Clarence of House Crabb, King of the Claw

Post your mod AARs and stories here

Clarence of House Crabb, King of the Claw

PostPosted by TalymTarg » Mon Aug 22, 2016 22:16

I am Clarence Crabb. The bastard-born youngest son of my father, Ferret Crabb. He has told no one who my mother was, or how I came to be - simply that I am his. In the year 7996.1.1 the lords of Crackclaw Point had been fighting amongst themselves, as the Dragons of the islands southeast of our peninsula soared above the skies and every few months another high lord to be would make the claim that we needed to unite lest we fall to those last Dragonlords should they ever turn their eye towards us.

My father, the former Lord of the Whispers, was beset almost constantly by the other lords of the Claw, and my brother was an ineffectual warrior at best. They may have been enough to keep from being subjugated to the lords of the Claw - but they would have never been able to achieve what I have done. My father revealed me to the world, proclaimed me his legitimized son and heir and put the army of the Whispers at my command. I was just 16.

But I had been raised since birth to be a just and mighty Knight and indeed I proved a tribute to my guardian, who always simply told me to call him "Ser".

I defeated the petty lords of the Claw and united us as one. The Kingdom of the Claw. My half-brother proved himself an able enough ally, and so I knighted him and took his son, my nephew, as one of my squires.
Spoiler: show

I also married him to a daughter the Lord of Griffin's Roost in the Stormlands to the South.

I took a wife for myself from a northern lord, the Manderly house of White Harbor. First Men who were pushed North by the Andals, while my own people the Clawmen held the Point as a refuge against all comers.

I also got her with child in short order. The Claw must have an heir - and my half-brother's line is not enough to keep the Claw safe from the world around us.

My father in law and new ally, Lord Manderly of White Harbor.

These are my lords bannermen, good sturdy Clawmen.

Now, to the affairs of Westeros. The Dragonlords have finally stirred from their islands. But instead of looking West, they turned East as the Dragonlords of Old Valyria did, and he looks to conquer the Free Cities of Essos. I am going to watch his wars closely - if he fails, perhaps his islands can be added to the Kingdom of the Claw. There is a part of me, that I cannot deny, quakes at the thought of Dragons...but there is another part, a larger part - that burns to test my steel against the will of a Dragon.

Last edited by TalymTarg on Tue Aug 23, 2016 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
TalymTarg

Re: Clarence of House Crabb, King of the Claw

PostPosted by Splat_Tim » Tue Aug 23, 2016 02:11

Images are broken for me.
Splat_Tim

PostPosted by Vaud » Tue Aug 23, 2016 13:34

Tier 5 Fighter? :shock:
Vaud

PostPosted by TalymTarg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 15:41

Yeah, I'm roleplaying him as a "king arthur" type figure in the Claw and buffed him up a bit. He isn't at all balanced.
TalymTarg

PostPosted by Vaud » Tue Aug 23, 2016 15:50

TalymTarg wrote:Yeah, I'm roleplaying him as a "king arthur" type figure in the Claw and buffed him up a bit. He isn't at all balanced.

Is this a submod or your own creation? :geek:
Vaud

PostPosted by TalymTarg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 18:21

Clarence the character is based off of the historical founder of the Crabb House, he is a custom character I made after playing around w/ Sinstar's Collins mod.

And I wanted to play starting in Bleeding years, but since Aegon doesn't usually do anything if you start there, I tweaked the history of the titles some to get the Claw (and hopefully fixed the no capital issue) to get him where I wanted him to be.

Trying to decide if he's going to try to expand the Claw (and clawman culture) or just build it up. I figure if I get it built up to where he can field a 10-12 stack, I can fight and beat most LPs by not letting them super stack.
TalymTarg

PostPosted by TalymTarg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 14:03

Just some updates on gameplay while I write up my next post.

Finally had some kids. 1 son, 2 daughters, 1 acknowledged but illegitimate daughter. They also call Clarence "the Honorable"....irony.

Got a bunch of slave raids declared on me by several free cities - took a gamble (only had 1 daughter at the time) and married her off to King Ronnel Arryn of the Vale for an alliance. It paid off, between my 1-2k army, the Vale's 15k, and White Harbor's 6k, we easily fended off the republican slavers. (And for a bit I was considerably richer, but I've been improving the Whispers holding (its got a castle town, castle shipyard, and a private farms). The city Brizond Port has a harbor post now also.

Aegon failed in a few more of his invasions, lost an emancipation war to the Stormlands and Visenya died and his stormsinger took Vhagar. My half-brother (Gendry) finally fabricated a claim on Dragonstone, and after marrying my next daughter to the 10 yr old King of the Rock, I pressed my claim on Dragonstone and handily defeated the Dragonlord. (well, my Westerman allies dropped a 18k stack on Dragonstone, but hey - what are daughters for if not securing powerful allies?)

Now I've got the option to press Orys Baratheon's claim on the High Lordship of Dragonstone - he happens to be the lord of Windwyrm (I'm playing w/ the House Sunglass mod on, so Aegon had an extra castle at the game's start).

I'm tempted to press it, then immediately revoke it, so then I can use the HL to press a claim on Claw Isle (As I'm assuming Aegon would still keep it, since he revoked it from the Celtigars after he lost Dragonstone). Then my Kingdom of the Claw will include the HL of the Crackclaw Point and the HL of Dragonstone.

I wonder what will happen to Aegon's NV empire title when I take his last holding.

Oh, I'm also attempting to kidnap/execute the Stormsinger who has Vhagar so I can attempt to slay the dragon.
TalymTarg

PostPosted by TheOneNation » Wed Aug 31, 2016 16:42

Great start! Curious to see how the lineage of House Crabb will continue down the line.
TheOneNation

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)