[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.1

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 00:30

kenway wrote:if your conclave content pack was disabled, check to see if monks&mystics content pack is disabled as well because english/german portraits/units are in it

Nope, I made sure the monk & mystic content pack was enabled before i started up the game, and all the andal cultures still have vanilla, etc. I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing wrong.
AdamUpBxtch

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 00:34

unsavory wrote:
AdamUpBxtch wrote:Okay I got another question. How do the alternate portraits work? I've read the OP and i've looked through the thread to try and figure this out and I assume you delete the files for cultures you don't want and you can move ones from the ALT folder into that section if you want them. I've deleted the celtic portraits for the northmen and added the english file for the northmen. I removed the .english at the end of the file name and turned it back into a gfx file but it still doesn't work the northmen still have the celtic portraits for some reason when I load up the game. I've tried to add the English portraits for the andal cultures & slavic for the ironborn as well and I'm getting the vanilla game portraits. Am I just not doing this right or what? Do I have to disable the celtic portraits at the launcher for it to work? Is there something in the "common" folder I have to edit as well, possibly the first_men text file?

Well, that is how it should work.

A general Step by Step:
Spoiler: show
  1. Make sure you have the necessary DLC for what you want to do, I made a guide in the OP, and that it is active.
  2. Disable the portraits you want to replace. E.G. Move the file to another folder or delete it.
    In the case of Northmen, remove portraits_norseman.gfx (Not applicable to Ironborn)
  3. Choose the alternate you'd like from the ALT folder. In this case it should be portraits_norseman.gfx.norse, portraits_norseman.gfx.english or portraits_norseman.gfx.celticCO
  4. Move the file from AGOT DLC Portraits\interface\portraits\ALT to AGOT DLC Portraits\interface\portraits\
  5. Rename the file to make it a .gfx-file. E.G. Renaming portraits_norseman.gfx.english to portraits_norseman.gfx
  6. All should be golden!

I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.
I've set up the files the way I have to avoid messing with the culture files.
All versions a cultures portraits use the same reference.
For instance, The First Men (Northerners) use norsthmangfx (norse+north=norsth :P ). The alternates switch which graphical files are associated with norsthmangfx. If everything is set up correctly the portraits being celtic should not be possible unless overwritten by another mod.

This sounds like a missed step or another mod overriding my changes to the Culture files in Common. If you have another mod that alters those and have.

I don't know if this helped at all, doesn't feel that way to me, but it's all I can think of.

I'll try disabling all my other mods and see if it works. The thing is I don't have any other submods that should be overriding anything that has to do with the gfx_culture. If it doesn't work i'll reinstall AGoT, and if that doesn't work I'll just deal with it I guess lol

Update: Welp, reinstalling didn't do anything lol
AdamUpBxtch

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 01:08

AdamUpBxtch wrote:I'll try disabling all my other mods and see if it works. The thing is I don't have any other submods that should be overriding anything that has to do with the gfx_culture. If it doesn't work i'll reinstall AGoT, and if that doesn't work I'll just deal with it I guess lol

Well it is the most likely scenario.

Another mod, also editing the files in AGOT DLC Portraits\common\cultures is quite likely the problem.

EDIT:
Troubleshooting:

Try running only AGOT. Are they still Celtic?

If they are not, try adding my mod.

If they don't become Celtic (and you've replaced the file) then it's not my mod. Start troubleshooting other mods.

If they do become Celtic, despite replacing the file, something is off in the install of this mod.
To be completely sure, try reinstalling my mod from scratch. Delete the files, and install it from a new download.

Before replacing the files open up both portraits_norseman.gfx and portraits_norseman.gfx.english in notepad to see that they are indeed different files.
If they are try the process again.

If the portraits turn out Celtic again, while running only this and AGOT, I've got bad news for you.
Your computer is haunted, or possibly a Mac, or both ( :o ).

Godspeed!
unsavory

PostPosted by AdamUpBxtch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 07:12

unsavory wrote:
AdamUpBxtch wrote:I'll try disabling all my other mods and see if it works. The thing is I don't have any other submods that should be overriding anything that has to do with the gfx_culture. If it doesn't work i'll reinstall AGoT, and if that doesn't work I'll just deal with it I guess lol

Well it is the most likely scenario.

Another mod, also editing the files in AGOT DLC Portraits\common\cultures is quite likely the problem.

EDIT:
Troubleshooting:

Try running only AGOT. Are they still Celtic?

If they are not, try adding my mod.

If they don't become Celtic (and you've replaced the file) then it's not my mod. Start troubleshooting other mods.

If they do become Celtic, despite replacing the file, something is off in the install of this mod.
To be completely sure, try reinstalling my mod from scratch. Delete the files, and install it from a new download.

Before replacing the files open up both portraits_norseman.gfx and portraits_norseman.gfx.english in notepad to see that they are indeed different files.
If they are try the process again.

If the portraits turn out Celtic again, while running only this and AGOT, I've got bad news for you.
Your computer is haunted, or possibly a Mac, or both ( :o ).

Godspeed!

I figured it out and I feel like an idiot. Apparently when I extracted the mod to my mod folder it somehow also extracted the mod to the steamapps/common/CKII/mod folder as well and instead of loading up the mod from the document mod folder where I edited the files it'd upload the mod folder from my steamapps one where I didn't edit any of the files.
AdamUpBxtch

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.5

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:48

Updated!
Not the full 1.1 update I wanted, the missed eyepatch and mask lines were time consuming and tedious.

1.0.5:
  • (Hopefully) Solved the case of the English Noses
  • Split all files modifying multiple portraits into separate files, allowing greater customization
  • Added support for eye-patches and masks to all portraits (let me know if the offset is wrong on any of them)
  • Cleaned up some unnecessary lines, improving compatibility.

Enjoy, and I hope it works alright.
unsavory

PostPosted by kenway » Sun Apr 23, 2017 13:30

unsavory wrote:Updated!
Not the full 1.1 update I wanted, the missed eyepatch and mask lines were time consuming and tedious.

1.0.5:
  • (Hopefully) Solved the case of the English Noses
  • Split all files modifying multiple portraits into separate files, allowing greater customization
  • Added support for eye-patches and masks to all portraits (let me know if the offset is wrong on any of them)
  • Cleaned up some unnecessary lines, improving compatibility.

Enjoy, and I hope it works alright.

thanks for the update, tried it just now
for me, just the masks/eyepatches for andal/german(blandal.gfx) portraits are off like in the previous version.

as madmike22c suggested before, editing the lines in blandal.gfx file did the trick;
"GFX_character_mask:p12:y" to -----> "GFX_character_mask:p12:y:o40x45"
"GFX_character_eyepatch:p13:y" to -----> "GFX_character_eyepatch:p13:y:o32x63"

other than that noses are fixed for english portraits like you said and everything is working for me, granted i tried with westeros only submod and don't use the valyrian/sand-salt dornish/essosi parts of the mod so i don't know about them.
kenway

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 19:03

kenway wrote:
for me, just the masks/eyepatches for andal/german(blandal.gfx) portraits are off like in the previous version.

as madmike22c suggested before, editing the lines in blandal.gfx file did the trick;

other than that noses are fixed for english portraits like you said and everything is working for me, granted i tried with westeros only submod and don't use the valyrian/sand-salt dornish/essosi parts of the mod so i don't know about them.

I thought they might be, but I got no answer to my question on it before doing the update. So I left them as they are in the DLC-files. I'll do a quick update for it soon, and then things should be good for a content update.
unsavory

PostPosted by madmike22c » Sun Apr 23, 2017 19:10

unsavory wrote:
kenway wrote:

I thought they might be, but I got no answer to my question on it before doing the update. So I left them as they are in the DLC-files. I'll do a quick update for it soon, and then things should be good for a content update.

I think I had to add/change the lines in all of the portraits_ file in interface>portraits except the spritetypes file. A lot of them were just missing the lines altogether If I remember right so masks and eye patches weren't showing up.
madmike22c

PostPosted by kenway » Sun Apr 23, 2017 20:20

like i said, i don't use all parts of the mod and andals masks/eyepatches are off for v1.0.5 but the ones i use work as intended now.

no need to edit firstmen-english/wildling-norse/ironborn-slavic portraits for v1.0.5. Someone should check salt-sand dornish/high valyrian/eastern valyrian and lyseni portraits though.
kenway

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 21:24

The offset should now be applied to the german portraits as well
unsavory

PostPosted by Arelas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 16:18

I posted in the seed is strong page as well, but any chance you can reupload the DLC comp patch since the current link for them is not working.
Arelas

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Thu Apr 27, 2017 22:16

Any luck solving the issue with the English?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by Matt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 23:05

I think I found a glitch in 1.0.6. It seems that Northern Celtics are all bald. No facial hair or hair, every last one of them.
Matt

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37

Arelas wrote:I posted in the seed is strong page as well, but any chance you can reupload the DLC comp patch since the current link for them is not working.

Right, knew I forgot some links:
Seed is Strong Patch
Put it in the OP as well.

melancholyroar wrote:Any luck solving the issue with the English?

kenway wrote:*snip*

It was my understanding it was solved in 1.0.5/1.0.6

Matt wrote:I think I found a glitch in 1.0.6. It seems that Northern Celtics are all bald. No facial hair or hair, every last one of them.

It sounds like you're using the congenital overhaul celts (the ones in the ALT folder, called .CelticCO). Those files need you to have Congenital Overhaul installed and loaded before this. I removed the files from that mod to increase compatibility and make life a bit easier for myself.
unsavory

PostPosted by armychowmein » Fri Apr 28, 2017 17:57

Helluva job, unsavory. Great submod.
armychowmein

PostPosted by Matt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 14:13

unsavory wrote:
Arelas wrote:It sounds like you're using the congenital overhaul celts (the ones in the ALT folder, called .CelticCO). Those files need you to have Congenital Overhaul installed and loaded before this. I removed the files from that mod to increase compatibility and make life a bit easier for myself.

That did the trick! Switched it out with the regular Celtic alternate and it worked like a charm. Thanks!
Matt

PostPosted by Khalid Greyjoy » Wed May 10, 2017 00:42

please update
What Is Dead May Never Die
Khalid Greyjoy

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Wed May 10, 2017 00:54

Khalid Greyjoy wrote:please update

Haven't tried 1.4.1 yet but I don't see anything in the changelog that affects portraits.
Which parts of the submod does the new release break?
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed May 10, 2017 01:53

DownTheDrain wrote:

Haven't tried 1.4.1 yet but I don't see anything in the changelog that affects portraits.

If something is broken, let me know what and I'll try to push an update tomorrow.
If not, the content update comes when it's ready.
As long as I don't play the game myself I'm reliant on y'all for bug testing, so I need more to go on than "please update".

The only files this overwrites are the culture files, which in most cases shouldn't do too much damage even if not up to date. So unless there are "big" changes to those this should be fine.
unsavory

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Wed May 10, 2017 02:27

unsavory wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:

If something is broken, let me know what and I'll try to push an update tomorrow.
If not, the content update comes when it's ready.
As long as I don't play the game myself I'm reliant on y'all for bug testing, so I need more to go on than "please update".

The only files this overwrites are the culture files, which in most cases shouldn't do too much damage even if not up to date. So unless there are "big" changes to those this should be fine.

Just updated to 1.4.1 and tried a new game with just your submod enabled.
Started up fine and I can't spot any immediate issues. Unless something breaks down the line I think we're good.
DownTheDrain

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods