[Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.9

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Vaud » Fri Jul 29, 2016 09:48

I really appreciate that you made this mod. thx for that! ;)

In matter of Immersion, I wonder why Aegon and his sisters have blood purity 100 when they have a Velaryon as mother and what about Orys as a bastard who obviously had a westerosi valyrian mother with purity 25?

Wouldn't it be better to allow targaryens/high valyrians to have wifes with purity 75 to still get a 100 if you limit it to males? Only if they have wifes between 25 and 75 would lead to a purity decrease.

edit1: Your submod seems like to have some issues with AGOT+ Portrait Submod from jagged0
http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic11623.html
User avatar
Vaud
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 08:40

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:22

Vaud wrote:I really appreciate that you made this mod. thx for that! ;)

In matter of Immersion, I wonder why Aegon and his sisters have blood purity 100 when they have a Velaryon as mother and what about Orys as a bastard who obviously had a westerosi valyrian mother with purity 25?

Wouldn't it be better to allow targaryens/high valyrians to have wifes with purity 75 to still get a 100 if you limit it to males? Only if they have wifes between 25 and 75 would lead to a purity decrease.

edit1: Your submod seems like to have some issues with AGOT+ Portrait Submod from jagged0
http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic11623.html


There's a chance to get a sizable boost to purity by taming a dragon, as well a small boosts over the years if you're a dragonrider. Those that start with dragons, like Aegon and sisters, get that boost right away. They'd still have a chance at 100 as the old code randomizes the value between their father and their mothers value if the difference between these values is at 25.

Orys is also rather random, he has no mother in the game, thus it randomizes his value based on his father's. low chance to get his fathers value. Then equal chance for 25 or 50 lower than their parent. I've made no exceptions to them, they follow the maintenance events and are subject to RNG.

So they can retain 100 with a 75 wife, it's just not guaranteed, could tweak the RNG to be in favor of the parent with the highest purity.

I would assume it's the same thing as with my own DLC portraits mod, different names for the graphical cultures. It's a minor thing affecting the events adjusting the graphical culture when you lose or gain purity. I can't think of anything else being affected by that kind of mod, barring phenomenally lazy coding. Should be one line or two.

Edit:
I see it adds new cultures to the valyrians as well. It should still work they should just be regarded as lesser valyrians, similar to Tolosi et. al. It's weird to see some of your own stuff in someone elses work, fantastic for compatibility though. Should just need one patch for both his and my portraits mod.

Edit 2:
Might not be 100% compatibility, but should work now anyway, download in OP. Just put the updated event in the events folder of the version you use.
If there's still incompatibility issues, that ain't on me.
Image
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Vaud » Mon Aug 01, 2016 03:30

unsavory wrote:[...] Might not be 100% compatibility, but should work now anyway [...]

Thank you alot! tested in a 2h run, no CTD. :D

edit1: ok that is a bit weird now. In my second run Orys (westerosi valyrian) had purity 50 from start and got 5 children with Argella (stormlander). 3 boys and 2 girls. All 3 boys had blood purity 100 and high_valyrian ethic. :shock:
User avatar
Vaud
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 08:40

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Aug 01, 2016 08:47

It's a known problem with children. I don't know why it happens but rerunning the birth event on them usually fixes it.
However I think I disabled the event that does it automatically because of other issues with it.
You could fire it manually on the kids see if it helps, it's blood_purity.499
Or you could re-enable the event (blood_purity.5) in blood_purity_events.txt and in val_blood_on_actions.txt. I don't remember what other issues it caused, but I believe it was mostly about custom characters so adding ai = no to the event might fix it. Or if you dont mind waiting a bit I can fix it when I get time.

And the ethnicity thing is just with high enough purity you start getting valyrian traits (i.e, the graphical culture changes). It changes for those over 60 in purity I think, shows up in the next generation as the check is only done on birth
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Vaud » Tue Aug 02, 2016 01:05

Since I edited the files you mentioned, the baratheon issues are gone. All childrens are Stormlander and have purity 50. But there is still something i noticed. Qoherys and Sunglass childrens still get the 50 purity with 75 purity parents. Quenton just married Desmera from House Celtigar.

edit1: My fault. Obviously I missed that Celtigar and Sunglass leaders married a courtier... and all children had purity 50 because of the mother, but they got the highborn_valyrian trait in the beginning >.>

I really can't wait to see this mod been finished! ;) It's nearly a masterpiece in the eyes of a valyrian fanatic player :geek:
User avatar
Vaud
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 08:40

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by madmike22c » Tue Aug 23, 2016 20:32

I'm not sure if it's the Dragon Egg Cache version only but whenever you load up your save your Cache gets reset. So if you had no eggs left, when you load your save you'll have 3 (or however many, 3 in my case). I assume that's not intended?
madmike22c
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 23:58

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30

madmike22c wrote:I'm not sure if it's the Dragon Egg Cache version only but whenever you load up your save your Cache gets reset. So if you had no eggs left, when you load your save you'll have 3 (or however many, 3 in my case). I assume that's not intended?

It's not, it also shouldn't happen if you don't move your capital without moving the cache or possibly emptied your cache completely. If that's the case I know what to do about it, and if so its all versions
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by LionoLim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:10

Hello all
I use this sub mod for my ck2 agot
i play with custom character and i give Highborn Valerian traits to this character
but when there is an event about the valerian coin flip the Highborn Valerian traits from my character is disappear changed to slave owner traits and it make my character blood purity is none and all my kids gain the offshoot valerian traits
anyone here know why is that?
and how do i give the Highborn traits to my characters again?
please help me
LionoLim
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:03

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Sep 13, 2016 14:40

LionoLim wrote:Hello all
I use this sub mod for my ck2 agot
i play with custom character and i give Highborn Valerian traits to this character
but when there is an event about the valerian coin flip the Highborn Valerian traits from my character is disappear changed to slave owner traits and it make my character blood purity is none and all my kids gain the offshoot valerian traits
anyone here know why is that?
and how do i give the Highborn traits to my characters again?
please help me


That sounds really odd...
Which Version do you use?
Does your Custom Character have parents?
I take it you do not own slaves?
Did it all happen on the coinflip? Or could it have been before or after that?

The coinflip shouldn't be able to do anything unless you've altered the submod in some way.
Your characters purity went away but the children still have theirs (but lower I presume)?
I assume your Blood Purity became 0 and didn't go away?

My cheat mod have an option to give you back the purity, you should get a trait with that if you just want it back right away.
You'll find that here: topic11271.html
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by dingle5475 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:31

Hi I'm planning on installing this Sub Mod this weekend for a playthrough on my custom dynasty. They are High Valyrian, and Valyrian religion, based in Elyria and I run the colonise Valyria Sub too. Are the two compatable as far as you know?

Also my Dynasty head has no parents so what would the Blood Purity % start out at? I start with a custom made dragon too, so i have dragon rider trait...start date is Roberts rebellion if that matters.

Thanks
dingle5475
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 15:48

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Sep 23, 2016 14:52

dingle5475 wrote:Hi I'm planning on installing this Sub Mod this weekend for a playthrough on my custom dynasty. They are High Valyrian, and Valyrian religion, based in Elyria and I run the colonise Valyria Sub too. Are the two compatable as far as you know?

Also my Dynasty head has no parents so what would the Blood Purity % start out at? I start with a custom made dragon too, so i have dragon rider trait...start date is Roberts rebellion if that matters.

Thanks


Besides the bugs I haven't gotten under control it should work fine. I played with Colonise Valyria when I made it, I tried to make sure there are no problems between the mods.
As far as I know they should work together.

If you're not using Dragon Tamer I suggest using the test version a one or two pages back as it's goal was to work better for custom characters, with or without parents.
I believe I added the event to select your starting purity as a custom character, allowing the standard system to decide for you, 25, 50 or 75. And as a dragon rider you should get a boost to it either way.

Start date only matters when it comes to the egg cache. Before the death of the "last" Targaryen dragon all dragon riders start with 3 eggs after that you don't.

I hope that answers your questions.
If I sound uncertain it's just that I don't actually play CK2 at the moment and haven't had the option to try any of the changes I've made for some time now.
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by lucasmarquespa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 16:12

I have a suggestion, don't know if it is possible but... Would you be willing to make a change in how the purity works? Cause I think when a Targaryen have a child born of incest, the purity should go up at least 25%. I'm saying this because the Targaryens have always had children with non-valyrians, like Arryns, Hightower and others and that didn't represent much of a chance. Example Rhaenyra and her children: Rhaenyra's mother was an Arryn, and her first three children were bastards of a non-valyrian, and all of them had no problems with taming dragons as far as we know, and there's also Daenerys and her parents, they all seem to be pure valyrians, Daenerys especially, and her ancestors had no dragons in over 100 years to make their purity go up
lucasmarquespa
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 02:52

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Oct 27, 2016 02:53

lucasmarquespa wrote:*Snip*


I've tried to make balancing for this, giving them a boost. At the same time I don't want it to be too overpowered, making it too easy.

Your suggestion might work better though. I'll look into to it next time I work on this. However I can't seem too get the new system under control, it seems some simply won't get their proper values (if they get them at all). I'm considering scrapping this and starting over. However progress is right now. Will probably not be any update though (other than a quick fix or two, maybe).
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by LionoLim » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:34

is this compatible with agot v1.3?
LionoLim
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:03

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by AWildWightAppeared! » Sat Oct 29, 2016 22:24

LionoLim wrote:is this compatible with agot v1.3?


For me, yes.
User avatar
AWildWightAppeared!
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 08:08

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Way2co0l » Mon Dec 05, 2016 02:06

So I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I seem to be having issues with the cache, and I'm assuming it's a mod conflict as comments in this thread state this mod is working with 1.3.

I downloaded the version that was compatible with Sinstar's dragon tamer laws, but I installed his compilation pack rather than just the base mod. I'm assuming the dependency needed to be updated, and I think I did that though I'm uncertain if the dependency needs to be the mod name or it's path. I'm also uncertain if I only need to put the compilation mod as a dependency or if I need to add the base game of thrones as a dependency as well.

Either way, the problem I'm experiencing is I can't seem to add eggs to the stash. The stash is there and I have the option to take eggs out of it, but I don't have any option to put them in. From reading earlier comments, it sounds like new eggs should be put into the stash on their own, so I tried firing off the events that give new eggs. Dragon.10 and Dragon.1099 as far as I'm aware. Both of them give me an egg, or give my dragon himself an egg, but if my dragon and I both already have an egg, then the events have no effect and my stash remains unchanged.

As far as I can tell, the main mod is working with the bloodlines and the ability to remove the 3 starting eggs from the stash, but I can't for the life of me find a way to add new eggs to the stash. Am I just being dumb and the answer is something obvious? Or is that functionality of the mod not working properly?
Way2co0l
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 01:26

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Dec 08, 2016 21:25

Way2co0l wrote:So I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I seem to be having issues with the cache, and I'm assuming it's a mod conflict as comments in this thread state this mod is working with 1.3.


While it might be working I doubt it's without it's issues, mostly because there's always been issues.

Way2co0l wrote:I downloaded the version that was compatible with Sinstar's dragon tamer laws, but I installed his compilation pack rather than just the base mod. I'm assuming the dependency needed to be updated, and I think I did that though I'm uncertain if the dependency needs to be the mod name or it's path. I'm also uncertain if I only need to put the compilation mod as a dependency or if I need to add the base game of thrones as a dependency as well.


Alright, that version hasn't been updated in a while might be some incompatibilities.
Also, dependency does not need the path. And only the compilation should do (I'm assuming it has, "A Game of Thrones" as a dependency).

Way2co0l wrote:Either way, the problem I'm experiencing is I can't seem to add eggs to the stash. The stash is there and I have the option to take eggs out of it, but I don't have any option to put them in. From reading earlier comments, it sounds like new eggs should be put into the stash on their own, so I tried firing off the events that give new eggs. Dragon.10 and Dragon.1099 as far as I'm aware. Both of them give me an egg, or give my dragon himself an egg, but if my dragon and I both already have an egg, then the events have no effect and my stash remains unchanged.

As far as I can tell, the main mod is working with the bloodlines and the ability to remove the 3 starting eggs from the stash, but I can't for the life of me find a way to add new eggs to the stash. Am I just being dumb and the answer is something obvious? Or is that functionality of the mod not working properly?


That sounds like an incompatibility of some sort. Something else overriding my changes dragon_events.txt.
The files for the cache and the decisions to take eggs out of it is separate from the main mod, and should work with mostly anything. However putting them there required (to my knowledge anyway) that I edit one of the files from the main mod.
This might be a case of dependencies not setup proper, or maybe a third mod also altering that file.
This seems the most likely to me anyway. But I can't tell for sure.

I hope that helps, and sorry for the late response, I've forgotten to check in for a few days now...
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Way2co0l » Fri Dec 09, 2016 02:36

Understandable and thank you for the reply. :) I'll go through all my submods and see if I can find any others that edit that text file. I presume that once I find it, I can simply add it into the dependency list for your mod to ensure it's loaded last. From looking at the ck2 wiki it appears I can have more than 1 dependency set for a mod, so once I track that down it should help me resolve this particular issue at least. :)

EDIT: It looks like the only submod I use that makes alterations to that is congenital overhaul. It also looks like dragon_events and dragon_decisions from your mod both overwrite the core GOT mod. I went ahead and added congenital overhaul to your mods dependencies list and sure enough, the event for adding to the egg stash worked. Currently 4 in there now.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply and it cleared it up for me pretty well. I realize I'm going to have to go take a close look at my submods and make sure I have them loading properly with the proper dependencies in place. Who knows what other mods are being borked in the same way. So again, thank you. :)
Way2co0l
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 01:26

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Dec 09, 2016 16:27

Way2co0l wrote:*SNIP*


I found I had some time to waste so I updated the dragon_events.txt to work with congenital overhaul fully, and as a plus better with the main mod and the newest DLC (at least in theory). Just replace yours with this and when mine overwrites it stuff should still work as intended in the other mods :o (again, in theory :D)

Here, just replace the current file with this.

Next I have some time I'll properly update both standard versions to work completely with 1.3, so you can use all the features.

tl;dr - A quick, slightly DIY patch for the mod to work proper with Congenital Overhaul
Last edited by unsavory on Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by Way2co0l » Sat Dec 10, 2016 00:44

unsavory wrote:
Way2co0l wrote:*SNIP*


I found I had some time to waste so I updated the dragon_events.txt to work with congenital overhaul fully, and as a plus better with the main mod and the newest DLC (at least in theory). Just replace yours with this and when mine overwrites it stuff should still work as intended in the other mods :o (again, in theory :D)

Here, just replace the current file with this.

Next I have some time I'll properly update both standard versions to work completely with 1.3, so you can use all the features.

tl;dr - A quick, slightly DIY patch for the mod to work proper with Congenital Overhaul

You really are awesome. :D I know modding can be tedious. And while there are obviously many that are appreciative of the work that was put into the main mod and all it's countless submod variations, I can imagine it can still be tedious from time to time. Whether big or small, mods like these make the game more enjoyable for myself and others. :) So I really do thank you for taking the time and sharing it. <3
Way2co0l
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 01:26

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquila, Google [Bot] and 0 guests