Archives
Spoiler: show
Version 1.2
Mediafire
Dropbox
Version 1.1
Mediafire
Dropbox

Installation: Extract files and drop the Mod folder and .mod file in "My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod"
REQUIRES A NEW GAME DUE TO ADDITION OF NEW TRAITS!

Upcoming Updates/Plans
-Add 'Pure' and 'impure' Traits, Current trait effects will be the Pure trait, while those with impure traits will have slight bonuses.
-'Pure' Characters are those with the same ethnicity and same culture while those who are 'Impure' are those with the ethnicity trait but not the same culture as the ethnicity trait.
-An example of a 'Pure' character would be a Character with the Northman Trait and are also part of the Northman Culture group.
-An example of a 'Impure' character would be a Character with the Westerman Trait and are part of the Valeman culture.
-Work on re scaling and doing a edits to the current trait icons, hopefully making them look a bit better.
-Also add some events for the different ethnicity, like those who are ethnically Northman can have access to the Green Dreams event but also need to be Old God's to get it.
-Finish adding Race traits for the rest of the ethnicities in AWOIAF.

Changes log
Ver 1.2.5 (6/20/2016)
-Added Asshai race traits. Along with them is a early implementation of the Pure and Impure trait system
-Fixed Lorathi trait icon not appearing.
-Change Summer Seas trait stat to +1 stewardship, +1 learning, +.15 fertility, -1 diplomacy.
-Updated Mixed Valyrian Patch to reflect Summer Seas trait changes.
-Change Braavosi Trait stat to +1 Martial and +.15 Monthly Wealth.
-Braavosi Independent rulers also receive a modifier that increases vassal opinion of the ruler. (Braavosi Tolerance)
-Qohorik Trait is now +.15 Monthly Wealth, +2 learning, +1 stewardship
-Declare yourself High Valyrian decision was changed greatly, Now requires 2000 Prestige, Be ethically High Valyrian, and two Demesne holdings.
-Resize the Qartheen Trait.
-Also added in a Maintenance event for characters that start Ethically High Valyrian but change due to High Valyrian culling related events. When they changed from High Valyrian they will receive a trait based on there ethnicity.
Ver 1.2 (5/31/2016)
-Added Summer Seas and Qartheen race traits
-Gave each race traits some 'passive' bonuses (Passives will be in a Spoiler Below.)
-increased Valeman bonus when leading cavalry.
Ver 1.1 (5/22/2016)
-Remove negative general opinion from Wildlings race trait (was -15, now 0) also change martial from 3 to 1.
-Fixed Dothraki Race trait having no Localization.
-Added a new decision where those with the High Valyrian race trait can declare themselves High Valyrian.
ver 1.0 (Initial Release)
-Adds new traits based on your race (For example Northman will recieve the Northman trait upon start of a new game but if you intermarry with a Westerman for example the child can possibly be a Westerman child and will get the Westerman trait.)
-Current Race traits: Westeros, The Free cities, Slaver's bay, and The Dothraki. Will add more of the Races such as the Qartheens and Asshai in Future updates.

Current Race Trait 'Passives
High Valyrian - .15 Monthly Prestige, +2 Learning +1 Diplomacy +15 Attraction Opinion
Tyroshi - +1 Diplomacy +.15 Monthly Wealth
Westerman - +1 Stewardship +15% bonus when leading Heavy Infantry -10% bonus when leading Light Infantry
Riverman - +1 Diplomacy, Fertility +10%
Valeman - +.75% bonus when leading cavalry
Reachman - +1 Stewardship, Learning +1 (Old Town)
Crownlander - +15 Liege opinion (Highly Subject to change, likely won't stay this way)
Andal - Monthly Prestige +.30
Northman - Monthly Piety .25 +1 Martial, +20% when leading light infantry
Ironborn +3 Martial, -5 General opinion, +5 Same opinion
Dorne (Salt, Stone, Sand) +2 Intrigue, +25% Fertility
Wildling/Freefolk +10 Same opinion +3 Martial, -3 Diplomacy
Dothraki General opinion -5, same opinion +5, +3 Martial
Western Valyrian +.10 Monthly Prestige, +5 Attraction opinion, +5 same trait opinion
Braavosi +1 Martial, Monthly wealth +0.15 (Rulers receive the Braavosi Tolerance modifier)
Essosi Valyrian - Monthly Prestige +0.10, Learning +1, Diplomacy +2, Monthly wealth 0.05
Myrman +2 Diplomacy, Monthly Wealth +0.10
Pentoshi +2 Diplomacy, Monthly Wealth +0.10
Slaver bay +0.20 Monthly Wealth, Monthly Prestige +0.15 -2 Martial, +1 Diplomacy, +2 Stewardship
Qohorik - +.15 Monthly Wealth, +2 learning, +1 stewardship
Lynese - Monthly Wealth +0.10, Attraction opinion +10
Norvoshi +2 Martial, Monthly piety 0.15
Voltanene +0.15 Presitge, Monthly wealth +0.10
Lorathi +0.10 Monthly Wealth, Health +0.15
Qartheen +0.15 Monthly Prestige, Learning +1, Martial -1, Health +0.25
Summer Seas -+1 stewardship, +1 learning, +.15 fertility, -1 diplomacy +10 Attraction opinion.
Asshai (Pure) - +10 Intrigue +6 Learning (Arcane Knowledge and Shadowbabies)
Asshai (Impure) - +1 Intrigue +1 Learning

Patches
Congenital Overhaul
Dropbox
Mediafire

The seed is strong
Dropbox
Mediafire

Mixed Valyrian Ethnicities
Dropbox
Mediafire

Compatibility
LancelotLoire's Congenital Overhaul: (Patched 5/20/2016)
Mayonez_kun's The seed is strong: (Patched 5/22/2016)
Nocan's Mixed Valyrian ethnicities: Patched 6/10/2016

Thanks to the AGOT Team for the wonderful mod!
Last edited by Genomega123 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 00:10, edited 52 times in total.
Genomega123

Re: [Sub-mod] AGOT Race/Culture traits ver. 1.0 [AGOT 1.1.2]

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:27

Interesting, the race traits tend to work better for fantasy mods that actually have more than a few races but interesting anyway.
One thing I gotta ask though, what do these traits actually do? In other fantasy mods with race traits like Elder Kings or Warhammer the race traits are used to distinguish between different biological effects like the long lives of elves or the inability for an Orc to have a child with a human but in AGOT none of that happens between just the different cultures of humans.
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Wed May 18, 2016 01:59

blackninja9939 wrote:Interesting, the race traits tend to work better for fantasy mods that actually have more than a few races but interesting anyway.
One thing I gotta ask though, what do these traits actually do? In other fantasy mods with race traits like Elder Kings or Warhammer the race traits are used to distinguish between different biological effects like the long lives of elves or the inability for an Orc to have a child with a human but in AGOT none of that happens between just the different cultures of humans.

Yea currently the traits are just a way of identification of what your children are. Was thinking in a the next version about giving rest of the traits a stat feature like to how valeman currently have a bonus when leading with Calvary and High Valyrians having a Learning bonus. But as it stands the mod is mostly a way to identify which culture your child is going to be.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Lord Ravenstark » Wed May 18, 2016 22:34

Forgive if I misunderstood, but the trait shows what culture the child will be? Are you talking about graphical culture, the one of the portrait? Otherwise the culture would simply be the one of the child's father, or the mother in matri. marriages and bastards.

Or is it more like the caste system traits, with each culture having some attributes? If so, it would be interesting, as such would show more accurately the relationship between cultures in the books. (Instead of a simple different culture malus, a crannogman would be despised by a riverman or a man of the crossing.) Albeit, it would in fact petrify the development alternate story in the game (a game were riverlords and crannogmen ally, and for centuries help each other in war would still have the malus.)
Lord Ravenstark

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Thu May 19, 2016 01:11

Lord Ravenstark wrote:Forgive if I misunderstood, but the trait shows what culture the child will be? Are you talking about graphical culture, the one of the portrait? Otherwise the culture would simply be the one of the child's father, or the mother in matri. marriages and bastards.

Or is it more like the caste system traits, with each culture having some attributes? If so, it would be interesting, as such would show more accurately the relationship between cultures in the books. (Instead of a simple different culture malus, a crannogman would be despised by a riverman or a man of the crossing.) Albeit, it would in fact petrify the development alternate story in the game (a game were riverlords and crannogmen ally, and for centuries help each other in war would still have the malus.)

Traits are given out base on your graphical culture (Valeman have valemangfx and so fourth). Reason why its currently incompatible with mods like Cogentinal overhaul is because it adds new graphical cultures to the mod and in CO the same files are edited so I'm currently patching that (Should be out in the next few days). In vanilla AGOT valeman and andals share the same graphical while westerman, riverman, and crownlander shares the same graphical culture aswell.(Valeman had easterngfx for example and so did the andals if I had not created new graphical cultures andals for example and/or another culture used that graphical culture they would have gotten the valeman trait too.) because of this each of the cultures has individual graphical culture. Hm the caste system is a interesting idea ill look into the details for it since I've nevered played in india before
Genomega123

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Sat May 21, 2016 03:11

Patch Added for Congenital Overhaul
Genomega123

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Sun May 22, 2016 18:39

Patch for The seed is strong added.

If your character has the ethnicity of one of the great houses added by The seed is strong they will get a bonus in a particular attribute (For example greyjoys have +1 martial) and also receive a monthly prestige bonus (piety in case of the starks) plus some other added bonuses such as monthly gold.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Tanitanino » Mon May 23, 2016 00:55

Hmm... which patch should you use if you have both Congenital Overhaul and Seed is strong...? :) :)
Tanitanino

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Mon May 23, 2016 01:16

Tanitanino wrote:Hmm... which patch should you use if you have both Congenital Overhaul and Seed is strong...? :) :)
Just install them both they don't conflict ALSO just updated the Congenital Overhaul Patch link found a bug with manderly and Clawmen
Genomega123

Re: [Sub-mod] AGOT Race/Culture traits ver. 1.1 [AGOT 1.2]

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Tue May 31, 2016 03:40

Race Traits Vanilla works fine with AGOT Patch 1.2 for those wondering
Congentinal Patch fixed, Eastern Valyrians no longer have misplaced hair.

Patch for Mixed Valyrian ethnicities should be out this week along with the next update to AGOT Race Traits which will add the Summer islanders and Qartheen race traits along with an update is a revision to the current race traits, revision will include bonuses for your Race/Ethnicity.
Genomega123

Re: [Sub-mod] AGOT Race/Culture traits ver. 1.1 [AGOT 1.2]

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 03:42

Genomega123 wrote:Race Traits Vanilla works fine with AGOT Patch 1.2 for those wondering
Congentinal Patch fixed, Eastern Valyrians no longer have misplaced hair.

Patch for Mixed Valyrian ethnicities should be out this week along with the next update to AGOT Race Traits which will add the Summer islanders and Qartheen race traits along with an update is a revision to the current race traits, revision will include bonuses for your Race/Ethnicity.

Version 1.2 released Patch for Mixed Valyrian ethnicities should be out this week along with No Mixed Valyrian ethcicities this week.

Version 1.2 adds Race traits to the Qartheens and Summer islanders and others in the summer seas ( African Portraits DLC IS NOT NEEDED FOR THE SUMMER ISLANDERS )

Also considering renaming the mod to "Ethcicities Traits" Considering more I think about it, AGOT isn't a mod like Elder Kings where there are multiple races while ASOIAF only "races" that exist are Dragons, Children of the forest, White Walkers, and Giants which there are only a few of.
Genomega123

Re: [Sub-mod] AGOT Race/Culture traits ver. 1.2 [AGOT 1.2]

PostPosted by anbokr » Thu Jun 02, 2016 00:00

So for compatibility with Seed is Strong we just merge the 1.2 version with the compatibility patch files?
anbokr

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 00:40

anbokr wrote:So for compatibility with Seed is Strong we just merge the 1.2 version with the compatibility patch files?
Well the main mod is (AGOT Race Trait 1.2 as of this post) 100% Compatible with The Seed is Strong, only thing about my Patch for the seed is strong is that it adds Ethnicity traits for the Great houses added by the seed is strong mod (Lannisters will get the 'Lannister Appearance' Trait. OH and to install the Patch, just extract the RAR in the Paradox Interactive Mod folder just like you would with any other mod file. Then tick the AGOT Race Traits (The seed is strong Patch) in the Ck2 Laucher.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Themoonlightsculptor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 15:17

Someone got a problem with them summer islander
Themoonlightsculptor

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 18:01

Themoonlightsculptor wrote:Someone got a problem with them summer islander
Eh what your problem with them? Also do you Own the African DLC? Should not be required.

EDIT:Hm I guess you mean the negative trait bonuses? Yea plan to change it up a bit in a future version for them, might have been a bit extreme with the numbers.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 03:05

Updates!!!!
I have began progress on the Mixed Valyrian ethnicity patch, should be out in the next couple of days : :) :) :)
May/May not implement a beta impure/pure for the Mixed Valyrian Patch.
Also plans for the main mod have been added in the first post.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 20:46

Genomega123 wrote:Updates!!!!
I have began progress on the Mixed Valyrian ethnicity patch, should be out in the next couple of days : :) :) :)
May/May not implement a beta impure/pure for the Mixed Valyrian Patch.
Also plans for the main mod have been added in the first post.

Mixed Valyrian Ethnicity has been patched. 'Impure' and 'Pure' traits was not implemented as much testing is still required.
Genomega123

PostPosted by Samaptrick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 19:20

Genomega123 wrote:
Themoonlightsculptor wrote:Someone got a problem with them summer islander
Eh what your problem with them? Also do you Own the African DLC? Should not be required.

EDIT:Hm I guess you mean the negative trait bonuses? Yea plan to change it up a bit in a future version for them, might have been a bit extreme with the numbers.

The main issue, at least in my opinion, is that it doesn't make much sense for what we know of the Summer Islander's culture.
Samaptrick

PostPosted by Kironos » Tue Jun 14, 2016 15:53

Love the mod, I'll surely use it in my next playtrough. Still, any particular reason to why Braavos gets less bonuses than the other Free Cities? Martial +1 and wealth 0.05 don't exactly seem fair when comparing to Pentos, Myr, Lys, Norvos and Tyrosh. How about a +X same trait opinion to reflect their tolerant nature? Or a + City Vassal opinion?

Also there's Qohor, they only get 0.1 wealth... how about adding +1 stewardship/learning? I mean, those guys are the only ones able to reforge Valyrian steel.

Then there's the Summer Islanders. In the WoIaF they are described as innate traders and explorers, also "The Summer Islanders are a handsome people, tall, strong, graceful, and quick to learn, so they soon became a favored target for slavers from Valyria, Old Ghis, and the Basilisk Isles"... so should they get all those penalties? How about a bonus to stewardship and learning, at the expense of diplomacy?
Kironos

PostPosted by Genomega123 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 18:20

Kironos wrote:Love the mod, I'll surely use it in my next playtrough. Still, any particular reason to why Braavos gets less bonuses than the other Free Cities? Martial +1 and wealth 0.05 don't exactly seem fair when comparing to Pentos, Myr, Lys, Norvos and Tyrosh. How about a +X same trait opinion to reflect their tolerant nature? Or a + City Vassal opinion?

Also there's Qohor, they only get 0.1 wealth... how about adding +1 stewardship/learning? I mean, those guys are the only ones able to reforge Valyrian steel.

Then there's the Summer Islanders. In the WoIaF they are described as innate traders and explorers, also "The Summer Islanders are a handsome people, tall, strong, graceful, and quick to learn, so they soon became a favored target for slavers from Valyria, Old Ghis, and the Basilisk Isles"... so should they get all those penalties? How about a bonus to stewardship and learning, at the expense of diplomacy?
Will change the stats for the Summer islanders and the others you mention above. Reason why Braavosi and others have low wealth scaling is because I don't want random couriters gaining random wealth from the trait over time but since I've done some testing they don't appear to gain Gold if they aren't landed. Summer Islanders will also have a buff in Fertility after seeing this on Summer islanders "The act of lovemaking is considered an important and even holy skill." - AWOIAF They will also have a buff to attraction instead of a negative bonus.

Will also update the Mixed Valyrian Patch to complement the Summer islander update.
Genomega123

Next

Return to Sub-Mods