[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

[Submod] DLC Portraits v 1.0.6.1

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Apr 04, 2016 15:16

DLC Portraits

This mod replaces several of the portraits in the main mod with portraits from the DLCs while retaining som of the flair added by the main mod.
This current version changes the portraits of the some Westerosi cultures as well as Valyrians (Elyrians et al. not yet included) and Ibbenese.

Current Portraits:
First Men/Free Folk [Celtic]:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Salt Dornish [Persian]:
ImageImage

Sand Dornish [Byzantine]:
ImageImage

Ibbenese [Russian]:
ImageImage

High and Essosi Valyrians [Ugric + Little Bit of Iberian]:
ImageImage
:!: These are the pure Ugric portraits not the mixed ones, to be fixed :!:

Free Cities [Iberian]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

Eastern Valyrian [Ugric]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

Lysene [Ugric]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

Andal [German]:
*Pictures (Hopefully) Coming Soon*

Alternates:
Description:
So, while making the mod I made a few different versions when testing things out. I figured I'd throw those in for ya'll.

First Men [Celtic CO]:
First Men use hair and beards from Congenital Overhaul, Free Folk still use Celtic ones

ImageImage

First Men [Norse Christian]:
ImageImage

Free Folk [Norse Pagan]:
ImageImage

Ironborn [Russian]:
ImageImage

High and Essosi Valyrians [Iberian]:
ImageImage

High and Essosi Valyrians [Ugric]:
ImageImage

Lysene [Iberian]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

High and Essosi Valyrians [Iberian: Attiris Ed.]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

High and Essosi Valyrians [Ugric: Attiris Ed.]:
*Pictures Coming Soon*

Andal [English]:

Firstmen [English]:

Install:
To install these go to "AGOT DLC Portraits\interface\portraits\ALT" in that folder you'll find the necessary files. Their filtyper are renamed to show which version they represent. Simply change them back to "*.gfx" and then replace the version in the portraits folder (Ironborn have no original to replace). Backup the original if you want to switch back.

To use the eastern Valyrian portraits for Western Valyrians,
1. Go to "AGOT DLC Portraits\common\cultures"
2. Open up "fk_valyrian.txt".
3. Find "western_valyrian = {
graphical_cultures = { westvalyriangfx } # portraits"
4. Change it to: "western_valyrian = {
graphical_cultures = { valeasterngfx westvalyriangfx } # portraits"
5. Save and enjoy change in game.

Also the Norse Free Folk and First Men are a Package deal

There is another "ALT" folder in "AGOT DLC Portraits\common\cultures". Changing file type back to *.txt and replacing the original in "cultures" changes Ibbenese back to Celtic.

I have NOT edited the DNA of any character so I'm not sure what, they'll look like. Anyone make some changes for the better, feel free to share ;)

Some comparison shots of notable Targaryens using the Iberian Valyrians and the Ugric ones, thanks melancholyroar:
Aegon the Conqueror:
Image Image

Aerys II:
Image Image

Daenerys:
Image Image

Maegor the Cruel:
Image Image

Rhaegar:
Image Image

Overview and Requirements:
The default setup of this mod is:

The currently available Alternative portraits are:

Download:
AGOT DLC Portraits v 1.0.6

Seed is Strong Patch

Disabling Cultures:
If there is portrait pack you don't have that culture will show up with blank faces and not revert to another one, this is because I use assets from the main mod as well as DLC resources.

To fix this, go into the folder of this submod, then "interface" and finally "portraits". Rename, move or remove the file associated with the culture you don't want (changed) or is showing up blank. They're fairly obviously named (norseman are the First Men/Wildlings).

Changelog:
v 0.6 First Public release
v 0.7 Fixed Rhoynar not using the Salt Dornish Portraits
v 0.9
    Added the Free Cities (Iberian except for Lys which uses Ugric)
    Added Eastern Valyrian (Not to be confused with Essosi Valyrian) for Elyria et al.
    Changed the Ugric Valyrian Beards to Iberian Beards
    Added Pure Ugric Valyrian in "ALT" folder
v 0.9.1 Fixed a typo preventing the right portraits to be used for certain free cities cultures
v 0.9.5
  • Gave the Iberian Valyrians ALT. an Eastern variation like the Default Ugric Hybrid
  • Gave the Pure Ugric Valyrians ALT. an Eastern variation like the Default Ugric Hybrid
  • Added an Alternate, Iberian version of the Lysene
  • Added alternate versions of the Ugric and Iberian Portraits using the Hairs and Beards from the Main Mod, if you like that or wants to use the hairs from Attiris submod.(Using extension Attiris)
v 1.0
  • Added Andal Graphical Culture using German portraits
  • Added Alternate Andal Portraits using the English Portraits
  • Added Alternate Northman Portraits using the English Portraits
v 1.0.1 Removed Congenital Overhaul files, improved but did not solve English portrait issue [Thanks, armychowmein!]
  • (Hopefully) Solved the case of the English Noses
  • Split all files modifying multiple portraits into separate files, allowing greater customization
  • Added support for eye-patches and masks to all portraits (let me know if the offset is wrong on any of them)
  • Cleaned up some unnecessary lines, improving compatibility.
1.0.6 - Added the offset to the german portraits as well
1.0.6.1 - Actually added the offset to the german portraits as well :P

F.A.Q
Q: I have blank portraits?!?
A: You mostly likely lack a required DLC or do not have it activated in the launcher. See requirements above.

Q: Why do X not look like he/she/it should???
A: I only provide the DLC portraits, I do not change the DNA of established characters to fit their description using the new portraits.

Q: Why do the hairstyles not line up?
A: This is most likely caused by the accidental inclusion of a out of date portraits_sprites.gfx from congenital overhaul. These parts have been removed from 1.0.1 and instead require Congenital Overhaul for the alternative.

Future Plans:
V 1.2
  • More Alternates and new cultures
  • Add Westerosi Valyrian versions of the Andal Portraits
  • Add Stone Dornish versions of the Andal Portraits
  • Solve the Case of the Great Nose Theft of 2017

LancelotLoire for Congenital Overhauls portrait work
The AGOT team for the mod
Paradox for a great game and DLC
Everyone who's provided their input.

Special Thanks to TheCed and Arcvalons who requested a mod like this
TheCed wrote:No this is not distributing DLC. I am talking about assigning DLC portraits to cultures/ethnicities from the game. For example, Byzantine portraits for Salt Dornish, Southern for Sand Dornish, etcetera.

Arcvalons wrote:A submod that lets the main mod use all the portraits from DLCs would be nice, as someone who happens to have all portriats DLC. Valyrians would look pretty cool as silver-haired Byzantines, for example! Ghiscari as Persians, Free Cities as Italian, Dornish as Iberian, Northerners as Celtic, etc.
Last edited by unsavory on Sat Aug 19, 2017 16:36, edited 29 times in total.
unsavory

Re: [Submod] DLC Portraits *WIP*

PostPosted by repbypop » Mon Apr 04, 2016 15:31

Dornish - Iberian and Persian, the sand dornish are too brown in the main mod, it doesn't fit with the book description, i think the Martells are more like Spanish.

The Vale - Celtic
repbypop

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 16:00

MAn I wish there was something we could do for the Valyrians though.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Apr 04, 2016 16:05

melancholyroar wrote:MAn I wish there was something we could do for the Valyrians though.

What do you mean?
unsavory

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Mon Apr 04, 2016 20:12

I think the Ironborn should get Norse, rather than the Northmen, given they are vikings. The Northmen should get Celtic, IMO.

I agree that Dorne should get Iberian portraits.

The Free Cities should get the (new) Mediterranean /Byzantine portraits, with Valyrians getting a silver-haired purple-eyed variant.

Ghiscari people could get Persian portraits.

Dothraki can be Cumans.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Apr 04, 2016 23:52

If I use Norse for the Ironborn which would you prefer, pagan (More braided beards and hairs) or Christian (Minimal braids, simpler beards)? Both pictured below to some extent for First Men/Free Folk.

Edit:
Anyway since I can't sleep might as well show you what I've done so far...

Northman (Christian Norse):
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wildlings (Pagan Norse):
ImageImageImageImageImage

As for using italian/iberian portraits for Dorne would that be all three cultures (+ Rhoynar). You can see for your self what it'd look like by giving anyone with a moraqi graphical_culture a dornish culture sort of like:

I have played around with the "Mixed Valyrian Ethnicities" submod a bit too much :P and have a few valyrian looking portraits ready, so let me know what you think:

Byzantine:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ugric:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by unsavory on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by Absolutego » Tue Apr 05, 2016 00:02

Pretty excited about this since Congenital Overhaul won't be updated. Keep up the good work.
Absolutego

PostPosted by greyworm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 00:52

Woah, I'm a huuuuuge fan of the Ugric Valyrians! I also love the Northmen and Wildlings, can't wait for this to be released! I would like to see some differences between the different types of dornishmen however. The books make it seem like they're actually quite different, so having them all be byzantine for example, would kind of detract from what sounds like a pretty diverse region.
greyworm

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 05:12

WOW I agree the Ugric Valyrians look good. Id personally love the Byzantines as Valyrians but their skin tone is a little too Rhonish for me.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Apr 05, 2016 05:37

I prefer the Byzantine Valyrians myself, I just like the shape of their faces and the hairstyles. But I'm biased since Byzantine portraits are my favorites in vanilla. Maybe show us how Persian Valyrians would look like, if it isn't too much to ask?

As for dornishmen, stone dornishmen should look like Andals, but Sandy and Salty dornishmen could share Iberian portraits.
Arcvalons

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 09:12

The North Ladies have fat faces/heads. Must fix. Make prettier.

And Wildlings. Especially since in the books there are a few lovely Northern Ladies.

And then there's Val.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18

interesting idea :)
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:23

Mayonez_kun wrote:interesting idea :)

I still prefer your Seed is Strong sub-mod.:) It gives awesome hair colors and eye colors and makes the Great Houses different from others.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34

Arcvalons wrote:I prefer the Byzantine Valyrians myself, I just like the shape of their faces and the hairstyles. But I'm biased since Byzantine portraits are my favorites in vanilla. Maybe show us how Persian Valyrians would look like, if it isn't too much to ask?

As for dornishmen, stone dornishmen should look like Andals, but Sandy and Salty dornishmen could share Iberian portraits.

Some randomly generated Valyrians:

Persian:

Iberian:
Last edited by unsavory on Tue Apr 05, 2016 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:47

So the Celtic pack was suggested for the Northeners, personally I'm not a huge fan of that pack. I figured I'd try it out anyway, but while messing about with this I decided to try using different beards/hair for them (From Congenital Overhaul). I ended up with these Franken-CeltsNorthmen:

Randoms:

Starks:
ImageImageImage

Anyway, took a look at the Ironborn with the Russian pack. Turns out I hadn't really looked at those portraits before. That was some horrific stuff :shock:
Last edited by unsavory on Tue Apr 05, 2016 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
unsavory

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:56

Want to use the Old Mediterranean Facepacks for Salty Dornish. REMOVE TURTLE. *HATES DORNE*

Also, any way to combine this and the Seed is Strong? They'd go well together!:)
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by repbypop » Tue Apr 05, 2016 16:48

I think this mod will be awesome, i wonder if you think about changing Stormlands for italian culture, in my mind Stormlander look more like Northern Italians.
repbypop

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 16:56

For Valyrians I prefer pretty much all the portraits (with the exception of Persian which fits more with Dorne) over the current choice. My own personal preference for Valyrians is the Iberian ones though. They are all a tiny bit tan for my taste, but its the facial structure that counts. Consider when you are making them that "the most noble of valyrians were considered strikingly, some say inhumanly, beautiful". Also if you decide not to use Ugric for Valyrians you might wanna consider Ugric for Ibben.

Celtic Pack looks fantastic for the North and is more suited due to the seemingly strong connections of Scotland and the North.

What about changing Ironborn = Norse; Yi Ti = Cumans (Mongols currently look dated); Free Cities = Southern Italian?

repbypop wrote:I think this mod will be awesome, i wonder if you think about changing Stormlands for italian culture, in my mind Stormlander look more like Northern Italians.

Northern Italian might actually work considering they are the decedents of a Valyrian bastard. I personally think that the Valyrians, Free Cities and even Stormlanders should safely be kept in the Mediterranean face packs. Also you may wanna consider the older face packs as well.

If someone wants the Reach, Vale, Riverlands and Westerlands visually distinct, its simply an issue of using different haircolors which the Strong Seed mod does pretty well.

PS: Sorry for the excessive use of italics/bold I just find its easier to read if you are skimming for ideas.
Last edited by melancholyroar on Tue Apr 05, 2016 17:37, edited 7 times in total.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by Virtuemike » Tue Apr 05, 2016 17:20

So pumped about this mod. The Ugric valyrians are simply gorgeous, the iberian ones are really, really good too.

The norse portrait are ugly as fck, they all look the same, they seem like a patch up of facial features, very weird portraits.
The celtic one are not bad.

And that jon snow cracked me up ahah.
Virtuemike

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue Apr 05, 2016 18:05

I vote for the Iberian portraits for Valyrians too, they look fantastc, even better than the Byzantine ones . I guess Dorne and Rhoynars can get Persians then, though i don-t know about Ghiscaris.
Arcvalons

Next

Return to Sub-Mods