Season 6 episode 10 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 6 episode 10 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:17

Well, that was fucking awesome. In my humble opinion that is. 3 Favourite parts "his name is Jon", "THE KING IN THE NORTH" (i was shouting king in the north at the tv at the same time), and finally Cersei blowing up King's Landing, though, the explosion was underwhelming i wanted the whole city to burn. So much to talk about for this episode! Danny finally getting her arse into gear and going to Westeros, only took 6 seasons... House Martell and Tyrell both aligning themselves with Danny "Fire and Blood" indeed Varys, ironically both House Martell and Tyrell are extinct now. Lady Mormont raises the house again! We get to meet lord Manderly. The Tower of Joy, JON IS A TARGARYEN! Finally we get confirmation! Too big to change from book to show. Poor Daario is dumped. Walder Frey is served up his sons by Arya instead of Lord Manderly and then killed. And instead of Varys and his birds killing Kevin and Pycelle, Pycelle is killed by Qyburn's birds and Kevin in the explosion. There was something nice about Lancel and the Sparrows death, shame about Margaery though... couldn't really care less about Tommen except that it's one step closer to Cersei's prophecy being fulfilled. Not sure who the rightful King is but that doesn't matter because Cersei has crowned herself the first Queen without any claim whatsoever. Wondering if Jaime is having second thoughts on Cersei yet, after seeing what she did. Winter is finally here and Sam is at Oldtown, nice to see the Hightower. Also nice to see Olenna tel lthe sand snakes to shut up. Also, pedo Petyr making Sansa jealous of jon? Tyrion hand of the Queen. Melisandre sent away. Teleporting Sand snakes and Varys.

Oh almost forgot, we get to see Zombie Gregor face and, poor Unella...

Oh and, THE WHITE WOLF!
Last edited by Dawnbreaker on Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:52, edited 4 times in total.
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 6 episode 10 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:38

I liked that they revealed Jon's parents even though I don't agree w/ it. Was kinda funny though because now that frees up Sansa to be Littlefingers queen, he was the only one not declaring for "The White Wolf" and could see he was scheming, though Bran returning south w/ his true name might mean he has to settle for the North or the Vale, he should already have the Riverlands (though Jaime said in the show they gave it to the Freys contradicting the earlier season after the blackwater).

Arya delivering the Frey Pies was awesome and for the show I was fine w/ it we did finally get to see a Lord Manderly, he seems small enough to ride a horse though, I was expecting someone as wide as a couch.

Qyburn delving the speech Varys did to Kevan, to Pycelle instead was gold, idk how strapped for cash they are but did they really need to kill off Loras, Marg, Kevan and Mace, Tommen (by suicide because of his mother and the loss of his wife), and making Daario stay in Meereen (I guess we should just be happy he was spared) for next season?

Queen of thorns just laying the smack on all the sand snakes was pretty sweet and I'm sure what got her allegiance was really Varys not Ellaria. In the final shot of her fleet you could clearly see Martel masts on ships, less clear was the Tyrell rose but I'm pretty sure they where there as well (box masts w/ circles that w/ a shitty tv could be confused as 3 headed dragons).

other than killing off half of House Lannister, almost all of House Tyrell, having no Legit Martells or Baratheons, the Line of House Greyjoy ending w/ Theon after Yara gets married off and Euron dies , sickly Robin Arryn who may not make it past next season and Edmure apparently once again in the Frey dungeons (which would imply his line might end soon as well) in summation when looking at the major families, the other major nitpick I had w/ this episode was at the end when Cersei is crowned, Jaime just walks in and smiles at her, I'm sure he's realized that his last son is dead and she blew up half the city like the Mad King had planned to do (including Uncle Kevan and Cousin Lancel, which makes who? in charge of the Westerlands? Devan Lannister?), something that made him break his vows and kill his king, he was just seemingly fine w/ it since his sister did it.

The citadel looked epic (the Library), we all know Sams dad is going to show up at some point here for his sword. Also what is Gilly and the baby going to do? stand in that hall while Sam reads every book in planetos? That maester that snapped at her was pretty funny though.

great episode though, I can'y wait til the book actually comes out and George makes some stuff right though.
Last edited by Azsouth on Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:42

Azsouth wrote: at the end when Cersei is crowned, Jaime just walks in and smiles at her, I'm sure he's realized that his last son is dead and she blew up half the city like the Mad King had planned to do

i didn't see him smile, he had a stern face the whole time. Also you could see both the Tyrell Rose and Martell sigil on the ships.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:49

also one final note, kinda funny they call Jon the White Wolf and we haven't seen Ghost since he was resurected, he should have been in the hall w/ him like Greywind was for Robb at Moat Cailin or wherever he was crowned, also was kinda hoping Jon, Tormund, and Davos gave a speech to Bronze Yohn and the other Vale and Northern lords about whats coming (they touched on it, but they used that "he brings the storm" line that Euron used just before he killed Balon, instead they should have flat out said this "Winter is caused by the Night King, I'v seen and fought against him and his dead army") instead of just fighting among each other until Lyanna Mormont took the stage. I also didn't touch on Lyanna Mormont but damn, they better make her more important in the coming seasons, sign her to however many seasons they think is left, and pay her whatever they are paying Peter Dinklage, Emelia Clarke and Kit Harrington, because she really made this episode that much more epic, just talking down to all those grown lords, I don't want to be a pedo but I will be following her IMDB (i still don't know her actual name, think it's Bella or something?) to see what else she is in because if anything this show has shot her into A list actress for me.

EDIT: again some final note, I found the musical score to be pretty awesome during this episode, at first I thought it was weird before the trial but then it just flowed, it was amazing. The "child" that ushers Pycelle down to his death looks to be a grown woman, more like a dwarf like Peter Dinklage maybe (Penny? I think that is the dwarf girls name in the books that was w/ Tyrion in his adventures East) her head and hands seem to big for a child. Also did Cersei pay the sparrows to get everyone killed including themselves? Marg and co try to leave but the sparrows prevent them, seemed like even the High Sparrow was trapped once he realized what Marg was saying.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 04:32

Dawnbreaker wrote:
Azsouth wrote: at the end when Cersei is crowned, Jaime just walks in and smiles at her, I'm sure he's realized that his last son is dead and she blew up half the city like the Mad King had planned to do

i didn't see him smile, he had a stern face the whole time. Also you could see both the Tyrell Rose and Martell sigil on the ships.

i re-watched it, after she sits on the throne and they make eye contact his face relaxes and idk about you but personally I detected a faint smile, which makes me think he approves even though she is now worse than the Mad King, Joffrey, Ramsey, and Euron combined as far as the show is concerned since she blew up half the city, The Mad Queen and it's his sister.

EDIT: also the Danny scene after looks like the Dothraki are fine on the water but Missandi looks like she's sick lol

EDIT2: That second King in the North scene is so powerful, I can't stop going back and watching it. I did notice that while most of the room stood and declared for Jon, Petyr and Tormund (was behind Davos) did not so idk what that means. Also Sansa seemed proud of Jon but then got a worried look when she saw Petyr wasn't joining (she probably doesn't know that it was Petyr who betrayed Ned to begin w/) and she knows he wants to sit on the Iron Throne now and might see Jon as an obstacle. In the after the episode the showrunners say that there might be some jealousy there from Sansa to Jon, idk why they insist on pushing this through, they are brother and sister, she even says Jon should have the Lords room in the episode. If they kill off Jon again, this time by having Littlefinger and Sansa conspire (or maybe she knows about a possible plot and doesn't say anything, really she should have just declared for Jon right there and said Petyr is a traitor and should be executed, no doubt Bronze Yohn would support her, idk what use he has atm other than being 6 episodes of plots against Jon and Sansa next season before the wall comes down in the 7th and he realizes he fucked up) I'm gonna be pissed
Last edited by Azsouth on Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:02

I'll have to disagree, he looks disproving to me, she's done exactly what he killed his own king to stop. He aint happy.

I also liked Olenna's throwback to Lyonel Tyrell and his death by Qorgyle scorpions.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:14

went back a little further to the ToJ scene, Lyanna pulls Ned close and you can clearly hear/read her lips say "his name is..." then it drops out then you can hear her say "if Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him, promise me Ned (echo)..." but from the movement of her lips it doesn't look like she says Jon, could just barley hear the first sounds of his name and it sounded more like Aemon or something, at least a name w/ two syllables, so maybe Bran will bring that back when he arrives also, we know Ned named all his sons after important men in his life, Robb for Robert Baratheon, Brandon for his brother Brandon, Rickon for his father Rickard and Jon for Jon Arryn so it's probably not even his real name that his mother gave him on his deathbed. Also is that woman they show in the room w/ Lyanna supposed to be Wylla?
Last edited by Azsouth on Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:17

She said his name is Jon, you can see her lips clearly and read what she says, she also mentions how Robert will kill the child, child of Rhaegar, and then as if to put the nail on the coffin it zooms in on the babies eyes and zooms out on Jon's, Jon is the child.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 05:21

I turned on closed captioning because you said you could read it, it just says "whispering", also I'm still not convinces she names him Jon, I think she calls him something else, Ned probably renamed him to protect him, obviously he can't have a Targaryen name.

EDIT: it's obviously a name that both young Eddard and Bran think is important because both of them go stone faced when they hear it, might be Edrick? I think I could hear an Ed before it drops to low.

I give up, his name is Eomer, last of the Rohirrim :/

went to reddit, most people not joking around w/ mispelling names agree that it was probably Aemon, as Maester Aemon is known to have corresponded w/ Rhaegar and likely had great respect for his great uncle. Had to be a targ name either way, definitly not Jon, NOTE, not saying Jon isn't the child, just that isn't his real name, it's the name Ned gave him to protect him not the name his mother or father would have called him.
Azsouth

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 06:07

Jaime didn't smile, he had nothing face, there was firelight flickering around him that gives an illusion of movement.

I couldn't make out what she said, why are they hiding what she said? (He didn't even make the damn promise... Ned's a dick)

What's with all the off screen deaths?

Begs the question, why would she name her kid Jon? I can see him changing it to hide him.

In order, you see Greyjoy as Theon watches it, then pull out to Greyjoy and then a bit of Targ, then the cam crawls by Dany's ship and you see Tyrell in the background then zooms out to the dragon shadow and you see Martell. As the dragons fly, you see a Martell and then the rest are targs.
Last edited by SinStar87 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 14:35, edited 2 times in total.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Dizaster » Mon Jun 27, 2016 06:35

Well, Ned named him jon after Jon Arryn which was probably like a father to him. Also to hide his true parentage from the enraged drunkard stag. After all he said i will kill any and every targaryen and even promised to kill the targaryen babies.

I mean Ned was smart to do it. This confirms the R+L=J theory but we will see how the books handle it. I think the books might be out before the next season. Otherwise, the books will play a lot of catch up and i think GRRM realizes this.
Dizaster

PostPosted by Flamequeen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 09:34

Cersei is Queen now but she won't last. Dany will burn her alive in the Red Keep if Jaime doesn't kill her first (I hope he does).

For Jon to be King wouldn't that mean he'd have to be legitimised? I hope he can legitimise himself now :D And WE FINALLY HAVE CONFIRMATION THAT JON IS A TARGARYEN! he'll eventually find out who he is and probably marry Dany (IF she even meets him AND believes that he's a Targ. Probably Drogon or one of her other Dragons will let him ride it which will convince her because blood of the Dragon ya da ya da). Sucks that Benjen is leaving Bran and Meera though :(

Arya serving the Freys up in a pie to Walder Frey was fucking awesome, pardon my language. But how many did she kill? there's like a hundred of the bastards running around.

Why did Margarey and the rest of the innocent people have to die in the sept though? I understand the High Sparrow and his followers all dying but the rest of the people there? Jesus Christ. And the Wildfire explosion was alot smaller than I thought it would be but I guess Cersei was smart enough to ONLY place Wildfire under the Sept? idk.

Cersei didn'y seem very distraught that Tommen killed himself. And she didn't stop to think that the Lords and Ladies as well as the Smallfolk lost any loyalty and trust they had for the Lannisters when she BLEW UP THE CAPITAL CITY. She definitely isn't the smartest. With the Tyrells (well Olenna since every other Tyrell is dead now) and Martels (Well they won't be Martells until Dany takes the IT and legitimises them) now with Dany Cersei and Jaime will lose. Dany has what? at least 50,000 Dothraki plus at least 8000 unsullied and 30-40000 reachmen and 20,000 dornishmen under her command (as well as the Greyjoys...1000? men idk). Even if Cersei joined forces with the Vale, North, Riverlands, Stormlands AND Crownlands she wouldn't win and Dany has three very big Flying Nope Lizards under her control too.

So yeah Goodbye Lannisters that aren't Tyrion (maybe Jaime if he is smart and runs). King Jon Snow/Targaryen/Stark will descend from the North while Dany descends from the South. Poor Tywin must be rolling in his grave XD
'To be or not to be? That is the question' - Shakespeare
Flamequeen

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Mon Jun 27, 2016 13:42

Sorry guys, but i dont see any confirmation that jon's father is Rhaegar. Absolutely. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 16:16

I really liked the episode, really awesome!

Liked the faith trial but was a little sad that Marg died, it felt like they were just killing some of them off simply to have lest cast members to pay. The explosion was neat especially the look on the HS face as he realised what was happening but the actual explosion felt slightly underwhelming as there was quite a lot of wildfire but only destroyed a small area, although we finally got to see zombie Gregor's face which was awesome!

Liked Walder vs Jaime especially with Jaime wrecking him at the end. The citadel was amazing although that maester was a bit of a dick for no reason... Davos was a badass, was quite interesting to see him genuinely pissed off. Olenna spitting out fire was nice to see as always.

Loved Arya fucking up Walder and it is great to see she can still take on people's faces. Littlefinger was kinda creepy and very rapey to Sansa...Sad to see Coldhands go off considering Bran and Meera just stayed there and he could totally stay and take them to the wall directly. The Jon reveal was great! Really loved how they did it although would have been slightly better if they had Lyanna actually say his name although I wouldn't be surprised if they left that out for a reason and maybe she gave him a Valyrian name then Ned called him Jon as she would have no real reason to call her son Jon...

That actor for Lady Mormont is amazing! Loved that scene and it was great to see all the Lords swearing fealty to him especially calling him the white wolf although that would have been made better if we had actually ya know seen Ghost through any of the recent episodes... Littlefinger's face as they were shouting kind in the king in the north and especially Sansa's smile followed by the realisation that now Littlefinger is going to try and do something to make Sansa queen... something like killing Jon.

The ending was amazing, Cersei getting crowned and Dany's huge fleet on its way to Westeros! Only took her 6 seasons to start coming back :lol:
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Jun 27, 2016 22:13

D'awww little Mormont is so adorable. Now that that is out of the way...

Lyanna Stark said "His name is.." then mouthed the name. From the looks of it, she said "Jon Sn.." then the camera cut off her face. However she could have said any number of names. Going off of how Rhaegar was as a person, it's entirely plausible he named his son after Jaehaerys the Wise, Daeron the Good, Baelor Breakspear..

@Mayonez kun: So a woman who has just given birth after living with 1 man for the better part of a year, With 3 members of the kingsguard outside. And you don't see confirmation that Jon's father is Rhaegar? The only way they could have made it any more obvious is if they actually had Rhaegar smugly come center screen and say "I knocked that up".
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 22:18

I thought you gave up on the show after episode 3?
SinStar87

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Jun 27, 2016 22:25

I've only watched episodes 1-3 and 9-10 of this season :p
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Mayonez_kun » Mon Jun 27, 2016 23:43

LancelotLoire wrote:@Mayonez kun: So a woman who has just given birth after living with 1 man for the better part of a year, With 3 members of the kingsguard outside. And you don't see confirmation that Jon's father is Rhaegar? The only way they could have made it any more obvious is if they actually had Rhaegar smugly come center screen and say "I knocked that up".

There are still 3 versions who is father
1) Rhaegar - nothing to explain

2) Aerys - he had time to do this, and rhaegar after this hid her from his father and other people

3) Arthur Dayne - There 2-3 normal versions.
a) Rhaegar needed help with dragon egg or something else and he found north varg(or greensight) who was Lyanna. Even if not, Better to say first version he kidnapped Lyanna not in love reason. KGs were with Lyanna long time, so love could happen between Lyanna and Arthur.
b) Or Rhaegar thought Jon was his child, but really he was from Arthur Dayne. But previous have more chances.
Anyway these all are old theories.
Why i love Dayne version because i think Dawn = Lightbringer. Jon is Azor Ahai and confirmed by Melisandre. So as AA he has claims to Dawn only as Dayne, even if bastard. Their words - still secret, and their words nearly or older than 8000 years when White Walkers atacked. So Dayne family(And their words) know something about white walkers. Can explain more, but too lazy. objectively, all versions have similar chances.
Mayonez_kun

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 01:53

blackninja9939 wrote: although would have been slightly better if they had Lyanna actually say his name although I wouldn't be surprised if they left that out for a reason and maybe she gave him a Valyrian name then Ned called him Jon as she would have no real reason to call her son Jon...

Have to disagree with you here Ninja, she had a perfect reason to name him Jon. As she said to Ned, "if Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will" Lyanna was no idiot and wouldn't have named her son Daeron or the like, if Ned came back north with a baby called Daeron or Aegon you think Robert and others wouldn't be suspicious? Lyanna was smarter than that. Ned had grown up under the tutelage of Jon Arryn along with Robert. If she named her child Jon, Robert would not suspect a thing, his friends war bastard was merely named in honour of their friend and guardian. She would have not had any reason to give him an alternate Targaryen name either because he would never be called it for his own safety.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by Helvetti » Wed Jun 29, 2016 13:40

Wasn't Jaime the next-in-line? Tywin was the next-in-line after Robert's "sons", if we go up the family tree.
Anyway, fantastic episode! This season was a little bit meh, but this episode blew me away. Maybe it was the writer's doing?

Dany will have it easy - she has two powerhouses and a half, a giant power vacuum, a rebelling North (again) who I think will march South, and the people. Nobody likes Cersei, not the lowborns, not the nobles, not the faith.

If she swiftly conquer's Kings' Landing, I think it will be smooth sail - maybe S07 will be her consolidation as Queen, as Winter crawls down Westeros.

Also: Hell yeah J. Targy! It gives great fuel to his Azor Ahai thing, as he has both ice and fire in his blood, and was resurrected by the Lord of Light.
Helvetti

Next

Return to Story and Lore