[Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.9

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

[Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.5.9

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Mar 27, 2016 15:54

VALYRIAN BLOOD
A Rework of Blood of Valyria

This mod builds off the Blood of Valyria-submod by Sarcastik.
Updating and reworking it to work with newer versions of AGOT and CK2

What does it do?
On start up, every character, past and present, will be judged, determining how strong the Valyrian blood is in their system, and a Trait to reflect your status. This is inherited by your children.

Rather than culture, Blood Purity will be used to determine hatching and taming of Dragons (reducing cultures effect marginally or in certain places removing it all together). In the same vein, any sufficiently pure characters will
get the get the Blood of Valyria modifier.

Landed Dragonlords can get up to 6 Dragon Eggs (1 on them and 5 hidden in a cache at their capital). The Cache is inherited by the next holder, and if starting in a scenario before the end of the Age of Dragons, these Dragonlords will start with three eggs in their cache.

The as the Head of a Dragonlord Dynasty you may take any other Dynasty members eggs.

Like before there are certain tiers:
1 Pure Pre-Conquest Dragonlords: Currently only Targaryens qualify. 100%
2 High Born Valyrians: Families with strong ties to Valyria, Velaryon and Certain Merchant Families (High Born Valyrian of Volantis and Lysene for instance.) 75%
3 Common Valyrian: Like Lysene and Tyroshi Colonists. 50%
4 Blood Drops: Mere drops of the Valyrian descent remain. Like some common folk of Volantis 25%
5 Those without any Valyrian blood in them. 0%

The strength of your blood might get diluted over time, but can increase by taming Dragons, and gets gradually stronger by being a Dragon Rider. It might also get weaker if you fail at taming a Dragon.

Download:
Valyrian Blood V0.5.7

Version compatible with SinStar87's Dragon Tamer Laws
Valyrian Blood V0.5.7 - Dragon Tamer Version

Version with only the egg cache
Egg Cache Only

Alternate Icons [By gosohard]:

Alternate Icons

Patch for this and this:
Portraits Patch

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
V0.3 - A.K.A Beta 1
  • Reworked all the systems to remove dependency on History Files
  • Reworked the Blood Flags into a more Dynamic system using Variables
  • Lowered amount of Dragon Eggs you can store.
  • Dragon Eggs from the Cache Retains Parentage
  • Removed the "personal stash" entirely
  • Reworked code for recent CK2 patches
  • + Some more minor changes

V0.3.5
  • Assorted bugfixes.
  • Fixed unions with large gaps in purity (75 or up).
V0.4.1
  • Fixes Lysene pirates getting high blood purity
  • Fixed Distribution System, all living characters in a scenario now inherit blood purity, properly.
  • Fixed Lowborn (Dead) Mothers not getting any stats
  • Added "Exception List": system to ignore part of the system for certain characters, to make sure Robert Baratheon and siblings inherit Targaryen blood from their grandmother.
  • Fixed Issue with generational gaps in divine blood marriages.
  • Added events to make secret bastards inherit Blood Purity from their real father
  • Added System to address characters with one or two missing parents

V0.4.2
  • Bugfix for random 100%-ers (Hopefully)
  • Added Events for Custom Characters

V0.4.2.1
  • Hotfix for maintenance event running on every load

V0.4.3
  • Dragon Riders given boost to purity at start (mostly untested)
  • Added morte exceptions and tweaked events for exceptions

V0.4.3.1
  • Hotfix to stop Egg Cloning

V0.5
  • Added Decision to adopt High Valyrian Culture if considered High Born
  • Added Decision to adopt Valyrian Religion if considered High Born
  • Added Decision to adopt a custom Dynasty with the Divine Blood modifier

V0.5.1
  • Hotfix for maintenance event running on every load (Hopefully for real this time)

V0.5.2
  • Hotfix for culture issue with the "Become High Valyrian" decisions

V0.5.5
  • Update for 1.2

V0.5.6
  • Hotfix for wrong setup in On_Action and actually fixed the custom Divine Blood House selection

V0.5.7
  • Hotfix for Ruler designed characters

Changelog for Original Mod Found Here:
BoV Changelog

Credits:
Alvis14 for his work on the blood trait icons
gosohard for their work on the alternate blood trait icons
Sarcastik for the submod
SinStar87, for all the help, bouncing ideas and the code that made the rework possible
The AGOT-team for the mod
Me for rework and release

Old Versions and Original Post:
Spoiler: show
So I love the Blood of Valyria submod, to me it makes just makes more sense.
So I checked in with Sarcastik and well:

Sarcastik wrote:Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, but I've been quite busy those past months and I don't really have time to update the mod. Sadly I think I won't have time to do so before the summer I believe.

*snip*

Sarcastik wrote:What does it do?
- Every character gets a Valyrian blood trait and a blood flag (invisible) that relates to his/her Valyrian ancestry, those are then inherited by their children
- Blood matters more than culture (reduced to 10% of AGOT value) with the dragon taming and egg hatching, such as not being of Valyrian culture is not such a big deal if you can prove a Dragonlord ancestry
- Pure born Valyrian, regardless of culture, get the Blood of Valyria modifier
- In other words it is easier to run a dragon farming operation even if you're not a Targ

Here is the actual logic for the flags and trait
Top-tier: Conquest Targaryen, descedant of dragon lords [High born Valyrian]
Second-tier: High Valyrian lesser nobilities, merchant families (ie Velaryon, Volantene and Lysene rich families) [High born Valyrian]
Third-tier: Common Valyrian (ie Lysene or Tyroshi colonist) or high born métis [Common/Métis Valyrian]
Fourth-tier: Low born metis and mongrel [Valyrian blood drops]
Fifth-tier: No relation to Valyrian blood whatsoever [no blood trait]

So sadly it is not currently under development, and wont be for a while. In the mean time I have made a very basic update, for my personal use, simply getting it to work.

:!: This is NOT an official update, merely a update to get by while Sarcastik is away and busy, released with his permission.:!:

Downloads:
Regular Version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12429358/Valyrian%20Blood.zip

Version Compatible with SinStar87's Dragon Tamer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12429358/Valyrian%20Blood%20-%20Dragon%20Tamer.zip
Last edited by unsavory on Sun Mar 19, 2017 14:59, edited 25 times in total.
unsavory

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39

Made a small update to fix a bug with random people becoming ethnically Western Valyrian
unsavory

PostPosted by Etel » Wed Mar 30, 2016 16:24

Mind reminding us what the original mod did? :)

Is it the one that maintains the valyrian features (silver hair etc.)?
Etel
Mod Team

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Mar 30, 2016 18:46

Etel wrote:Mind reminding us what the original mod did? :)

Is it the one that maintains the valyrian features (silver hair etc.)?

I knew there was something more I should've added to the text. :oops: I updated the first entry with the desciption from the original mod. :D
unsavory

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Thu Mar 31, 2016 06:26

Are targaryens the only dragonlords? Also, does having the occasional martel marry into the line of targaryen dilute their blood permanently?

And does this mean that velaryons and other high valyrion families of the dragonstones are lesser blood than the ruling class from old valryia?
Soulbourne

PostPosted by karmaepsilon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 06:53

Soulbourne wrote:Are targaryens the only dragonlords? Also, does having the occasional martel marry into the line of targaryen dilute their blood permanently?

And does this mean that velaryons and other high valyrion families of the dragonstones are lesser blood than the ruling class from old valryia?

Yeah the Valaryons were I think High Valyrian Stewards under the Targaryens (kind of like how the old old blood in Westeros view Tyrells and Tullys as upstarts bc they weren't royal-noble before Aegon gave them their Paramoncy) and were brought with them as part of their court and given land. No other Dragonlords except Aegon I's father survived
karmaepsilon

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:32

Soulbourne wrote:Are targaryens the only dragonlords? Also, does having the occasional martel marry into the line of targaryen dilute their blood permanently?

So I don't remember too much from updating the history files, but no Targaryens are not the only Valyrian High Born. Not everyone's blood is as pure, but some Essosi Valyrian (the ruling class, as well as some randomly generated characters), and many Velaryons are full bloods.

Marrying people of non-valyrian blood will dilute the blood, and at some point lessen the tier (trait).
However it's not necessarily permanent. There's a chance to raise the strength of the blood by hatching and taming dragons.

Hope that answers your questions.

Edit:
Also updated Dragon Tamer Version to be compatible with newest version
unsavory

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:15

Updated Dragon Tamer version
unsavory

PostPosted by lemtastic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 02:57

I have a question (and maybe slight concern) about this mod. mostly, about the Hidden Egg Stash for dragons. First, is it that at the start of the game the stash already contains 3 eggs? Second, It always hatches dragons with random parentage. I'm quite nitpicky about which dragons are born to which dynasty, and by that I mean I only want Targaryen-born dragons, and whenever an egg is laid by any of the three Targ dragons starting from Aegon's Conquest, they usually fire an event stating to which parentage the dragon egg was born(laid) into, thus keeping at least that actual line of dragons to the Targaryen dragon dynasty, but so far that isn't fired when using the mod, thus creating more dragon dynasties. And when an egg is actually laid by any of the three (Balerion, Vhagar, Meraxes), at least from any of my sisters, when I took the egg and hatched the dragon from that egg, the parentage became random. Can the mod be edited in a way which would correct or fire the event so that the dragons born are from within their respective parentage and not random? At least when they do or are laid by already living dragons? I don't really fancy the 'always random dragon dynasty' thing everytime I hatch newer dragons from eggs taken from the stash.

But I love the idea of the mod. Thanks.
lemtastic

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Apr 06, 2016 16:19

lemtastic wrote:I have a question (and maybe slight concern) about this mod. mostly, about the Hidden Egg Stash for dragons. First, is it that at the start of the game the stash already contains 3 eggs? Second, It always hatches dragons with random parentage. I'm quite nitpicky about which dragons are born to which dynasty, and by that I mean I only want Targaryen-born dragons, and whenever an egg is laid by any of the three Targ dragons starting from Aegon's Conquest, they usually fire an event stating to which parentage the dragon egg was born(laid) into, thus keeping at least that actual line of dragons to the Targaryen dragon dynasty, but so far that isn't fired when using the mod, thus creating more dragon dynasties. And when an egg is actually laid by any of the three (Balerion, Vhagar, Meraxes), at least from any of my sisters, when I took the egg and hatched the dragon from that egg, the parentage became random. Can the mod be edited in a way which would correct or fire the event so that the dragons born are from within their respective parentage and not random? At least when they do or are laid by already living dragons? I don't really fancy the 'always random dragon dynasty' thing everytime I hatch newer dragons from eggs taken from the stash.

But I love the idea of the mod. Thanks.

So first question, is yes and no. I believe all Targaryen rulers start with three eggs.

Second, yeah current system for the egg stash does not remember the parent of the egg, sadly.

It supposed remember the parent of the egg for everything not involving the stash (or other mods adding dragon egg related interactions). Might have uploaded the wrong file for the standard version. I'll look into it.

But about the stash, keep in mind this is not my code. I only made it compatible with 1.1 and Dragon Tamer Laws.

I'm going to go over the mod and might make a completely new version. If I end up doing that the stash is one of my main goals.

SinStar already helped me with the traits so, either way for the next version (completely redone or not) the history files should no longer be used and then no one would start with a stash.

I hope that answered your questions
unsavory

PostPosted by Sarcastik » Fri Apr 08, 2016 13:36

Hey,

Some precision about the stash in the original version (BoV).

it was attended to allow player getting eggs even though there was no relative to give them (in the case fertility in the Targ family was slower than its dragon). The initial stash was made to counter-act the opposite possibility (high Targ fertility, but slow dragons'), plus it was likely that family had a stash of eggs seeing how they just handed them over.

The problem of that solution is that obviously dragon lineage could not be set (and so a new dragon dynasty was started). I tried to work around (setting the older dragon in the Targ's dragon dynasty as the parent) but that failed.

I'm happy to see my work found life in other's project, I might myself resume modding in July and I'm exited to see what would have added or modified until then.

Good work, unsavory!

Sarc.
Sarcastik

PostPosted by lemtastic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 13:53

Sarcastik wrote:Hey,

Some precision about the stash in the original version (BoV).

it was attended to allow player getting eggs even though there was no relative to give them (in the case fertility in the Targ family was slower than its dragon). The initial stash was made to counter-act the opposite possibility (high Targ fertility, but slow dragons'), plus it was likely that family had a stash of eggs seeing how they just handed them over.

The problem of that solution is that obviously dragon lineage could not be set (and so a new dragon dynasty was started). I tried to work around (setting the older dragon in the Targ's dragon dynasty as the parent) but that failed.

I'm happy to see my work found life in other's project, I might myself resume modding in July and I'm exited to see what would have added or modified until then.

Good work, unsavory!

Sarc.

Hey. Thanks for this btw. True, the Targs had lots of it, the eggs, but canon dictates it may have already come from the 5 dragons (or at least just Balerion) they already had for the past century after they settled at Dragonstone. Plus, they had innumerable amounts of eggs for at least a century since a lot of the dragons (mostly Balerion and Vhagar and their brood since Meraxes died and wasn't really declared to have laid eggs or something if I remember from the books) lay clutches. And a clutch, that's around 15 at least. Anyway, part of my concern (and thanks for answering btw :D I love the idea of the mod and its possibilities of 'birthing' more dragons ASAP) is that I hate seeing more dynasties of dragons and I have a 'thing' for 'dragon farming' in-game since it's fun for me. Plus I hate the names these new 'dynasty' of dragon or dragons create. It also makes it 'feel better' that at least in-game the dragons and their line also are traceable. :D Hoping though something for this specific request is done. It makes storytelling and chronicling feel better, anyway at least IMO.
lemtastic

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Apr 08, 2016 15:18

Sarcastik wrote:*snip*

lemtastic wrote:*snip*

Thanks Sarc!
I plan to work on a proper update after I release my next version of DLC Portraits.
With the help of SinStar I got a way to help stave off random dynasties for the dragons for that version, we'll see how long it takes to get it done.
unsavory

PostPosted by lemtastic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 15:20

unsavory wrote:
Sarcastik wrote:*snip*

lemtastic wrote:*snip*

Thanks Sarc!
I plan to work on a proper update after I release my next version of DLC Portraits.
With the help of SinStar I got a way to help stave off random dynasties for the dragons for that version, we'll see how long it takes to get it done.

OH MY GOSH! THANKS! :D THIS GOT ME SO MUCH MORE EXCITED! ^_^ can't wait! :D
lemtastic

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.3

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Apr 11, 2016 15:48

Updated, there are some problem with children of unions with large gaps I blood purity. It works just might increase or lower the blood purity more than intended. Enjoy :D
unsavory

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.3

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Apr 11, 2016 23:46

Anyone who's downloaded the update, hold off a bit on using it. Noticed a lot of missing brackets in the code. Copy pasted something and missed one bracket. I'll throw some more things in tomorrow, (Like missing localization) instead of uploading the fix right now.
unsavory

Re: [Sub-Mod] Valyrian Blood V0.3.5

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Apr 12, 2016 18:04

Fixed the major issues, added some localization and fixed the issue with large gaps in Blood Purity.
There's now a (working) decision to move your cache to your new capital, unless the old capital is no longer in your realm.

Edit:
Fixed download link pointing to wrong file and added Dragon Tamer compatible version.
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 23:01

Where do the automiaclly generated baron Westerosi Valyrians fall?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Apr 12, 2016 23:48

melancholyroar wrote:Where do the automiaclly generated baron Westerosi Valyrians fall?

4th tier, Blood Drops
unsavory

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 07:41

Interesting mod! I noticed in the latest bookmark the Baratheon's and their bastards don't seem to have any dragon blood; shouldn't they have a few drops themselves as Roberts ancestor grandmother (and vague claim to the Iron Throne) was a Targ? Not sure if any other of the noble families have any Targ ancestors, I know other noble families married IN to the Royal family (such as the Arynns) don't think it worked the other way very often except in the Baratheon case.

Forgive me for sounding stupid but what is the difference in the two download options?

Valyrian Blood V0.3.5

Valyrian Blood V0.3.5 - Dragon Tamer Version
Trotskisaurus

Next

Return to Sub-Mods