying them, but that's just my two cents.
Croix129

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Tue May 03, 2016 05:52

Is it still possible to convert to R'hllor in the latest version and if so how?
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by ValyrianGoldfish » Tue May 03, 2016 14:07

whenever i try and load this mod it crashes to desktop :/ anybody know of a reason why? the only mod im using it with is Colonise Valyria
ValyrianGoldfish

PostPosted by Lime » Thu May 05, 2016 20:25

Croix129 wrote:Very cool mod. Just recently created a Targaryen Empire under Viserys and Dany. My only complaint is the way the Free city kingdom titles are destroyed when they're added into the Valyrian Empire. Personally I think it would be better to be able to make them d-jure part of the Empire without destroying them, but that's just my two cents.

Maybe by turning them into titular-dejure kingdoms, with the possibility of vassals plotting to reinstitute the republics.
Lime

PostPosted by Lime » Thu May 05, 2016 20:25

EDIT: Double
Lime

PostPosted by Payuset » Mon May 09, 2016 07:08

first off, very cool mod, really awesome!

how would one should go about making this mod "compatible" with colonize valyria.

"compatible" as in i recolonize valyria, set up my capital in valyria (because valyrian empire) and as of now, i cant recruit any more retinues.

i've been looking, and i know where i have to make the changes, and what those changes should be (or so i believe)

thing is, i have no idea how to go about it.

either change colonise valyria so world_old_valyria is included in world_free_cities or add to all retinue tipes a second region for old valyria.

another change i "know" how to do and i want to do, is to allow the valyrian empire to restore the valyrian religion, and to allow the "high valyrian rising" which stop HV culling, but then again i dont know how to go about it, changing colonize valyria to allow "dote" to do it or to add to "dote" similar decisions? or just go and create a "new" mod for it.

im a bit stumped, so any help/advice/encouragement/whatever, would be apreciated.

edit: obviously i dont want to break either mod, thats why im asking before i start doing anything that may break everything.

edit2: turns out i dont have the slightest clue on how to replicate the e_old_valyria creation event. the rest i do, but gonna ask ninja about that one.
Payuset

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue May 10, 2016 03:46

Payuset wrote:first off, very cool mod, really awesome!

how would one should go about making this mod "compatible" with colonize valyria.

"compatible" as in i recolonize valyria, set up my capital in valyria (because valyrian empire) and as of now, i cant recruit any more retinues.

i've been looking, and i know where i have to make the changes, and what those changes should be (or so i believe)

thing is, i have no idea how to go about it.

either change colonise valyria so world_old_valyria is included in world_free_cities or add to all retinue tipes a second region for old valyria.

another change i "know" how to do and i want to do, is to allow the valyrian empire to restore the valyrian religion, and to allow the "high valyrian rising" which stop HV culling, but then again i dont know how to go about it, changing colonize valyria to allow "dote" to do it or to add to "dote" similar decisions? or just go and create a "new" mod for it.

im a bit stumped, so any help/advice/encouragement/whatever, would be apreciated.

edit: obviously i dont want to break either mod, thats why im asking before i start doing anything that may break everything.

edit2: turns out i dont have the slightest clue on how to replicate the e_old_valyria creation event. the rest i do, but gonna ask ninja about that one.

In the retinue files for DOTE, add region = world_old_valyria just below region = world_free_cities in each entrry, that should fix it
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Payuset » Tue May 10, 2016 05:18

Arcvalons wrote:
Payuset wrote:snip.

In the retinue files for DOTE, add region = world_old_valyria just below region = world_free_cities in each entrry, that should fix it

yes, thats what i did, but my worry is that if i disable colonise valyria it will break dote, as world_old_valyria doesnt exist then.

guess i'll check it and see how it goes.
Payuset

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Tue May 10, 2016 05:21

You could make a sub-sub-mod that requires them both and put the altered relevant files in it.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue May 10, 2016 17:46

Payuset wrote:
Arcvalons wrote:
Payuset wrote:snip.

yes, thats what i did, but my worry is that if i disable colonise valyria it will break dote, as world_old_valyria doesnt exist then.

guess i'll check it and see how it goes.

it shouldn't break it, just in case, put both under an OR bracket, as

OR = {
region = world_free_cities
region = world_old_valyria
}
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Kilratan » Sun May 29, 2016 10:48

Sorry but I don't have the decision to form the valyrian empire :?
Kilratan

PostPosted by Payuset » Sun May 29, 2016 14:14

Need to have at least Volantis and another free city, and a realm size of 100.

though that is probably not your problem.

to see the decision, you need to do the following: search titles -> Valyrian Empire (the emperor tier, the king tier is there but does nothing.) and right click on the COA, there will be 2 options, the standard create title and Restore the valyrian empire. Use the second.
Payuset

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Sun May 29, 2016 14:37

So, the decision to integrate a kingdom into the empire appears to work on any kingdom title, whether anyone holds the title or even if it's not under your control. You can right-click on any kingdom-sized title shield and get it.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Kilratan » Sun May 29, 2016 14:41

Ok, thanks you. I will try ^^
Kilratan

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Fri Jun 03, 2016 01:55

Is this compatible with the latest version of the Mod?
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Fri Jun 03, 2016 19:13

It should be.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 19:27

Actually, it doesn't. Working on updating it now.

Also, if anyone wants to help with a few things, feel free to send me a PM. I particularly need help with factions and plots regarding the new laws of the Valyrian Empire.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sat Jun 11, 2016 22:19

Next version will have playable Viserys (III) in Braavos, the Dragon Guard ( a mix between the kingsguard and the varangian guard), and many bug fixes and stuff.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 23:52

Arcvalons wrote:Next version will have playable Viserys (III) in Braavos, the Dragon Guard ( a mix between the kingsguard and the varangian guard), and many bug fixes and stuff.

Sounds awesome!
Splat_Tim

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods