[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits *WIP*

PostPosted by Ruisuki » Mon Nov 07, 2016 14:02

Widowmaker94 wrote:Want to use the Old Mediterranean Facepacks for Salty Dornish. REMOVE TURTLE. *HATES DORNE*

Also, any way to combine this and the Seed is Strong? They'd go well together!:)

Yeah Id like to use them. Would be nice if we could pick what we wanted and didnt want. I would use some older versions even in Vanilla as well.
Ruisuki

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 0.9.5

PostPosted by ngppgn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 13:00

unsavory wrote:
ngppgn wrote:The alt file for freefolk norse pagan seems to be missing.

It's not, the .norse-file have that. But I see how that is unclear from the OP. So unless you want only Free Folk as Nrse that shouldn't be a problem.
If you do, however it's a rather easy fix if you don't use something else that changes the northerners.

Simply got to ### NORTHMAN ###(line 37) in the file. Mark and delete everything from it down to ### FREE FOLK ###(line 388). Save the file and install the ALT as instructed.

I hope that cleared things up and helped in the event that you don't Norse Northmen :D

Edit:
I made the line stating this clearer, it's under Alternates.

Also if replacing the default portrait file (from this mod) with the .norse portrait file when it's been edited as above it will make Northmen Vanilla.

I don't even know if this is what you were after, maybe I should stop advising you in how to alter the files until you actually respond :P

Thank you for you helpful words!
Edit: nvm, was a problem on my end
ngppgn

PostPosted by estbun » Mon Nov 21, 2016 22:42

Will you be getting those pictures on the first post as it still states *soon*
estbun

PostPosted by commiemism » Wed Nov 23, 2016 03:37

Is there a way to use this without the northern portraits? To be honest ned looks like a fucking potato lol
commiemism

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Nov 25, 2016 01:38

estbun wrote:Will you be getting those pictures on the first post as it still states *soon*

Sorry, no. I kinda forgot about them when I went to work on my other mods and now I don't play the game, and so I can't.

commiemism wrote:Is there a way to use this without the northern portraits? To be honest ned looks like a fucking potato lol

:lol: Yeah, I don't personally use them. In the mod folder, go to interface/portraits and move, delete or change the file type of portraits_norseman.gfx
unsavory

PostPosted by ohheykiwi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 01:54

Hi! Love the mod.

When (if ever) can we expect to see something for the Andals, too? The vanilla faces look so wrong compared to the beautiful DLC ones.

Thank you for all the effort!
ohheykiwi

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34

ohheykiwi wrote:Hi! Love the mod.

When (if ever) can we expect to see something for the Andals, too? The vanilla faces look so wrong compared to the beautiful DLC ones.

Thank you for all the effort!

Thank you!

Not at this moment. I\ll have to reinstall everything to get access to the DLC files, and that won't happen for a while. Maybe after New Years.
IN the mean time:
Any suggestion for what faces to use?
unsavory

PostPosted by ohheykiwi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 01:04

I don't really have any suggestions, but I did have something I wanted to ask.

Way back when the Westerosi Valyrians looked Valyrian (thinking of the Daynes in particular). Now they don't, they just look default with white hair. Any ideas why?

Also, I tried playing around with the faces by following your instructions somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to get them to stick. The Salt Dornish change back to the default faces a few years in. I tried to change the Northmen from Celtic to Norse, but I must have done something wrong, because they have default faces on. The only ones who work flawlessly are the Valyrians.
ohheykiwi

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Dec 08, 2016 21:41

ohheykiwi wrote:I don't really have any suggestions, but I did have something I wanted to ask.

Way back when the Westerosi Valyrians looked Valyrian (thinking of the Daynes in particular). Now they don't, they just look default with white hair. Any ideas why?

In this mod? They do in some alternates I think however the idea was that most western Valyrians were mostly Andal and should look like it. Andal with Valyrian features.

ohheykiwi wrote:Also, I tried playing around with the faces by following your instructions somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to get them to stick. The Salt Dornish change back to the default faces a few years in. I tried to change the Northmen from Celtic to Norse, but I must have done something wrong, because they have default faces on. The only ones who work flawlessly are the Valyrians.

Now what exactly did you try to do? Especially with the Salt Dornish. I wonder because I've never encountered that happening, them, just "changing" back. Did this happen mid game? After loading a save? After an update of something?
If it happened mid-game I'm stumped. Sorry, can't even begin to think of what went wrong.

With the Northmen, did you remember to rename portraits_norseman.gfx.norse to portraits_norseman.gfx? I just want to make sure.

I'm sorry I was bit slow to answer, I've forgotten to check in at forum for a short while, but I hope that helped!
Hopefully you figure out what's wrong :)

Edit: searched the tread and found what I said about the Westerosi Valyrians previously:
Unsavory wrote:The localization for Valyrian have changed, it's Westerosi Valyrian and Essosi Valyrian, to emphasize the intentions of the cultures I guess. With that in mind I feel like the western Valyrians should remain as is, to show that they are Andals of Valyrian descent. [...]

I don't quite know how the localization changing is actually relevant here, as I feel the same about it anyway, but I'm sure (like 55.1%) it made sense in context :P
unsavory

PostPosted by bigr3d_ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 05:56

Properly installed to use with 1.3.2 and many of the portraits are blank. This is the only mod that changes portraits I'm using. Any idea why?
bigr3d_

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Dec 17, 2016 19:29

bigr3d_ wrote:Properly installed to use with 1.3.2 and many of the portraits are blank. This is the only mod that changes portraits I'm using. Any idea why?

Do you have all the Portrait DLC?
If you do, please make sure all are activated. Other have experienced them deactivating for some reason.

If that is not the case, can you please clarify what Graphical Cultures do the people with blank portraits have?

I think we'll start there.
unsavory

PostPosted by bigr3d_ » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:02

unsavory wrote:
bigr3d_ wrote:Properly installed to use with 1.3.2 and many of the portraits are blank. This is the only mod that changes portraits I'm using. Any idea why?

If you do, please make sure all are activated. Other have experienced them deactivating for some reason.

If that is not the case, can you please clarify what Graphical Cultures do the people with blank portraits have?

Hmm sorry if this is naive but I'm not sure what you mean by all the portraits. It downloaded properly and I placed it in the correct mod folder. Was there anything else I was supposed to do?

I didn't check all the cultures but Northmen, valyrians, and a majority of free cities have no heads. I'm going to play around with it more so I'll update.

Edit 2: It just dawned on me what you meant by all portrait dlc (Im a dumbass apparently), ill make sure i do.

I seem to be missing a few dlc's: some I obviously needed. Thanks for asking a simple question that will probably solve all my problems.
bigr3d_

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:27

bigr3d_ wrote:
unsavory wrote:

Hmm sorry if this is naive but I'm not sure what you mean by all the portraits. It downloaded properly and I placed it in the correct mod folder. Was there anything else I was supposed to do?

I didn't check all the cultures but Northmen, valyrians, and a majority of free cities have no heads. I'm going to play around with it more so I'll update.

Edit 2: It just dawned on me what you meant by all portrait dlc (Im a dumbass apparently), ill make sure i do.

I seem to be missing a few dlc's: some I obviously needed. Thanks for asking a simple question that will probably solve all my problems.

No problem, it happens. And remember that there are alternate portraits for several cultures using other DLC's as a base if you don't want one of the ones I choose as default
unsavory

PostPosted by ruufozz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 03:36

Can someone tell how to make this work with Congenital overhaul?, i have the two enabled but only the high valyrian faces works.
I will appreciate this
ruufozz

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 08:31

ruufozz wrote:Can someone tell how to make this work with Congenital overhaul?, i have the two enabled but only the high valyrian faces works.
I will appreciate this

At present I dont think they are compatible.... then again Congential Overhaul has been hit or miss the last few patches.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Dec 19, 2016 18:28

ruufozz wrote:Can someone tell how to make this work with Congenital overhaul?, i have the two enabled but only the high valyrian faces works.
I will appreciate this

If you load my mod after Congenital Overhaul it'd overwrite the changes that conflict. That would (theoretically) make my portraits work, but ignore some changes from Congenital overhaul. Most likely to the culture files.

To do this add, Congenital Overhaul to the dependecies of my mod. In the *.mod-file

I'm a bit out of it at the moment but I hope that makes sense and is helpful :)
unsavory

PostPosted by spartansoldier8 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 13:25

Shall the new portraits (namely german and english) be added to this mod when the main mod or submod updates?
spartansoldier8

PostPosted by Kenzoprc » Sun Mar 12, 2017 16:33

Shall the new portraits (namely german and english) be added to this mod when the main mod or submod updates?

I hope so too. Westeros could use some variety in that aspect, if not in the mod, then definitely in a submod. I'd gladly see it fully incorporated, since both german and english portraits are 'caucasian' enough and 'non-exotic' enough to pass as westerosi. Vanillas are rather bland tbh, for breeding bloated fatneck monkheads with pre-war mustaches all the time is not exceptionaly fun prospect for anyone, I suppose.
Kenzoprc

PostPosted by blanchett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 19:31

The link appears to be broken.
blanchett

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:14

blanchett wrote:The link appears to be broken.

Link should be updated, let me know if it's not working
unsavory

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods