[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 0.9.1

PostPosted by commiemism » Sat Aug 27, 2016 17:33

Yeah, I fucked up lol. I was thinking more of the Finnish portraits. My Finnish character kinda makes me think of the ironborn.
commiemism

PostPosted by TheManThatReads\KIP/ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 17:13

:| New here, umm i was thinking about how to add Iberian haircuts to the Ugric file to replace the bowl haircut with the more slicked back look but now i have no idea how i made that happen and am trying to figure out how i can redo it again with the least amount of effort, the peasantry is too much for me.
TheManThatReads\KIP/

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Sep 17, 2016 02:00

TheManThatReads\KIP/ wrote::| New here, umm i was thinking about how to add Iberian haircuts to the Ugric file to replace the bowl haircut with the more slicked back look but now i have no idea how i made that happen and am trying to figure out how i can redo it again with the least amount of effort, the peasantry is too much for me.

I don't have my personal edit anymore it seems (I seem to have misplaced it). However it's mostly copying and pasting. I opened the files in layers (GFX_ugric_male_hair_behind, GFX_ugric_male_hair etc.) in Gimp, pasted in the new haircuts (GFX_southern_male_hair_behind, GFX_southern_male_hair etc.), aligned it, saved, tried in game and adjusted if needed. took me maybe 20 min, tops. That's including finding which archives held the DLC files needed.
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Thu Sep 29, 2016 20:21

Any chance you might be able to add compatibility between this and Attiris graphical mods.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:08

What incompatibilities are there?
The mod appears to replace resources from the main mod, not adding anything new. as such it should work as is (I think).

Edit:
I suppose you mean make a version that uses the hairs from his mod?
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 02:19

unsavory wrote:What incompatibilities are there?
The mod appears to replace resources from the main mod, not adding anything new. as such it should work as is (I think).

Edit:
I suppose you mean make a version that uses the hairs from his mod?

Yeah, using the hairs. Sorry if I wasnt clear. I cant play the game anymore without your mod. Also, you may wanna plan an update with the fact that the new East African portraits are gonna be used in the main mod.
melancholyroar

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 0.9.5

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47

This was originally going to be a larger update, then I remembered I don't have access to the game and thus not the dlc files I need for it. So it will have to wait.

In short:
  • Gave the Iberian Valyrians ALT. an Eastern variation like the Default Ugric Hybrid
  • Gave the Pure Ugric Valyrians ALT. an Eastern variation like the Default Ugric Hybrid
  • Added an Alternate, Iberian version of the Lysene
  • Added alternate versions of the Ugric and Iberian Portraits using the Hairs and Beards from the Main Mod, if you like that or wants to use the hairs from Attiris submod.(Using extension Attiris)

It's untested and there might be alignment issues with the DLC faces for the last entry.

melancholyroar wrote:Yeah, using the hairs. Sorry if I wasnt clear. I cant play the game anymore without your mod. Also, you may wanna plan an update with the fact that the new East African portraits are gonna be used in the main mod.

It was clear enough, I was just a little out of it :D
Anyway, no update should be necessary for adding those portraits as I've left that untouched.
We'll see when I eventually make an update for the further East... ;)
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Oct 03, 2016 04:12

Unsavory, what exactly are your preferences (IE: are you using ALTS or just the base mod)?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:43

I don't use any of the ALT portraits. I have my own versions of the defaults though. Using version relying on edited DLC files, mixing hairstyles and beards to something that works better, IMO. Darkening and brightening some bases, etc.
I use two edited Byzantine portraits for Salt and Sand Dornish and nothing for the First Men/Free Folk.

Well, I did anyway. I seem to have misplaced my edited files
unsavory

PostPosted by ngppgn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 15:58

Is this submod compatible with 1.3?
ngppgn

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Oct 24, 2016 20:05

It should be.
If it's not, someone please let me know as soon as possible
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 04:14

Unsavory in the ALTS folder whats hvalCloths one?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by ngppgn » Wed Oct 26, 2016 09:10

Question:

I've seen that LancelotLoire is in the Thanks section. Are the hairstyles of Congenital Overhaul included in this? Because that would solve a lot of problems in merging the two.
ngppgn

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed Oct 26, 2016 13:18

Nah lol. It was just basically like a "Shoutout to Lancelot for being so smart and so handsome and I'd totally have his babies" kinda thing.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by ngppgn » Wed Oct 26, 2016 13:53

LancelotLoire wrote:Nah lol. It was just basically like a "Shoutout to Lancelot for being so smart and so handsome and I'd totally have his babies" kinda thing.

XD!

May I by any chance ask you for some tips on making compatible your portrait changes with this submod's? I sometimes find hard to orientate myself among all these .gfx files.
ngppgn

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed Oct 26, 2016 14:24

Well it would be difficult as I have no idea what his files actually look like, so there might be some file merging and tweaking that needs to take place haha. And am off to bed, ughh middle of week sucks.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Oct 27, 2016 03:11

melancholyroar wrote:Unsavory in the ALTS folder whats hvalCloths one?

Honestly? I couldn't remember. :oops: Had to look it up and apparently: "The default Valyrians use "Western"clothing. This version uses HIgh Valyrian Clothing for them."

ngppgn wrote:Question:

I've seen that LancelotLoire is in the Thanks section. Are the hairstyles of Congenital Overhaul included in this? Because that would solve a lot of problems in merging the two.

Yes and no.

Unsavory wrote:Alternates:
Description:
So, while making the mod I made a few different versions when testing things out. I figured I'd throw those in for ya'll.

First Men [Celtic CO]:
First Men use hair and beards from Congenital Overhaul, Free Folk still use Celtic ones

I don't have the files in front of me right now, but I think I added the mentioned hairs as this was back in April(-ish) when CO wasn't updated.

LancelotLoire wrote:Nah lol. It was just basically like a "Shoutout to Lancelot for being so smart and so handsome and I'd totally have his babies" kinda thing.

Also this :P

ngppgn wrote:[
XD!
May I by any chance ask you for some tips on making compatible your portrait changes with this submod's? I sometimes find hard to orientate myself among all these .gfx files.

It's been a while since I looked at the files of CO and some of this mod as well. However I do imagine it would be mostly (tediously) changing the hairs for the portrait files you'd like to use in my mod to those in Congenital Overhaul:
E.G. changing "GFX_ugric_male_hair_behind:p1:h:y" to "GFX_western_male_hair_behind:p1:h:y" for Valyrians.
Hope that makes sense. :D
unsavory

PostPosted by Nocan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 17:33

Love the mod!
I have a couple ideas though. Could you make an alt version with Ugric for the northmen (with the same hair and eye colours as vanilla AGOT), and Iberian for the Salt Dornish?

Also, if you did this I could make an alternate history/character file with new DNA and post it here. I've already made a version of Jon Snow using the Mantaryan set: http://imgur.com/a/dLued

*Edit*
Made those versions myself but I'm having a lot of difficulties with the beards in the portraits changing on theeir own xc
Help would be appreciated topic12309.html
Nocan

PostPosted by ngppgn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 17:17

The alt file for freefolk norse pagan seems to be missing.
ngppgn

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Nov 05, 2016 00:27

ngppgn wrote:The alt file for freefolk norse pagan seems to be missing.

It's not, the .norse-file have that. But I see how that is unclear from the OP. So unless you want only Free Folk as Nrse that shouldn't be a problem.
If you do, however it's a rather easy fix if you don't use something else that changes the northerners.

Simply got to ### NORTHMAN ###(line 37) in the file. Mark and delete everything from it down to ### FREE FOLK ###(line 388). Save the file and install the ALT as instructed.

I hope that cleared things up and helped in the event that you don't Norse Northmen :D

Edit:
I made the line stating this clearer, it's under Alternates.

Also if replacing the default portrait file (from this mod) with the .norse portrait file when it's been edited as above it will make Northmen Vanilla.

I don't even know if this is what you were after, maybe I should stop advising you in how to alter the files until you actually respond :P
unsavory

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods