[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jul 21, 2017 01:29

White Dragon wrote:Is there a way of making the Westerosi Valyrians look like Ugrics bar the mandatory white hair? I believe I saw an example of this earlier in the thread but I couldn't find any explaination as to how.

WEll, the portraits exist, That's basically the Eastern Valyrian Portraits I made. Open up fk_valyrian.txt in the culture folder. Find western_valyrian and add valeasterngfx to graphical_cultures. It needs to be before westvalyriangfx

White Dragon wrote: By the way, the Clawmen retain their old portraits. Should you wish to update them as well in accordance with lore, I believe they are considered more First Men than Andal.

I'm aware, I mentioned it a few posts up. I'm just not very active with the modding of the game at the moment as I don't play.

ngppgn wrote:Bug and suggestion:

Bug (of sorts): stone dornish use the vanilla base european portraits. Shouldn't they instead use the same faces as the andals? Or some other dlc set?

It's under future plans

ngppgn wrote:Suggestion: You don't need to override the culture files. In fact, you can use one single file called z_culture_overrides.txt with these contents:
*snip*

This will override the graphical_culture fields of the cultures, but preserve the other fields of the vanilla files. Then you don't have to be checking for vanilla files chages with each AGOT version.

Nice, thanks! I'll do that for the next version then, whenever I sit down to do that. Overrides weren't a thing when I made the mod (I think), at least not for this stuff.

ngppgn wrote:Oh, also sort of a request. The blond color in the andal portraits (I think that's english faces?) is too bright and vibrant, almost look like a synthetic shade. Would you consider tweaking it?

German is default Andal. They both use the colors though.
I'll give it a look for the next version.
I think you mean the last hair color there. the base color has a value of 200, 195, 0.
If you want it tweaked now, open portraits_blandal.gfx and tweak the middle value on the last line for all entries to an RBG value you like.
That is if I actually remember how hair colors work in this game.

Sorry if I missed a few words in the response, or write something a bit incoherent. I just remembered I hadn't checked in here for a while, at 2:30 am about to go to bed. And I just know I'll forget to respond if I don't do it now
unsavory

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 0.9.1

PostPosted by bebepeche34 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 20:49

unsavory wrote:
Rifal wrote:Not wanting to do DNA is fair enough. The portraits themselves are great, with the exception of the Valyrians. They are supposed to posses a natural beauty and softness, but here they just look like someone cut their faces with an angle grinder.

I disagree about the portraits and the hairs for them. Suits the cultures they were made for in vanilla, and unlike several other portraits, they look human, big plus in my book ;) But to each their own.

The problem with the Valyrians is, in my opinion, that they're supposed to have this innate beauty, in some cases inhuman beauty. No current portraits could accurately portray them in my opinion.

I get what your saying about the Ugric portraits though. Not really sure what else to go with, that I haven't put in already.
I like the "bone" structure of the Male Iberians better for the Valyrians, but I don't like the female Iberians at all.

Rifal wrote:I also feel like Congenital overhauls Hairstyles would suit them better then whatever half assed things Paradox use for their Iberian and Ugric portraits.

Maybe they would. The heads of most portraits vary in size however, so it might not line up to well with DLC heads. Well I threw together a version using Iberian males, Ugric females and both use hairs and beards from Congenital Overhaul. I tried i quickly and most things seem to line up. Try it out see if it works, maybe i put together something proper later if it works.

Use this instead of the current "portraits_vals.gfx" file

SinStar87 wrote:I feel like there's going to be an event added to the mod soon. :)

;)

hello unsavory, can you repost the Congenital overhauls valyrian file please ?
bebepeche34

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Jul 24, 2017 13:28

bebepeche34 wrote:hello unsavory, can you repost the Congenital overhauls valyrian file please ?

Sure thing.
I believe it's this one: Link
Let me know if it's the right one and I'll put a link in the OP.
BTW it's an older file so it's for both Essosi and High Valyrians, don't use an east valyrian file with this.
unsavory

PostPosted by bebepeche34 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 15:27

unsavory wrote:
bebepeche34 wrote:hello unsavory, can you repost the Congenital overhauls valyrian file please ?

Sure thing.
BTW it's an older file so it's for both Essosi and High Valyrians, don't use an east valyrian file with this.

Hair does not appear
bebepeche34

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Jul 25, 2017 00:29

bebepeche34 wrote:
unsavory wrote:

Sure thing.

Hair does not appear

MIght not work newer versions of congenital overhaul then, sorry. I'll give it a look later...

EDIT:
Or try this. Not touched these either, but the versions I made to be compatible with Attiris Mod just uses the hair from the Main mod, which Congenital Overhaul replaces, IIRC. So unless something else is off, maybe this will work

Link
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 08:20

Any chance to see a an updated patch for Seed is Strong?
melancholyroar

PostPosted by tonso » Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:50

There's anyway tô merge this with Seed is Strong? Not only compatibility, but using the portraits in the great houses too?
tonso

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Aug 04, 2017 15:40

melancholyroar wrote:Any chance to see a an updated patch for Seed is Strong?

It's been updated, unless there are new incompatibilities now. I only checked the files I already patch.

tonso wrote:There's anyway tô merge this with Seed is Strong? Not only compatibility, but using the portraits in the great houses too?

You mean have the great houses portraits use DLC faces? Yes, it's very much possible, a bit of a drag though. Simply have to go over the Seed is Strong portrait files and change them to use DLC assets instead.
unsavory

PostPosted by TheCed » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:28

Northmen and Free Folk portraits not compatible with Congenital Overhaul.
TheCed

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Aug 05, 2017 13:13

TheCed wrote:Northmen and Free Folk portraits not compatible with Congenital Overhaul.

As in the Celtic Northmen portraits made for it or in general?
We both make alteration there so it's going to be one or the other without a patch. I only made the patch for one portrait as that was the only one I was asked to do
unsavory

PostPosted by TheCed » Sat Aug 05, 2017 17:02

unsavory wrote:
TheCed wrote:Northmen and Free Folk portraits not compatible with Congenital Overhaul.

We both make alteration there so it's going to be one or the other without a patch. I only made the patch for one portrait as that was the only one I was asked to do

Actually it's with strong seed that it's not compatible. Your patch is not up to date. All portraits work but the northmen, free folk and ironborn ones.
TheCed

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:04

TheCed wrote:
unsavory wrote:

Actually it's with strong seed that it's not compatible. Your patch is not up to date. All portraits work but the northmen, free folk and ironborn ones.

Strong Seed? Besides it checking for the wrong Valyrian portraits (without my patch) I can find no incompatibility, what so ever. I don't see how it could affect those portraits whatsoever as it does nothing to them (except for Certain Dynasties).
In fact I double checked the patch I updated two days ago. And it's identical to the files in "The Seed is Strong" with the exception of checking for Valygfx instead of Valyriangfx.
I'm sorry, but unless you did something wrong I don't see how that could be possible, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the portraits not working or I'm being stupid for no reason :P .
If so please try to clarify.

Edit:
The thing is I can't test myself, so I might miss something obvious. If you could describe how they're failing to work:
Misaligned.
Not Showing at all.
Showing Vanilla Portraits.
Etc.
unsavory

PostPosted by Lino » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:12

All of the crowns and garbs are offset, how do I fix this?

Right now I have these enabled:
Congenital Overhaul
DlC Portraits
More Bookmarks
AGOT RDU
Strong Seed (which the patch provided on this page)

https://www.upload.ee/image/7323296/bug.png
Lino

PostPosted by Lino » Tue Aug 08, 2017 13:09

Lino wrote:All of the crowns and garbs are offset, how do I fix this?

Congenital Overhaul
DlC Portraits
More Bookmarks
AGOT RDU

Turns out I got it working after deselecting Strong Seed. Anyone got a fix to make it compatible with that mod?
Lino

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Aug 08, 2017 13:43

Lino wrote:
Lino wrote:All of the crowns and garbs are offset, how do I fix this?

Congenital Overhaul
DlC Portraits
More Bookmarks
AGOT RDU

Turns out I got it working after deselecting Strong Seed. Anyone got a fix to make it compatible with that mod?

Are you using the "NEW" or "OLD" version of Seed is Strong? I suspect you're using the "NEW" one, which adds crowns etc. Try the "OLD" one.

Mayonez_kun wrote:9) I made two versions of sub-mod: new and old.
New version has special clothes and headgears for Baratheon Dynasty + headgears for other 8 dynasty(reyne,tully,lannister,arryn,tyrell,dayne,tarth,frey).
Headgears appear only if you are emperor/empress.
But in this reason new version doesn't work with some sub-mods, for example congenital overhaul or other sub-mod, which add new clothes hairs etc. Old version works with them all, but hasn't features from new version.
Last edited by unsavory on Tue Aug 08, 2017 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by Lino » Tue Aug 08, 2017 15:19

Neither worked.
Lino

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01

Lino wrote:Neither worked.

Check in the Congenital Overhaul and Seed is Strong threads. I don't think it's caused by this mod, and I don't currently have theirs downloaded to check.
unsavory

PostPosted by Lino » Wed Aug 09, 2017 14:59

unsavory wrote:
Lino wrote:Neither worked.

Check in the Congenital Overhaul and Seed is Strong threads. I don't think it's caused by this mod, and I don't currently have theirs downloaded to check.

Got it working. Thanks for the help, bro.
Lino

PostPosted by TheCed » Sat Aug 12, 2017 01:48

Stone Dornish (besides Gerold Dayne) and Former Southron have vanilla portraits. Also, why not give better portraits to Qartheen, Dothraki and all the others?

And yeah, activating both 'Seed is Strong' mod and yours, messes up portraits. It displays vanilla ones. Now the problem is with all Dornish ones.
TheCed

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26

TheCed wrote:Stone Dornish (besides Gerold Dayne) and Former Southron have vanilla portraits. Also, why not give better portraits to Qartheen, Dothraki and all the others?

And yeah, activating both 'Seed is Strong' mod and yours, messes up portraits. It displays vanilla ones. Now the problem is with all Dornish ones.

Stone Dornish, Western Valyrian, Former Southron are known, it\s just not been added yet. There are some plans for Dothraki and what not, but there's only so many DLC portraits. Anyway overall progrees on the mod is Slow.
Not only don't I play at the moment I'm mid move and will probably not have a stable setup til at least mid October.

Anyway I gave it a quick look and I can't see what the incompatibility would be. It sounds like something overwrites my culture file changes, which Seed is Strong doesn't touch as far as I can tell. I'll see if I can figure it out

EDIT:
Okay so I changed the culture files to be an override instead. As it had already been written by ngppgn I just put it in the mod instead of replacing the culture files.
I won't update the OP yet, in case I messed up, but give this a try:
Link
unsavory

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods