Season 6 Episode 9 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 6 Episode 9 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 03:36

Well, that was quite an episode, certainly a step up from last week, sad deaths being Wun-Wun and Rickon though i care more for Wun-Wun than Rickon, brilliant moment when Ramsay was getting the shit pummeled out of him by Jon, and that final scene where he is powerless and knows it, he doesn't smirk as his dogs get closer, you can see the fear and nervousness and then he dies just the way he should, in tremendous agony. Nearly lost it when Umber was beating on Tormund, very happy when Tormund ripped his neck open then started stabbing him in the face, jesus these wildling's sure are gory, but Umber's death was nice especially since he wasn't part of the Grand Northern conspiracy and is the reason Rickon is dead. next episode we get to see what will happen to Melisandre after Davos reveals she burned Shireen, honestly i expected him to kill her himself, should've known better, he's too honourable for that, but he is still pissed. Oh and of course great to see the Dragons in action in Meereen, finally. And Daenerys making that pact with Asha/Yara, i don't think yara will be keeping her end...

Also, next episode Petyr goes full pedophile, Cersei and Loras have their trials, that should be interesting (BURN THEM ALL) and Daenerys wistfully looks into Dario's eyes.
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 6 Episode 9 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 20, 2016 03:50

I was watching this episode w/ my parents, when Wun-Wun went down my mom was like "He's ok he has all those heavy furs on" and my dad turned to her and was like "are you nuts? look at all those arrows in him", that shot to the eye was a killer though. as for Rickon it was expected, Sansa even said as much, the way it happened was pretty gruesome though and made my mom chant "I want that guy to die" the whole episode.

I was kinda hoping the Smalljon and Jon Snow fought 1v1 but instead Tourmund got him, which I was fine w/ as long as Tormund didn't die

I didn't see what happened to Lord Karstark, I know he was there behind Ramsey at the beginning but didn't see him after Ramsey retreated

I expected Davos to lose his shit on Mel this episode after realizing what happened to Shireen, idk how he fought the battle knowing that.

The battle of fire was pretty epic and I'm ok w/ how it turned out, the Dothraki coming in and killing the token harpies and the 3 dragons roasting a ship, was kinda hoping for the Greyjoys to come in and actually fight ship to ship that way Danny would feel obliged to help them, either way I think she's doing the right thing and siding w/ Theon and Asha/Yara, also why didn't Theon tell them that he is missing his cock when Tyrion was grilling him? That would have shut him right up as the bro-code (and Tyrions personality where he wishes he could prey w/ his own cock) wouldn't allow him to keep talking down to him like that. Maybe one of the red-priests can grow it back O.o.

we know Bran is on his way back but I kinda hope Jon gets to keep Winterfel and the North, idc about Petyr, we all knew it was comming, Sansa will probably just kill him as well. Also since he pissed off Bronze Yohn I doubt the army will care if she does kill him. I am interested to see how the trials turn out though, I really hope they don't go the route of Cersei blowing up the city just because, but that would be totally within her nature.

also wtf happened to the North Remembers? 3 small houses fight w/ Jon while 2 major houses fight w/ Ramsey, where the hell was everyone else?

in all my dads exact words at the end of the episode reflect my feeling about it as well "Best episode ever" and "that was intense"
Azsouth

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 04:41

The whole "Umbers fighting for the Boltons" was flimsy and used entirely for the plot i feel. Smalljon said himself the reason he was helping Ramsay is to protect his lands from the Wildlings, the Wildlings that posed no threat to him because they were fighting for Jon. The whole point of making the Umbers ally with the Boltons would be to get Rickon under Ramsay's control so that the writers could kill him, because otherwise it's just stupid.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by grizzly95 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 06:37

I'm utterly pissed that they didnt used this "Small Jon Umber" character of the shows to represent the two halves of the Umbers in the books (Mors and Hother) when it comes to Stannis in the books. I was praying that when Jon & co were surrounded it would be the Umbers that stabbed the Bolton spearwall in the back as the "North Remembers" moment, that and the utter disappearance of the Manderley's besides a few mentions as far as ravens go.

They got Hornwood men, what is the excuse for not having White Harbor men?

That said, great episode. The "Bastard Bowl" itself was the best medieval fight scene i have ever seen in a movie/show, and the Knights of the Vale swooping in to win the day was cool to see. Wun Wun breaking down the gate for the remaining men of Jon's army was awesome as well, but very unfortunate about Wun Wun :'(. Ramsay's death scene was utterly perfect. Took everything away from him in a few seconds, and finally, at long last, House Bolton is dead. Now just for House Frey.

I expected Rickon's death, he really has been nothing but a plot piece to this show, whereas i feel he will play a much larger part in the books (that i have yet to read and yet to come). Smalljons ending was fitting, was hoping Jon would get to do the deed myself but oh well, the Tormund kiss was nice since as Dawnbreaker said, the Umber's were only there cause of the wildlings.

This sets it up pretty good hopefully for Tower of Joy part II next episode hopefully. Burying Rickon in the crypt's makes me believe the theory that Jon will find out his parentage down there.

All said, this definitely makes up for last week.

EDIT: I also expect Littlefinger to die, maybe not next episode, but he will set himself up for it by the end of next (truncated) season. I don't think the answer to the question posed in the previews of what he want's will be Sansa, but "power", turning her against him permanently.
grizzly95

PostPosted by Flamequeen » Mon Jun 20, 2016 07:20

Holy shit, what a great episode.

As soon as I heard Drogon roar I knew the masters were f**ked. The look on their faces when Dany climbs onto Drogon. :D
Dany's certainly not the best ruler out there and some of the things she has done are quite questionable but the Masters got everything they deserved. Slavery is f**king horrible. And I get the feeling that Yara and Dany are going to become more than just 'allies' if you get my meaning. ;)

The big battle was also great and I was beginning to doubt if Mr Creepy 'I love you because you look like your mother' Littlefinger was going to show up with his army; but luckily he did and that's probably the first time I was glad to see his scheming face. It was so poetic when Jon beat Ramsey and then Sansa let him be torn apart by his own hounds (although I wish Sansa had skinned him alive and tortured him, maybe cut off his cock and fed it to him. But you can't have everything :) ).

I think Littlefinger will die by the end of this season. Maybe the first few episodes of next season. Either way his days are numbered now thanks to the new Sansa. Cersei and Jaime will survive, Euron will probably be eaten by Drogon when he shows up and Dany'll steal his ships and men, The Hound will survive the show (like he said: he's hard to kill). The Freys will all die now thanks to the North being back in Stark hands and yeah I'm rambling :oops:

I'm just so happy that the good guys have won for once...well okay the STARKS have won for once (Rickon's death was bad but we never saw enough of him to become attached to him). Davos won't kill Melesandra but I think he'll confront her and force her to admit to burning Shireen. Okay I'll stop now but what a great episode!
'To be or not to be? That is the question' - Shakespeare
Flamequeen

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 07:36

Flamequeen wrote: and yeah I'm rambling :oops:
Ramble away, that's what this thread is for.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by armychowmein » Mon Jun 20, 2016 08:40

Curious, who's going to be named lord of the Dreadfort? Tormund? The Flints?
armychowmein

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 08:44

Haha! Oh my God, Tormund of House Giantslayer, 1st of his name lord of the Dreadfort.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 09:01

You forgot "The Bearfucker"
ex astris scientia, ex scientia vera
My Steam profile - if you want to get a hold of me personally or peruse my links and groups.

My many mods

Goshen Sagas Mod
SinStar87

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 20, 2016 09:33

Lady Mormont deserves it for being one of the few lords that showed up, could go to a random Hornwood also, or Mason/Mazon (or w/e), but I think w/ the Starks now getting all their lands back as well as the Boltons and probably taking away the Umbers and Karstarks land theres plenty of land to give out so I don't see why Tormund, Davos, and any other leading wildling chieftan wouldn't be getting lands, they also still have the gift which Jon gave them last season.
Azsouth

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:48

I'm curious about what they'll do with Jon now. He doesn't really have a place of his own anymore.
My Steam profile - if you want to get a hold of me personally or peruse my links and groups.

My many mods

Goshen Sagas Mod
SinStar87

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:23

SinStar87 wrote:I'm curious about what they'll do with Jon now. He doesn't really have a place of his own anymore.

Sin, we are about to find out his place, on the Iron Throne... All Hail King Jon Targaryen first of his name!
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:28

You really think Dany would step down for him, even if it were true and she believed it? Dany has dragons, Dragons>Armies>Claims. Dany's sitting on that Throne through fire and blood.

Spoiler: show
Howland Reed: "Wait, wait! I have to tell you something!"
"Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyana. You're family, don't fight!"
Jon: "Wait, so my mom is Lyana?? Why didn't Ned tell me, or his wife for that matter. You know how horribly she treated me because she thought Eddard was my dad? She prayed for my death as a baby FFS!"
Dany: "Oh that's nice, now bow down to me."

My many mods

Goshen Sagas Mod
SinStar87

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:53

SinStar87 wrote:You really think Dany would step down for him, even if it were true and she believed it? Dany has dragons, Dragons>Armies>Claims. Dany's sitting on that Throne through fire and blood.

Spoiler: show
Howland Reed: "Wait, wait! I have to tell you something!"
"Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyana. You're family, don't fight!"
Jon: "Wait, so my mom is Lyana?? Why didn't Ned tell me, or his wife for that matter. You know how horribly she treated me because she thought Eddard was my dad? She prayed for my death as a baby FFS!"
Dany: "Oh that's nice, now bow down to me."
I didn't say that. Daenerys is a whole other matter.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07

Yeah I know what you are saying. But point is, Dany is, I hope to God cause it is taking forever, they had to have the worst Tyrion scenes because of Essos, about to head back to Westeros, so the IT isn't Jon's place either. If they make him Lord of Winterfell, that just negates Sansa entirely. Targ or Stark, as I see it, his option is really just to pull a Blood Raven and serve as a loyal advisor/commander to his Kin. Bit of a let down after being a Main Character POV for so long.

My many mods

Goshen Sagas Mod
SinStar87

PostPosted by Max14354 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:52

Am i the only one who was rooting for the Boltons? He is my favourite character...
Max14354

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 17:24

Max14354 wrote:Am i the only one who was rooting for the Boltons? He is my favourite character...

Yes, get out.

I thought it was an amazing episode personally.
I thought how they dealt with Meereen was pretty good and I liked the Dany and Yara sisterhood going on. Only thing I dislike is how the Dragons have somehow become to quote D&D "near fully grown" in such a short span of time but eh it is not too big of a deal I guess as it just makes for some easier story telling.

The entire Bastardbowl itself was also really well done, kinda dislike how Rickon was just used as a plot piece by the show but he got a decent death so I will allow it. I still don't get why there were so few houses fighting each side and the whole "The North Remembers" stuff... but the fight was epic and I loved Tormund just going ape shit and biting out the neck and shiving the hell out of that dude who was from some house can't remember which (think it was Karstarks or Umbers). Hella sad that Wun Wun died but it was kind of something I saw coming as he would just be too strong of a weapon for Jon to have.

I loved how Ramsay got dealt with by Jon and how he finally got killed by Sansa and in his last moments he knew how utterly powerless he was and showed genuine fear.

Overall amazing episode, probably the best of the season imo

Trailer for episode 10 was meh, excited to finally see the faith trials but also very disappointed we aren't gonna get the Cleganebowl... Jon and Sansa heart to heart over the Vale troops and Baelish going full on pedophile which is gonna be a bit weird to watch I imagine.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:08

Hoping Sandor Clegane and the Brotherhood do the teleport travel method and cut Littlefinger's cock off and shove Littlefinger's littlefinger down his throat.

Not much of a Sansan supporter- even though I understand it- but Sandor's a way better choice than Littlefinger and useful as a choice for Sansa's necessary matrilineal marriage which I hope D&D don't derp with and forget that Jon cannot inherit shit. Plus I get my own piece of mind that Sansa doesn't end up a Catelyn-shaped sex toy, which is far more important to me than bloody Sansan. Which is a dumb arse name, whoever coined it.
loopy_kid

Return to Story and Lore