AGOT Overhaul v1.21 (w/ Valyrian Magic)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Overhaul v1.21 (w/ Valyrian Magic)

PostPosted by yoloswaggins » Wed Jul 06, 2016 14:21

I have a problem, when I start with the Beggar King bookmark, i play as Aemon not Vyserys, wtf?
yoloswaggins

PostPosted by SerTwenty » Wed Jul 06, 2016 17:05

There seems to be an issue with the dragon rider titular titles. When the dragon rider dies the title is inherited by a newly generated character of the same dynasty as the dead dragon rider which breaks the dynasty tree of that family. The issue then occurs again when the inheritor dies causing more and more random characters to be added to a dynasty which is very annoying especially for dynasties that have multiple dragon riders.
SerTwenty

PostPosted by Draakje79 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 18:07

Kiddterra wrote:So does this mod work with 2.5.2.2 or not? I seem to get mixed messages from people.

Well the mod does work but while I normally do not experience any crashes without this mod, when I try to play WITH this mod and I mean start a new game with it, I get crashes quite soon in the game which leads me to the conclusion that the game is unstable with this mod.
Draakje79

PostPosted by Aranoxx » Thu Jul 07, 2016 03:19

Hello I have been having a problem that I have narrowed down to this mod. Playing as either a male or female character all marriages arranged by the player will be cancelled. Not like the script in the vanilla CK2 where it cancels because of the inheritance. The marriage will be accepted, and a message will appear that there is no one to pay the dowry as if you married a commoner or your own kin, even if there should be a dowry, then the marriage goes through, stays for a while and then gets canceled with no message at all. The same thing will happen if I use the debug "force marry" option. I am running Ck2 2.5.2.2, my mod list is below. Thank you for this mod, btw. It is excellent and I look forward to finally being able to play it properly. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Spoiler: show
AGOT 1.2
AGOT More Decisions
AGOT Colonise Valyria
AGOT Overhaul 1.21
Flamequeens ultimate building submod
Knights of the Sword Tower
Sins' Personal Armor
Sins' Royal Progress
Wolflings for A Game of Thrones
Aranoxx

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 07:08

Aranoxx wrote:Hello I have been having a problem that I have narrowed down to this mod. Playing as either a male or female character all marriages arranged by the player will be cancelled. Not like the script in the vanilla CK2 where it cancels because of the inheritance. The marriage will be accepted, and a message will appear that there is no one to pay the dowry as if you married a commoner or your own kin, even if there should be a dowry, then the marriage goes through, stays for a while and then gets canceled with no message at all. The same thing will happen if I use the debug "force marry" option. I am running Ck2 2.5.2.2, my mod list is below. Thank you for this mod, btw. It is excellent and I look forward to finally being able to play it properly. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Spoiler: show
AGOT 1.2
AGOT More Decisions
AGOT Colonise Valyria
AGOT Overhaul 1.21
Flamequeens ultimate building submod
Knights of the Sword Tower
Sins' Personal Armor
Sins' Royal Progress
Wolflings for A Game of Thrones

Are you High Valyrian and/or arranging marriages for High Valyrians?

- High Valyrians are prohibited from marrying, concubining, or betrothing to non-high Valyrians
Aszrayel

PostPosted by Helvetti » Thu Jul 07, 2016 13:19

SerTwenty wrote:There seems to be an issue with the dragon rider titular titles. When the dragon rider dies the title is inherited by a newly generated character of the same dynasty as the dead dragon rider which breaks the dynasty tree of that family. The issue then occurs again when the inheritor dies causing more and more random characters to be added to a dynasty which is very annoying especially for dynasties that have multiple dragon riders.

Having this problem as well (Aegon the Conqueror Scenario)
Helvetti

PostPosted by Aranoxx » Thu Jul 07, 2016 14:08

Ah I see, I can't believe I missed that. I feel like that is a very un lore friendly feature, but I definitely see where the mod author is coming from with AI targs. Sorry about the mix up, very great mod.
Aranoxx

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Jul 07, 2016 18:19

This seems to be incompatible with RDU, which is a pretty big shame. I'd far rather start as a Lann the Clever or Bran the Builder of a new Valyria than a Targaryen or Blackfyre or Volantene or Northern Valyrian that goes mad enough to colonize. A bit of a disappointment for sure, hopefully it'll be an easy fix. The mod looks otherwise great so far, keep it up!

I also have a question regarding future development. If the main mod replaces the current Valyrian house flags as they've talked about doing before, will you plan on using those? I'm currently only seeing black flags, and I'm not sure if it's the Overhaul or something else that's effecting that, but functioning flags would be fantastic.
Lord Audiate

Re: AGOT Overhaul v1.2 (w/ Valyrian Magic)

PostPosted by Alvis14 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 17:32

Draakje79 wrote:
GoTfanboy wrote:
SBerger wrote:So I noticed how (I think it's with this submod) that dragon riders get their own titular title, and I can see how this is a good thing so Aegon's sisters don't go on adventurer conquests. This, however, is causing hell with the Targaryens and their customs. In my game, Aegon had a pretty high fertility, and so have the dragons. Each of his children rides a dragons, meaning they each have their own dragon rider titular title. But now, it's impossible to have the children marry one another, and each time I console to the Prince of Dragonstone to arrange a marriage with someone, he instantly breaks that. Though I have not used the "Marry Target" thing yet, so this may fix that. I just don't feel like going back to the Targaryens to force them to marry so their dynasty doesn't end after generation one of ruling Westeros.

Well...The sole purpose for this was to enable way of life focus' for dragon riders. However, I can easily remove it if its ruining your games. I hadn't had a game with fertile dragons yet so I haven't see this explode within my dynasty.

Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what I need to improve the mod.

Yes please. I always have games where I try to create as many dragonriders I can, if this messes with marriages then please remove it.

I can only agree with that, this the only problem of this submod. It's a shame as it's the best submod IMO.

In my game, Targaryen family tree doesn't exist anymore as the title is not deleted when Visenya (for instance) dies and her heir is a newly created Targaryen. Those titles are really messing up with game. Maybe you could create a targeted decision to decide if we want to give the dragonlord this titular title.
Alvis14

PostPosted by Alayusas » Sat Jul 09, 2016 18:48

Well, hello again, I've removed the landless events and also the retinue files and the game seems more stable, made the empire of valyria, and since dragonmont is not in dragonstone, I believed you could build it, had capital at valyria etc, and still could not build it.

I've also made two new saves and downloaded the mod again, and no news, is there anything I'm missing?

PS: Great mod, hope you can make it bigger
Alayusas

PostPosted by hartnettsm » Sun Jul 10, 2016 19:44

Just wondering if the OP could officially clarify what mods he knows are incompatible with this mod. I LOVE that it stabilizes and improves on a colonized valyria AND that it does so much in terms of the valyrian faith and empire. Just wish i knew which mods I have I can use with it. I really enjoy using SinStar's mods, Congenital Overhaul, and personal castle and trying to do process of elimination is proving unbelievably time consuming (since I am not one gifted in coding and modding)
hartnettsm

PostPosted by BangBang45 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 21:39

Is this mod compatible with Dragon of the East submod? because I' am getting alot of crashes
BangBang45

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Mon Jul 11, 2016 00:13

It doesn't work with Dragon of the East at the moment, there's too many conflicting issues between the two, due to both having changes on the titles, holdings, and so on. It's definitely a shame that they aren't.
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by GoTfanboy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 21:32

I'm nearly done with the next version which fixes all the issues discussed, and has new features. Just waiting on a reply to a bug report.

I will also be including a save game "scenario " that has been carefully balanced and setup to play from the bleeding years.
“... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
GoTfanboy

PostPosted by Janahi of Asshai » Wed Jul 13, 2016 13:45

GoTfanboy wrote:I'm nearly done with the next version which fixes all the issues discussed, and has new features. Just waiting on a reply to a bug report.

I will also be including a save game "scenario " that has been carefully balanced and setup to play from the bleeding years.

If you don't mind me asking, will this fix the 'unmarriage' bug? I'm playing as Rhaegar and the game won't let me have Lyanna...it keeps unmarrying her to me and sending her to The North.
Janahi of Asshai

PostPosted by derrae » Wed Jul 13, 2016 18:37

It would be nice if you could tell us which submods are compatibile with this one? Congenital, Strong Seed, etc.?
Also, I'd like to know wether Valyria Unbroken (topic11646.html) does not conflict with this mod.
derrae

PostPosted by WrathOfHircine » Sun Jul 24, 2016 23:42

What happened to Dragonmount? I have dragonstone as my capital and can't store eggs.
WrathOfHircine

PostPosted by WrathOfHircine » Mon Jul 25, 2016 03:10

And could you please remove dragon rider titles. They mess up the dynasty tree, count for too many held duchies and ruin marriages between siblings.
WrathOfHircine

PostPosted by Vaud » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:44

Some sort of Lite Version, with compatibility to Dragon of the East and maybe other mods would be really nice.

btw. way are you guys don't work together to build the most epic valyrian mod out there?

edit1: can you tell me with files i need to edit/extract to get the no culling and exclusive high valyrian marriage done only?
Vaud

PostPosted by Aranoxx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 01:07

Janahi of Asshai wrote:
GoTfanboy wrote:I'm nearly done with the next version which fixes all the issues discussed, and has new features. Just waiting on a reply to a bug report.

If you don't mind me asking, will this fix the 'unmarriage' bug? I'm playing as Rhaegar and the game won't let me have Lyanna...it keeps unmarrying her to me and sending her to The North.

It isn't a bug, I thought the same thing. It's to prevent AI targs from diluting their blood or something. There is a way to disable it, which is what I did. Read the earlier replies in the thread, one of them tells you how to do it.
Aranoxx

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods