AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.7.2)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.5.5.2)

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 01:58

Can't wait dude, I honestly think I'll do that Viserys III start just for something different. Will he start with the dragon eggs from Illyrio, or do you think that would make it too easy?
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Jun 12, 2016 02:18

Axelofthekey wrote:Can't wait dude, I honestly think I'll do that Viserys III start just for something different. Will he start with the dragon eggs from Illyrio, or do you think that would make it too easy?

It's going to be the hardest start actually, Aegon has men and dragons, Daemon the Rogue Prince has men and dragons and an alliance with the Iron Throne, Daemon Blackfyre has men and alliances with the Iron Throne and Tyrosh, and Viserys has neither and starts as a vassal and as a minor (13yo) with bad stats (cruel, wroth, lunatic).

Easiest to Hardest so far (IMO):
Rogue Prince > Aegon > Blackfyre > Viserys
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 02:25

That makes me want to try it even more.
Axelofthekey

Re: AGOT Dragon of the East: The Valyrian Empire (v1.6)

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Jun 12, 2016 04:34

Updated to 1.6, major new features are the Dragon Guard, which are like a mix of the Kingsguard and the Varangian Guard, and a "Beggar King" start date in 289 AL featuring Viserys Targaryen in exile in Braavos. Also restored certain decisions to the normal decision list, as people were having trouble finding them. Also fixed a couple bugs.

I should probably start writing a changelog.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Sun Jun 12, 2016 07:08

Arcvalons wrote:Updated to 1.6, major new features are the Dragon Guard, which are like a mix of the Kingsguard and the Varangian Guard, and a "Beggar King" start date in 289 AL featuring Viserys Targaryen in exile in Braavos. Also restored certain decisions to the normal decision list, as people were having trouble finding them. Also fixed a couple bugs.

There seems to be a few bugs:

-All Bookmarks besides the Mod's are no longer present. then again this may not be a bug and you have purposely did that because it perhaps helps the mod in some way.

-All Bookmarks when you go in the custom menu all end with BM and have _ between each word. So: BM_THE_BEGGER_KING, BM_THE_ROUGE_PRINCE, etc. Not much of a bug but thought I should bring that up to you.

-The artwork you had for the decisions are now replaced with a red square with the letters DotE. Again, not much of a bug but I thought I should bring it up to you.

Other than that it's great! Can't wait for when the Dragonlord Imperial Cult religion comes out in a later version!
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Sun Jun 12, 2016 18:45

Splat_Tim wrote:
Arcvalons wrote:Updated to 1.6, major new features are the Dragon Guard, which are like a mix of the Kingsguard and the Varangian Guard, and a "Beggar King" start date in 289 AL featuring Viserys Targaryen in exile in Braavos. Also restored certain decisions to the normal decision list, as people were having trouble finding them. Also fixed a couple bugs.

-All Bookmarks besides the Mod's are no longer present. then again this may not be a bug and you have purposely did that because it perhaps helps the mod in some way.

-All Bookmarks when you go in the custom menu all end with BM and have _ between each word. So: BM_THE_BEGGER_KING, BM_THE_ROUGE_PRINCE, etc. Not much of a bug but thought I should bring that up to you.

-The artwork you had for the decisions are now replaced with a red square with the letters DotE. Again, not much of a bug but I thought I should bring it up to you.

Other than that it's great! Can't wait for when the Dragonlord Imperial Cult religion comes out in a later version!

1. Yes, it made it easier for me to mantain the bookmarks without conflicts. Otherwise vanilla bookmark descriptions would be used for the characters.

2. That's definetly an oversight.

3. They were placeholders, but I kinda liked how they looked, so I didn't replace them.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:26

Arcvalons wrote:
Splat_Tim wrote:

1. Yes, it made it easier for me to mantain the bookmarks without conflicts. Otherwise vanilla bookmark descriptions would be used for the characters.

2. That's definetly an oversight.

3. They were placeholders, but I kinda liked how they looked, so I didn't replace them.

Alright makes sense if it makes things easier. Only problem I see with it is that it kinda restricts you from only playing as those characters.
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by JumpingHornet » Thu Jun 16, 2016 03:23

I can't seem to grant my female vassal the "protector of Lorath" minor title. I checked the files, and I saw "is female = no" and deleted it (Thought this was work, as it worked with the raise to nobility and the grant knighthood decisions) and it completely stopped me from granting them at all >__>.

What would be a way to give female vassals the ability to hold the "Protector of" titles?

Edit: Also, what seems like an oversight regarding forced gender/succ laws.

They seem to revert back to pure Agnatic succession laws just months after you enforce the gender laws that you have. I wouldn't really have a problem if it was changed to Agnatic-Cognatic, but pure agnatic in a realm in which the liege has Cognatic just seems kind of silly >__>. This only happens with male rulers, my female rulers stay with my cognatic stance.

Edit (Again): Oddly enough, after overwriting my modded file with the original, which was the same as the one before I tried to mod it in the first place because of this problem, the Lorath queen now can be given the title. Weird. Must have been a problem on my end. The gender thing is still a problem though.
JumpingHornet

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Thu Jun 16, 2016 05:59

Also, I forgot to report one final bug. When you declare war with the Valyrian Subjugation casus beli, you'll take most of their land but not their title or their capital, so for example if you won a war against Lys, the Magister would keep their king tier title and the city of Lys and remain independent, no matter how many wars of Valyrian Subjugation you declare.
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by Payuset » Thu Jun 16, 2016 07:25

Splat_Tim wrote:Also, I forgot to report one final bug. When you declare war with the Valyrian Subjugation casus beli, you'll take most of their land but not their title or their capital, so for example if you won a war against Lys, the Magister would keep their king tier title and the city of Lys and remain independent, no matter how many wars of Valyrian Subjugation you declare.

I had this happen to me just once, but only against a theocracy, the bearded men somehow had gained control of norvos.
Payuset

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Sun Jun 19, 2016 00:36

Payuset wrote:
Splat_Tim wrote:Also, I forgot to report one final bug. When you declare war with the Valyrian Subjugation casus beli, you'll take most of their land but not their title or their capital, so for example if you won a war against Lys, the Magister would keep their king tier title and the city of Lys and remain independent, no matter how many wars of Valyrian Subjugation you declare.

I had this happen to me just once, but only against a theocracy, the bearded men somehow had gained control of norvos.

It's happening to me for any King-tier title.
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by Virtuemike » Wed Jun 29, 2016 21:24

So great mod rly, i'm ten years into Deamon blackfyre conquest and i must say i' m impressed, i wish i could help but my skills are close to zero in the matter.

Few things i noted :

- My dragonguard is formed but i still get the option to create it.
- I wish we had two options when our heir ask us to go there : Let him join for life, or only for a few years, like the real varangian guard, so he can keep the trait but still be my heir.
- Could we get a "red knight" or "black knigt" trait to replace the regular knight trait ? As the two daemon you come from westeros and you have been trained as a knight so i think it would be cool to have something close the knight trait but in the r'hllor religion.

Also i wonder, do the dragonguard protect you in battle like the king's guard ? If yes, i think the ones who join should all be skilled warrior.

Really great mod, thank you for all your work.
Virtuemike

Decision forces game-over

PostPosted by aap5454 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 18:18

So I wanted to do an Aegon style conquest of Essos as a Valyrian custom generated house, and I've reached the point where I can fire the decision. When I do so however, I become a republic which forces a game-over (even though I have the required DLC). how do I fix this?
aap5454

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 18:28

decision probably doesn't create a family palace.

create_family_palace = yes
SinStar87

PostPosted by Virtuemike » Tue Jul 05, 2016 00:41

One more thing, all the dragon guard commanders are named qavo for some reason, and when he dies the dragonguard dies and i need to reform it from scratch (which is not a big deal i felt like pointing it out) .

EDIT : Also, when i tried to launch a conquest of westeros via the " expand realm by conquest " ambition, it actually gave me the title of New valyria instead of the option to launch an invasion within five years. I really don't why but i think it's related to the mod ^^
Virtuemike

PostPosted by Payuset » Tue Jul 05, 2016 23:10

A bunch of things,

On the new decisions.
on Restore valyrian empire, change potential to:
Code: Select all
potential = {
          ai = no
               e_valyrian_empire = {
                  has_holder = no
               }
      }

soit doesnt stay there even after you used it.

on convert to rhllor:
potential = {
         ai = no
         not = { religion = rhllor }
      }

same reason

and on the dragonguard you can do 2 options

NOT = { has_global_flag = dragon_guard_formed}

or
d_dragonsguard= {
                  has_holder = no
               }

either of them makes it so you can only form 1 dragonsguard, with the second allowing you to recreate it if it ever disapears.

EDIT: on buildings: monthly_character_prestige doesnt work except for family palaces (i think its a known vanilla bug) instead use liege_prestige, as you only use it on the dragonlords tower wont grant prestige to anyone else.
bad localisation on that same building, Name has _castle_ in the middle desc doesnt, so it has no desc.
Payuset

PostPosted by yoloswaggins » Thu Jul 07, 2016 07:53

wheni enable this mdo along with Agot overhaul, Viserys gets repalced by Aemon Targaryen, is there a fix to this bug?
yoloswaggins

PostPosted by Feloirus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 19:46

Love the mod; hoping for some actual dragonguard functionality next update. Also some of the laws are bugged so that when you shift it, both stay active. This makes for some pretty nasty stacking negative modifiers on your vassals. Minor and easy to work around though, keep it up buddy ^^
Feloirus

PostPosted by TalymTarg » Thu Jul 14, 2016 20:54

Do you think it would be possible to add the Imperial government type just by itself?
TalymTarg

PostPosted by pvt900 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 06:27

Is there any way to remove the bookmarks and restore the main games bookmarks? I enjoy the starts however The fact it wipes out all of the bookmarks kills it for me (sorry, I enjoy the mod alot however)
pvt900

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods