[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.3.2

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.3.2

PostPosted by hartnettsm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 03:34

Not to sound like a complete idiot (I have absolutely no coding or modding experience so a simple no could suffice), but on the issue of the treasury being used to "stack dragon eggs" the main problem would still be with what blackninja said right?

"An egg repository would maybe be possible by just stacking the number of eggs however I am not sure how well that would work with the character flags for passing on the dragon lineage"

So the follow up question would be, is it possible to label eggs as "egg of x" with its own individual character code generated once its created and having certain info like parent/specific traits/etc "genetically linked" to that character id code?
Again, no idea if what I'm asking makes sense or if it's unbelievably complex or simple so a simple yes or no will suffice :-)
I generally just nod my head and smile whenever any of you guys put things out so I won't get butt hurt haha.
thanks
hartnettsm

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:07

In the name no, but they might be able to be linked with artifact flags. Depends on who well it works, for now I think I will just leave them as traits as there are higher priority things compared to modifying stuff that already works well.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Thu Mar 23, 2017 17:28

DorlasAnther wrote:That´s why I asked about eggs being artifacts. Right now, you can´t have more than one egg, which kind of sucks, because you may have three children who could use it, while aunt number 3 who did not have any kids is sitting there with dragon egg which will not be used in decades.

Are you sure that you really want players and especially the AI to have more than one egg each?

In my experience there often is A LOT of dragon hatching and taming in the earlier bookmarks, which often results in a large influx of dragon riders and/or a large number of Valyrian kids being wounded or crippled.
I'm not exactly a student of the history of Westeros, so I don't know if one in three Targ children are supposed to be critically injured, or if certain provinces were burned by escaping dragons about once a year, but I'm not sure I'd want even more of that.

If every character can store multiple eggs then the AI ought to be a lot smarter about with whom and when it gets to try to hatch and tame, especially when it comes to the player's own children.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Ghost111m » Fri Mar 24, 2017 00:17

DownTheDrain wrote:
DorlasAnther wrote:That´s why I asked about eggs being artifacts. Right now, you can´t have more than one egg, which kind of sucks, because you may have three children who could use it, while aunt number 3 who did not have any kids is sitting there with dragon egg which will not be used in decades.

Are you sure that you really want players and especially the AI to have more than one egg each?

In my experience there often is A LOT of dragon hatching and taming in the earlier bookmarks, which often results in a large influx of dragon riders and/or a large number of Valyrian kids being wounded or crippled.
I'm not exactly a student of the history of Westeros, so I don't know if one in three Targ children are supposed to be critically injured, or if certain provinces were burned by escaping dragons about once a year, but I'm not sure I'd want even more of that.

If every character can store multiple eggs then the AI ought to be a lot smarter about with whom and when it gets to try to hatch and tame, especially when it comes to the player's own children.

Yeah I totally agree with this. In my current savegame my dynasty owns at least 80 dragons 150 years after the 7998 bookmark, and many of my children have been killed trying to hatch dragons (lol). An entire branch of my dynasty was wiped out by people trying to hatch a dragon.
Ghost111m

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:00

Ghost111m wrote:...at least 80 dragons 150 years after the 7998 bookmark...

Lovely.
I've never made it to 80, but I probably could if I didn't restrain myself on purpose and only give an egg to the firstborn and particularly skilled children. Unfortunately the AI knows no constraints whatsoever, so after 3 or 4 generations it usually gets pretty silly and I resign.
In fact it gets silly even if you don't touch dragons yourself, unless you wipe out the Targs or all the High Valyrians start infighting a lot and kill off their flying pets in duels every couple of years.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 22:44

Hi dont wanna be that guy but may i ask how is the new update going?
Podrick pussy killer

PostPosted by ahk528 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 22:53

Podrick pussy killer wrote:Hi dont wanna be that guy but may i ask how is the new update going?

They updated it http://www.moddb.com/mods/crusader-king ... /downloads. They just forgot to post a forum.

S-S-S-S-Sorry that was sarcasm, I would be very suprised if they updated it tonight.
ahk528

PostPosted by Tony5ify » Wed Mar 29, 2017 23:15

ahk528 wrote:
Podrick pussy killer wrote:Hi dont wanna be that guy but may i ask how is the new update going?

They updated it http://www.moddb.com/mods/crusader-king ... /downloads. They just forgot to post a forum.

S-S-S-S-Sorry that was sarcasm, I would be very suprised if they updated it tonight.
Maaan you are a bad person :cry:
Tony5ify

PostPosted by ahk528 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 00:07

Tony5ify wrote:
ahk528 wrote:

Maaan you are a bad person :cry:

Well at least I came clean I could of said that they did it gave you the link and than waited for reactions. So yeah. Although one can only hope it will be released next week or something.
ahk528

PostPosted by Sithmaster123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 02:27

When will the latest version of the mod be published? (CK2 2.7.0.2)

[EDIT]: Never mind, saw the post about changing game version to 2.6.3 beta
Sithmaster123

Previous

Return to General Discussion