AGOT ANIME PORTRAIT MOD (Updated for 2.6.2)

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

AGOT ANIME PORTRAIT MOD (Updated for 2.6.2)

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 16:32

The wait is over, once again I'm releasing another portraits mod, one that I had wanted to use with AGOT for a long time when I first joined and asked a user for instructions, but not knowing how to portrait mod at the time I gave it up into I gained more experience and now I'm releasing this mod.

Screenshots > http://imgur.com/a/h4XCC
WON'T WORK FOR ANY VERSION BELOW 2.6.2! Link> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7HFiM ... sp=sharing
Last edited by jagged0 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 19:15, edited 7 times in total.
jagged0

Re: AGOT ANIME PORTRAIT MOD

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 16:39

thank you god :D
TheAveon12

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 17:49

TheAveon12 wrote:thank you god :D

Quick Fix copy paste in both interface and portraits folder < https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7HFiM ... sp=sharing and http://www.mediafire.com/download/rbu2w ... arnori.gfx
jagged0

PostPosted by melancholyroar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 21:43

Wow! How long did this take to do?! The work to adapt it seemed extensive!

Btw you may wanna reformat your post or redo the download. Little confusing.
melancholyroar

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 22:10

melancholyroar wrote:Wow! How long did this take to do?! The work to adapt it seemed extensive!

Btw you may wanna reformat your post or redo the download. Little confusing.

Took me a day, much easier than my last portrait mod.
jagged0

PostPosted by jagged0 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 19:17

Bump.
jagged0

PostPosted by tommygun » Thu Aug 11, 2016 01:19

As an anime fan, I have to say this submod's an unexpected treat. When playing with other submods, I've noticed that this one doesn't really conflict with the Congenital Traits one (the anime faces go well with the new outfits there), but it does conflict with 'The Seed is Strong'. The results:

Spoiler: show

Is there any possibility for a compatibility patch with The Seed Is Strong in the future?
tommygun

PostPosted by jagged0 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 02:04

tommygun wrote:As an anime fan, I have to say this submod's an unexpected treat. When playing with other submods, I've noticed that this one doesn't really conflict with the Congenital Traits one (the anime faces go well with the new outfits there), but it does conflict with 'The Seed is Strong'. The results:

Is there any possibility for a compatibility patch with The Seed Is Strong in the future?

The problem with the seed is strong is the graphics it adds, I'll have to look at the mod a bit later to judge it entirely.
jagged0

PostPosted by mykepwnage » Thu Aug 11, 2016 23:15

Thank you so much for putting this together!!

I had some trouble getting things working. First problem was not having all the DLC. You need all the following.

Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords Content Pack , Crusader Kings II: Iberian Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Early Western Clothing Pack , Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India , Crusader Kings II: Celtic Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Norse Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits , Crusader Kings II: African Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces , Crusader Kings II: Turkish Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Persian Portraits , Crusader Kings II: Early Eastern Clothing Pack

Second problem was applying the "patch files". I didn't install them where they needed to be.

portrait_sprites.gfx and portraits_sarnori.gfx need to be copied to "AGOT Anime Portraits\interface\portraits"

portrait_sprites.gfx also needs to be copied to "AGOT Anime Portraits\interface"
Last edited by mykepwnage on Fri Aug 12, 2016 05:12, edited 6 times in total.
mykepwnage

PostPosted by tommygun » Fri Aug 12, 2016 01:58

jagged0 wrote:
tommygun wrote:As an anime fan, I have to say this submod's an unexpected treat. When playing with other submods, I've noticed that this one doesn't really conflict with the Congenital Traits one (the anime faces go well with the new outfits there), but it does conflict with 'The Seed is Strong'. The results:

The problem with the seed is strong is the graphics it adds, I'll have to look at the mod a bit later to judge it entirely.

Fair enough. I can't say I have the slightest idea of how to mod CK2 portraits myself, but for what it's worth I hope it will indeed be possible to make this compatible with The Seed Is Strong in the future.
tommygun

PostPosted by Enriador » Sat Aug 13, 2016 16:16

Thank you so much! These portraits are the only way to make everyone look human yet different at the same time. I mean, vanilla AGOT's Ibbenese and Kingslander really don't belong to the same race...
Enriador

PostPosted by Enriador » Sat Aug 13, 2016 16:56

Oh, just a couple of observations: could you make Anime portraits for the people of the Thousand Islands, please? They are the only ones left as in vanilla. And, could you make the Dothraki (and the rest of the Eastern-folk) more darker? They should have copper skin but look as pale as a Targaryen. Thank you for the amazing work!
Enriador

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 06:25

Bump.
jagged0

PostPosted by SkyGaiman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 08:39

Can someone give me exact instructions on how to get this to work?
SkyGaiman

PostPosted by Mistefar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 17:17

Do i need to make another save or nop?
Mistefar

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 17:59

Mistefar wrote:Do i need to make another save or nop?

No.
jagged0

PostPosted by Mistefar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 20:45

Thank you :D
Mistefar

PostPosted by Kitkat1749 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 14:37

I love this mod, it's adorable! I don't think I want to play without it ever again :D

With that being said, I did encounter a small-ish bug. The Celtic-child portraits used for Wilding characters (specifically, those with the "Thenn" ethnicity, male and female) display as if they were in the base game, and not "anime-fied".

The problem is that there's a typo in the "portraits_norseman.gfx" file - or, well, four tiny typos. Editing the .gfx in Notepad++, the texture file paths for the characters are listed as "default_son_celtic.tga" and "default_daughter_celtic.tga", when they ought to be "celtic_son.tga" and "celtic_daughter.tga", respectively - to match the files in the \gfx\characters\ folder. Correcting this fixed the error, at least in my game.

Thank you so much for making this mod, and for making a GOT version! :)
Kitkat1749

PostPosted by Onikujo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 20:10

Yeah, I have more then a few cultures who's portraits for children show up as base game ones. Northmen, wildlings, one of the Essos tribal cultures, I forget the one at the moment.
Onikujo

PostPosted by uni » Thu Oct 13, 2016 08:26

Hi All,

Can someone please give me instructions to install? I've been struggling for days. I did both subscribe and "download this file version" attempts. Neither are working. It is killing me. When I download the file, I do not have the "anime.portraits.mod" file. Is it suppose to be an exec file like the "A Game of Thrones.mod" file? If so, it doesn't show up that way with the "anime.potraits.mod" file. I have the folder but not the mod file. I think. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.
uni

Next

Return to Sub-Mods