AGOT+ 1.3 released! (Update for M&M Coming Soon!)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

AGOT+ 1.3 released! (Update for M&M Coming Soon!)

PostPosted by jagged0 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 20:59

AGOT+
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7HFiM ... sp=sharing (Use this if your dragon portraits get messed up > https://www.dropbox.com/s/613d33tuz4nsz ... x.zip?dl=0 credit to Vaud.)

Hello, today I'll be sharing a mod that I had kept private for a long time now into I found a way to share it without any legal troubles.

What is this mod you may ask? It's CPR+ uploaded by the ck2+ team.

Features of this mod, More backgrounds including vanila agot versions, better looking characters, detailed textures.

Now, if all of that sounds good to you pay very close attention to these steps or you may end up messing something up.

1.Download CPR+ from steamworkshop link > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=

2.Next download the file I provided in googledocs, extract the contents to your mod folder.

3.Open it up don't touch or edit anything just leave all those files alone, next head back to your Ck+ zip and extract the character folder to AGOT D character folder.

4.PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION DO NOT OVERWRITE ANYTHING IN THE SHARED OR WESTERN/MUSLIM FOLDERS.

5.If everything is inside the character folder then you're done.
(Doesn't work with any mods that edit the character portraits.)

Video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCyMqb ... e=youtu.be

FAQ: 1."Does this work for users who don't own the DLC, No."

FAQ: 2 "Is all the portrait dlc required? Could I just have (example) no you're required to own all dlc to download the assets required for this mod to work.)

FAQ 3 : Where can I get the character gfx files for this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=)

FAQ 4 : Why U No credit ck+ team, credits are included in the zip file, alongside other users who assets this mod were based off if any.

Screenshots http://imgur.com/a/Net2E

Troubleshooting : 1.Imprisoned bug crusader armor, and jihad armor bug, delete the imprisoned.dds in the agot d shared folder.

Troubleshooting : 2. Portrait bug, disable CO or any other mods that mess with the portraits.

(WARNING! Do not provide any mirrors of CPR+ that is illegal.)
Last edited by jagged0 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 01:43, edited 23 times in total.
jagged0

Re: AGOT+ (Requires All Portrait DLC.)

PostPosted by jagged0 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 21:19

Some people are confused, the google docs doesn't have the content required for this mod to work, you need to download CPR+ from steam and then extract the gfx character folder to (Mod name >AGOT D) character folder.
jagged0

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 21:47

Hate to be that guy but have you actually got permission from the CPR team to use their stuff? Also as stated here you can only use their assets if you have a secure distribution method as approved by paradox themselves, you got that as well?
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 21:51

Sounds like he didn't use their stuff, just built a framework around their stuff and provided instructions for how to put their stuff into it. Could be wrong though
SinStar87

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 21:55

SinStar87 wrote:Sounds like he didn't use their stuff, just built a framework around their stuff and provided instructions for how to put their stuff into it. Could be wrong though

Irrelevant how he did it with regards to the matter of asking to publish this, he is still distributing their stuff to be used in ways it was not created or approved for. Just want to be better safe than sorry.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by jagged0 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 22:01

blackninja9939 wrote:
SinStar87 wrote:Sounds like he didn't use their stuff, just built a framework around their stuff and provided instructions for how to put their stuff into it. Could be wrong though

Irrelevant how he did it with regards to the matter of asking to publish this, he is still distributing their stuff to be used in ways it was not created or approved for. Just want to be better safe than sorry.

I'm assuming from what the author on https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext= said it should be fine to create a patch for it as long as I don't disturb the files directly, though I could be wrong if a CK+ member said in a post this isn't allowed, if so I'm fine with removing it.
jagged0

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 22:08

jagged0 wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:

I'm assuming from what the author on https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext= said it should be fine to create a patch for it as long as I don't disturb the files directly, though I could be wrong if a CK+ member said in a post this isn't allowed, if so I'm fine with removing it.

Well as far as I can tell it is a bit dodgy. The main HIP thread says to credit Cybrxkhan but he only made the original CPR, the CPRplus thread is posted by sifsilver who says if you use their assets you must ask permission but does not say anything about asking permission for a compatibility patch and the steam thread does not say about asking to make patches or not. So honestly no idea which we are going with at this point lol

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by jagged0 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 22:09

jagged0

PostPosted by jagged0 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 22:11

Ah, no I mean that Sifsilver had said in the bottom post that there isn't a AGOT+ patch out, now I'm assuming that this isn't illegal since technically I'm not modding anything that the user doesn't own, you'd need to go to their page download the assets put it in your folder and the code will arrange it for you.
jagged0

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Sat Jul 02, 2016 00:19

Do you run this and CPR at the same time?
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 16:30

Mod updated in top post.
jagged0

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 16:32

Axelofthekey wrote:Do you run this and CPR at the same time?

No, drag and drop the character folder from cpr to AGOT+(Folder name AGOT D) make sure you don't overwrite anything if it asks. Also make sure to redownload this mod since the other is bugged.
jagged0

PostPosted by Greycastle48 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 20:42

Just registered here to report I'm getting a weird portrait bug from this latest version where it shows a bunch of scattered portraits of fully armored knights all over the screen near where any of my units regular portraits appear.

Thought it might have been user error but I triple checked my install to see if I followed the directions correctly, tried clean install with all DLC, and only have this an AGOT 1.2 installed. Tried just about all the routine fixes really. It would be great if someone could get this into AGOT by default because it makes the whole game a lot more immersive.
Greycastle48

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 22:47

Greycastle48 wrote:Just registered here to report I'm getting a weird portrait bug from this latest version where it shows a bunch of scattered portraits of fully armored knights all over the screen near where any of my units regular portraits appear.

Thought it might have been user error but I triple checked my install to see if I followed the directions correctly, tried clean install with all DLC, and only have this an AGOT 1.2 installed. Tried just about all the routine fixes really. It would be great if someone could get this into AGOT by default because it makes the whole game a lot more immersive.

Multiple users have been telling me about this problem, so I figured I'd make a short video on what you need to do.

Link > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCyMqb ... e=youtu.be
jagged0

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 02:33

I've upgraded to the newest version of AGOT to fix a problem users have been telling me about, the most noticeable one being dragons, I'll have dragons fixed in a few minutes.

(Dragons fixed)
jagged0

PostPosted by Greycastle48 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 03:15

jagged0 wrote:
Greycastle48 wrote:Just registered here to report I'm getting a weird portrait bug from this latest version where it shows a bunch of scattered portraits of fully armored knights all over the screen near where any of my units regular portraits appear.

Multiple users have been telling me about this problem, so I figured I'd make a short video on what you need to do.

That video is the same exact, and I mean exact, thing I had been doing all morning trying to get it to work. Just to be absolutely sure there wasn't any user error though, I went ahead and deleted the entire folder in documents, reinstalled AGOT 1.2 using the installer package and AGOT+ with the steam version of CPR+ disabled in modules and using the video to try it yet again I'm still getting the same result with the wonky portraits. AGOT 1.2 works fine without AGOT+.
Greycastle48

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 03:41

Greycastle48 wrote:
jagged0 wrote:

That video is the same exact, and I mean exact, thing I had been doing all morning trying to get it to work. Just to be absolutely sure there wasn't any user error though, I went ahead and deleted the entire folder in documents, reinstalled AGOT 1.2 using the installer package and AGOT+ with the steam version of CPR+ disabled in modules and using the video to try it yet again I'm still getting the same result with the wonky portraits. AGOT 1.2 works fine without AGOT+.

Did you overwrite any files in the shared folder, or the western/muslim ones when copy-pasting cpr+? Also, which mods do you have enabled? Just agot+ and agot 1.2?
jagged0

PostPosted by Greycastle48 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 03:56

jagged0 wrote:
Did you overwrite any files in the shared folder, or the western/muslim ones when copy-pasting cpr+?

I made certain every time not to overwrite anything at all. Just tried a manual install of AGOT 1.2 instead of using the exe just to cover all my bases, same result.
Greycastle48

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:02

Greycastle48 wrote:
jagged0 wrote:
Did you overwrite any files in the shared folder, or the western/muslim ones when copy-pasting cpr+?

I made certain every time not to overwrite anything at all. Just tried a manual install of AGOT 1.2 instead of using the exe just to cover all my bases, same result.

Are you copying and pasting it into the AGOT main mod folder? If so don't AGOT 1.2 shouldn't be mixed with my mod, instead you should be pasting the cpr content to the AGOT D folder. If that isn't the case take a picture of the bugged portraits.
jagged0

PostPosted by Greycastle48 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:11

Got it working without the portrait bug, and the bug on the faces of northern woman from your first version is gone for me too!

Even telling it not to overwrite seems to bug it out for me when I just dropped the gfx folder into the AGOT+ folder. I simply dragged and dropped the folders from CPR+ that weren't a duplicate in the AGOT+ folder.

In other words what made it work for me was transferring everything manually from the cpr+>gfx>characters EXCEPT any of the muslim, western, or shared folders.
Greycastle48

Next

Return to Sub-Mods