The Red and the Black : House Targaryen AAR (Lost save)

Post your mod AARs and stories here

The Red and the Black : House Targaryen AAR (Lost save)

PostPosted by Mistefar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 03:09

So yeah, my first AAR. Not much to say tbh. Let's see..... I saw some cool AARs, and i was like "hey i have some cool histories, specially with the Targaryen family and dragons." So, im going to begin in the Blackfyre rebellion, playing as Daemon, but we'll see other chars perspectives aswell.

LOST THE SAVE OF THIS GAME

Rules

1. Dosen't matter what happens, not go back save games
2. Gonna have some console commands in it, to unmake stoopid AI decisions, and make some cool decision for the plot

Lost the save for this, but i wasan't happy wth the result anyways. WIll begin another AAR much better than this one
Last edited by Mistefar on Thu Oct 20, 2016 01:32, edited 5 times in total.
Mistefar

Re: The Red and the Black : House Targaryen AAR

PostPosted by Mistefar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 04:05

Pologue : The Black and the Yellow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daemon looked at the grey of the sky, the green of the grass and trees and the blue of the rivers. He could see at least 4 miles of land in-front of him. He turned back and looked at what Balerion, The Black Dread made of the biggest castle he'd ever saw. He was on the tower of Kingspyre, the biggest and tallest tower of the enormous castle of Harrenhal. Well, now the ruins of what was the castle of Harrenral. He also saw the red and the black of the tends, at least 150 meters away, in the ground. He saw the God's Eye lake, but most notably, he saw a man with yellow clothes, far enough he woundn't be able to reconize the face. But he knew the yellow. Aegor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bittersteel approached silently, "Your grace" he said, "what are you doing here? Be careful, you are very important, you could slip and fall from so high". Daemon smiled, and without a word, he opened his arms and hugged his dearest friend, and most trusted advisor. When they separated Daemon looked away, into the God's Eye lake. "Im not that careless", he simply said. Aegor hade smiled aswell, but that smile suddenly disappeared "We need to move brother. We have 15.000 men in here, and more from the Riverlords that rallied to our cause. We aswell have the support of the Reynes and Crackhalls, and some other westernlands lords. Some of the lords of the Reach are fighting for you aswell." Aegor moved to the black ledge, being side-by-side with the King, "We need to move to King's Landing, now that Daeron is surrounded by enemies, he will stay at the Red Keep. If we have him, we have the crown."

"I will be down right away", Daemon hesitantly spoke. Aegor turned way and began walking towards the opening to the stairs down, when a hand reached his shoulder. He stopped and looked back. "Aegor" Daemon stopped for a second, "You know i didn't choose this, right?" Aegor looked confused, "its my duty. Daeron is more bastard than i am. But he is still my brother, and we still both Targaryens." he looked down. Aegor turned his body towards Daemon. "He is my brother too. I dont like it as much as you dont. But if to make justice, it means killing him, ill do it." He put his hand on Daemon's shoulder and guided him to walk towards the hole in the ground, leading to the staircase, "but you're my King, and if i'd kill and die for my King, i'd not aswell." Daemon smiled, they went down the staircase to his army.
Mistefar

PostPosted by Mistefar » Thu Oct 13, 2016 18:59

Chapter 1: The King's Move

Daeron seated in the Iron Throne. The most uncomfortable chait in the Seven Kingdoms, people said. And they were right. Daeron cut himself at least twice in that chair. The small council seated in the stone table at the foot of the throne, and they talked on and on. "We need to stay in here, the Reed Keep is impenetrable, they'll never event pass throught our walls!" Breakspear said out loud as he got up put his hands on the table, supporting his weight, "i disagree" Pate Bywater, the master at laws, said patiently, "If we wait they strike us in the heart, and if they sucefully get into the Red Keep, our King would never escape" He stopped ofr a moment, "Daemon has an army of 25.000 men marching towards King's Landing. We need to leave, and it needs to happen now".

Kenric Darry, Chief General of the Iron Throne, and Lord Commander of the Kingsguard entered the arguing, agreeing with Baelor Breaksper, followed by the voice of Eleana Targaryen, that rose, being the most annoying of them all, agreeing with Pate. All that while Bloodraven seated, quiet as a shadow in his seat on the small council's table. Daeron was tired of the yelling, "Silence!", Immediately silence came, and all the eyes were on the King. After a few moments Daerong relaxed on the chair, "We will stay here" before Pate could say anything, Daeron's voice invaded the vast room, "I will not abandon my people in here to die. And if i do, my brother will have the people's backing his..... Cause" he waited for a moment, so that everyone could process what he had said, "And worse, when my vassals hear that their king fled from combat, they might think that i dont deserve to be in here afterall...... In here, we at least have a chance to win".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Image

After that, Daeron sent Kenric to prepare he garrison, Pate Bywater to the Gold Cloaks commander, to double the guards on the city, Eleane was left with her papers and coins, Bloodraven, was needed out of the city, to get as much info on the enemies location, he was the spymaster afterall. Everyone but Prince Baelor left the room. There he was, waiting for an order maybe, "My son" Daeron began, "if we lose, you understand we'll probably will die?" Breakspear took a moment to think, "If its by your side, ill be proud of it" he finnaly answered. "Good. Now, lets get to our duties, we will plan the assault, and our future plans" Daeron put his hand above a map of Westeros, a map of King's Landing and the rebbelious Lords, aswell the lords that rallied to Daeron's protection

Overview of the realm

Blackfyre's Cause

Westernlands

Spoiler: show

Lord Berthram, a Reyne of Castamere decied to rally to the Blackfyres, followed by the Hawthornes, the Kennings, the Sarfields, the Serretts, aswell as many small houses of the Westernlands.

The Reach

Jon II, a Hightower of Oldtown betrayed his king, joining the Black Dragon, bringin many houses of the reach, including the Florents, the Peakes, the Stricklands, the Oakheads, and many smaller houses.

The Riverlands

Lord Harys II, a Bracken of Southstone, raised their flags to the Blackfyre's cause, togheter with the Lothstons of Harrenhal, the other Riverlords either decided to not take part in this madness, or to remain loyal to the crown.

Dorne

The only notable house that rallied to Blackfyre in Dorne, is the Yronwoods, commanded by Farien, of the Stone Way, togheterr with some small houses.

Neutrals

The North

Jonnel One-eyed is not participating in this war, more concerned about the Skagosi invading the coast, killing raping, etc. It is not known what Lord Stark will do if the Blackfyres win

The Stormlands

Lord Arion Bartheon does not show any intention to enter in the war, saving is troops, maybe to help the winning side when the war is already won, or to swear fealty to any of the Targaryens, not seeing his peple suffer from the war

The Targaryens

The Vale

Lord Paramount Donnel Arryn of the Vale has remained loyal to the Iron Throne, togheter with all the Vale, with expetion with some houses, that desire to stay Neutral

Dorne

Lord Paramount Maron Martell has allied to the Targeryens, due to his marriage with Daenerys Targeryen, togheter with most of Dorne.

The Westernlands

Lord Paramount Damon Lannister decided stay loyal to the Crown, but, with half of the Westernlands rallied to the Blackfyres, they face a huge problem with the Reynes and Tarbecks.

The Reach

Lord Paramount Leo Tyrell stayed loyal to his King, but faces huge problems, as the Hightowers and Florents are rebelling in the Blackfyre cause.

The Riverlands

Lord Paramount Edmund Tully has been loyal to Daeron, but as 3/4 of the Riverlands or didnt want to participate, or rallied to the Blackfyres, in Harrenhal, the Tullys stay at the safety of Riverrun

"Half the realm rallied to my brother......" a long silence hit the giant room, " if the Baratheons would come to our side...." thought Daeron out loud, Baelor moved slightly, "I think he likes his womans and beer more than war." he said harshly. After some moments of thinking, Daeron pointed to the north wall of the city, "I want double guards in this wall, and scouts around the Kingsroad to our North, they are coming from there. And, can we reinforce our guards on the Dragon Gate, the Old Gate and the Gate of the God's? We need to protect our north" Prince Baelor nodded, "all of that can be done", Daeron looked at him, "then do it already!", they Smiled, and Breakspear walked away quickly as possible. Now Daeron was alone in the biggest room he'd ever saw. alone

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The day was bright as they left the black ruins of Harenhal. The Riverlords had come with their men, and now Daemon's army was of 25.000 man. The Black and Red predominated the big line of men, but you could see the horse of the Brackens, the black claw of the Lynchesters, the bat of the Lothstons and the sigils of many other riverland houses. Many lords walked besides Aegor and Daemon, including Harys Bracken, and Lord Lucas Lothston, mostly know as "the Pander". "The biggest army ive ever seen!" Lucas talked with Harys about how they would crush the Targeryens. Daemon wasant so sure, the Red Keep was one of the best fortified castles he'd ever saw, with only Harrenral on par with it." I wound't be so sure about that Lucas, we still have a war to win, and anything can happen" Daemon finnaly spoke, Lucas smilled, "We've won already! We have the best commanders, and the biggest armies!" Daemon looked behind, at his massive army, "What if i die?", Lucas smile vanished, and he took a moment to say "You won't." The rest of the trip was just silence.
Mistefar

PostPosted by Mistefar » Fri Oct 14, 2016 01:37

Chapter 2: The Red

Three Months later....

His blonde, almost white hair was wet. His entire body was wet. He ran 3 miles until he got to the Dragon gate. He took off his armour in the first mile, and the remaining 2 seemed that would have taken forever, and before all of that, they killed his horse, but there he was, sweting like a pig, but alive. There he was in King's Landing, tired and restless of 3 hours running. All his men were dead, but he had escaped, and he had to get to the Red Keep to warn of the incoming attack. He though they would take at least 5 months to get there, but it was definitely them, the Black and Red was coming to attack the Kingdom's heart.

He got to the gate, and as it opened, 2 Gold Cloaks and the Commander of the City appeared, tiny, compared to the walls and the gate itself, "Brynden?!" the Commander asked, as if it wasant obvious, "What hapened?!". Bloodraven dropped to his knee, "Blackfyre", he said of what was left of his voice."Prepare the..... Quick..." His breathing was so heavy and hard that he thought that even the men in the wall could hear it."Take Bloodraven to the Red Keep, and tell the King of what's coming! Quick! Go! Go! Go!" Brynden didnt remembered of who the Commander was. It dosen't matter. The Black Dragon comes.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daemon scouts had killed some enemies spying on them, 3 miles back, and they even said that Bloodraven was among them, but he escaped of course, and that would bring complications on the siege. so Daemon thought it would be better to construct siege towers and battering rams before hand, in case Bloodraven got to King's Landing before them, which was almost certain. The siege equipement were being transported by the strongest horses in the army. It was a red afternoon in the 21st day of the 2nd moon of AC195, and thats when they sighted King's Landing, the city blended very well with the sunset. From what he could see, they had reinforced the north wall of the city. That might be a problem. "Prepare our men, we will assault it today". Aegor looked at Henry Bracken, they nodded to each other, and went separated ways, howling orders to the soldiers. The archers would bleed the enemy, while the shieldmen carried the siege towers and battering rams. The calvary would stay behind, in case the enemy brought the fight to them.

After not much more than half an hour, the men were ready, and so they began moving."Move!" Aegor yelled, then putting the shield infront of him, and walking in the pace of the men moving the battering ram. "Nock!" Lucas howled to the archers besides Daemon. He saw as one hundred archers nocked the arrows, pointing them to the ground, "Draw!", and they drew their bows, souding as if one giant bow got drawn. Lucas Slothston waited 20 seconds, "LOOSE!!!" and it began the rain of arrows on the wall. One man fell down the wall and splatered red in the grass, as many others did aswell. After one second the rain came to Daemon, as he raised his shield, he heard the sound of men dying around him. None hit him, but his horse wasant so lucky, they fell togheter, and immediately Lucas helped Daemon up, "Are you alright?!", Aegont looked at the batterim ram, battering the Dragon Gate.

"Im fine" he said as he got free of Lucas hands, getting up and running towards the gate, "What are you doing?!" Lucas asked behind Daemon, "Joining the battle" Daemon replied,"Tell Rednusk that he has the calvary" without looking backwards, he continued running. Bertand Rednusk was a good commander, and would do a good job on commanding the chalvry, he was also Reyne and Crackhall, both families being loyal to the Blackfyres. In a minute he reached the gate, and in another five, the last punch of the battering ram was given, and the gate opened in pieces. Blackfyres and Targaryens poured into the battle, men screamed and yelled, the sound of the steel was incessant, and the sound of the dying was even more louder and incessant than anything. a tiny soldier, without much armour tried to hit the Black Dragon, he did, bit in the black chestplate, in the next moment, the man had a Blackfyre though his chest. One after another fell to Daemon. He opened the skull of one, cut the arm of another, put his sword through many chests and bellys. A heavy armoured man came to encounter Daemon. At that point, Daemon's shield was broken, and he could wield Blackfyre with 2 hands, as how it was supposed to be, but it was so light he could use a shield, and handle Blackfyre with one hand. It was a quick fight, as he hit his helmet, and the big man fell down, with a broken neck or skull.

He fought and fought and fought, they pushed throught the streets, until the got to Flea Bottom, the smell of shit, blood, smoke and fear hung in the air. He killed so many, untill he saw the best vision of the battle. Daeron. He killed the soldiers before getting to Daeron. he didnt wear his helmet, and then he realized he didnt wear his too, but it didnt matter anyways. Daeron finished one man off, pulling of his sword off his shoulder, taking his time, untill he saw Daemon. A expression that he didnt know if it was confusion or fear. Their swords clashed, an slash on his leg, tin, parrying in the left, tin, thrusting at his head, tin. Daeron thrusted towards Daemon, he dodged the blade and grabbed his brother's arm, holding the sword in front of Daeron's neck, indecided of what to....

Suddently, a soldier jumped on Daemon, casting him down to the ground. Daemon kicked the man away, and was set free, then, he could see the white cloak. It was Kenric, the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, "Get away from my king!" he said as he sent an mighty attack from a above, the sword was parried, and Kenric was sent staggering to a wall, rapidly getting back into guard, Daeron beside him.2 versus one now. Daemon defended an atack from Kenric, then one from Daeron, and many others, being pushed back, when a soldier broke off the "duel", charging against Daeron. It was Daemon's chance. The steel clashed against Kenric, and it casted sparks. The old man had no chance against the Black Dragon, and even less when Daemon hit his helmet, and he turned his back to his enemy, stunned, he was quick, and hugged the man from behind, slitting through the gusset, flesh and muscle, blood spurted from his throat, and when he let the lifeless body go, it hit the ground with a mettalic bang.

Daeron saw as his friend falling. The soldier that saved Daemon lied death in the ground, and Daeron, without a word, charged against his brother. The steel danced as they released small cries of effort in each attack, and for at least 20 minutes they fought for the realm, because when one of them laid dead, the war would be over. Daeron faltered with a slow attack, and Daemon didn't lose the chance, thrusting Blackfyre in and through Daeron's gap in the armour, piercing in and though his shoulder. He cried in pain, and the sword fell from his hand, hitting the ground with a sharp sound, with Daron accompaning it, falling to his knees, and looking upwards into Daemon's eyes. The battle still raged around the Kings, men laid dead in the streets of Flea Bottom, maimed and mangled bodies infested the city like rats, and even more did the wounded and dying ones. There was black, but so much red, oh so much red! The Targaryens saw their king at the Blackfyre mercy, and the ones that were not dying, were droping their weapons, and running from the battle. Vitory, he thought as he was punching his brother in nose, and this one was falling uncoscious into the ground.

Mistefar

PostPosted by Mistefar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 03:53

Chapter 3: A brother's mercy

PS. Bigger chapter, im not first language english so there might be some shitty writing in here

Prince Baelor was bloodstained when the last enemy in the block died. His black armour was dirty and bloodied, as his pretty face was aswell. In reality, the world was bloodied and dirty, there were bodies on the streets, and in those bodies, the banners of the Targeryens and Blackfyres laid, unrecognizable because of their similarities. At least most of them laid like that, but he saw so many others, the Darrys, Lannisters, Arryns, Oakhearts and Penroses on their side, and the Brackens, Contaynes, Slothstons, and Osgrey, on the side of the Blackfyres. Of course, they were all houses of the Riverlands, as the houses of the Reach and the Westernlands that were allied to the Balckfyres were fighting in their homes, against the Tyrels and the Lannisters.

The afternoon was almost over when Breakspear realized the silence, and right after that he heard the screming of twenty thousand men, "The Black Dragon! The Black Dragon! The Black Dragon!" It sudently stopped when they saw him. He froze, and they did too. They were carring huge ammounts of prisioners, most of them being soldiers and a tiny part of it being lesser nobles. It was as quiet as it could get, that, until one of them stepped foward, Lucas Lothston, "Look on what we have here!" he said so every soldier could hear, "A lost, wingless red dragon" He said in a nicer tone. Baelor stayed frozen, what do i do? If i stay, they'll catch me, if i fight they'll kill me, Lucas began his speech. He liked to do that, and it made Baelor eager to put a sword in his back while he did it, but he knew better, and he also knew he had no choice-- "... Break his nose like Daemon broke Daeron's!" Breakspear listened that, what does that mean?, could his father be dead? It didn't matter then, and so he turned backwards to begin his escape, but he realized that he was sorrounded by them. "Y'all have your orders!" he said, then he looked Baelor in the eyes, pointing his finger at him, "Do your duty now!", they advanced, he struggled and struggled, but it was for nothing, they grabbed him anyways, and who knows where they would bring him.

His king seated the gigantic Iron Throne, hard as a rock and observant as an eagle looking for a prey. The Reds, as the Targeryens were being called, were all in line in front of Daemon Blackfyre, well, he was now Targeryen aswell, but he was still the Black Dragon. Noblemem and noblewomen stayed up all around the Reds, among these, standed Robb Reyne, Gareth the Grey, Ser Aubrey Ambrose, Lord Gormon Peake, Black Byren Flowers, Redtusk, and Quentyn "Fireball, all of which fought in the recent battle, Lucas Slothston and Henry Bracken stood on the left flank of the Throne. Aegor himself stayed at the the right flank of the Throne with his golden surcoat with his sigil, the red stallion of house Bracken with black dragon wings of house Targaryen. He also wore plate armour bellow the surcoat, his helmet was held by his forearm and he kept his hand on the grip of the sword in his sheat.Daemon sighted, "This was unnecessary. I said it already, Daeron and Breakspear will be sent ot the dugeons an they will wait for their judgement. These people are my brother and sisters, my family ,they were serving their liege, just that."

Daeron was still unconscious, with a broken nose and a hole on the shoulder. The nurses would take care of him until the Maester they sent from the Citadel got to King's Landing. Daemon demanded that he wound't be thrown in the dungeon with his injuries, as he would die most likely. It was a brief meeting, and as soon as it was over, guards grabbed Breakspear by the arm and dragged him away, probably to a dark cell in the dungeons of the Red Keep. The group of people scattered across the hall, and Aegor could hear the soft sound of people talking. He looked to his left as Daemon got down the steps of the Throne,"The war is over", Aegor looked at him, incredulously, "This one, i mean", Lucas entered in the conversation, "What do you plan on doing next, your grace?", Daemon turned to Lucas, "I will call all lord paramounts to King's Landing, to swear fealty to me and i will have a ward of each one", Henry Bracken was listening aswell, "Wise, but not everyone will comply", Daemon looked at the Great Hall, full of people, "Ill crush them like i did Daeron" Daemon answered gloomily.

Lord Berthram Reyne got closer, togheter with his brother, the renowned fighter Robb Reyne, "Your grace" he softly said, "we are sorry we did not arrive in time for the battle" he looked at his brother, then looked back at Daemon, they all smiled, "we were dealing with the golden lion", Daemon's smile did not fade, "i was about to ask of how you were doing against the Lannisters!", Robb laughed a little bit, "the lion had the tail between his legs when we departed!", all of them laughed, all of them but Aegor, who had a smirk in his face, after a little conversation about the realm and the battle, Berthram would say his goodbye, "Your grace, we will go to our rooms, it was a long trip" Daemon nodded, and they went away.

"M'Lords, i will need some sleep aswell" the King said. Aegor turned around, and began walking, "You come with me" and Aegor did. they were walking down a corridor outside the Throne Room, the torches were flickering and the narrow windows for archers showed a starry night outside. "Do you remember Kenric?", Daemon asked, "Yes. I do, he trained with us. What about him?", Daemon faltered, "I slit his throat in the battle", he lowered his head, and looked at the red stones of the Red Keep, "remember how we trained? How we liked to duel with him, and he'd always win?", Aegor felt the same as he did, he was about to say, but Daemon was quicker, "The way he attacked me Aegor" he stopped and looked at one of the windows, "full of hate. I never thought he would ever hate me" he looked at Aegor, "i thought i would be able to kill Daeron, but i didn't want to feel like i felt with Kenric" He made a long pause, looking at the sea and stars, Aegor thought he was about to cry, "and Daenerys"

Aegor knew Daemon loved the girl. The way they played when they were children, and the way Aegor saw the hated Daeron when he made her marry a Martell. "Its for the sake of peace Daemon!", he always said, "we've achieved what even Aegon, the Conqueror failed in doing, we conquered Dorne!", and it would always seem that Daemon would punch Daeron, "but i love her!" he would yell, " you can't take her away from me, he can't take her away from me", he said referring to Maron, Daenerys husband "no one can take her away from me". Aegor put his hand on Daemon's shoulders and shook him, "You have a wife and 7 children. That was 12 years ago. You've didnt seen her for 5 years!" Daemon shook his hand free of his shoulder, now with a more calm tone, "Aegor" he began walking, pushing Aegor out of the way, "you don't choose who you love", he looked behind, with the smallest clue of a tear on his cheek, then he walked away, as fast as he could.

1 Month later

It was a cold morning in the Red Keep, with a high contrast of the red stone and the slight mist of the begining of the day. Daemon didnt feel the cold, but everyone said it was cold. "If they didnt get here now, they wont get here at all" Ser Aubrey Ambrose seated in a chair behind Daemon, "I know, i was just hoping--", Ambrose interrupted Daemon, "you mean you were just letting the enemy organize their troops and attack you by surprise?", Daemon looked at him, with his papers and all that. He was a good fighter. Envious and stubborn, but a good friend aswell. "Lets just get into it. Call the court and them" Ambrose looked up at Daemon, and waited a minute, "as you wish your grace" he then got up immediately and got out of the room. Daemon did aswell, but after chaging clothes, putting a black undershirt, with its sleeves getting to his wrist, then, he put a light black scale shirt, with a red cloak, attached to him with a deep red ruby, and of course, the crown. Fitted perfectly on him, it had 8 rubys and it was made of silver, it made Daemon fell powerful, but at the same time, it felt it was so heavy it could break his neck.

He got down the stairs, and followed the path to the Iron Throne. When he got there, a bunch of nobles were standing there, less than the month before that, as much of them were departed for their homes. Lord Paramount Arion Baratheon stood in front of the throne, togheter with Edmund Tully, which had suferred a terrible injury in the eye, causing him to lose it. Donnel Arryn was there aswell and Maron Martell. He walked towards the center of them all, they opened path and mummed "Your grace", he seated the throne, and his eyes met Arion's. He slightly moved his finger, and in a quick movement he bent the knee, "To the Targaryens, i pledge the allegiance of the Baratheons. To the Iron Throne, i pledge the faith of Storm's End. Our swords, bows and spears are yours. Grant mercy to our weak, help to our helpless, and justice to all, and we shall never fail you", Daemon drew Blackfyre, walked down the steps of throne and rested the sword on Arion's shoulder, "Then i pledge my protection to you, and all under you," he passed the sword to his other shoulder, "i pledge to bring justice to the corrupt" and, finnaly, the sword was above his head, " and i pledge to have a sword by your side when needed" he paused for a second, "arise Arion Baratheon, arise as Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and as my loyal bannerman" and so they all did, all of them swore the sacred oath. All but Leo Tyrell and Damon Lannister. It was understandable that Lord Stark didnt appear there, he was fighting the Skagossi, but the Tyrels and Lannisters...... They will fear the dragon.
Mistefar

PostPosted by Mistefar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 21:55

Chapter 4: The trial by combat

Daemon stared Alyn Connington — new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and Hand of the King — as he read a letter. There were so many more on the wooden table, maybe fifty. Many of them were extremely unimportant, — invitations for feasts and weddings, in the most part — but there was a series of letter which reported attacks, mainly from the Westernlands and Reach. What was worrisome was that the Reynes and other lords described not only the rose and lions in the banners, but the trout. I give him a chance and he throws shit at it.

As if it could get any worse, Baelor Breakspear demanded trial by combat. He was a excellent fighter, no one could deny it, and the last thing Daemon needed was blood on the steps of the Iron Throne, and worse, a powerful predenter out of the dungeons. If the gods spoked against Daemon, he would be in a precarious situation, as many vassals could think that that was a signal, and that he stole the throne from the rightful king afterall.

He sat in a small grandstand, not more than 8 foot high, and although it was broad and spacious, they were tight, as there were more than 20 people, without counting the lesser nobles and the rest of the court of the Red Keep. It was Rohanne Zokan, his wife, and his 10 children, Aegon, Aemon, Calla, Daemon, Daenerys, Haegon, Aenys, Aerion, Aerys and Merela, all ranging from the ages of 11 to 1. There also sat the entire small council; Alyn Connington, Symmon Chelsted, Aegor Bittersteel, Gareth the Grey, Grand Maester Elys; who was attending to Daeron; and Ser Bartimos; and Daemon's wards; Medger Tully, he was 8, and although brooding, he was a promising boy. He seated togheter with Olyvar Martell, that was five and his maid didn't stop saying that he would grow up to be a beautiful lord; and she wasan't wrong, his smooth face and his black eyes and hair got every girl's attention, even if just a bit. And there was Othor Arryn, a full grown man that was 20 years old and heir of the Eyrie. This one is going to be hard to tame, Daemon thought, he knows he is a hostage.

"year-end brings so many problems, your grace", Daemon looked to his left, and there she was, Rohanne, the woman he had 10 children with, "I understand it, and i will help you", she smiled. Although she had a strange combination; blue hair, brown eyes and red and black clothings; she was still good-looking, with her firm breasts, that were not too small or too big, her smooth like silk skin and her curved body. I wonder if i will someday love this woman

We indeed have many problems, "we can talk about our problems later", he said as he wrapped her with his arm, "let's watch a good fight shall we?", she smiled and nodded.

They were there for the trial by combat, Brynden Bloodraven, in the name of Baelor against Aubrey Ambrose, in the name of the king. The Targeryens and Blackfyres banners shimmered in above two pikes, one in the opposite side than the other. One of Bloodraven and one of Aubrey. The fighters prepared themselves, and Daemon appreciated the blue wastelands beyond the battlements of the castle. He glimpsed a ship, but a reflected solarbeam blinded him for a moment. The septon was standing in front of him, he realized, praying and talking, but he did not pay more than one second of attention to him. I saw that smirk Baelor

( Dont mind the Joffrey sigil in there, just depction of where they were)

"... In the eyes of the seven" Bartimos prayed, "you may begin". Bloodraven used a shield and a Dark Sister, with heavy armour. Aubrey did the same, but held a longsword, which looked heavy on his hands and his armour was a shining and polished grey, with a yellow surcoat, proudly showing the red ants of house Ambrose. Bloodraven wore a armour dark as a starless night, contrasting with the red of his surcoat, the same as his shield. There were no coat of arms, only red. They slowly circled one another, Aubrey keeping his sword high, and his apponent having his shield as a wall between the fighters. Ambrose threw his first attack, hitting the shield and making chips fly into the deep blue of the sea. The steel sang, Aubrey being slow and heavy on his attacks, Bloodraven being defensive as a castle wall, and from time to time trying to hit one of the gaps on the Fire Ant's shiny armour. In a moment he dented Ambrose's armour, missing the target, and in another he was a wall again. He tried and tried, untill he hit it. He hit the plate close to the groin, it slid up and went in the gap that made his torso moviments possible, cutting through mail and flesh; Aubrey cried in pain, and the red of the blood camouflaged itself with the fire ants on his surcoat. Brynden let down his shield, and the steel fell upon his helmet; making him leave the Dark Sister in his rib. This time, the iron cried with a thin sound and the ground came to hug Bloodaraven's back

If Ambrose felt any pain he didn't show as he fell on his opponent. Thats what he intended to do, but all he did was bounce off the Red — now dented and scratched — shield. The ground met him in a bang, and in the next second Brynden was above him. He kicked the longsword out of his hands, and now he struck his shinning helmet with the pointy end of his shield. He kept hitting and hitting and hitting. At first he kneaded the helmet, then he dented and finnaly went through it. Daemon could see the blood, but shadows in the helmet preventend him of seeing the red mess that Aubrey's face was.

Bloodraven raised up from the ground and, right after it, he opened the visor of his helm. It revealed a sweaty an tired man. But he was wet not only from his sweat, but from blood of a cut on the left side of his head, probably delivered by Aubrey's blow on his helmet. He looked at Baelor and smiled. Daemon could hear the chains when Breakspear jumped in commemoration."Take the body out", he said as he got up and looked at his cousin, "the gods have spoken", he also saw Bloodraven's smirk, "you're free to go Baelor", Breakspear slowly walked untill he was in the middle of the fighting area, where all eyes could see him. He didnt smile this time, "i'm staying here uncle."

The guards carried the body away, leaving only a tiny pool of blood there. The smooth sound of talking was silenced by Daemon's voice, "and so you will", he looked to his Kingsguard, to make sure that they were there, "guards, take Baelor to his quarters and ive him the appropriate clothing", and then everyone got up; his older sons would go and train in the courtyard in front of the gate of the castle, togheter with his wards; his newer children and the girls would resume their lessons with Grande Maester Elys; and his council would go back to their duties. He glimpsed Aegor in the small crowd of people exiting the small arena. He interrupted him, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the crowd, "I want 3 kingsguard on my door everynight", he said to his chief general, "and make sure that i have 4 with me constantly", at that point, everyone was already outside of the arena and he heard the muffled sound of voices, "i don't know what Baelor is doing, but he is doing something. Keep an eye on him for me"

"Yes, your grace", Aegor walked towards Quentyn "Fireball"; who was named kingsguard maybe last mounth; and told him anything, so they proceeded to walking away. Daemon himself was going to his quarter, i need some sleep, he told himself, and then 'ill have a clearer mind. When he opened his door, Rohanne sat in the bed, only with smallclothes. "Can we talk about out problems now?". She smiled.

It was the best night he'd had in a long time.
Mistefar

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)