Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Dec 11, 2016 01:18

Way2co0l wrote:<insert stuff>

Thanks! It's always nice to be appreciated :D
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 08:52

Unsavory is there a way you can tie this similarly to the Seed is Strong by making Valyrian features dominate in portraits for the strongest blood type?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Dec 19, 2016 18:20

melancholyroar wrote:Unsavory is there a way you can tie this similarly to the Seed is Strong by making Valyrian features dominate in portraits for the strongest blood type?

You mean like, the purer the blood the more Valyrian traits they get?
If that's It, then it does that already, to an extent. Or, it should any way. Changing the portraits with purity.
It only works in 3 stages:
  • Nothin'
  • Westrosi/Essossi Valyrian
  • HIgh Valyrian

But I think I made it so it doesn't change it mid game, no explanation or anything. It felt too gamey/"magic-y"
It should change the appearance of your children though.
I think.
It's been a while since I looked at this part of the code, and I remember issues with it that I can't remember if I fixed or not.
It's something to give a look anyway.

If you want something more gradual, I don't think that'd happen as it'd require portrait modding which is quite tedious, and the DLC portraits are enough.

I'm not 100% sure I got what you meant but I hope that answers something you wanted to know :P
unsavory

PostPosted by Eagle10 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 16:29

In my game it is bugged, Daenerys doesn't have the Highborn Valyrian and neither does Viserys, only some Targaryens do. In counter part all the Martells have 100% Blood Purity, is there anything wrong in this?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Eagle10

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Feb 13, 2017 20:16

Eagle10 wrote:In my game it is bugged, Daenerys doesn't have the Highborn Valyrian and neither does Viserys, only some Targaryens do. In counter part all the Martells have 100% Blood Purity, is there anything wrong in this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm into week 4 with no Internet (really putting my phones data plan to the test :) )

Well something's most definitely off. I don't know what exactly though.
This might be working kind of like intended (with some obvious, but know issues) or or it could be FUBAR, partly depending on which scenario you started in.

You compare purity with the trait, that tells me absolutely nothing as the getting the wrong trait happen relatively often, but is updated yearly.
Purity level to purity level, and traits to traits, please.

What version of the mod are you using?
If not using the dragon tamer version, are you using the updated files that aren't in the OP?

I might be able to deduce something with some more info. I'll try to check in later in the week, if I have data on the phone, or the muppets at my ISP fix their cables.
unsavory

PostPosted by Eagle10 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 01:45

Yea I was talking about purity. It is random who gets 100% blood purity. I'm using the latest version of your mod.
Eagle10

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Feb 15, 2017 01:44

Unless some check or trigger broke in an update that shouldn't be able to happen.
I'd download the game and test, but that's hard with no internet.
Try running, either the event "blood_purity.1" or "blood_purity.499" manually on a character that have the incorrect value, and see what happens.

blood_purity.1 Is the initializing event, and will give purity based culture or being Targ.

blood_purity.499 Is the event that runs on birth. And will recalculate the characters purity based on their parents.

I you could do that and see if it makes things worse, better or maybe nothing, it might help sort out the problem.

Also, anyone else experiencing similar issues, please chime in.
unsavory

PostPosted by Eagle10 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 15:57

The blood_purity.1 fixes it, but i would have to run it in every character in the game. Is there any way to fix this?
Eagle10

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Feb 16, 2017 13:13

Eagle10 wrote:The blood_purity.1 fixes it, but i would have to run it in every character in the game. Is there any way to fix this?

499 give the same results as previously? And did you you try on multiple characters?
And the ones you tried 499 on, did they have a character_flag saying "boop" but not "boop4" even if they have two parents?

This is just to help narrow it down.

Either way, it would seem something in the on_birth event is not functioning, at all really.
It's never worked flawlessly but it worked.

You can also try to save this decision and use it on the one who hold the citadel title:
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
targetted_decisions = {
    reset_blood = {
        from_potential = {
         ai = no
            is_adult = yes
        }
      potential = {
         has_landed_title = c_the_citadel
            has_global_flag = purity_start
      }
        allow = {
            always = yes
        }
        effect = {
         clr_global_flag = purity_start
         character_event = { id = blood_purity.0}
      }
      revoke_allowed = {
         always = no
      }
      ai_will_do = {
         factor = 0
      }
    }
}

It's one of my debug decisions and should redo the initialization and will do it's thing to everyone. See if that help.
I am afraid there's not too much more I can do right now so I hope that helps.
unsavory

PostPosted by Eagle10 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 15:57

The 499 event works but it is strange. Like in daeanerys it gives 50% blood purity, but the event 1 gives the 100%. Where do i put that code you sent me?
Eagle10

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.9

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16

Eagle10 wrote:The 499 event works but it is strange. Like in daeanerys it gives 50% blood purity, but the event 1 gives the 100%. Where do i put that code you sent me?

Save it in a text file, give the file a unique name. Put that file in the decisions folder. You'll get a tergetted decision to use on the holder of the Citadel. It'll rerun the initialization
Although 50 might not be entirely correct, it's bound to be lower than 100%. I've tweaked the code to keep the value up, but the purity is going down.

Now I've made a quick update, with great help from SinStar87. I probably missed a tweak I needed. But all things considered it's should be fine.
It changes the initialization to actually work as intended :P.
It should be accessible through the regular download link in the OP, but maybe give it an hour or so. Things aren't moving especially fast on my end.
It's not quite 0.6 as it would need some more tweaks to work better with 1.3 version of the main mod and for the latest patch(es?).

We'll see if/when I come back for proper updates. I'll still try to patch out game breaking problems, but this is otherwise at a standstill, for now.
Also, working mainly off of a phone is not helping with the motivation right now.
Anyway. a bit rambly, but I think that's it.

Edit:
Nope, ignore the version numbering for the main version in the op, and the lack of changelog. Editing the OP on the phone is a pain.
Also when my links go down, cause they will and I don't know exactly when, PM me and I'll sort it out then.
unsavory

PostPosted by Eagle10 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 18:23

Thanks, I will try it. And sorry for the trouble, but I really like this mod and wanted it to work good. Again sorry for the trouble and thanks for updating it.
Eagle10

PostPosted by ilona » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40

Hi, The downloads don't seem to be available :cry:
ilona

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Sat Mar 18, 2017 07:52

ilona wrote:Hi, The downloads don't seem to be available :cry:

Seconding this. Want egg cache :(
loopy_kid

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:03

ilona wrote:Hi, The downloads don't seem to be available :cry:

loopy_kid wrote:Seconding this. Want egg cache :(

The links to this mod should now be updated. Let me know if one's not working

Also:
[quote"Unsavory"]Also when my links go down, cause they will and I don't know exactly when, PM me and I'll sort it out then.[/quote]

PMs work faster as I'm not super active here at the moment, but I get notified of PMs
unsavory

PostPosted by DutchGuy » Sun May 28, 2017 20:34

Hi, a few things

Could it be possible for dragon eggs receiving age stats ? It would be cool if you could store an egg of Balerion the Black Dread as Aegon the conqueror, then, 250 years later, Daemon III Targaryen, his descendant (Just a random name), can retrieve the egg from the cache and attempt to hatch it, the Cache interface showing the father and optionally the mother of the egg and how long it has been stored in the cache.

Also, where in the mod files is the cache size located ? For a private game I would like to bump the cache size.
DutchGuy

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Mon May 29, 2017 07:09

it's working with 1.4.1 ?
Thanx !
BlackfyreRulz

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57

DutchGuy wrote:Hi, a few things

Could it be possible for dragon eggs receiving age stats ? It would be cool if you could store an egg of Balerion the Black Dread as Aegon the conqueror, then, 250 years later, Daemon III Targaryen, his descendant (Just a random name), can retrieve the egg from the cache and attempt to hatch it, the Cache interface showing the father and optionally the mother of the egg and how long it has been stored in the cache.

No, sadly it's not, not with this system. At least not without a relatively hefty rewrite, which I'm not up to at the moment. It would be nice though.

DutchGuy wrote:Also, where in the mod files is the cache size located ? For a private game I would like to bump the cache size.

*modfolder*/events/dragon_egg_cache.txt and *modfolder*/events/show_eggs_event.txt and possibly (its been awhile can't remember) *modfolder*/common/scripted_effects/dragon_egg_effects.txt.

Take a look at the system in place there and do some copy-pasting to extend it beyond five.

BlackfyreRulz wrote:it's working with 1.4.1 ?
Thanx !

The full mod?
I doubt it.
The Egg Cache only version might work fine. Depends on how much the dragon events file differs.

Also, I have no plans on updating this for the time being. Nothing seems to work as intended, so for an update I'd redo it all from scratch. Which I won't while not playing the game. You're free to do so yourselves though, so long as credit is given where it's due.
unsavory

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods