[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by KappaKid » Sun Apr 16, 2017 23:16

Want to link your DNA strands?
KappaKid
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 13:53

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by FlamingStag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 01:02

KappaKid wrote:Want to link your DNA strands?



I have only done the one's seen in the image. Here's a small sample. Properties doesn't fully work.

Eddard
dna="ah0cb000ec0"
properties="cc00cl00000000"

Jon Snow
dna="agigg000000"
properties="cb0nfl00000000"

Robb
dna="aagfg0b0db0"
properties="0m0a0b00000000"

Sansa
dna="adffe0e0db0"
properties="0a000k00000000"

Roose
dna="bd0ch0hc000"
properties="nj0i0k00000000"

Ramsay
dna="bc0da0gc000"
properties="ne0d0k00000000"

Stannis
dna="aehge0ga0d0"
properties="rk0cgl00000000"
User avatar
FlamingStag
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 08:36

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by KappaKid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 07:37

Good shit man.
KappaKid
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 13:53

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by madmike22c » Mon Apr 17, 2017 17:41

Disfigured masks seem to be off for the new portraits. Also nothing shows up for one-eyed.

Image

EDIT: So I fixed it, had to replace the original GFX_character_mask and GFX_character_eyepatch in the portraits_blandal.gfx file with "GFX_character_mask:p12:y:o40x45" and "GFX_character_eyepatch:p13:y:o32x63" (which I got from the interface/portraits/portraits.gfx file in normal CK2 folder)

Though a few other portraits might need fixing too, seems like the eye patches aren't showing up on certain Dornish at least but the masks are fine.

EDIT2: So I pretty much just had to add those same 2 lines to most the other files in interface/portraits
madmike22c
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 23:58

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by Guriezous » Tue Apr 18, 2017 23:47

Great mod! ;)

Have you considered to give the East African portraits to Summer Islanders?

Sorry for my English.
Guriezous
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 17:59

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by KappaKid » Thu Apr 20, 2017 00:30

My suggestions for alternates would be
-Iberian for Ghiscari cultures
-East African for Summer islanders (even though Naathi already use them, they're just superior over all)
-Turkish for Dothraki

The major factions still using the basic portraits trigger me so hard.
KappaKid
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 13:53

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by Guriezous » Thu Apr 20, 2017 13:36

KappaKid wrote:My suggestions for alternates would be
-Iberian for Ghiscari cultures
-East African for Summer islanders (even though Naathi already use them, they're just superior over all)
-Turkish for Dothraki

The major factions still using the basic portraits trigger me so hard.


Maybe Lenguii could use East African too. I would prefer South Indian portraits for Ghiscari. And whatever protraits use the Dothraki, Lhazareen should use it too. Indian could be used for Sarnori, including Omber. Finally, I think Hyrkooni could use Cuman portraits.

But this is just my opinion. Anyway, this mod is magnificient! :)
Guriezous
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 17:59

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by FlamingStag » Fri Apr 21, 2017 04:10

http://imgur.com/a/nzVsA
Some more I worked on.

Row I Lannister: Tywin,Jaime,Cersie,Tyrion
Row II Tyrell: Mace,Willas,Garlan,Loras,Margaery
Row III Tarly: Randyll,Samwell
Row IV Tully: Hoster,Brynden,Edmure
Row V ETC: Petyr Baelish and Brienne (It's hard to make unattractive females)
User avatar
FlamingStag
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 08:36

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by kenway » Fri Apr 21, 2017 13:15

madmike22c wrote:Disfigured masks seem to be off for the new portraits. Also nothing shows up for one-eyed.

Image

EDIT: So I fixed it, had to replace the original GFX_character_mask and GFX_character_eyepatch in the portraits_blandal.gfx file with "GFX_character_mask:p12:y:o40x45" and "GFX_character_eyepatch:p13:y:o32x63" (which I got from the interface/portraits/portraits.gfx file in normal CK2 folder)

Though a few other portraits might need fixing too, seems like the eye patches aren't showing up on certain Dornish at least but the masks are fine.

EDIT2: So I pretty much just had to add those same 2 lines to most the other files in interface/portraits


thanks for the suggestion. It worked, now the eyepatches/masks works fine.

that leaves only the smudged noses on english portraits bug to deal with, too bad there isn't an alternative for first men to use german portraits.
kenway
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 18:21

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by White Dragon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 17:31

Such a pity that none of the newer portraits/haircuts allow Tywin to maintain his sideburns. Is it me or did the old graphics allow a greater deal of customisation? Even so, you're doing a great job! Randyll and Samwell looks great.
White Dragon
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 19:56

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Fri Apr 21, 2017 18:12

White Dragon wrote:Is it me or did the old graphics allow a greater deal of customisation?


Sort of.
It seems to me that the old portraits allowed for more variety, but (especially with females) you had to custom-design faces to get anything remotely acceptable, whereas almost any combination of the new facial features looks at least decent.
DownTheDrain
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 17:14

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by FlamingStag » Fri Apr 21, 2017 18:16

White Dragon wrote:Such a pity that none of the newer portraits/haircuts allow Tywin to maintain his sideburns. Is it me or did the old graphics allow a greater deal of customisation? Even so, you're doing a great job! Randyll and Samwell looks great.


I'm hoping for some sort Congenital overhaul type sub mod that add new beards and hairs for DLC characters.
User avatar
FlamingStag
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 08:36

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37

DownTheDrain wrote:You'll be back... eventually.
I often take breaks of a few months and then suddenly remember this gem while browsing the game library and dive back in.


Of course, one always comes back. Just a question of when. :D

madmike22c wrote:Disfigured masks seem to be off for the new portraits. Also nothing shows up for one-eyed.

Image

EDIT: So I fixed it, had to replace the original GFX_character_mask and GFX_character_eyepatch in the portraits_blandal.gfx file with "GFX_character_mask:p12:y:o40x45" and "GFX_character_eyepatch:p13:y:o32x63" (which I got from the interface/portraits/portraits.gfx file in normal CK2 folder)

Though a few other portraits might need fixing too, seems like the eye patches aren't showing up on certain Dornish at least but the masks are fine.

EDIT2: So I pretty much just had to add those same 2 lines to most the other files in interface/portraits


I was aware of the problem, asked which portraits have the issue, got no response. You're saying add it for most of them?
I ask because the german portraits file does not have the offset in it but the english one does...

EDIT: I see, the lines are not even there. Well crap. I'll get it fixed (I hope).
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 15:30

So every portrait seems to be working fine except the Valyrians. Their facial hair appears but not their actual hair or face, so all I see is a floating crown with a mustache which is pretty funny lol. I have both the ugric & ibberian portraits so I have no idea why it wouldn't be working. I even got rid of RDU to see if that would help but it didn't. Any advice?
AdamUpBxtch
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:03

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Apr 22, 2017 16:07

AdamUpBxtch wrote:So every portrait seems to be working fine except the Valyrians. Their facial hair appears but not their actual hair or face, so all I see is a floating crown with a mustache which is pretty funny lol. I have both the ugric & ibberian portraits so I have no idea why it wouldn't be working. I even got rid of RDU to see if that would help but it didn't. Any advice?


Make sure the Conclave Content pack is activated, because that sounds like it's not loading the Ugric portraits.
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by kenway » Sat Apr 22, 2017 16:27

@unsavory you said you had an idea what causes the midage english female portraits smudged nose bug. Is it easy to fix like a couple of edits so i can try to do it, or is it too much work?
kenway
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 18:21

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 20:21

unsavory wrote:
AdamUpBxtch wrote:So every portrait seems to be working fine except the Valyrians. Their facial hair appears but not their actual hair or face, so all I see is a floating crown with a mustache which is pretty funny lol. I have both the ugric & ibberian portraits so I have no idea why it wouldn't be working. I even got rid of RDU to see if that would help but it didn't. Any advice?


Make sure the Conclave Content pack is activated, because that sounds like it's not loading the Ugric portraits.


It worked! Thank You! That's weird that you need to activate the content pack when all the content should already be in the conclave dlc itself, but I won't continue complaining because it works now.
AdamUpBxtch
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:03

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 22:21

Okay I got another question. How do the alternate portraits work? I've read the OP and i've looked through the thread to try and figure this out and I assume you delete the files for cultures you don't want and you can move ones from the ALT folder into that section if you want them. I've deleted the celtic portraits for the northmen and added the english file for the northmen. I removed the .english at the end of the file name and turned it back into a gfx file but it still doesn't work the northmen still have the celtic portraits for some reason when I load up the game. I've tried to add the English portraits for the andal cultures & slavic for the ironborn as well and I'm getting the vanilla game portraits. Am I just not doing this right or what? Do I have to disable the celtic portraits at the launcher for it to work? Is there something in the "common" folder I have to edit as well, possibly the first_men text file?
AdamUpBxtch
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:03

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by kenway » Sat Apr 22, 2017 23:59

if your conclave content pack was disabled, check to see if monks&mystics content pack is disabled as well because english/german portraits/units are in it
kenway
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 18:21

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 00:24

AdamUpBxtch wrote:Okay I got another question. How do the alternate portraits work? I've read the OP and i've looked through the thread to try and figure this out and I assume you delete the files for cultures you don't want and you can move ones from the ALT folder into that section if you want them. I've deleted the celtic portraits for the northmen and added the english file for the northmen. I removed the .english at the end of the file name and turned it back into a gfx file but it still doesn't work the northmen still have the celtic portraits for some reason when I load up the game. I've tried to add the English portraits for the andal cultures & slavic for the ironborn as well and I'm getting the vanilla game portraits. Am I just not doing this right or what? Do I have to disable the celtic portraits at the launcher for it to work? Is there something in the "common" folder I have to edit as well, possibly the first_men text file?


Well, that is how it should work.

A general Step by Step:
Spoiler: show
  1. Make sure you have the necessary DLC for what you want to do, I made a guide in the OP, and that it is active.
  2. Disable the portraits you want to replace. E.G. Move the file to another folder or delete it.
    In the case of Northmen, remove portraits_norseman.gfx (Not applicable to Ironborn)
  3. Choose the alternate you'd like from the ALT folder. In this case it should be portraits_norseman.gfx.norse, portraits_norseman.gfx.english or portraits_norseman.gfx.celticCO
  4. Move the file from AGOT DLC Portraits\interface\portraits\ALT to AGOT DLC Portraits\interface\portraits\
  5. Rename the file to make it a .gfx-file. E.G. Renaming portraits_norseman.gfx.english to portraits_norseman.gfx
  6. All should be golden!


I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.
I've set up the files the way I have to avoid messing with the culture files.
All versions a cultures portraits use the same reference.
For instance, The First Men (Northerners) use norsthmangfx (norse+north=norsth :P ). The alternates switch which graphical files are associated with norsthmangfx. If everything is set up correctly the portraits being celtic should not be possible unless overwritten by another mod.

This sounds like a missed step or another mod overriding my changes to the Culture files in Common. If you have another mod that alters those and have.

I don't know if this helped at all, doesn't feel that way to me, but it's all I can think of.
User avatar
unsavory
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 22:35

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest