Working on an AAR -- need opinions.

Post your mod AARs and stories here

Working on an AAR -- need opinions.

PostPosted by TheOneNation » Mon Aug 22, 2016 07:49

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm a long time writer and a huge ASOIAF nerd, but I've only recently started playing the AGOT mod for CK2, despite having 700+ hours in the vanilla. All that being said, I've read a handful of incredible AAR's (shout-out to Deaghaidh for his Mount the World AAR!) and I'm interested in writing one myself.

I've seen a variety of styles done, from first person, to third person with an omniscient narrator, to third person in the style of a history book/maester's lesson. I'm sure there are other available styles, too. I'm here because I wanted to ask for opinions on style issues such as that, and for any advice or opinions in general.

For the record, the AAR that I have in the works is about a Tyroshi named Milo Honeyhand. He's an adopted child with wild, purple eyes, whose ambition and life circumstances take him from being a poor baker's son to the wealthiest man in Tyrosh; but he's not done there.
TheOneNation

Re: Working on an AAR -- need opinions.

PostPosted by Pato » Mon Aug 22, 2016 21:05

I would love to see that AAR
You are planning to write it in third person or in another perspective?
Pato

PostPosted by Max14354 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 15:20

Play as someone really mean, try not to make the character too awesome, too many stories like that these days
Max14354

PostPosted by Vaud » Tue Aug 23, 2016 15:53

make an AAR in the perspective of a Dragon :twisted:
Vaud

PostPosted by TheOneNation » Sun Oct 23, 2016 06:43

Pato wrote:I would love to see that AAR
You are planning to write it in third person or in another perspective?

The intro chapter is going to be in first person, almost like the introductory chapter of an autobiography. The subsequent chapters will be in third person.

Max14354 wrote:Play as someone really mean, try not to make the character too awesome, too many stories like that these days

Milo is a complex individual. He's not some hero -- he doesn't even qualify as an anti-hero, honestly. He rides that midline between good and evil, but he's incredibly ruthless when it comes to the pursuit of his goals.

Anyhow, I'm posting the first chapter tonight here and on Reddit. Keep an eye open!
TheOneNation

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)