[Submod] Unsavory's Cheaty Tools

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Submod] Unsavory's Cheaty Tools

PostPosted by motiff » Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:27

Is there any way to add a character to an extinct dynasty (i.e. no members alive)? Could this be somehow implemented? I know you do not support this one much anymore, just curious. I would really love a feature like this.
motiff

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Feb 13, 2017 20:06

motiff wrote:Is there any way to add a character to an extinct dynasty (i.e. no members alive)? Could this be somehow implemented? I know you do not support this one much anymore, just curious. I would really love a feature like this.

Yes, but not in a simple way that'd work for any dynasty (I don't think). I believe one would have to do it like the house customizer does (or did anyway, it's been a while since I played). A bunch of predetermined choices.

Want to join a extinct dynasty not in the customizer?

It'd be decently easy to whip up.
But i don't have access to the internet right now (except for some basic access from my phone) hence the late response.

If it's a dynasty accessible through the House Customizer I suggest you use the console to trigger the proper events there.

If it's not and your not afraid of altering the files, open up unsavory_cheats_menu.txt, and add this:
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
extinct_dynasty = {
      from_potential = {
         ai = no
         has_character_flag = cheats_enabled
         is_adult = yes
      }
      potential = {
                       ai = no
      }
      allow = {
         always = yes
      }
      effect = {
         dynasty = *Insert dynasty ID here*
      }
      revoke_allowed = {
         always = no
      }
      ai_will_do = {
         factor = 0
      }
   }

Put it at the top, right after "targetted_decisions = {"
Just replace *Insert dynasty ID here* with the ID of the dynasty you want to be added to.
Those can be found in: "Crusader Kings II\mod\A Game of Thrones\common\dynasties"

Hope that helps as I can't do to much.
I'll try to check back but I don't know how much data I have left, since I have to do everything from my phone
unsavory

PostPosted by motiff » Sun Feb 19, 2017 21:36

Thank you for the reply. The code you provided would only work for a particular dynasty added to the text, would it not?

What I basically meant is a cheat tooltip (or an event) which would allow any person to become a member of an extinct dynasty in-game. For instance, the last female ruler of House Dayne dies, some random guy becomes the heir, I want him to pick up the last ruler's dynasty as their own. Adding a parent from an extinct dynasty would also be great not to mess up the family tree.

The problem there is that dead characters are unclickable, hence you cannot add them as parents via tooltips.
motiff

PostPosted by unsavory » Mon Feb 20, 2017 15:57

motiff wrote:Thank you for the reply. The code you provided would only work for a particular dynasty added to the text, would it not?

What I basically meant is a cheat tooltip (or an event) which would allow any person to become a member of an extinct dynasty in-game. For instance, the last female ruler of House Dayne dies, some random guy becomes the heir, I want him to pick up the last ruler's dynasty as their own. Adding a parent from an extinct dynasty would also be great not to mess up the family tree.

The problem there is that dead characters are unclickable, hence you cannot add them as parents via tooltips.

Yes. That's how it'd work.
And I get what you meant, and I think I know how it could be done, but unless there's been changes to how things work every dynasty option would need to be hardcoded. This of course would severely limit the dynasties it would work for, or demand a massive event and/or decision.
This is how the main mod handles extinct houses for the house designer and why not every tiny house ever gone extinct is available (at least that's how it was when I last played).

Now I had an idea, for the exact scenario you used, with the random heir.
There is a scope that selects anyone that previously held the title. But to make sure it's the right dynasty, I'd need to limit it to the most recent holder, but I don't know how to do that or if it can be done.

The fact that you can't simply add a dead person as your parent is the reason I made the "Ascend" options. Although, they require a living relative to start off.

If the previous holder can be found they can be set as the parent, and options like these used to "adjust" the parentage.

In short, death complicates things.
I hope that answers some questions about it, and was of some help.
unsavory

PostPosted by rastaphasta » Sat Mar 18, 2017 22:13

Is there a new link to download this? the link provided is broken
rastaphasta

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Mar 19, 2017 15:06

rastaphasta wrote:Is there a new link to download this? the link provided is broken

Links should be updated, let me know if they're not.
unsavory

PostPosted by EricJ19 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 05:57

Please add the option to remove years when creating a character like in previous versions. Everything else looks great :)
EricJ19

PostPosted by unsavory » Fri Jun 09, 2017 21:09

EricJ19 wrote:Please add the option to remove years when creating a character like in previous versions. Everything else looks great :)

Huh? I don't know what you mean :?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it. However that was never in this mod, not intentionally anyway.
As for adding it, meh. Maybe. It's low priority though.
unsavory

PostPosted by EricJ19 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 23:15

I would like to create a character with multiple good traits and a young age but its not possible without making him ruthless or adding negative traits.
EricJ19

PostPosted by unsavory » Sat Jun 10, 2017 13:39

EricJ19 wrote:I would like to create a character with multiple good traits and a young age but its not possible without making him ruthless or adding negative traits.

Yeah got that what confused me was this part:
EricJ19 wrote:Please add the option to remove years when creating a character like in previous versions. Everything else looks great :)

Anyway the Age Customizer not working?
unsavory

PostPosted by EricJ19 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 18:31

Yes, age customizer is not working.
EricJ19

PostPosted by unsavory » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:13

EricJ19 wrote:Yes, age customizer is not working.

Gave this a quick once over, can't see anything wrong with it.
So try this:
Age Thingy
It's my personal copy of the age customizer.
I remember fixing it to work with something else last time I played so it might work.
unsavory

PostPosted by EricJ19 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 17:35

Its perfect. Thank you so much!!!
EricJ19

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods