Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3.1]

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3]

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sun Sep 10, 2017 18:24

Exakter wrote:Works, but the timer/trigger for the hunt/arrow event needs to get worked on.

Thanks for pointing that out. The arrow/hunt event was a quick addition to the mod and hasn't been fully tested. I've looked at the code and deary me, I must've been drunk when writing it. Now its all fixed and should be working properly.

Again, thanks for your help.

SUBMOD UPDATED TO 1.3.1 (HOTFIX)
Turncloak

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3.1]

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 00:08

lol thats cool, I just had 7 wounded kingsguard pretty quickly hahah
Exakter

PostPosted by KeyLockey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 20:45

I have tested the questing system and I noticed one thing when I play with any character that holds land in the realm I can send the Kingsguard questing

Is this intended? or a bug
KeyLockey

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sun Sep 17, 2017 20:22

KeyLockey wrote:I have tested the questing system and I noticed one thing when I play with any character that holds land in the realm I can send the Kingsguard questing

"Fie, my lord! Dost thou thinkest the lowliest of peasats may command the Royal Kingsguard? Fie, I say! 'Tis a bug not a feature." ; )
-------
Indeed that's a bug, thanks for pointing it out. I have updated the links to include the fix, because it isn't much of a 'game breaker' I have kept the mod version intact.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Sep 18, 2017 01:06

hey just some ideas for your mod (and excuse me if you've included a lot of these, I've not had the opportunity to play as much recently)

Kingsguard + romance. - really working on the events here (even maybe editing the base game's romance + kingsguard) would be great. I know I get irritated by the base events regarding romance, basically with my options being "Ignore, Castrate/take the black, or kill" I mean, I find some of the base limitations regarding Kingsguard to be... well, irritating.

Kingsguard removal - should be a lot easier for a ruler to remove a member of the kingsguard, just with negative side-effects.

Kingsguard training - should be easier for Kingsguard to train new/young members. (I get irritated as hell when I get a regent select a trained/skilled warrior whose stats are negligible. )

Kingsguard + treachery - should be more flavor events regarding Kingsguards and their options re: preferences for the iron throne, family members in revolt, etc.

Kingsguard + dragons - this may be controversial, but I think there should be special kingsguard related events with dragons. It'd be really cool to have a KG vs Dragon specific battle for example. (Say the King tries to tame a dragon, fails and gets attacked... what if the KG stepped in?)

Kingsguard + exiled/disinherited heir/dynasty - I could very well see an instance where a ruling dynasty gets overthrown, and some Kingsguard should relinquish their titles and go to protect the old heir/dynasty members. I.e. What if Selmy had left immediately after the rebellion and joined Vis/Dany immediately? Could get a trait "Ex-Kingsguard" or "Loyalist"

Kingsguard + journey with heir to valyria - imagine sending an heir off to Valyria (maybe to recover armor/eggs/dragon/whoknowswhat) with a kingsguard (or two, or three?) in tow.

kingsguard + relinquished title - Imagine a kingsguard renouncing his vows and heading off to be with a lover/etc in Essos. Or deciding that his ruler isn't worth serving.

Kingsguard + tournaments - I could see more tournament flavor, where a kingsguard decides to let his liege win... or purposefully kills a rival of his liege. (similar to what the Mountain did with that squire who got Jon Arryn killed)

Just throwing these out to spark a discussion.
Exakter

PostPosted by KeyLockey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 02:02

Turncloak wrote:
KeyLockey wrote:I have tested the questing system and I noticed one thing when I play with any character that holds land in the realm I can send the Kingsguard questing

"Fie, my lord! Dost thou thinkest the lowliest of peasats may command the Royal Kingsguard? Fie, I say! 'Tis a bug not a feature." ; )
-------
Indeed that's a bug, thanks for pointing it out. I have updated the links to include the fix, because it isn't much of a 'game breaker' I have kept the mod version intact.

Thank you for fixing this.
KeyLockey

PostPosted by motiff » Mon Sep 18, 2017 15:51

Exakter wrote:.

These are great, I think the author should definitely consider at least some of the suggestions.
motiff

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods