http://www.mediafire.com/download/ax5y5 ... .6.0.0.rar
Legacy of Rome and Conclave recommended for full experience.
This is a small Sub-Mod that adds a little more flavor to the game if you decide you want to create an empire in Essos. Included are several decisions that will allow you to create a "Valyrian Empire" in Essos, complete with an exclusive government-type (Imperial Government) and set of laws, which will make your new domains feel a lot more like 'Roman Empire meets ASOIAF'. I've also added a special Valyrian Subjugation CB, as well as religious decisions to convert to R'hllor if you want, to move your capital, and to absorb de-jure kingdoms into the empire.
At first this sub-mod was going to be exclusively about improving Aegon's Conquest of the Free Cities, thus it was going to use the existing New Valyria title and related events, but in the end it proved easier to do it all over my way rather risk breaking something in the existing code (which is pretty dense, to be fair). Not only can you enact the decisions at your own pace and all that, but also, any character other than Aegon the Conqueror can form the Valyrian Empire, such as Daemon the Rogue Prince for example, if that character meets all the requirements.
Features in Detail
- Restore the Valyrian Empire. The requirements are shown here: http://imgur.com/JuYgN7l.png
- When you create the Valyrian Empire, you get decisions to integrate all King-tier titles you have in the Free Cities region as your "crownlands", or to give them to vassals as you see fit.
- If you had Feudal government before enacting the decision to Restore the Valyrian Empire, you will be switched to Imperial. In fact, it's recommended you become Feudal before enacting the decision if you are Republican for this very reason. The most obvious advantage you will notice is that you are now allowed to hold both Castle and City holdings without penalties, and you will not get any relations malus with vassals of any government type. Imperial government even comes with its custom localisation for councillors, titles, and characters!
- The Valyrian Empire comes with its own set of laws and its own balance. The laws you start with alreay trend heavily towards a more centralized, bureaucratic administration. This means you get to hold much more territory directly and get much more money from your vassals, but on the other hand your vassal limit is considerably lower and the amount of levies you can raise from them is pathethic. Viceroyalties are unlocked for all tiers from the start (if you have the CM expansion ofc), but your subjectis will resent you for holding so much power over them! You must adapt and learn to rely on demesne troops, mercenaries, and retinues... or try to revert to a more traditional feudal administration over time. Your choice!
- As I said, retinues are available if you have the Legacy of Rome expansion. To start building retinues you need to have your capital in the Free Cities (to avoid breaking the base mod's balance in Westeros), and you have to build "Recruitment Offices" in your castles and cities to increase your cap.
- The Valyrian Subjugation CB in 1.5 replaces the Imperial Reconquest CB from previous versions. It targets King-tier titles within the region defined as the Free Cities, allowing you to usurp all higher titles (Duke+) and subjugate everyone in the target's realm (there's a minor bug where you won't vassalize Sellhorys, Valysar, or Volon Therys for some reason though). To use the CB you need to be an independent High valyrian, with no Emperor-tier title with the sole exception that being the Valyrian Empire of course, and you must have high martial (25+) along with Ambitious and Brave/Diligent and no negative traits. Luckily, both Aegon Targaryen and Daemon Blackfyre fulfil all this conditions in the submod's custom bookmarks!
- There are some more minor "quality of life" decisions. You can change your capital to either Myr or Volantis, making the baronies there the capital of the county and netting you both the county and the duchy. You can also convert to R'hllor along with all your court, vassals, and close relatives.