[Submod] Retinues V2.8

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] Retinues V2.7.1

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Oct 31, 2016 02:18

Worked perfectly fine for me.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:25

LancelotLoire wrote:Worked perfectly fine for me.

Thanks, mate!
unsavory

PostPosted by ngppgn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 15:15

Suggestion: make cultural retinues based on your capital's culture rather than your own. That way e.g. Dany in Meereen can get meereenese retinues. Or even better, allow to hire a retinue if your character or your capital have the adequate culture (so Dany could train both meerenese and westerosi-style retinues).
ngppgn

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Nov 05, 2016 00:40

ngppgn wrote:Suggestion: make cultural retinues based on your capital's culture rather than your own. That way e.g. Dany in Meereen can get meereenese retinues. Or even better, allow to hire a retinue if your character or your capital have the adequate culture (so Dany could train both meerenese and westerosi-style retinues).

This might be nice, I'll give it a look over in my next pass of the mods (whenever that is) :D
unsavory

PostPosted by serdinadan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:13

Seems to be a couple typos in the subunits file. Some of the units have the modifier heavy_cavalry_offensive/defensive instead of knights_offensive/defensive, and thus aren't getting the stat bonus. Also the religious black goat, lorath, and bearded priest retinues are currently available to the seven instead of their respective religions.
serdinadan

Re: [Submod] Retinues V2.7.2

PostPosted by unsavory » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54

serdinadan wrote:Seems to be a couple typos in the subunits file. Some of the units have the modifier heavy_cavalry_offensive/defensive instead of knights_offensive/defensive, and thus aren't getting the stat bonus. Also the religious black goat, lorath, and bearded priest retinues are currently available to the seven instead of their respective religions.

Thanks for the bug report!
All victims of hasty copypasting I believe.
Should be fixed now I think.
unsavory

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Sun Mar 19, 2017 07:45

Hey man, it's been a while since I posted here, but have you given any thought to the retinues I proposed?
loopy_kid

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:11

loopy_kid wrote:Hey man, it's been a while since I posted here, but have you given any thought to the retinues I proposed?

I have, but I'm not actively modding for CK2 at the moment, I don't play the game right now and don't have a lot of time.
Feel free to add it your self if you'd like.
You give credit, you're free to use my stuff.

Also links should be updated.
unsavory

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 04:24

Honestly, if I could, I would. I'm not at all familiar with modding, even if CK2 is very mod friendly. I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to modding.

Thanks for replying and clarifying though. It's appreciated.
loopy_kid

PostPosted by unsavory » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:25

loopy_kid wrote:Honestly, if I could, I would. I'm not at all familiar with modding, even if CK2 is very mod friendly. I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to modding.

Thanks for replying and clarifying though. It's appreciated.

Well, I got back to modding CK2 anyway, so threw together an update. :D I believe it has all your suggestions implemented.
Did it quick so there might be minor problems. Let me know.

I'd also like some input on this idea, potentially for the next update:
ngppgn wrote:Suggestion: make cultural retinues based on your capital's culture rather than your own. That way e.g. Dany in Meereen can get meereenese retinues. Or even better, allow to hire a retinue if your character or your capital have the adequate culture (so Dany could train both meerenese and westerosi-style retinues).
unsavory

Re: [Submod] Retinues V2.8

PostPosted by ngppgn » Tue May 02, 2017 13:35

I obviously would be in favor of it :D

So the current version of the submod is compatible with the current version of the main mod, right?
ngppgn

PostPosted by unsavory » Tue May 02, 2017 22:32

ngppgn wrote:I obviously would be in favor of it :D

So the current version of the submod is compatible with the current version of the main mod, right?

Should be, I've not personally tested it though. '
Unless Paradox changes how retinues work it should always be compatible.
unsavory

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue May 16, 2017 13:02

I experienced retinues not reinforcing properly, but there could have been other things causing it. Didn't have time to investigate more.

EDIT: On further testing, it was just bugging out. Retinue's replinish numbers correctly.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Han363 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:47

The only retinue option for me is temple Guards how do I unlock other retinues? Is this a bug or is it because I'm playing as Yi Ti culture?

Edit: now that I took over Astapor and converted to astapori culture I see no options for retinues at all
Han363

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jun 09, 2017 21:07

Han363 wrote:The only retinue option for me is temple Guards how do I unlock other retinues? Is this a bug or is it because I'm playing as Yi Ti culture?

Edit: now that I took over Astapor and converted to astapori culture I see no options for retinues at all

Not all cultures have retinues, Yi Ti being one of them. If you're a republic the basics should be available anyway.
Temple Guards is the Rhllor religious retinue.
Astapori culture should have one though, even if not a republic. It should also have three specific ones if they are.
No clue why they're not showing up.
Try reinstalling the mod, delete it and download a new copy.

If the problem persists I'm not sure what's wrong.
unsavory

PostPosted by Lathrael » Fri Jun 30, 2017 02:30

Some balance issue here, horse archers use stupidly low amount of retinue cap and cost, probably because it's cap usage and cost are set for horde. A 500 man horse archer unit uses like 125 retinue cap, and costs 18 to create.

I don't know if retinue maintenance multiplier works for cap usage, if not i don't see if it can be fixed without complete overhaul.
Lathrael

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jul 21, 2017 00:55

Lathrael wrote:Some balance issue here, horse archers use stupidly low amount of retinue cap and cost, probably because it's cap usage and cost are set for horde. A 500 man horse archer unit uses like 125 retinue cap, and costs 18 to create.

I don't know if retinue maintenance multiplier works for cap usage, if not i don't see if it can be fixed without complete overhaul.

I have no Idea either. Anyone know how this could be fixed?
unsavory

PostPosted by dhcracker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 21:03

Ok why would retinues build button be greyed out? I'm a high lord and 20 years into the game surely by now I should be able to build them, my cap is like 0/599 and its not letting me build any yet?? Whats the trick I can't research with this got mod.
dhcracker

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Sep 03, 2017 22:13

The retinues are tied to a line of buildings. IE: You didn't build the building
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by dhcracker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 03:02

Yes i did, but I told you wrong it was 0/415 only after I was allowed to have 500 could I actually buy a retinue... took forever its really silly to have them build up so slowly heck you should be able to take them from your normal levies so you can go adventure without all the waiting and unhappy vassals/penalties from levies.
dhcracker

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods