Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3.1]

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.2]

PostPosted by madmike22c » Thu May 18, 2017 03:51

Some of the npcs from events don't die when I assume they should. Had the event where the old man stabs you and jumps to his death and the one where the gardener has the concealed knife and the kingsguard slashes them across the face. Both npcs just chilling in my court now.

edit: I think I was supposed to be wounded by one of the gardener events and nothing. Events might happen a bit too frequent too, not sure.
madmike22c

PostPosted by Turncloak » Thu May 18, 2017 09:00

madmike22c wrote:Some of the npcs from events don't die when I assume they should. Had the event where the old man stabs you and jumps to his death and the one where the gardener has the concealed knife and the kingsguard slashes them across the face. Both npcs just chilling in my court now.

edit: I think I was supposed to be wounded by one of the gardener events and nothing. Events might happen a bit too frequent too, not sure.

FIXED

I'm an idiot, don't know how I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out. They both will die now as they should.

As to the frequency I totally re-made the chance of the event happening, so the protection events should happen less often. In the meantime I also added one additional protection event.

The main link has been updated with the newest version.

I really appreciate any comments on the frequency of the events, as I don't play AGOT at all, so don't know how well it all works.

Thanks for your help.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sat May 20, 2017 15:55

PROGRESS UPDATE

So what I've been working on recently is a quest system where you send your KG to do a quest. The system is planned to be about 4 quests, with 3 mini events built into each one of them. So that is 12 events, plus two types of outcome (Success/Fail), so in total 20 events.

So you start by opening a KG menu (You can send on a quest once every 25 years):
Spoiler: show

After that you get a confirmation (which is the same for every quest):

After your KG chooses which quest he wants to do you get the choice to offer him some help, the amount of help will influence the success or failure of the quest:

Then one of four things can happen: The KG can get a bad random event, a good random event, or a very good or very bad random event, which will affect his chance of succeeding at the mission, but also will provide different kind of rewards or punishments. In this case Lord Commander got ill from drinking foul water.

After that a calculation is made (based on the help and random events) that determines whether the quest succeeds or fails, in this case it was a success:

BUT WAIT there's more. Sometimes (either because of the success, or because of one of the random events) the King will receive a reward also, and here clearing up the bandits resulted in better tax income from trade:

I'm not putting any date on the update release because I work on an off and on basis, so sometimes I do lots of work, and then for a couple of weeks I do nothing. So the update will be when it will be.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Borderline5 » Sat May 20, 2017 17:41

this looks amazing man keep up the good work :D
Borderline5

PostPosted by Solid Snake » Sat May 20, 2017 18:46

In one picture there is the trait knight's quest, is this means that the new update won't be save game compatible ?
Solid Snake

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sun May 21, 2017 20:02

Solid Snake wrote:In one picture there is the trait knight's quest, is this means that the new update won't be save game compatible ?

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues when it comes to mods adding traits. The compatibility problem can only happen (from what I know) if you have a save game where characters HAVE a trait, but then the next update REMOVES that trait which is crucial for some mechanic of the game. (Though not in every case that would be game breaking).

The Knight's Quest trait is only there to be able to send the character on "pilgrimage" (That is away from the court) the same way the 'reaving' trait works in AGOT or 'On pilgrimage' trait works in the vanilla CK2.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue May 23, 2017 00:01

I think it does break saves, depending on the trait list. If you change the order of the traits, add a new one in the same file, it "bumps" the number of those below it to X+1, and it screws the save. At least it was like this before.
Helvetti

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Tue May 23, 2017 02:08

Yes, depending how you organize the traits it can mess up the order the game reads them. But I believe it's quite possible to design the traits so that the order is safe and make it saved game compatible. But not 100%
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Turncloak » Wed May 24, 2017 15:51

Helvetti wrote:I think it does break saves, depending on the trait list. If you change the order of the traits, add a new one in the same file, it "bumps" the number of those below it to X+1, and it screws the save. At least it was like this before.

Yes, you are 100% correct, just as Soulbourne wrote above, it is all about the order of the .txt files in which the traits are located in. As long as (and other mods can interfere) the Questing trait will be in the bottom file (alphabetically speaking) then the order of the remaining traits will be unchanged thus it will be 100% save game compatible.

RESOLVED

Ignore the above, there won't be a new trait. I have just realised that there already is a On Quest trait that does exactly what I need it to do. (because I don't play AGOT I sometimes don't know all the things it has in it)

KotST will continue to be 100% compatible with every single mod and every version of AGOT.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Isewein » Thu May 25, 2017 01:55

The Quest system sounds amazing! Can't wait!!!
Isewein

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Mon Aug 07, 2017 20:40

I still have the old normal white book?
CyberFerret

PostPosted by Exakter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 07:14

I assume this doesn't work with 1.5
Exakter

PostPosted by Helvetti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 13:02

Working alright.
Helvetti

PostPosted by Exakter » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:47

not for me i'm afraid. running this plus cog traits and none of the attributes for the kingsguard showed up after years of play.
Exakter

Re: Knights of the Sword Tower [Kingsguard Submod - v1.3]

PostPosted by Turncloak » Fri Sep 01, 2017 13:19

NEW KotST VERSION AVAILABLE!
Tested and compatible with AGOT 1.5

You can download it by clicking here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsSTc ... sp=sharing
Or as always from the good 'ol link on the first page of this thread.

It took me about 4 months to add the few missing lines of code to finish up the KG Questing, which will be a living testament to my laziness.

I have tested the new mechanics, but I do not preclude any bugs and errors in the scripts, thus I kindly ask all to submit any bug reports here so I can take care of them.

The update includes the new Questing mechanics which allows the player to send a KG on one of 4 randomly assigned quests ONCE EVERY 10 YEARS (please don't report that after sending a KG you can't use the questing option anymore).

Every 10 years (not 25 as said in the old progress report) you will receive a reminder to inform you that your KG is ready for questing.

ENJOY
Turncloak

PostPosted by Borderline5 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 13:32

looks good mate cant weight to try it
Borderline5

PostPosted by Turncloak » Wed Sep 06, 2017 08:19

Sorry for the late reply, just noticed these.

CyberFerret wrote:I still have the old normal white book?

The normal white book has nothing in common with the white book introduced by this mod. You can still open the vanilla white book to see who the KG in game are. The white book in this submod is opened through the diplomacy menu for each individual KG. I hope I explained that well.

Exakter wrote:I assume this doesn't work with 1.5

This submod should be compatible with every version of AGOT, past and future, as the only resource they have in common is the kingsguard trait (and with version 1.3 the wlknd trait). So as long as these two won't be redifined, removed, or changed by an update to the original game or by any other submod this should be compatible with everything.

Exakter wrote:running this plus cog traits and none of the attributes for the kingsguard showed up after years of play.

I've downloaded the cogenital traits mod and found no incompatibilities. The 'attirbutes' you talk about show properly (at the game start for the King and Lord Commander) they show for individual KG only when they receive their first 'event'. But if you haven't received any events in years of play then indeed there might be something wrong, alas I cannot say what, as I have found no incompatibilities between the two mods.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Exakter » Fri Sep 08, 2017 18:53

Will give it another try.
Exakter

PostPosted by Turncloak » Sat Sep 09, 2017 14:45

Exakter wrote:Will give it another try.

Great to know. Keep me updated if anything changes, and I hope it will work for you this time.
Turncloak

PostPosted by Exakter » Sat Sep 09, 2017 21:24

Works, but the timer/trigger for the hunt/arrow event needs to get worked on.
Exakter

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods