How to install this mod, please help me

Welcome to the Forum!

How to install this mod, please help me

PostPosted by Davidoff18 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 17:23

HELP: I do not know how to install mods in CK2 and I would love to play this GoT mod!
I will pay anyone if he's going to do a short walk-through with me on how to get mods and especially this mod in CK2 installed.
I'll pay in whatever way you want, Paysafe or any other way.
It should be like someone getting on Teamspeak or Teamviewer and install this together with me.
If anybody is interested, please write me here or via PM.
Davidoff18

Re: How to install this mod, please help me

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 17:36

You download the mod from here, then unzip the file to C:\Users\<Your Computer Account>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

Then start up Crusader Kings 2 and select the mods tab in the launcher, then checkmark A Game of Thrones and launch the game.
SinStar87

PostPosted by EDAP » Sat Jul 23, 2016 17:39

Step 1: Go to the download thread here
Step 2: Scroll down to the downloads. If you're on windows you can get the installer, but I would recommend the zipped files regardless, as this will show you how most other mods for CKII are installed.
(if you use the installer, which is largely self explanatory, you can skip to step 6)
Step 3: Download and save the zipped files, either from mediafire or moddb.
Step 4: Go to where you saved the files to, and then right click them and select extract all / extract them with whatever file extracter you use (windows, and I presume Macs have a default one, which is fine for these sorts of things)
Step 5: Open up the extracted folder, and inside there should be a folder and another file. You want to select both of these and copy them to the following location: C:\Users\name\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod or if on a mac, the equivalent location.
Step 6: Launch CKII, and on the launcher panel labelled "mods" make sure this mod is enabled, and no others
Step 7: Run the game, and it should work.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by Davidoff18 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 18:33

EDAP wrote:Step 1: Go to the download thread here
Step 2: Scroll down to the downloads. If you're on windows you can get the installer, but I would recommend the zipped files regardless, as this will show you how most other mods for CKII are installed.
(if you use the installer, which is largely self explanatory, you can skip to step 6)
Step 3: Download and save the zipped files, either from mediafire or moddb.
Step 4: Go to where you saved the files to, and then right click them and select extract all / extract them with whatever file extracter you use (windows, and I presume Macs have a default one, which is fine for these sorts of things)
Step 5: Open up the extracted folder, and inside there should be a folder and another file. You want to select both of these and copy them to the following location: C:\Users\name\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod or if on a mac, the equivalent location.
Step 6: Launch CKII, and on the launcher panel labelled "mods" make sure this mod is enabled, and no others
Step 7: Run the game, and it should work.

Oh my god, you have saved my weekend dude.
I'll be a member of this community for sure.
Davidoff18

PostPosted by DeHawkwood » Mon Jan 02, 2017 16:34

Hi guys, just a quick follow-up question.

If I downloaded CKII from Steam, can I still use the GoT mod?

Thanks in advance!
DeHawkwood

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 17:47

Yes just install the AGOT mod to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod and select it in the mod tab of the launcher, also don't make the same post over and over.
SinStar87

PostPosted by DeHawkwood » Mon Jan 09, 2017 21:25

Thank you. Just downloaded the GOT mod, but my:
C:\Users\name\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
doesn't have the '\mod' bit at the end.

I have no idea what I'm doing now?

Thanks for any further help :)
DeHawkwood

PostPosted by EDAP » Fri Jan 13, 2017 17:53

If the folder doesn't exist, make it
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

Return to New Users