[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6

PostPosted by pvt900 » Fri May 12, 2017 16:24

Um, Last I saw was the Valeman Portraits have their blindfold for an eye injury way misplaced onto their side. I
'm not sure who else has issue cause in all of my game only the LP of the Vale got a Eye Injury no one I kept track of did.
pvt900

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat May 13, 2017 09:38

pvt900 wrote:Um, Last I saw was the Valeman Portraits have their blindfold for an eye injury way misplaced onto their side. I
'm not sure who else has issue cause in all of my game only the LP of the Vale got a Eye Injury no one I kept track of did.

German or English?
Also do you have 1.0.6?
Because German portraits were the only without the offset before 1.0.6.
unsavory

PostPosted by pvt900 » Sat May 13, 2017 20:52

English and 1.0.6, I used it for 1.4 and The "Darling of the Vale" - Denys Arryn lost his Eye in combat with the Mt. Clansmen and his "eye band" (like a cloth from ear to chin covering his eye) and the result was the cover was around his collar area
pvt900

PostPosted by Tyland the Red Lion » Sat May 13, 2017 22:38

So I have this Portrait mod and all the portrait dlc work, apart from the Russian which is meant for the Ironborn. I have 1.4.1 and 2.7.1 so I'm updated.
I have 1.0.6 of this mod.

I am unsure about the renaming process for the Ironborn portrait gfx so if anyone can guide me it would be very helpful.

thanks and great mod though :D

Edit: So I found out the ibbenese are using the Russian portraits though, so I must have messed up during the move/rename of the Ironborn file
Tyland the Red Lion

PostPosted by Nocan » Sun May 14, 2017 11:28

I see that in the Future Parts section you said you wanted to have Stone Dornish use a modified andal version. I have a version of the German portraits that are darkened. If you want I could send them

http://imgur.com/a/CEaM5
Nocan

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat May 20, 2017 14:40

Sorry for the late replies. When things die down here for a while I forget to check back :D.

pvt900 wrote:English and 1.0.6, I used it for 1.4 and The "Darling of the Vale" - Denys Arryn lost his Eye in combat with the Mt. Clansmen and his "eye band" (like a cloth from ear to chin covering his eye) and the result was the cover was around his collar area

Okay, I took a look and can't find anything wrong unless there shouldn't be an offset. I did find I hadn't actually fully added the offset to the germans, so I have now. Try the latest version to be 100% sure, as I am certain the offset is added the the English variant of the blandal.gfx there.

In the mean time, does anyone else have similar issues with the English Andals?
If so could be the same ridiculous problem as the missing noses.

Nocan wrote:I see that in the Future Parts section you said you wanted to have Stone Dornish use a modified andal version. I have a version of the German portraits that are darkened. If you want I could send them

http://imgur.com/a/CEaM5

Those are nice, but unless you made them from scratch I can't use those as it's redistributing DLC assets, unless I'm missing something obvious (which is entirely probable). :P

Tyland the Red Lion wrote:So I have this Portrait mod and all the portrait dlc work, apart from the Russian which is meant for the Ironborn. I have 1.4.1 and 2.7.1 so I'm updated.
I have 1.0.6 of this mod.

I am unsure about the renaming process for the Ironborn portrait gfx so if anyone can guide me it would be very helpful.

thanks and great mod though :D

Edit: So I found out the ibbenese are using the Russian portraits though, so I must have messed up during the move/rename of the Ironborn file

The full filename for the Ironborn russian portraits is portraits_ironslavic.gfx.russian rename it to: portraits_ironslavic.gfx
Then move it from the ALT-folder up one step, to the portraits-folder

Now Ibben are standard Russian by default in this mod, that is as it should. To change that you have to go to "common/cultures" in the mod folder.
You'll find another ALT-folder there (Edit) Nevermind this, I realized the alt culture file is possibly out of date.

I you want Ibben to be Celtic (Default in the main mod) just remove north_eastern.txt.
Last edited by unsavory on Sun May 21, 2017 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by Tyland the Red Lion » Sat May 20, 2017 14:45

Thanks for the reply man. I will give what you suggested a try.

Edit: so it worked. I had to resave the file/ delete original not just rename but its finally worked. I also changed the ibenesse to Celtic.

This is just a separate question: I'm using congenital overhaul as well, and all the portraits work apart from the ones for the north men. Now I understand this isn't your fault as they are not made to be compatible, but any idea how I could keep both but make the north men portraits works?

Its not a huge deal and I will play without, just thought id ask lol.
Tyland the Red Lion

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun May 21, 2017 00:55

Tyland the Red Lion wrote:Thanks for the reply man. I will give what you suggested a try.

Edit: so it worked. I had to resave the file/ delete original not just rename but its finally worked. I also changed the ibenesse to Celtic.

This is just a separate question: I'm using congenital overhaul as well, and all the portraits work apart from the ones for the north men. Now I understand this isn't your fault as they are not made to be compatible, but any idea how I could keep both but make the north men portraits works?

Its not a huge deal and I will play without, just thought id ask lol.

Yes I believe the northmen portraits are the only incompatible part. I think altering the load order should decide which portraits are used. If you want to use my portraits, open AGOT DLC Portraits.mod in notepad and in dependencies add Congenital Overhaul.
Like this: dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" } to dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" "AGOT Congenital Overhaul" }.

If you want it the other way around you open up AGOT Congenital Overhaul.mod and add "AGOT DLC Portraits" to dependencies.

I hope that made sense, if not I'll try again when less tired :)
unsavory

PostPosted by Tyland the Red Lion » Sun May 21, 2017 16:10

Yes I believe the northmen portraits are the only incompatible part. I think altering the load order should decide which portraits are used. If you want to use my portraits, open AGOT DLC Portraits.mod in notepad and in dependencies add Congenital Overhaul.
Like this: dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" } to dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" "AGOT Congenital Overhaul" }.

If you want it the other way around you open up AGOT Congenital Overhaul.mod and add "AGOT DLC Portraits" to dependencies.

I tried what you say and it didn't work :/ any other ideas of how to make them work together? :D
Tyland the Red Lion

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon May 22, 2017 14:15

Tyland the Red Lion wrote:

I tried what you say and it didn't work :/ any other ideas of how to make them work together? :D

You could just try removing common\cultures\first_men.txt from the mod you DON'T want the portraits from.
That should work, if not something else is wrong.
unsavory

PostPosted by Tyland the Red Lion » Mon May 22, 2017 17:47

unsavory wrote:
Tyland the Red Lion wrote:

You could just try removing common\cultures\first_men.txt from the mod you DON'T want the portraits from.
That should work, if not something else is wrong.

Yeah just tried that and it worked. thanks for the help man haha.
Tyland the Red Lion

PostPosted by stale » Mon May 22, 2017 21:52

Hi there, glad to see you're still updating this in spite of not playing anymore.

There are two tiny things that are bothering me, though, that are probably just oversights. Is there any chance we can have the Westerosi Valyrians added to the Valyrian graphics/given their own (Maybe Valyrian portraits with Andal clothing or something), and can we see the Clawmen added to the First Men graphics? They're the two most glaring omissions (and I'm pretty sure it's because the Westerosi Valyrian culture was added after you did the Valyrian portraits).. thank you for the great work!

P.S. Is there a way to add Westerosi Valyrians in to the valyrian.gfx file easily? I've done CK2 modding but never touched portraits so I'm a little wary since I know it's a bit of a hassle.

Edit: Also..the Stone Dornish. Completely forgot to mention them as well. :p
stale

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue May 23, 2017 09:58

stale wrote:Hi there, glad to see you're still updating this in spite of not playing anymore.

There are two tiny things that are bothering me, though, that are probably just oversights. Is there any chance we can have the Westerosi Valyrians added to the Valyrian graphics/given their own (Maybe Valyrian portraits with Andal clothing or something), and can we see the Clawmen added to the First Men graphics? They're the two most glaring omissions (and I'm pretty sure it's because the Westerosi Valyrian culture was added after you did the Valyrian portraits).. thank you for the great work!

P.S. Is there a way to add Westerosi Valyrians in to the valyrian.gfx file easily? I've done CK2 modding but never touched portraits so I'm a little wary since I know it's a bit of a hassle.

Edit: Also..the Stone Dornish. Completely forgot to mention them as well. :p

Yeah, Westerosi Valyrian and the Stone Dornish are planned for the next update, as stated in the OP.
Not sure when I'll get that out though.

I can add the Clawmen with that update as well. The plan was to add them when I did Andal portraits as that's most like what they use in the main mod. At least I think so, seems I forgot about them entirely. :P
In the mean time you can open up the culture file and add the graphical culture you want to use (e.g norsthmangfx for first men) to the clawmens graphical cultures.

As for adding Westerosi Valyrians, it's not that hard, mostly tedious. It's mostly copy-pasting. And making sure everything is as it should. The simplest way would be to just use the Eastern valyrian portraits I added (eastvals - covers Mantaryan, Elyrian, et. al.). They're based on the Westerosi Valyrian Portraits, but I decided to split it up so the Westersoi Valyrian would look more Andal than their Esossi counterparts.
To do that just add the valeasterngfx in front of westvalyriangfx in the culture file (fk_valyrian.txt).

I won't go into the portrait modding here as I feel this response is long winded as is. If you want more of that you can take a look here. That's the basics, then add copying and pasting between files from the main mod and DLC files.
unsavory

PostPosted by stale » Tue May 23, 2017 16:28

Thank you for your response - and sorry, I was honestly looking at the OP in a different window while typing that response but for some reason there was a total disconnect between that and my hand. :P I'll take a look at doing it, but I'm highly anticipating breaking something... maybe I'll just wait for you to work your magic instead.
stale

PostPosted by madmike22c » Sat Jun 03, 2017 17:28

Does anyone have a problem with not being able to get certain hair/beards in game? Like when you make a char in ruler designer or portrait builder and then input dna/portraits. It just ends up changing to a different hairstyle/beard. Does anyone know how to fix it?

EDIT: For example I can't get the long straight white hair as High Valyrian. There's been others too though.
madmike22c

PostPosted by Matt » Sun Jun 04, 2017 15:27

madmike22c wrote:Does anyone have a problem with not being able to get certain hair/beards in game? Like when you make a char in ruler designer or portrait builder and then input dna/portraits. It just ends up changing to a different hairstyle/beard. Does anyone know how to fix it?

EDIT: For example I can't get the long straight white hair as High Valyrian. There's been others too though.

I've had this problem as well, but I've had it in the vanilla game too. I don't think it is related to this mod.

On an unrelated note, Unsavory, out of curiosity, are you planning an update for 1.4.1?
Matt

PostPosted by madmike22c » Sun Jun 04, 2017 16:26

Matt wrote:
madmike22c wrote:Does anyone have a problem with not being able to get certain hair/beards in game? Like when you make a char in ruler designer or portrait builder and then input dna/portraits. It just ends up changing to a different hairstyle/beard. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I've had this problem as well, but I've had it in the vanilla game too. I don't think it is related to this mod.

On an unrelated note, Unsavory, out of curiosity, are you planning an update for 1.4.1?

I think it works fine for 1.4.1
madmike22c

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Jun 05, 2017 21:40

Like Matt mentions it might be unrelated to the mod. I'll give it a look anyhow.

Matt wrote:I've had this problem as well, but I've had it in the vanilla game too. I don't think it is related to this mod.

Regarding an update:
unsavory wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:
Khalid Greyjoy wrote:please update

Haven't tried 1.4.1 yet but I don't see anything in the changelog that affects portraits.
Which parts of the submod does the new release break?

If something is broken, let me know what and I'll try to push an update tomorrow.
If not, the content update comes when it's ready.
As long as I don't play the game myself I'm reliant on y'all for bug testing, so I need more to go on than "please update".

The only files this overwrites are the culture files, which in most cases shouldn't do too much damage even if not up to date. So unless there are "big" changes to those this should be fine.
unsavory

PostPosted by White Dragon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 02:43

Is there a way of making the Westerosi Valyrians look like Ugrics bar the mandatory white hair? I believe I saw an example of this earlier in the thread but I couldn't find any explaination as to how.

By the way, the Clawmen retain their old portraits. Should you wish to update them as well in accordance with lore, I believe they are considered more First Men than Andal.
White Dragon

PostPosted by ngppgn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16

Bug and suggestion:

Bug (of sorts): stone dornish use the vanilla base european portraits. Shouldn't they instead use the same faces as the andals? Or some other dlc set?

Suggestion: You don't need to override the culture files. In fact, you can use one single file called z_culture_overrides.txt with these contents:

Code: Select all
andal = {
   riverlander = {
      graphical_cultures = { blandalgfx normangfx } # units
   }
   westerman = {
   }
   valeman = {
   }
   crownlander = {
   }
   stormlander = {
   }
   reachman = {
   }
   hedge = {
   }
   sisterman = {
      graphical_cultures = { blandalgfx sistermangfx } # units
   }
   old_andal = {
   }
   dornish_andal = {
      graphical_cultures = { blandalgfx normangfx westerngfx } # units
   }
}
dornish = {
   graphical_cultures = { dornishgfx } # units

stone_dornish = {
      graphical_cultures = { stonedornishgfx westerngfx } # units
   }
   sand_dornish = {
      graphical_cultures = { sandbyzantinegfx sanddornishgfx } # units
   }
   salt_dornish = {
      graphical_cultures = { saltpersiangfx saltdornishgfx } # units
   }
   rhoynar = {
      graphical_cultures = { saltpersiangfx saltdornishgfx } # units
   }
}
first_men = {
   northman = {
      graphical_cultures = { norsthmangfx northmangfx } # portraits
   }
   hill_clansman = {
      graphical_cultures = { wildlinggfx northmangfx } # portraits
   }
   crannogman = {
   }
   half_southron = {
      graphical_cultures = { normangfx } # portraits
   }
   crackclawmen = {
      graphical_cultures = { saxongfx } # portraits
   }
   moon_clansman = { # Wildling copy as placeholder
   }
   skagosi = {
   }
   old_first_man = {
   }
}
free_folk = {
   wildling = {
   }
   thenn = {
   }
   frozen_shore = {
   }
   hornfoot = {
   }
   cannibal_clan = {
   }
}
iron_isles_culture = {
   ironborn = {
      graphical_cultures = { ironslavicgfx ironborngfx } # portraits
   }
}
free_cities = {
   pentosi = {
      graphical_cultures = { pentalusiangfx pentosigfx } # portraits
   }
   braavosi = {
      graphical_cultures = { republicsgfx } # portraits
   }
   lysene = {
      graphical_cultures = { valysenegfx lysenegfx }
   }
   qohorik = {
      graphical_cultures = { freesoutherngfx freecitiesgfx }
   }
   norvosi = {
      graphical_cultures = { norvalusiangfx norvosigfx }
   }
   myrman = {
      graphical_cultures = { myrdalusiangfx myrmangfx saltdornishgfx }
   }
   tyroshi = {
      graphical_cultures = { tyralusiangfx tyroshigfx }
   }
   volantene = {
      graphical_cultures = { freesoutherngfx freecitiesgfx } # portraits
   }
   lorathi = {
      graphical_cultures = { freesoutherngfx freecitiesgfx } # portraits
   }
   essarian = {
      graphical_cultures = { freesoutherngfx freecitiesgfx }
   }
   gogossosi = {
      graphical_cultures = { myrdalusiangfx myrmangfx saltdornishgfx }
   }
}
valyrian = {
   high_valyrian = {
      graphical_cultures = { valygfx valyriangfx } # portraits
   }
   western_valyrian = {
      graphical_cultures = { westvalyriangfx } # portraits
   }
   eastern_valyrian = {
      graphical_cultures = { valygfx valyriangfx republicsgfx }
   }
   mantaryan = {
      graphical_cultures = { valeasterngfx westvalyriangfx republicsgfx }
   }
   tolosi = {
   }
   elyrian = {
   }
   dragon = {
      graphical_cultures = { dragongfx }
   }
}
ibbenese = {
   ibbenese = {
      graphical_cultures = { easternslavicgfx ibbenesegfx } # portraits, units
   }
}
jogos_nhai_group = {
   jogos_nhai = {
      graphical_cultures = { jogosgfx muslimgfx }
   }
}
nghai_group = {
   nghai = {
      graphical_cultures = { mongolgfx muslimgfx }
   }
}   
islander_group = {
   islander = {
      graphical_cultures = { islandergfx }
   }
}

This will override the graphical_culture fields of the cultures, but preserve the other fields of the vanilla files. Then you don't have to be checking for vanilla files chages with each AGOT version.

Oh, also sort of a request. The blond color in the andal portraits (I think that's english faces?) is too bright and vibrant, almost look like a synthetic shade. Would you consider tweaking it?
ngppgn

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods