For One Day All The Beasts Will Bow [AAR]

Post your mod AARs and stories here

For One Day All The Beasts Will Bow [AAR]

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 06:37

Prologue
Kings Landing, capital of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, has now officially come under the rule of House Lannister. Debates over the Kings paternity rage over the continent, the Lannisters now find themselves at odds with almost every other major house. King Joffrey officially the eldest son of the late King Robert of House Baratheon, has officially adopted the Lannister surname. After Roberts death, and with what is left of House Baratheon clearly showing their traitorous nature, it was Grand Maester Pycelle who recommended to the Queen Regent that Joffrey and his siblings should be named Lannisters, declaring that the union of King Robert and her most noble Grace Cersei to be that of a matrilineal nature, while adding fuel to the fires raging across Westeros it mattered little to the Dowager Queen even less so to Joffrey who already styled himself 'Of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon' as well as taking a joint sigil of the two houses.
"Your Grace..." began Grand Maester Pycelle before being silenced by a rather annoyed King Joffrey.

Joffrey thought to himself several times how he could have Pycelle executed for his slow nature, his elderly voice and way of speaking annoyed him, however his kind tender hearted mother had repeatedly convinced him otherwise stating "It would not be fit for a King to execute such an esteemed member of the Citadel." He was finished with Pycelle for today "Leave me a King has more fitting matters to attend to."

Slightly insulted although not willing to press the matter the Grand Maester removed himself from the council Chambers "Your Grace." he said on his way out.

All Joffrey could think of was Margaery, she was to be his new Queen, beautiful and intelligent and already showing an ability to command the people in a way he had never seen before, she would make a great asset to the realm, as would her family to his most royal cause. His mother while he clearly could see held a disdain for the Tyrell girl, had more pressing issues to deal with. His uncle Lord Tyrion had recently been forced upon them by his grandfather, much to the dismay of both himself and his mother. Cersei surprisingly had little time to think much of Margaery.
Joffrey paced the room, hardly noticing his mother the Queen Regent enter. "Mother.." He said looking both annoyed someone had disturbed his royal thinking, and intrigued because he knew his mother well enough to know she did not come unless she intended something.
"I hear you plan on raising the banners." Cersei said with no emotion, not revealing whether she thought it was a bad or good idea, mostly simply inquiring.
"I am the King and a King does what a King wants. We need to join the fight, House Tyrell moves from the Reach, Grandfather sits in Casterly Rock like the last war for all we know, I want these traitor's heads in time to be served at my wedding feast!"
Cersei realizing that she would not succeed in dissuading her son from calling the banners seeing as he was set in his mind, changed tactics. "A King should call his banners, and he should have his best generals leading the fight while he plays the most vital role in coordinating our armies efforts here in the Capital."
"I had thought I would lead our armies, but as always mother your advice is heeded. Tell Uncle to instruct Ser Balon Swann, Ser Lothor Brune, and his sell sword Bronn to prepare to lead our Royal Army." ImageImage
[*]

Funny. Lord Tyrion thought himself. "There is a war going on all across Westeros, people are dying, and my sister has me coordinating wedding preparations. Stannis Baratheon marches from the Stormlands, House Tyrell comes to Kings Landing to our defense, my fathers armies battle the Starks, our own Royal Army is barely more than 4,700 men strong and in the Capital a wedding is being thrown. Lucky for all of us I suppose the King seems most pre occupied with his new Queen. Perhaps this was a good match after all"
richiejames

Re: For One Day All The Beasts Will Bow [AAR]

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 07:54

Chapter 1

Margaery Tyrell floated about court as if she had always been there. It had been only a week since King Joffrey declared, they were to be married before royal invitations went out. Furthermore the capital now found itself well stocked on food, with caravans coming in daily to share the bountiful harvest the Reach always enjoys. Cunning, and beautiful Margaery walked to the throne room to where she had been summoned by his Grace. Image

Upon entering, all heads turned and all bodies made way to clear her a path, many courtiers whispering seven blessings to their new would be Queen.
Joffrey stood from his throne, and met Margaery as she bowed and presented herself before him, "Walk with me." he commanded.
"It would be my utmost pleasure your grace" Margaery replied with a glowing smile, she had taken the initiative to dress the part of a Queen, some even saying her gowns and jewels valued more than anything Cersei ever wore. "You look majestic your grace, if it is all right for me to say. The most handsome King to ever live." Her eyes beaming with an intensity Joffrey seemed to be mesmerized by, "Your Grace." She said bowing.

Margaery had initiated a change in Joffrey, she seemed to be the one person who did not annoy him. Not only that she was the only person said to have his ear, besides his mother. No longer was her advice as valued, much to the Dowager Queen's dismay. Lord Tyrion had also taken a liking to Margaery, advocating for his nephew to pay mind to her advice.
They arrived to the King's private chambers, where Margaery was surprised to see the King had a private dinner prepared for her.
Half way through the dinner, Margaery could tell Joffrey was now hers. Everything her grandmother had ever taught her, everything House Tyrell stood for was taking seed, she will not be only Joffrey's Queen, she will Joffrey's greatest advisor, her brother a member of the Kingsguard her father is slated to become Master of Ships, and for herself she intends to acquire both the regency and the position of Master of Laws. So with a calm smile, and her intense eyes, she stood up and she excused herself from dinner begging the Kings pardon, knowing full well that by the time they are married Joffrey will be completely wrapped around her fingers.

Cersei Lannister sat in her chambers, unbeknownst to her that her precious boy was being stolen out from under her.
"Your Grace,.." came the voice of Ser Meryn Trant the Kingsguard on duty outside the door.
Cersei normally would be annoyed anyone would dare disturb her at this hour, but the country was at war, Joffrey was hated, and she had long been taught that anyone who was not a Lannister was an enemy, at war even more so; threats were abound so she tolerated this interruption if only for the good of the realm. Though it had better be worth her attention.
A messenger entered, a solemn expression on his face, obviously with news from outside the capital it looked as if he had been riding for some time. "News from the front your grace, the traitor Stannis Baratheon will be here in 3 days time, we will be besieged, our army is outnumbered you must beseech the King to call his banners into the Keep to defend the city" Image
Cersei having long been prepared for this outcome, dismissed the messenger, and sent for her brother Lord Tyrion who arrived very quickly much to Cersei's surprise knowing he is usually with company at this hour. "Father is not he-" "Father is not here." Tyrion finished her sentence. "And you have called upon me big sister, to help you devise a plan? To defeat Stannis Baratheon? I do hope you aren't relying on Joffrey Protector of the realm to have a plan, he's to busy courting the Lady Margaery at this very minute."
Cersei was not amused. She took a breath to speak but before she could Tyrion spoke for her. "You did not know he was with Margaery did you? It does not matter they will be married, gods willing should we not all end up on spikes and your influence also gods willing will be at an end. Let me tell you more of what you do not know darling sister, House Tyrell according to Varys will be here shortly after Stannis arrives, all we need to do is raise the banners from the Keep to further stall him, the Tyrells outnumber Stannis, with our forces combined he stands no chance." Image
With that Tyrion took his leave of his sister, "Do get some sleep, you're starting to look tired big sister, perhaps essence of nightshade?"
Spoiler: show
richiejames

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 08:26

Chapter 1B
A Lannister victory; double victory if you count the route to Woodowmere, where combined Royal and Tyrell forces obliterated the Baratheon host.
ImageImage

Joffrey knew he was going to win. "I am a Lion, and the King." He thought to himself; not understanding why anyone was worried. The news that did captivate his attention came in the form of a raven, read aloud by Grand Maester Pycelle who looked both astonished, saddened, and fearful when reading it. "I am so very very sorry Your Grace" he said looking right at Cersei, who when it was revealed, show little emotion, but excused herself from the rest of the council session.

"Dis-grace-ful. The Starks are vicious people Your Grace. If it were up to me I-" Joffrey waving his hand silenced the Grand Maester "What other news do you bring Pycelle, the Starks will know a Lannister pays debts soon enough, but we have a new Lord Commander to appoint, an uncle to mourn, and my wedding in a days time to concern ourselves with"
Realizing he had forgotten his other news Grand Maester Pycelle reached into his pocket to reveal another letter, "I had almost forgot your grace, one does that in old age you see because... Anyways yes here it is. The exiled traitor Daenerys Targaryen, seems to declare war! Seems rather odd what hope could she hope to achieve against House Lannister? I dare say this girl might be mad not of sound mind your grace I would not worr-".
Joffrey clearly annoyed this message had not taken precedence instructed everyone to leave his presence. Save for Ser Mandon Moore, and Lothor Brune.
Image Image Image
Last edited by richiejames on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
richiejames

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 09:36

Chapter 2: Rain Fire On Them From Above

The sun rose, the bells rang, and the Kings Landing awoke. Today was the day they crowned a new Queen, the marriage of Joffrey and Margaery would take place at the Sept of Baelor like all royal weddings. Loyalist nobles arrived in the capital some time ago, to take part in the occasion. The two most important to arrive : Lord Tywin Lannister, and Lord Mace Tyrell.

Lord Tywin, long had been aware of the assumed betrothal of his granddaughter the Princess Myrcella to Prince Trystane of Dorne, however they had failed to heed a call to arms, they had failed to attend the Royal Wedding, and House Tyrell has been proving to be more useful than ever. He also had half a mind to negotiate Tyrions marriage while all major nobles loyal to Lannister were gathered in one place. Tywin, had some time ago sent a small Lannister fleet to Sunspear, commanded by Gregor Clegane to ensure the missions success, to retrieve the Princess and have her educated by Margaery Tyrell. The mission succeeded, though at the cost of Dornish relations. Tywin had brokered a deal to strengthen the Tyrell alliance even further, especially now that the Targaryen girl had enlisted the Pentoshi to her false cause. Myrcella would marry Willas. As for Tyrion, well there was a Lord he had in mind who had been slighted...

Tyrion had a moment to speak with his father before things began at the Sept. The conversation was moot.
Tywin stood resolute, "You will marry Roslin Frey, a week from today, House Frey will play its part, you will play your part, House Lannister is all the matters Tyrion do not make me remind you."

[*]

The Bells rang, and Margaery walked down the aisle guided by her father the very proud looking Lord Mace. Cloaked in a Lannister cloak by Joffrey before he pledged his love, before a thunderous applause of the most important nobles of the realm, a new Queen was crowned. House Tyrell had truly grown strong.
The precession commenced to the feast, the Banners of House Lannister, and Tyrell flamboyantly decorated the scenery, the Rains of Castamere played non stop. Queen Margaery and King Joffrey sat at the head of a marvelous feast, with marvelous fire performers, minstrels, and acrobats all came to entertain the guests. In the midst of it all great tragedy befell, in the middle of the Kings speech, "Someone help her grace!" "She's choking!"
Lord Mandon rushed to help but it was to late, Lord Tywin stood over the body, Joffrey stood in shock. Kings Landing home to many plotters, and power plays, had just made the ultimate move.
ImageImage
richiejames

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:12

Chapter 2B

The bells had rung all day for a wedding, and now they would ring all through the night after the death of Queen Regent Cersei Lannister. Tywin made preparations for a grand funeral to be held, for all to pay respects while they were in the Capital, and because he needed to rejoin the war effort. News had reached the Capital, that Daenerys Targaryen was setting sail, war waited for no one, no matter if it was his daughter or his beloved son, there was no time to mourn. Although he had his suspects : Margaery Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, both had the most to gain. He could not take the time to find the evidence, in addition making enemies of House Tyrell at this point would be pointless, House Lannister desperately needed them, even if Tywin wouldn't openly say as much.
[*]

King Joffrey lay in bed, with his new Queen; both in shock over the loss of the beloved Cersei Lannister. Joffrey most of all couldn't fathom the idea of anyone wanting to hurt his mother.
Margaery turned over, "I'm so very sorry my love, such a great loss, she was truly inspiring to us all, radiant ever so radiant, and she had never been anything but ever so kind to me I absolutely adored her."
Joffrey sitting up now, proceeded to the table, where a map of Westeros lay. " I have instructed Ser Bronn, to form a new guard. One loyal to House Lannister, larger than the Kingsguard, but it will add a layer to our security." Noticing Margaery's intense gaze on his every word, he continued "I have commanded your father to bring his forces with our own, it is time we start burning the rebels in their castles. These wars need to end, I am the King and stability needs to be restored, I will not lose my crown to any traitor, or some exiled Targaryen girl no less."

[*] Several Weeks Pass By

Once more Joffrey stood at the head of his small council, only now with his Queen by his side.
Grand Maester Pycelle continued his daily recollection of events only now instead of losses, consecutive royal victories were all the council heard. "Your Grace, reports from Rosby, we have defeated a Targaryen-Pentoshi army, it is only a matter of time before.."
Pleased at this news Joffrey silenced the rest of Grand Maester Pycelle's rambling speech, "Very good my lords, this meeting is over, the Queen and I are due for a hunt!"
Tyrion smiling at his nephew, though mostly at the thought of Joffrey falling to a boar like his late father, "Very good dear nephew" turning to Margaery "Good luck your grace, might you enjoy your first hunt."
Image Image
richiejames

PostPosted by richiejames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58

Chapter 2C

“Grandmother!” yelled Margaery ever so pleasantly, that even Vary’s spies felt bad for spying on such a lovely person.
“You don’t think I’d miss this for the world do you? No, I wouldn’t. A royal baby is cause for celebration. Come I wish to walk in the gardens.”
“…and if it should be a girl, and should Joffrey be unhappy that it is a girl, should you get one hint that he is displeased with you Margaery my dear, I’ll have him killed.”
Margaery adorned in finer clothes than any Queen had ever worn with a golden crown of roses and antlers drew back in exclamation “Grandmother! You must not kid like that, not here.”
Lady Olenna the Queen of Thorns, smiling at her most beloved granddaughter Margaery as they continued to stroll through the gardens “You must not think that I kid Margaery, should his demeanor towards you ever change, we will have your child installed as King or Queen with you as regent. House Tyrell has grown strong with this alliance to the crown, so strong in fact that should it no longer be beneficial to us we shall simply strangle them. Remember that my dear, and remember that the Lannisters need us, never feel that they have the upper hand because they don’t.”
Satisfied with her point being made Olenna was finished walking. "Come I grow tired of this cumbersome walk, I wish to have some tea."
Turning to yell at a nearby servant "You there! Can't you see your Queen is ready for some tea, look at my poor granddaughter with the royal heir, and you're failing to keep her properly relaxed and comfortable!"
Margaery embracing her grandmother, changes her tone to a more serious one "The King has accepted surrender terms from his uncle, he is to be brought to Kings Landing to face justice, we have won grandmother."
Amused Lady Olenna rolled her eyes "Do not be silly Margaery, your husband still finds himself at war with Daenerys Targaryen, a Brotherhood Rebellion, the Starks are still clinging on, and most importantly half the realm still hates him! I would hardly call that winning. House Tyrell luckily has not lost to much, mostly reinforcing Lannister armies, they've done most of the fighting, most of the dying anyways."
richiejames

PostPosted by Action » Thu Dec 22, 2016 04:23

Nice job, I like it. You almost make Joffrey look like a good person!
Action

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)