[AAR] Brightroar

Feel free to discuss anything not related to the mod or A Game of Thrones here

[AAR] Brightroar

PostPosted by Lemon Curry » Wed Apr 13, 2016 04:34

This is my first attempt at an AAR, so bear with me. I've been lurking in the forums for a while and avidly reading most of the amazing AARs featured here and finaly got arround to start my own.

This will be the tale of the (fictional) "lost son" of Gerion Lannister. For me, one of the most fascinating characters in the whole series, for those who aren't familiar with his story, Gerion was Tywins younger brother who went on a quest to Valyria hoping to find the ancestral sword of House Lannister, Brightroar.

Brightroar

Chapter I

Eight years. It's been eight years since I left Lannisport. I have few memories from back then, other than the smell. The scent of fresh fish and food from the markets and the smoke from the smiths. A stark contrast from the stale air and musky scent of Fishmonger's Square in Volantis where i've spent the last years.
I was but a child when my father came to our house. He told me to pack. We were going on a trip. Mother pleaded
"He is so young Gerion, you cannot take him"
He laughed.
"Nonsense woman, he is almost a man grown, aren't you lad?"
I was so eager. I always dreamed of going on a journey with him and this was my chance. Father used to bring me presents from his trips to the Free Cities, wooden toys and even cast iron puzzles. Those were my favourites. I was always able to figure out my way arround them. I had a good education, for a commoner. Father arranged for me to attend lessons with the local septon. Of course, no one knew I was son of a Lannister, so I never had any luxuries. My blonde hair and green eyes weren't uncommon in Lannisport, and fatherless boys weren't exactly a novelty.

A sudden jerk of the boat caused me to flinch. We're almost there.

Lord Paramount Tywin Lannister, my uncle, has sent for me. Apparenlty, he had known of my existence for some time and found me in Volantis. I met him two years ago. He saw great promise in me and, in return for adopting me into his household and allowing me to bear the Lannister colours, he wanted me to gater intel on Daenerys Targaryen. The King had his spymaster, Varys keeping an eye on her. But Tywin never trusted the Eunuch.

Then a boar killed a Stag, and everything changed...

Robert Baratheon, the King, was dead. His son Joffrey now holds the Iron Throne. After the murder of the Kings younger brother, Renly. His older brother Stannis declared himself the rightful King claiming Joffrey and his brothers Tommen and Myrcella are the offspring of incest between the Queen Cersei and her Brother Jaime. Meanwhile after Joffrey executed Lord Paramount Eddard Stark, His son, Robb the Young Wolf has taken up arms and, with the support of the Riverlands, proclaimed himself King of the North and marches to King's Landing. Seizing this opportunity, Balon Greyjoy of The Iron Isles has begun his invasion of the North, taking advantage of the northen armies absence. Westeros has plunged into chaos.

And so, I am summoned to Casterly Rock.

To be continued
Lemon Curry

Re: [AAR] Brightroar

PostPosted by Lemon Curry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 22:07

Chapter II

I can hardly believe it. It went better that I have ever hoped for.

"Come forward." Tywin Lannister sat at the dining table in the main hall. "I'll make this quick. I have a proposition for you. As you know, the realm is at war. I will be leaving for the Riverlands to face the Stark boy and to defend the Capital. As such I have decided to make you a lord. You will be overseeing the province of Castamere on my behalf."
I was stunned. This was beyond my expectations. "Thank you, my Lord. I shall not disappoint you"
"No. You won't" Lord Tywin said as he stared me down with his cold green eyes.
I coundn't help to notice his guards humming as I left. I knew the tune well. The Rains of Castamere. The irony wasn't lost on me. Nor the threat.

But all that matters little to me now. I have my own Keep and i'm the master of of my own fate.

First things first. As the armies of the westerlands marched on to war. I focused on building an Economic Infrastructure in Castamere, although the province was far from poor, the savage destruction of house Reyne, the former lords, has taken it's toll on both the people and the land.

One month has passed, and turns out, Lord Tywin had another surprise for me. In the shape of a woman. With both of her brothers imprisoned by the boy King Joffrey, my uncle seized the oppurtunity to marry Desmera Redwyne to one of his kin. Me. Obviously I had little say in the matter and so, I complied.

Lemon Curry

PostPosted by sivloks » Sun May 15, 2016 19:19

Pretty good
sivloks

PostPosted by ashira » Fri May 27, 2016 20:48

I'll read more should you ever continue :D
ashira

PostPosted by MagisterBonsai » Tue May 31, 2016 00:48

Continue please! I'd like to see the ending. Off to a good start! ]
MagisterBonsai

PostPosted by Themoonlightsculptor » Tue Jun 28, 2016 18:29

looking good so far I do hope he will be able to face the fury of the north,after all he is just your average genius-beautiful-strong-brave-gregarious-skilled at arms bastard of 16 years old vs robb and his 20k :roll:
Themoonlightsculptor

Return to Off Topic