"Let's Play A Game:" Playing a Neutral-Chaotic Evil

Feel free to discuss anything not related to the mod or A Game of Thrones here

"Let's Play A Game:" Playing a Neutral-Chaotic Evil

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Wed Oct 05, 2016 14:52

I usually play neutral good in RPGs, but I sort of want to play a "What would TV Ramsay do?" RPG- So chaotic evi who will use the law/system if it benefits him. I say TV Ramsay, not book because IMHO he is not as charismatic in the books. Most games don't allow you to play that way. You can't generally say you'll do a quest, lead someone on right to the end of the quest and then reveal you've kidnapped their entire family. Anyone know any PC games where you can just mind fuck people with your choices and just switch sides at will?
cyanidebaby

Re: "Let's Play A Game:" Playing a Neutral-Chaotic Evil

PostPosted by EDAP » Wed Oct 05, 2016 15:41

Your best bets will end up being older RPGs. Baldur's Gate 1, II, and Throne of Bhaal have pretty good evil options, and IIRC it is very easy to play both sides. Planescape: Torment has some really fucking evil choices which benefit you at the cost of fucking over your companions, and also has some very good Chaotic Neutral & Chaotic Evil options. The Knights of the Old Republic games are good, IIRC the evil in KOTOR 1 was more petty or less nuanced, KOTOR II is a very good RPG with a lot of grey areas but still room to be really fucking evil.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 15:46

Add Fallout 1 and 2 to that list as well, IDK about side switch all that often, but you can pretty much mindfuck those games to completion.
SinStar87

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Wed Oct 05, 2016 20:03

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll grab these on Steam. I may also attempt Dragon Age with RamBo, although I feel like it's too tame. I would also likely lose Alistair, Zevran, Wynne, Leliana and Shale, all because he's a surprisingly jolly sadist with zero interest in any real long-term planning and an insatiable need to shock, disgust and torment people for enjoyment. Not usually my play style, but that's the point.

I'm not going to have him go 'round killing everyone because that's not really a character-driven playthrough unless the character is an all-out spree-killer with no other agenda. I think RamBo is more process orientated than that, the enjoyment comes from inflicting pain of all kinds. Some of his kills are adrenaline driven, but most are to psychologically hurt the living or make people feel powerless.

SIDE NOTE: I wish RPGs let you have more war dogs.
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 20:05

Well fallout's famous for Dogmeat(though that's mainly with how it constantly dies in horrible/frustrating ways.)
SinStar87

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Wed Oct 05, 2016 20:38

Is Fallout a single protagonist series? With no way to mindfuck/trap people into staying in your party while at the same time continuing torment, I feel like party-based RPGs are going to leave me short of allies. RamBo doesn't stop toying with people just because he needs them on side, and most party members will just betray you and get themselves killed, or leave.
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 20:46

I never play evil, can't stand to role play it, but I know party members can try and leave you/go hostile if you accidentally shoot them too much and stuff.
SinStar87

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Wed Oct 05, 2016 21:02

I don't either. I've done so many "Good" and "Neutral" playthroughs, but never "Evil."
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by EDAP » Thu Oct 06, 2016 03:10

Baldurs Gate I & II both have characters with evil alignments in them. The best pure mage in both games is evil, and he has no issue with you being a back stabbing fucker. The first game has a larger selection of characters overall; the best cleric is evil, there is an ok evil fighter, and a decent evil thief. In the sequel there is also then a decent fighter who is evil, a few neutral characters (one of whom can be turned to evil), the same evil cleric who is still amazing, but most of the characters in the sequel are good. But as long as your reputation never drops below 3, no good character will leave the party.

KOTOR II is good for evil, as IIRC you can slowly convince most of the party members to the darkside, aside from one droid who is neutral (might be good, but he has a very small personality), two who are already evil (arguable), and two humans who are neutralish (both of whom could be argued as evil, but its complicated and D&D alignments are too constricting)

I haven't played much classic Fallout, but they do work for evil. IIRC you can do some fucked up stuff like making a party member who will die if he takes a certain drug take it just for a quick combat boost, you can child kill, you can slave, etc.

Thinking more, I don't remember much of the Two Neverwinter games, but I think Neverwinter 1 is mainly petty evil, whereas Neverwinter II (in its expansions at least) has more nuanced good / evil.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Thu Oct 06, 2016 16:11

I don't mind a little bit nuanced psychopathy for this run, I'm trying to get away from going all cartoon violence on everyone ;)
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 16:16

Pretty sure it's possible to "turn out" a spouse in Fallout 2 as well.
SinStar87

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Thu Oct 06, 2016 16:52

Turn out like a burlap sack? :p Viable alternative to divorce for him, I suppose.
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 16:57

I'm kind of afraid to ask what that even means :/
SinStar87

PostPosted by cyanidebaby » Thu Oct 06, 2016 17:14

Given his little penchant for taxidermy, I don't think we should go into that statement too much.
cyanidebaby

PostPosted by LAntorcha » Fri Jul 14, 2017 09:11

cyanidebaby wrote:Turn out like a burlap sack? :p Viable alternative to divorce for him, I suppose.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard bout "Tyranny" but not much sure... I mean, what's EVIL? Stabbing a friend? Enslaving a Nation? Tyranny goes about a Tyrant ruler.

REAL EVIL is what a friend of mine does with you in Civilization... he makes you Quit the game. :P :P :P

For a real Evil Game (probably a MMORPG) i would make Quest/Events that fuck you up, or involve taking decisions that fuck up another side.

For Example: An AGOT Event that asks you to prepare a plot to deplete a friends/vassal's coffers. Do you go legit or do you fuck your own leagues? Choose your poison...
LAntorcha

Return to Off Topic