Looking for help/tips to make a custom scenario

For specific technical issues and questions.

Looking for help/tips to make a custom scenario

PostPosted by Croix129 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 02:00

OK so hopefully the title makes sense and I can explain this well. I love this mod but have recently got a bit bored with it, so I'm wanting to create a few custom or "Alternate history" scenarios to spice things up. One idea I had was a scenario set in the modern/main GOT era, only instead of going west Aegon went east. So we'd have a Valyrian Empire in Essos and the divided Seven Kingdoms in Westeros. The other idea I had involves Jon remaining in Winterfell rather than going to the wall and knowing about his parentage: here Jon and Robb will go to war against Joffrey not only for revenge over Ned but also to put Jon on the throne. Basically what I'm needing is advise on how to properly create these scenarios, like what I need to override and what I can preserve from the main mod, things like that. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!
Croix129

Re: Looking for help/tips to make a custom scenario

PostPosted by Croix129 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 07:07

Crap just realized I posted this in the wrong section. :oops: If someone can tell me how to move this over to submods that would be super appreciated.
Croix129

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47

No I moved this over here, you are not releasing a submod so it is a question about modding hence it gets moved to technical discussion.
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Croix129 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 03:38

blackninja9939 wrote:No I moved this over here, you are not releasing a submod so it is a question about modding hence it gets moved to technical discussion.

Oh OK thanks. Hey I know you've made a ton of submods, so do you have any advise on making a custom scenario?
Croix129

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39

Trial and error combined with using the wiki and looking at existing files to get how to do things, that is how I started and the wiki is actually useful these days compared to the shell of what it was before

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Croix129 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 06:12

blackninja9939 wrote:Trial and error combined with using the wiki and looking at existing files to get how to do things, that is how I started and the wiki is actually useful these days compared to the shell of what it was before

OK thanks, I'll check out the Wiki. One last question: what's the best guide for updating the checksum so the submod will work?
Croix129

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56

Croix129 wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:Trial and error combined with using the wiki and looking at existing files to get how to do things, that is how I started and the wiki is actually useful these days compared to the shell of what it was before

OK thanks, I'll check out the Wiki. One last question: what's the best guide for updating the checksum so the submod will work?

What? The checksum is automatically generated by the game and changes whenever a file is modified

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Croix129 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 23:18

blackninja9939 wrote:
Croix129 wrote:

What? The checksum is automatically generated by the game and changes whenever a file is modified

My bad. I mean a guide to update the mod after a new patch comes out. I thought that the checksum was related to that. Shows what I know :oops:
Croix129

Return to Technical Discussion