Season 6 Episode 7 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 6 Episode 7 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 03:07

Well as expected the Hound is back and all the people he was with are dead, shame about that, seems the Brotherhood have lost their way, wonder how that happened, also that guy was Lem Lemoncloak i believe. Confirmation that Margaery is just playing the High Sparrow and the faith like a pro while scheming something. Jaime at Riverrun with the Blackfish was nice and they put some book stuff in too which is nice. Yara and Theon are headed to Meereen for Daenerys. Arya got stabbed which was expected, as soon as i saw the old lady approaching i knew who it was, wonder who will save her, lady crane maybe? Looks like Cersei is going to be on the Warpath next episode which will be nice to see, same with Sandor hopefully, if were lucky he'll dole out some justice on those brotherhood wankers. Frankenbowl hype.

Also they cast Ian McShane well, shame about the Glovers, Good speech by Tormund, is the old Theon coming back?
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 6 Episode 7 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 06:16

this episode destroyed a lot of thing, the Brotherhood would never have attacked citizens, their whole thing is about protecting people. I don't think the showrunners like Sophie Turner because they seem to either like to make her a punching bag or atm making her look desperate and power hungry, I have no doubt that letter she wrote was to Petyr Baelish because she needs to take Winterfell apparently yesterday. They destroyed House Glover, and while I liked his reasoning for not joining the Starks (wife and kids where killed by Ironborn and lord brother was apparently killed w/ Robb as well as the Boltons taking back their keep and giving it to them instead of Stannis) I would have preferred to see some northern loyalty. Where are the clans? should have been the first houses Jon and co stopped at, also would have been nice to see how the Hornwoods and Masons (? I think thats the other house they named) joined. Also House Mormont as well, While I thought the girl actor was amazing the history about the house ruined it for me, Dacey died at the red wedding and was supposed to be beautiful but the child actor was acting like she was Alysanne's daughter or Maeges, whoever she is the child of her mother died w/ Robb as well, apparently she couldn't just mention her surviving aunts? Props to her for being w/ her 62 (?) men at the warcamp, I wouldn't doubt she could take 10+ Boltons alone based on her interactions, she, of all the people in the show, I find to be written the best atm lol. Cleganebowl probably won't happen now that Sandor has a vendetta against the brotherhood, idk how he's going to wipe out the brotherhood and make it to Kings Landing in time to fight his brother for Cersei's trial. Also, Yara/Asha is bi? because "theres no ass that looks that good on the Iron Isles" also idk how gay woman have sex but is that really something anyone says to a girl they are banging? "since it's probably my last time on dry land for a while, i'm gonna fuck the tits off that girl"? I don't get the plan here, go see if the Dragon Queen will take the Iron Isles for you when you know Euron is gonna steal Petyr Baelish's (was rented to Jaime this episode since he got a whole Westerland army and started to siege Riverrun in the span of a show) so all he has to do is sneak into the sloppy camps in the riverlands and take it, have Aeron who is apparenyl on his side fiddle w/ it a bit and have it start spamming ships so he can be ready in a week and send them all to Danny by the end of the season. Euron is going to make the exact number of ships she needs to take all of westeros, why would she accept Yara and Theons deal because they got there first and have less ships than she needs. Also what is it w/ Danny and attracting Eunuchs? seems like every single known Eunuch in the universe is either already fighting/with Danny or on their way (Theon).

one last thing, though Arya didn't die (from a deep slash and two stabs to the gut, really?), I totally called it last week
also while I don't like a lot of what happened in this episode it's still better than any of the earlier ones w/ Ramsey, Thank God he was not in this episode either (3 makes a streak?) lets hope the last episode he's in is the one he dies in.

EDIT: the whole time Olenna was laying the smack to Cersei I couldn't help but feel like it would be the first time she unleashed the Frankenmountain, I was so happy that she didn't but you could tell by the end of Olenna's rant she had gotten to Cersei because it looked like she was crying, realizing she was in fact defeated.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 08:43

Azsouth wrote:this episode destroyed a lot of thing, the Brotherhood would never have attacked citizens, their whole thing is about protecting people.
Could be Beric is dead and either they have disbanded or Stoneheart has taken control.
Azsouth wrote:I don't think the showrunners like Sophie Turner because they seem to either like to make her a punching bag or atm making her look desperate and power hungry,
I keep reading a bunch of people saying that Sansa has become all strong this season, she has gotten owned by Davos without even trying and now Lord Glover, she has lied to Jon about Baelish, i don't see her strength.
Azsouth wrote:They destroyed House Glover, and while I liked his reasoning for not joining the Starks (wife and kids where killed by Ironborn and lord brother was apparently killed w/ Robb as well as the Boltons taking back their keep and giving it to them instead of Stannis) I would have preferred to see some northern loyalty.
He doesn't say his wife and kids died, he says the Ironborn imprisoned them.
Azsouth wrote:the history about the house ruined it for me, Dacey died at the red wedding and was supposed to be beautiful but the child actor was acting like she was Alysanne's daughter or Maeges, whoever she is the child of her mother died w/ Robb as well, apparently she couldn't just mention her surviving aunts?
You should be used to this now.
Azsouth wrote: Cleganebowl probably won't happen now that Sandor has a vendetta against the brotherhood, idk how he's going to wipe out the brotherhood and make it to Kings Landing in time to fight his brother for Cersei's trial.
He could get to King's Landing easy, the same way Petyr, Theon, Yara and Brienne teleport around.
Azsouth wrote:Also, Yara/Asha is bi? because "theres no ass that looks that good on the Iron Isles" also idk how gay woman have sex but is that really something anyone says to a girl they are banging? "since it's probably my last time on dry land for a while, i'm gonna fuck the tits off that girl"?
You'd have to do some research on that.
Azsouth wrote:Also what is it w/ Danny and attracting Eunuchs? seems like every single known Eunuch in the universe is either already fighting/with Danny or on their way (Theon).
That never even occurred to me, why are all the eunuchs going to Danny.

Azsouth wrote: lets hope the last episode he's in is the one he dies in.
Agreed.

Azsouth wrote:EDIT: the whole time Olenna was laying the smack to Cersei I couldn't help but feel like it would be the first time she unleashed the Frankenmountain, I was so happy that she didn't but you could tell by the end of Olenna's rant she had gotten to Cersei because it looked like she was crying, realizing she was in fact defeated.
I was thinking the same thing and just hoping Cersei wouldn't do it, very relieved she didn't but she'll be releasing that pent up anger, and FrankenGregor next episode.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:19

Overall it was a meh episode
Like the hound was nice but too much time had to be dedicated to him and those randoms so as to make us care when they all died to give the hound back his motivation
Blackfish was good, arya was a bit meh and jon seemed to just be failing everywhere, like couldn't get the glovers to support him and instead of saying anything just stood there like a bitch.
I did like Cersei getting completely owned by Olenna and having Margaery show she is just playing the high sparrow
The Ironborn was a bit crap in my opinion, like all it shows is that Asha and Theon have the exact same plan as Euron! Like what how original jeez, would at least be nice to show Euron with the Dragonbinder to actually show his proper plan of getting a dragon even if Dany says no as that will portray him as actually being dangerous so even if Asha and Theon succeed he can still get what he wants to an extent.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Jun 06, 2016 15:33

I haven't watched anything past episode 3 of this season... I read each one of these episode spoiler threads out of curiosity, and yeah.. I don't think I'm going to bother watching any of them now. These writers sound like their tired of making the series and are just going about ruining the entire premise of the story. They don't care at all. And because of that, I don't care at all, I'm done.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Remember to Forget » Mon Jun 06, 2016 18:11

blackninja9939 wrote:The Ironborn was a bit crap in my opinion, like all it shows is that Asha and Theon have the exact same plan as Euron! Like what how original jeez, would at least be nice to show Euron with the Dragonbinder to actually show his proper plan of getting a dragon even if Dany says no as that will portray him as actually being dangerous so even if Asha and Theon succeed he can still get what he wants to an extent.

The Ironborn storyline has been relatively weak throughout the entirety of the television show. I think it's pretty clear now, especially given the fact that it now appears next season will only have 7 episodes and the 8th and final season will also be fewer than 10 episodes, that much of the Ironborn stories from the book are being cut or heavily altered. This makes sense, the show has to begin bringing things together and this season is moving swiftly to consolidate storylines to make for the final two, tighter seasons. I'm fine with this.

I think Euron Greyjoy will be much less significant in the show and don't expect the Dragonbinder to make an appearance at all - an unnecessary obstacle to inevitably overcome at this point with so little time left. Euron's rise to power seems more of a means to push Yara and Theon, and those Ironborn loyal to them, to take their eyes off Westeros and the Boltons for the moment and push them to bring a fleet and loyal Westerosi to Daenerys. Rather than posing another obstacle to Daenerys, which is fine for the books but is becoming tedious for a television show that is moving towards bringing the real 'big stories' to the forefront for the final two, shorter seasons (those stories being Daenerys' 'invasion' of Westeros and the invasion of Westeros from the north by the Night King). Rather than Daenerys having to now fight the Ironborn and grapple with almost losing her dragons again before finally getting the fleet she needs from the Ironborn she can return to Meereen with her Dothraki and newfound control of her dragons, join with the more friendly Yara and Theon and finally get on with it.

So yeah, I don't think Euron is going to be the presence or threat in the show that he is in the book, I don't think Dragonbinder is going to be introduced and I think the show (not the books) will be better for it. I'm guessing we'll see Daenerys, the Unsullies, the Dothraki, the Ironborn, etc. leave Meereen for Westeros either in the finale or the first episode or two of next season.
Remember to Forget

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08

"The North Remembers,"

"Hmmh,"

"We do, I swear it by the Old Gods... and the ruddy new,"

"Uh huh"

"... Yeah, we don't actually remember, do we?"

"Nnnope"
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:05

No Episode 8 I take it?
You can find my many mods here
My Paypal link if you want to send me some money for whatever reason.
Literary World of Goshen
Goshen Sagas Group - Newly Open Goshen Sagas Reddit
SinStar87

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:48

SinStar87 wrote:No Episode 8 I take it?

Oh bugger, i forgot, think their is much point in it now?
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 15:03

Not really, after 7 weeks it had become abit of a habit.
You can find my many mods here
My Paypal link if you want to send me some money for whatever reason.
Literary World of Goshen
Goshen Sagas Group - Newly Open Goshen Sagas Reddit
SinStar87

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Fri Jun 17, 2016 00:05

SinStar87 wrote:Not really, after 7 weeks it had become abit of a habit.

Yeh, the problem is i didn't watch it live on Monday, i watched it with a friend and we hung out after it so i completely forgot, because normally i go straight to the computer and start the new thread.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by grizzly95 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 06:23

Just a thought from both E7 and E8, any chance that was the shows version of Lem Lemoncloak? Just curious, im halfway through Storm of Swords, seems like that's the only guy that could be. Shame if it was, im kinda liking Lem in the books.
grizzly95

PostPosted by EDAP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 07:13

grizzly95 wrote:Just a thought from both E7 and E8, any chance that was the shows version of Lem Lemoncloak? Just curious, im halfway through Storm of Swords, seems like that's the only guy that could be. Shame if it was, im kinda liking Lem in the books.

According to someone from the show (possibly the actor himself, who is a book fan it seems) that was meant to be Lem Lemoncloak.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Fri Jun 17, 2016 08:17

grizzly95 wrote:Just a thought from both E7 and E8, any chance that was the shows version of Lem Lemoncloak? Just curious, im halfway through Storm of Swords, seems like that's the only guy that could be. Shame if it was, im kinda liking Lem in the books.

Take heart friend, book Lem and show Lem may be very different.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by grizzly95 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 02:59

No worries on that front. I know the books and the show are completely different, that's why i am reading the books now :) (Probably best i stumbled on the show first rather than the books. Can't be disappointed by the show so easily)

Just thought i'd point it out, thought of it the other night when i was reading some.
grizzly95

Return to Story and Lore