Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3.1]

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.1.5]

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 06:13

Soulbourne wrote:This working alright with 1.3?

Was here to ask the same thing! :D
melancholyroar

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Thu Oct 13, 2016 15:26

Tried running it, no issues so far, even got one event of one of my kingsguard taking orphans an stray children to the dungeon to flay alive for amusement because I forgot I had it active when picking guardsmen.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by AzazelSlayer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 06:40

I have a question about this Mod. Does it only work when your the king of Westeros ?. Will it work if say your a Lord under the iron throne and want to check out the white book to see what the kings guard have been up too ?. Or does it only work if your the King of Westeros ?.

Just wondering !
AzazelSlayer

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Fri Oct 14, 2016 06:47

Pretty sure it only works as King. The events are written as you witness them as king.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by armychowmein » Sat Oct 15, 2016 01:31

Soulbourne wrote:Tried running it, no issues so far, even got one event of one of my kingsguard taking orphans an stray children to the dungeon to flay alive for amusement because I forgot I had it active when picking guardsmen.

Aaaand now I'm downloading this submod, immediately!
armychowmein

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Tue Oct 18, 2016 14:55

The events only fire as king, but pretty sure the white book should update anyways-as well as the kingsguard honorability which could weaken or strengthen the king upon the iron throne.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Mirith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 21:52

Cool mod. Really cool. Thumbs up
And thank you. Your mod gave me idea how to add fear mechanics to mod. Just need to write it down.
Mirith

PostPosted by AWildWightAppeared! » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:34

This still being worked on? Because it's a 10/10 mod!
AWildWightAppeared!

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 07:42

Same question here this is one of the best flavor submods and i was wondering if it will be updated to 1.4/1.4.x
Podrick pussy killer

PostPosted by Turncloak » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58

I have tested the submod recently (and from what I can read from other players) it is FULLY COMPATIBLE with the newest version of AGOT and CK2.

Hello,

I am utterly astounded that my mod is still topping the list of submods, although I left it so long ago unfinished. I have recently returned to CK2 and wanted to continue working on the mod, but unfortunately it seems that some of the coding was changed, and from my end the white book no longer properly displays the text.

If possible I would like to ask anyone who is using my mod to tell me whether from their end the text in the white book displays properly, that is they don't see [From.GetSheHe] or [From.GetHerHis] and instead they get normal text "He", "Her', etc. [Some Screenshots would be nice, as there are some events that are gender based, so they will always display He, His, properly]

For the time being this greatly disheartened me, as the White Book was something I was really proud of. If for some reason the problem is not on my side, but is hard-coded into the new updates then I may have to abandon a lot of ideas that are based on the White Book, and just add a couple of fun events and then call the mod finished.

I'm glad you are enjoying my mod,
Turncloak
Turncloak

PostPosted by gekkeman » Mon May 01, 2017 10:45

Always loved this submod. Keep up the work!
gekkeman

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Fri May 12, 2017 05:44

Out of curiousity, turncloak, you still back and interested in working on this mod?

Think MNM included a rather extensive update for modders so that may be whats messing with your code, though can't be sure. If your still here I may be able to scrounge together a test of the mod real quick on those things if you need it still. Really enjoy this mod, even if in the past I've stumbled a bit and got orphan children attacked by a murderhobo kingsguard.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sun May 14, 2017 20:59

Yes, I'm working on another batch of events. Pretty much continuing where I left off. I'm really lazy so the events that should take me like a couple of hours to make are taking now a couple of weeks. But I'm planning to release the next version in like a couple of days time.

In any case, if anyone would be so kind as to test the white book, then you can just fire an event using the console:
"event kotstevents.13 [CharID]"
You can get the "CharID" by typing in the console "charinfo" and hovering the cursor over the portrait of a Kingsguard, the event needs to be fired for a Kingsguard otherwise you won't be able to open the white book and check the text added.

Basically the text should look normally, but most likely it will have the [From.GetHerHim], [From.GetSheHe], etc. woven into it.
In that case I'll just re-write the whole book, and make the text male-centred, so in an unlikely event that you will have a female KG the entries in the White Book will say 'his', 'him', 'he', but won't break the immersion for the other 99% of times.

BTW. How often do you see the events coming up? Do you think they don't happen often enough or they are too often, or just right?
Turncloak

PostPosted by Borderline5 » Sun May 14, 2017 23:16

mate i love your submod for me the events dont happen often enough for me i think you should up the rate that they occur
Borderline5

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Mon May 15, 2017 01:26

Havent played extensively with it for a fair while now, but will try and make the event fire in a bit to test it.

Also, with that in mind, I think the events mostly happen steadily enough, though I admit in the past I've rarely seen a KG member reach rank two of their fame/infamy, but I'd expect that to be normal as it would represent a particularly exceptional or terrible KG member imho. The events are definitely nice though and I think the rate is good for the most part.

That said, having a few extra events not tied to specific members but maybe to the king himself and his direct influence on the kings guard could be nice. Like say a kind/charitable king going out of his way to interact with peasants and forcing the kingsguard to do extra duty as this leaves him super vulnerable. Or a cruel king smacking around one of his guards. These would directly influence the kings guard rep as it would affect their work rate, with the extra attention of the kind/charitable dude making their image more visible and active while the cruel guy will have disgruntled guardsmen more likely to ignore "Minor things". This would add in some extra flavor without causing the guardsmen themselves to be spamming events as much and make the interaction more 2-way imo.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Mon May 15, 2017 01:50

Hm. The white book includes some text popups if I hover over the buttons, but dont get any custom events for the members for some reason. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Wait, forgot, it's a targeted decision. For some reason the event about him being mounted by his horse doesn't show up in the white book, but the other event does in fact have the error with the his/her/etc code.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Turncloak » Mon May 15, 2017 08:57

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. The mod as it is isn't finished yet (and to be honest I might never do all the things I've planned to do), so the KG events that are in the mod now, are only part of what I've planned, so the event rate is balanced towards not happening too often.

What I want to avoid is having the KG honor jumping up and down like mad every couple of years.

Generally the way the script fires the events is not straightforward, because it won't allow more than one KG event in 10 years, but also events that already happened are less likely to happen again (and those that didn't happen yet are more likely to happen next), and thirdly the event rate is dependent on the correct traits within the KG characters. So having more KG with traits that trigger events increases the chance of these events happening right after the 10 year period from the last event.

I won't be touching the one event per 10 years, but I will change the +/- [years] aspect, so events will be more likely to happen a bit quicker after 10 years pass from the last event than they are happening now.

Also I will soon be releasing KG protection events update, that will place another layer of events on top of those already existing. So there should be roughly 3 KG events happening within 20 year period, after that update.

Later on what I'm planning are: KG family events, so the relationship between the KG and the royal family in general, so your wife, children and yourself. And heroic events, which is a targeted decision for the king to send a KG on a noble/heroic mission to improve his skills/honor/gain prestige/item, bring back a lover, discover his homosexuality and many other outcomes including sickness and death. (Something like the raving script but for KG and more civilised.)

P.S. Thank you Soulbourne for testing the white book, it seems that previously the his/her worked because it was an exploit of the system not intended by the developers, so after they patched it up it is no longer possible to use that command within the structure. As I said I will revert the White Book to a male-centred text that only says his/him, etc.
Turncloak

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.2]

PostPosted by Turncloak » Tue May 16, 2017 12:01

UPDATE:

The mod has been updated to version 1.2, which includes 4 kingsguard protection events that have in total 20 unique outcomes! The new PE (protection events) should fire roughly once every 15 years. Also the text of the White Book has been updated and the standard KG even firing rate has been increased slightly. So there should be a lower wait time between each event happening.

You can download the new version using the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsSTc ... sp=sharing

Or from the one at the first page. The changelog and the link to the new version have been updated.

As I am a very lazy person, the next update (if any) will probably happen after a couple of months time.

P.S. If you find any bugs or issues please report in this thread. I will fix them ASAP.
Turncloak

PostPosted by madmike22c » Tue May 16, 2017 18:39

http://imgur.com/a/AU54X

Playing as Aegon in conquest, declared war on the Reach, Farring Cross declared war on me and that event popped up, then after defeating them both and I declared war on the Rock, same event popped up.

edit: Tried it again, playing as Aegon, declared war on Harren and nothing (same as the Reach) but then I declared war on Stormlands while still at war with Harren and event pops up immediately for Argilac.
madmike22c

PostPosted by Turncloak » Tue May 16, 2017 21:02

madmike22c wrote:http://imgur.com/a/AU54X

Playing as Aegon in conquest, declared war on the Reach, Farring Cross declared war on me and that event popped up, then after defeating them both and I declared war on the Rock, same event popped up.

edit: Tried it again, playing as Aegon, declared war on Harren and nothing (same as the Reach) but then I declared war on Stormlands while still at war with Harren and event pops up immediately for Argilac.

FIXED

Thank you very much for spotting this. You probably wont believe it but the error was caused by a missing dot in the script. Because of that the game mixed up the gardener event with another one that apparently should trigger every time the king of westeros declares war.

I have fixed the error and re-uploaded the 1.2 version with the correction included in it.
Once again, thank you for your contribution.

For everyone who downloaded the version with the error with it, just download the new version (link in the main (first) post) and either overwrite the folder with the new one, or delete the old one and put the new one instead.

Happy playing.
Turncloak

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods