[Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.9

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by MWRK » Fri Jul 01, 2016 18:43

Awesome, thanks!
MWRK

PostPosted by JumpingHornet » Fri Jul 01, 2016 22:07

Would it be possible to give all Valyrians (those spawned as courtiers randomly) the full blooded trait? Not necessarily 100% but something like what the Velaryons and Sunglass's have? It'd be much easier to keep houses pure, and would help the problem that arises when a valyrian merchant family goes extinct, and the one that pops up in it's place has no blood.

Not a huge problem of course, and it's mostly just something that would make things more manageable, but just a suggestion.
JumpingHornet

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Jul 02, 2016 09:53

JumpingHornet wrote:Would it be possible to give all Valyrians (those spawned as courtiers randomly) the full blooded trait? Not necessarily 100% but something like what the Velaryons and Sunglass's have? It'd be much easier to keep houses pure, and would help the problem that arises when a valyrian merchant family goes extinct, and the one that pops up in it's place has no blood.

Not a huge problem of course, and it's mostly just something that would make things more manageable, but just a suggestion.

It's possible, not some thing I want to do though. They're made to be mid level cause anything else really makes no sense. But ot\s rather easy to tweak in the files for yourself if you want to. The Birth event is setup to lower the drop between generation, making it slower, but involves some RNG where one can of course be unlucky 99% of the time. I found there are usually quite a few Lysene courtiers with High Purity

New Valyrian merchants don't get values? Because that's not how it should be. All Valyrians, should have a value of some sort. If that is not thew case, let me know and I think I know what the problem is. Because that could indicate part of the problem right there. If there is a problem while i fix that I'll look at an event to help out a bit
unsavory

PostPosted by MWRK » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:57

unsavory wrote:
MWRK wrote:Hey, I keep having an issue when I create a custom character where no blood purity appears at all. This is both when I select the highborn trait and have no purity trait (haven't tried the others). Any ideas?

This was my bad, I'm not sure how long it's been the way that it is now but I was working on a new way to do custom characters. I've updated it now, doesn't matter which you choose you'll get an event asking you which you want. At least that's what should happen.

Soulbourne wrote:Quick question: Is there any way to encourage the other high valyrian houses to not tank their blood purity? Throughout essos and even westeros most families have dropped to offshoot valyrian children before aegen even died. In fact one of the most pure is the gardener on the throne of stormlands due to the fact orys' children both got 100 purity and his only son died off leaving it to his oddly pure nephew.

I'd imagine an event to check traits and prefer betrothals from more pure lines for noble houses would be simplest way-insofar as I have no comprehension of the extent of such an event chain.

I don't know. The AI is stupid and would probably need quite a bit of hand holding to make work proper. I'll give it a look, and I'll see what can be done.

Also the systems a bit wonky. Children seem to get values they've got no business having, but manually running the Birth event on them often fixes values that are off. I can't seem to find where they get these values from, but it's one more thing I hope to fix in future.

I actually don't seem to be getting the event to choose blood purity at the beginning of a customer character. I do get an event saying like "You are High Valyrian" if I give myself the trait in creation, but then the trait disappears and my blood purity still doesn't appear.

Also, a lot of characters in my game also don't have a blood purity which appears. Am I doing something wrong in startup?
MWRK

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Jul 03, 2016 00:56

MWRK wrote:*snip*

Yeah, no. It's totally on me. I still don\t have access to the game, so can't really test update and I've done most of them tired, in the middle of the night here. Including this one. I've made some stupid misses. This won't be a proper update, but only a test version. It's only of the non dragon tamer version. I might have solved the ruler-designed characters event. And I think I have solved the problem of many npc's not getting their values.
NOw if the custom character event won't fire and you have access to the console, please try firing the event manually:

"Event blood_purity.7"

If any of you try it out please let me know what works and what doesn't.
I'd like to try to keep the mod functional, but not having access to the game makes it a bit difficult at the moment, that and limited time.

Anyway, here's the link to the test version:
Valyrian Blood Test
Last edited by unsavory on Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by MWRK » Sun Jul 03, 2016 22:19

unsavory wrote:
MWRK wrote:*snip*

Yeah, no. It's totally on me. I still don\t have access to the game, so can't really test update and I've done most of them tired, in the middle of the night here. Including this one. I've made some stupid misses. This won't be a proper update, but only a test version. It's only of the non dragon tamer version. I might have solved the ruler-designed characters event. And I think I have solved the problem of many npc's not getting their values.
NOw if the custom character event won't fire and you have access to the console, please try firing the event manually:

"Event blood_purity.7"

If any of you try it out please let me know what works and what doesn't.
I'd like to try to keep the mod functional, but not having access to the game makes it a bit difficult at the moment, that and limited time.

Anyway, here's the link to the test version:
Valyrian Blood Test

Thanks, I did some play testing and actually found that the event fires maybe once or twice a month. Also, a lot of characters blood purity seemed a bit thrown off, some petty Westerosi Lords were 75 and members of house Celtigar were 25 or 0. Are you calculating the blood purity fluidly throughout gameplay or just at generation? It might be best just to do it at generation and then have it average between parents when a child is born.
MWRK

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:01

MWRK wrote:Thanks, I did some play testing and actually found that the event fires maybe once or twice a month. Also, a lot of characters blood purity seemed a bit thrown off, some petty Westerosi Lords were 75 and members of house Celtigar were 25 or 0. Are you calculating the blood purity fluidly throughout gameplay or just at generation? It might be best just to do it at generation and then have it average between parents when a child is born.

Once or twice a month? It's supposed to be able to run once. I run a intializing event on start-up but like the ruler designer event it should only trigger once. I set global flags that should stop both events from firing again. It doesn't work apparently.
The way I do the Blood Purity is on the first startup It should calculate the blood purity of every character, living and dead based on culture. It then adjusts the purity of the living based on their parents. That's how it should work anyway. It should then be static, unless you're involved with dragon taming.

The event giving out the basic values works as follows:

• If the character is one of the exceptions, run them and all descendants through the birth event instead
  • If the character is Targaryen give 100 purity
  • If the character is a Noble High/Essosi Valyrian, give 75 purity
  • If the character is a Lowborn High/Essosi Valyrian, give 50 purity
  • If the character is other Noble Valyrian, give 50 purity
  • If the character is other Lowborn Valyrian, give 25 purity
  • If the character is a Noble Lysene or (currently) Tyroshi, give 75 purity
  • If the character is a Lowborn Lysene or (currently) Tyroshi, give 50 purity
  • All other, give 0 purity (So it says "0" and not " ")

During previous testing I've noticed characters getting purity values pulled out of their asses, some dead characters not getting their values while others do. All while all of them are supposed to be put through the same code. Re-triggering the individual events on the characters with fucked values seems to fix it 85% of the time.
I have no clue how some petty Westerosi get values that high if they're not Valyrian/Lysene.
unsavory

PostPosted by MWRK » Tue Jul 05, 2016 06:45

unsavory wrote:
MWRK wrote:Thanks, I did some play testing and actually found that the event fires maybe once or twice a month. Also, a lot of characters blood purity seemed a bit thrown off, some petty Westerosi Lords were 75 and members of house Celtigar were 25 or 0. Are you calculating the blood purity fluidly throughout gameplay or just at generation? It might be best just to do it at generation and then have it average between parents when a child is born.

Once or twice a month? It's supposed to be able to run once. I run a intializing event on start-up but like the ruler designer event it should only trigger once. I set global flags that should stop both events from firing again. It doesn't work apparently.
The way I do the Blood Purity is on the first startup It should calculate the blood purity of every character, living and dead based on culture. It then adjusts the purity of the living based on their parents. That's how it should work anyway. It should then be static, unless you're involved with dragon taming.

• If the character is one of the exceptions, run them and all descendants through the birth event instead

During previous testing I've noticed characters getting purity values pulled out of their asses, some dead characters not getting their values while others do. All while all of them are supposed to be put through the same code. Re-triggering the individual events on the characters with fucked values seems to fix it 85% of the time.
I have no clue how some petty Westerosi get values that high if they're not Valyrian/Lysene.

Hmmm, ok. I'll do some more play testing, but think what I think I saw was blood purity traits traits being given as time passed as opposed to on game start.
MWRK

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Jul 05, 2016 09:52

MWRK wrote:
unsavory wrote:

Hmmm, ok. I'll do some more play testing, but think what I think I saw was blood purity traits traits being given as time passed as opposed to on game start.

Traits aren't always updated correctly, I have a maintenance event updating the traits yearly. I (should) only touch the traits not the actual purity
unsavory

PostPosted by madmike22c » Wed Jul 13, 2016 05:54

What happened to the download links?
madmike22c

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:06

Links should be back shortly. Sorry for the downtime.
unsavory

PostPosted by Lucerys » Sat Jul 23, 2016 13:35

Is this 2.5.2.2?
Lucerys

PostPosted by Lucerys » Sat Jul 23, 2016 13:36

Nevermind.
Lucerys

PostPosted by Vaud » Tue Jul 26, 2016 18:01

Is there a way that I can store more then 3 eggs inside the cache? per modding if not legit?
Vaud

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Jul 27, 2016 13:11

Vaud wrote:Is there a way that I can store more then 3 eggs inside the cache? per modding if not legit?

I might be wrong but I think the upper limit in the cache is 5. Only eggs that your dragon gives you end up there.

If you'd like to change the limit take a look at dragon_egg_cache.txt in the events folder and you'll see how it's setup currently. In fact the egg cache only version shows which files need updating for more eggs.
unsavory

PostPosted by Vaud » Wed Jul 27, 2016 14:42

unsavory wrote: I might be wrong but I think the upper limit in the cache is 5. Only eggs that your dragon gives you end up there.

It's a bit confusing for me if your dragon gives you a egg in your "inventory" and not directly in the cache. I thought the maximum you can store is 3 because you start with 3. I always gave my sons a egg when I noticed I have on to spare, to prevent that it would be lost if I would get another one from my Dragon.

unsavory wrote:If you'd like to change the limit take a look at dragon_egg_cache.txt in the events folder and you'll see how it's setup currently. In fact the egg cache only version shows which files need updating for more eggs.

As you told me the maximum is 5 I'm already satisfied :)
Vaud

PostPosted by madmike22c » Wed Jul 27, 2016 18:56

When you take a dragon egg from a dynasty member in the Dragon Egg Cache only version It doesn't remove the egg from them. Seems to be missing the ROOT = { remove_trait = dragon_egg } in the BoVeggmanagement file.
madmike22c

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Jul 27, 2016 20:39

madmike22c wrote:When you take a dragon egg from a dynasty member in the Dragon Egg Cache only version It doesn't remove the egg from them. Seems to be missing the ROOT = { remove_trait = dragon_egg } in the BoVeggmanagement file.

Thanks, seems I forgot to add the updated file to the cache only version, should be fixed now
unsavory

PostPosted by Vaud » Fri Jul 29, 2016 06:53

Is there a way someone is losing the blood trait after many generations when the valyrian blood part is to little because of mixing?
Vaud

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jul 29, 2016 08:46

Vaud wrote:Is there a way someone is losing the blood trait after many generations when the valyrian blood part is to little because of mixing?

Yes, if anyone reaches under 25 in purity they will lose the traits completely.
unsavory

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods