[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

PostPosted by centaurocubano » Sun Aug 13, 2017 01:53

Hi I'm not very technically adroit--what exactly do I have to do to have this work in my game?
centaurocubano

PostPosted by Minrathous » Mon Aug 14, 2017 17:11

Its the same as any other mod assuming you have installed any before.
Minrathous

PostPosted by Victor1226 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 22:18

The mod CPRplus has very well done portraits, you could try to contact the creator of the mod and ask if you could make some modifications in his portraits and use them in your mod.
Victor1226

PostPosted by TheCed » Sat Aug 19, 2017 09:26

So I've tried using only the base mod with your new override file and Strong Seed, and all portraits work but some Salt Dornish characters like Doran or Arianne Martell. Jon Snow is also vanilla.
TheCed

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Aug 19, 2017 16:48

TheCed wrote:So I've tried using only the base mod with your new override file and Strong Seed, and all portraits work but some Salt Dornish characters like Doran or Arianne Martell. Jon Snow is also vanilla.

All of the characters you mentioned should be handled by Seed is Strong. I don't actually do anything to those portraits at this moment I just make our two mods compatible. At least I think that's what's going on
unsavory

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 13:57

Yeah its a scripting issue alas with Seed is Strong.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by kelleygarret » Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:13

unsavory wrote:
TheCed wrote:So I've tried using only the base mod with your new override file and Strong Seed, and all portraits work but some Salt Dornish characters like Doran or Arianne Martell. Jon Snow is also vanilla.

All of the characters you mentioned should be handled by Seed is Strong. I don't actually do anything to those portraits at this moment I just make our two mods compatible. At least I think that's what's going on

Hey I piggy back your mod to making everyone in Westeros to use the new Germanic portraits from Monks and Mystics, can I have you permission to upload it to moddb?
kelleygarret

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Aug 21, 2017 20:03

kelleygarret wrote:Hey I piggy back your mod to making everyone in Westeros to use the new Germanic portraits from Monks and Mystics, can I have you permission to upload it to moddb?

Sure! :D It's great to see more mods!
unsavory

PostPosted by Damocles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 00:17

unsavory wrote:
kelleygarret wrote:Hey I piggy back your mod to making everyone in Westeros to use the new Germanic portraits from Monks and Mystics, can I have you permission to upload it to moddb?

Sure! :D It's great to see more mods!

Hey Unsavory,

I'm working on a mod that started with yours as a base (and the inspiration), but I've changed around a few things, like making Andal and Valyrian men less bearded, changing some hair colors up, and mostly, I've matched the DLC units to various cultures, so Ironborn, wildlings, etc, all look more appropriate. Also did it with their advisors, and changed the settlement pictures. But it all started with your mod as a base, cause I liked the culture choices you made. I also did a few more changes, culture wise, like giving Yi Ti Cuman portraits, or Dothraki turkish (which combined with the Dothraki hair, looks really good). I've also made a couple semi-custom units (they still use the same animation skeletons).

I'm still working on it, but do I have your permission to compile them together, with credit given?

The gfxs you made that I've liked the most, were the blandals, ironslavic, ugric valyrians, wildlinggfx and norsthman. I left the Northman with vanilla western portraits, cause combined with the dark northern clothing, they actually look appropriately lean and haggard compared to the fleshier English portraits. I used glandal for another culture.

Also. I noticed you made a retinue mod. I've messed around with some retinues too. Some cultures use them, but others I've noticed, such as the freefolk/wildlings, will never hire a retinue, even if its free and free of upkeep. It's annoying.

I'm also trying to make more attractive Summer Islanders and Naathi.
Damocles

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Aug 25, 2017 16:08

Damocles wrote:I'm still working on it, but do I have your permission to compile them together, with credit given?

Well to start with, of course. like I said it's great to see more mods and modders! :)

Damocles wrote:I'm working on a mod that started with yours as a base (and the inspiration), but I've changed around a few things, like making Andal and Valyrian men less bearded, changing some hair colors up, and mostly, I've matched the DLC units to various cultures, so Ironborn, wildlings, etc, all look more appropriate. Also did it with their advisors, and changed the settlement pictures. But it all started with your mod as a base, cause I liked the culture choices you made. I also did a few more changes, culture wise, like giving Yi Ti Cuman portraits, or Dothraki turkish (which combined with the Dothraki hair, looks really good). I've also made a couple semi-custom units (they still use the same animation skeletons).

Awesome! I wish you the best of luck with it! I'll definitely check it out when I get back to ckII ;)

Damocles wrote:Also. I noticed you made a retinue mod. I've messed around with some retinues too. Some cultures use them, but others I've noticed, such as the freefolk/wildlings, will never hire a retinue, even if its free and free of upkeep. It's annoying.

I didn't really make the mod. I just rewrote an existing mod to get it working, as no matter how many times I tried to fix the original files they never really worked wanted to work.

Aaanyway, that's an annoying issue, but in my experience the AI is crappy with retinues in general.
It's been a while since I played however, so it could be better now.
unsavory

PostPosted by Sif » Sat Sep 16, 2017 08:17

I've been trying to find the ALT Files that you speak of in /cultures/ and so far haven't been able to find them. I've been trying to change the Northmen in to Celt's like everyone has been suggesting to do.
Sif

PostPosted by Joron Corbie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:23

Read through the post and being tired and stoned I couldnt find any mention of this so just throwing in something here (if it is already here and I just overlooked it I appologize for bringing it up again)
But shouldnt Cat and Neds kids for the most part have the Riverman DNA? In the books they are described to have the "Tully look" with the exceptions being Jon and Arya.
Guess this is kinda superfluous, might just be me really not liking the Celtic portraits xP
Joron Corbie

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Sep 25, 2017 08:50

Sif wrote:I've been trying to find the ALT Files that you speak of in /cultures/ and so far haven't been able to find them. I've been trying to change the Northmen in to Celt's like everyone has been suggesting to do.

That'd be under interface/portraits not cultures. Alterations to culture is only to change the people of Ibben.

Joron Corbie wrote:Read through the post and being tired and stoned I couldnt find any mention of this so just throwing in something here (if it is already here and I just overlooked it I appologize for bringing it up again)
But shouldnt Cat and Neds kids for the most part have the Riverman DNA? In the books they are described to have the "Tully look" with the exceptions being Jon and Arya.
Guess this is kinda superfluous, might just be me really not liking the Celtic portraits xP

I agree that maybe they should. But it's not in the scope of this mod. I only change what portraits are used by certain cultures, I don't alter the graphical culture or DNA of any existing character.
unsavory

PostPosted by whiskerine » Tue Oct 17, 2017 00:56

When I use this mod it removes the High Valyrian taming and hatching bonus for dragons. Any ideas on how to fix that?
whiskerine

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Oct 17, 2017 23:10

whiskerine wrote:When I use this mod it removes the High Valyrian taming and hatching bonus for dragons. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Something relevant to getting that bonus checks graphical culture is my guess.
I change the name from valyriangfx to valygfx.
So if that is the issue the check needs to be changed to account for my graphical cultures instead.

No clue where to start looking though
unsavory

PostPosted by Rhaenyra » Fri Oct 20, 2017 04:53

tonso wrote:There's anyway tô merge this with Seed is Strong? Not only compatibility, but using the portraits in the great houses too?

You mean have the great houses portraits use DLC faces? Yes, it's very much possible, a bit of a drag though. Simply have to go over the Seed is Strong portrait files and change them to use DLC assets instead.[/quote]

Hello, would someone mine telling me how to do this? Which files should I move where or replace? I'm not very good at this and have been trying for a while but I cant get it to work. Thank you very much!
Rhaenyra

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59

Rhaenyra wrote:Hello, would someone mine telling me how to do this? Which files should I move where or replace? I'm not very good at this and have been trying for a while but I cant get it to work. Thank you very much!

To simply replace them with DLC portraits is quite simple. Go to the culture files in Seed is Strong, and open them up. These will have "graphical_cultures = { } " tags. Put the ethnicity for the portraits you want to use in front of whats already there (See here for ethnicity names).
Save and you should be done!

If you intend to mix things up a bit more, like how I've done it here, it'll take a bit copy-pasting between files.
unsavory

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods