AGOT+ 1.3 released! (Update for M&M Coming Soon!)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT+ (Requires All Portrait DLC.)

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:14

Greycastle48 wrote:Got it working without the portrait bug, and the bug on the faces of northern woman from your first version is gone for me too!

Even telling it not to overwrite seems to bug it out for me when I just dropped the gfx folder into the AGOT+ folder. I simply dragged and dropped the folders from CPR+ that weren't a duplicate in the AGOT+ folder.

In other words what made it work for me was transferring everything manually from the cpr+>gfx>characters EXCEPT any of the muslim, western, or shared folders.

Great, as for the northern female bug I've long ago fixed it alongside any other bugs so this version is the most perfected one.
jagged0

PostPosted by Greycastle48 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:21

Ya man, this is exactly what this mod needed at least for my personal taste... default portraits look too inbred/redneck IMO. It'd be nice if we could get it officially implemented into future versions of AGOT mod and let everyone enjoy.

Thanks for putting this up.
Greycastle48

PostPosted by Fritzrei » Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:39

I love the mod, but I feel as if the Valyrians being Ugrics is too weird for me. Ive been playing this mod for years so maybe its just my personal taste. Is there any guide where I can try and edit them to look more like the rest of westeros? Just telling me the files that I would need to edit would be a huge help.
Fritzrei

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 15:52

Fritzrei wrote:I love the mod, but I feel as if the Valyrians being Ugrics is too weird for me. Ive been playing this mod for years so maybe its just my personal taste. Is there any guide where I can try and edit them to look more like the rest of westeros? Just telling me the files that I would need to edit would be a huge help.

I'll see what I can do in the next update of this mod, of course for people who like ugrics I'll leave that an option too.
jagged0

PostPosted by eiasjsf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 19:48

Just FYI, the portrait bug appears to be caused by "imprisoned.dds" in the "shared" folder. I was having the same problem but removing that file fixed it.
eiasjsf

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 20:05

eiasjsf wrote:Just FYI, the portrait bug appears to be caused by "imprisoned.dds" in the "shared" folder. I was having the same problem but removing that file fixed it.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll point people to this comment who get the bug.
jagged0

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Jul 04, 2016 00:09

jagged0 wrote:Ah, no I mean that Sifsilver had said in the bottom post that there isn't a AGOT+ patch out, now I'm assuming that this isn't illegal since technically I'm not modding anything that the user doesn't own, you'd need to go to their page download the assets put it in your folder and the code will arrange it for you.

I should mention some things about the legality haha. Mod owners do not legally have any rights to their mods in any way shape or form. It is not illegal to use a mods resources, or make a compatibility patch. A lot of mod makers like to put those threats and stuff but they have absolutely no legal standing. It's just a common courtesy thing. A dead giveaway is the fact that there are mods for this game based off the creative works "The Witcher", "Dragon Age", "Warcraft", "Lord of the Rings", "A Song of Ice and Fire", "Whitewolf's vampire masquerade" and many others. If a mod constituted an actual legal ownership of said thing, it would be absolutely illegal to create a mod based off of anothers creative work.

Now that the legality crap is out of the way. There are certain rules depending on where you are uploading said stuff. ParadoxPlaza and the forums here require that you get permission to use resources from another mod. However it depends entirely on how you made the compatibility patch. for the download. If the compatch requires the original file be downloaded, you don't exactly need to ask permission because of what the compatch is doing. IE: it's tweaking some files to make them work with another thing while retaining the integrity of the original. This would as mentioned require that the original file be downloaded and used pretty much in it's entirety.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 00:17

No, they have ip ownership of the code structure(same way authors have ownership of their writing). While they don't own the info presented, they do own the way it's presented. Ofcourse they can't legally do anything, except bitch and complain( or delete links and what not if they control the forum, right ninja?) if they don't actually register it with the governments.
SinStar87

PostPosted by jagged0 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 00:55

Do you guys prefer Saxon portraits for Valyrians, or Celtic? I'm planning on using Celtic if it matches well enough.
jagged0

PostPosted by jagged0 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 00:56

SinStar87 wrote:No, they have ip ownership of the code structure(same way authors have ownership of their writing). While they don't own the info presented, they do own the way it's presented. Ofcourse they can't legally do anything, except bitch and complain( or delete links and what not if they control the forum, right ninja?) if they don't actually register it with the governments.

For now I'll keep the mod up, unless Paradox, a citadel.prophpbb/agot team admin or CK2+ member contacts me to delete it.
jagged0

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 01:11

I'm just correcting Lancelot, because I'm smart, and needling blackninja, because NINJA!!!!! I have no problem with what you've done here.
SinStar87

PostPosted by jagged0 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 23:01

Updated Valyrian male portraits, they now use Celtic Male portraits with Ugric hair Image
jagged0

Re: AGOT+ (Requires All Portrait DLC.) Celtic Edition Releas

PostPosted by Fritzrei » Tue Jul 05, 2016 03:17

Making the Valyrian males Celtic is perfect in my opinion. Much thanks!!
Fritzrei

PostPosted by eiasjsf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 07:49

@jagged0

I haven't had much of a chance to actually play this yet but I did notice that the original CK cultures (Iberians, Germans, etc.) were in the Ruler Designer. Will this cause characters of those cultures to spawn in-game? I've never done much modding, so I'm not sure how all of that works.
eiasjsf

PostPosted by Ice Viper » Tue Jul 05, 2016 15:22

blackninja9939 wrote:Banned him.

Why not ban Azsouth too, he's being a bigger asshole.
Ice Viper

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 15:36

Ice Viper wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:Banned him.

Why not ban Azsouth too, he's being a bigger asshole.

Because he has sent me a message apologising as he was slightly intoxicated from 4th of July and he did not make an account purely to be a troll.
I am also gonna clear out all those pointless posts now so the thread is not cluttered with bollocks and can actually get back onto the topic of the submod.

Please don't make me come back to this thread for a bad reason again and have me nuke it more.
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by jagged0 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 17:01

eiasjsf wrote:@jagged0

I haven't had much of a chance to actually play this yet but I did notice that the original CK cultures (Iberians, Germans, etc.) were in the Ruler Designer. Will this cause characters of those cultures to spawn in-game? I've never done much modding, so I'm not sure how all of that works.

No, they won't.
jagged0

PostPosted by zonkie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 20:53

jagged0 wrote:Updated Valyrian male portraits, they now use Celtic Male portraits with Ugric hair Image

Man, this looks awesome and I'm gonna try it once I've finished my games with 1.1.2 and Congenital Overhaul! Have you maxed out the amount of hairstyles and beards aswell?
zonkie

PostPosted by jagged0 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 22:07

zonkie wrote:
jagged0 wrote:Updated Valyrian male portraits, they now use Celtic Male portraits with Ugric hair Image

Man, this looks awesome and I'm gonna try it once I've finished my games with 1.1.2 and Congenital Overhaul! Have you maxed out the amount of hairstyles and beards aswell?

It wouldn't be that difficult to add congenital overhaul hairstyles and beards, I'll see what I can do.
jagged0

PostPosted by zonkie » Thu Jul 07, 2016 20:50

jagged0 wrote:
zonkie wrote:

It wouldn't be that difficult to add congenital overhaul hairstyles and beards, I'll see what I can do.

Wow, that's so awesome. :)
zonkie

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods