Is there a way to give Valyrians proper Coat of Arms?

For any gfx related subject (flags, portraits, icons, interface...)

Is there a way to give Valyrians proper Coat of Arms?

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Oct 20, 2016 01:44

I've searched around for several minutes for this now, but to now avail. I can't seem to find any way to give Valyrians proper coat(s?) of arms. I recall there being a submod that added some in, though they were a bit cartoonish and didn't match the rest of the coa's in the mod. Is there some way to make use of the more "Valyrian-esque" coa patterns in other religions' coas (or any coa patterns, really)? Given the various Valyrian-descended houses in the Kingsland that have proper coat of arms, some quite similar to the Andals' banners, it only makes sense that Valyrians should have banners that aren't just black.
Lord Audiate

Re: Is there a way to give Valyrians proper Coat of Arms?

PostPosted by foxwillow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 15:24

sounds like something i can get to one day? haven't played anywhere but westeros, not used to seeing much in the way of valyrian CoAs of issue. screenshots?

also, what is considered "more valyrianesque"
foxwillow
Mod Team

Re: Is there a way to give Valyrians proper Coat of Arms?

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Fri Oct 21, 2016 15:41

I thought I deleted this thread but I guess not, huh. I deleted my graphics cache and reinstalled, now there's at least coat of arms, I think they're from the submod I was talking about. Some previous version just had black CoA's, or my game was just screwed up.

By Valyrian-esque I meant things similar to the Targaryen and Velaryon CoA's. The current CoA's for Valyrian houses have some weird color issue where it almost seems like each color used is just a transparent colored slide overlayed over the entire CoA's so everything kind of just blends a bit, but at least they're sort of Valyrian themed. Volcanoes, Dragons, Fireballs, etc. etc.
Lord Audiate

Return to Graphics and Art