The World Aegon Wrought (An Observation Game)

Post your mod AARs and stories here

The World Aegon Wrought (An Observation Game)

PostPosted by scholar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:49

It may seem a little strange, but I enjoy watching games more than playing them. I have a very passive style, and tend to enjoy being a hegemonic force rather than a proactive conqueror. It had been almost half a year since I last played this mod, but last week I plugged it started it up again. I played a brief game, was on my way to the Iron Throne, and then the game crashed on me. Not a tremendously interesting story, right? Well, the next time I chose Aegon the Conqueror and decided to sit on the sidelines for this one. I tinkered with the settings a little bit, with the most game changing one being that different religions could intermarry. From the moment I selected Westeros as Aegon's target, I plugged "observe" into the command console. I played pretty close attention to the early movements of the game, and was surprised that it was relatively bloodless this time around. Even Harren the Black made it out safe and sound. After the conquest, I "pollinated" a few marriages, but after about twenty years I was satisfied that the Great Houses wouldn't die out unless they misbehaved and stopped doing even that much.

The other day I thought it might be interesting to just have the observe run for twenty-four hours. My game is on a laptop, and is pretty poor for gaming, so I was not really sure if it would get very far before it crashed. When I was done with everything I had to do the next day, I started it back up to see the latest autosave. The year was 8504, and things got pretty strange when I was not looking. I thought I'd just continue, but after a few months (it was starting to crawl at this point), I stopped and decided to write something about it.

But first, some pictures:

The World in 8504

Westeros

Free Cities

Ghiscar|Slaver's Bay

Yi Ti
scholar

Re: The World Aegon Wrought (An Observation Game)

PostPosted by scholar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 00:23

The Line of the Dragons Part One

The Iron Throne

Aegon the Conqueror - 28 Years (7998 - 8026.4.1)

Children:
Haera Targaryen, by Rhaenys - Married into House Lannister
Valaena Targaryen, by Visenya - Married into House Stark
King Rhaegar, by Rhaenys - Married Thrice, a Graceford (without issue), a lowborn Falyse (mother of Rhaegar's Bastard), and Rhaeys Targaryen
Rhaeys Targaryen, by Visenya - the Widowed Queen of Rhaegar
Baela Targaryen, by Visenya - died young
Syaela Targaryen, by Rhaenys - Married Robin Tarth (no issue) and Ser Aemon Payreos (King-Consort Aegor Targaryen)
Lord Aerion of Crackclaw Point, by Rhaenys - Married Daenerys Targaryen
Daenerys Targaryen, by Rhaenys - Married Lord Aerion

King Rhaegar the Bear - 18 Years (8026.4.1 - 8044.2.9)

Children
Shella Berkdye, by Falyse - Married Valerion Berch and the Pirate Cossomo Langward
Della Targaryen, by Rhaeys - Was killed by the Dragon Aenion
Baela Targaryen, by Rhaeys - Quick Witted, Attractive, and a bit of a Lunatic she was stillborn
Queen Shaena, by Rhaeys - Married Aegor Targaryen
Aurion Targaryen, by Rhaeys - Also a Quick Witted, Attractive, Lunatic who was stillborn
Maegelle Targaryen, by Rhaeys - Married a Waxley (Mother of the Silverhair) and King Gaemon Targaryen

Queen Shaena the Breaker of Chains - 42 Years (8044.2.9 - 8096.9.22)

Children
Aelora Targaryen, by Aegor - Married into House Tully
King Gaemon, by Aegor - Married Maegelle and Rhaena Targaryen
Rhaena Targaryen, by Aegor - Married King Gaemon
Lord Paramount Jacaerys Targaryen, by Aegor - Married Vaella Waters (A Targaryen Bastard)

King Gaemon the Breaker of Seagard - 4 Years (8096.9.22 - 8100.7.9)

Children
King Vaekar, by Maegelle - Married Aelinor the Unfaithful, Amane Charlton, and Daenora the Valyrian
Matarys Targaryen, by Rhaena Targaryen - Married Naerys Targaryen
Maelys the Mad, by Rhaena Targaryen - Married Leaysa Waters (Bastard Sister) and Roslin Blackwood (no issue)
Leaysa Waters, by Aelinor Targaryen - Married Maelys the Mad
Lord Vaegon of Stonedance, by Aelinor Targaryen - Married Lady Shella Goodbrook (no issue)

King Vaekar the Bewitched - 39 Years (8100.7.9- 8139.7.27)

Children
King Laenor, by Amane Charlton - Married Naerys Targaryen
Leaysa Targaryen, by Amane - Stillborn
Lord Paramount Valarr Targaryen of the North, by Daenora the Valyrian - Married Rhaena Targaryen
Maegelle Targaryen, by Daenora - Stillborn
Lord Gaemon Stoney Sept, by Daenora - Married Pia Buckwell
Daenys Targaryen, by Daenora - Married into House Frey

King Laenor the Dragon - 28 Years (8139.7.27 - 8167.7.11

Children
Daena Targaryen, by Naerys - Died young while trying to tame Timerion the White Fire
Naerys Targaryen, by Naerys - Married Sefton Jentys (a daughter) and Corwyn Belmore (without issue)
King Aethon, by Naerys - Married Cymella Targaryen
Cymella Targaryen, a Bastard of Uncertain Maternal Ties - Married King Aethon
Alla Flowers, by Leyla Caswell - Married into House Rowan

King Aethon the Bewitched - 7 Years (8167.7.11 - 8174.1.31)

Children
Queen Saenrys, by Cymella Targaryen - Married Arron Sand (Bastard of Matarys Targaryen, Lord Paramount of Sarnor, the Iron Islands, and Pentos) (without issue)

Queen Saenrys the Great - 53 Years (8174.1.31 - 8227.1.20)

Died without issue, inherited by way of King Vaekar - Lord Paramount Valarr of the North - Lord Vaekar of the Barrowlands - Lord Valarr of the Barrowlands - King Daegar

King Daegar the Dragontamer - 10 Years (8227.1.20 - 8237.3.15)

Children
Lady Naerys of the Disputed Lands, by Daenys Targaryen - Married Dygos Cuy of Saath
Laena Targaryen, by Daenys - Married Lord Paramount Rhaekar of Norvos (without issue) and Vaemond Targaryen (two stillborn)
Vaella Targaryen, by Daenys - Married Wallace, Commander of the Poor Fellows (without issue)
Valarr Targaryen, by Daenys - Died young and sickly

The Uncrowned Queen Naerys - 3 Years (8237.3.15 - 8240.2.1)

Throne Seized by Vaemond the Cruel, (son of Viserys Targaryen, of Lord Maelys of High Athosh, of Lord Vaekar of the Barrowlands) Naerys' nephew twice removed.

Children
King Vaeron, by Dygos Cuy - Married Naerys Targaryen
Lord Otherys Targaryen of the Disputed Lands, by Dygos - Married Bethany Menaereon a Northman

Emperor Vaemond the Cruel - 17 Years (8240.2.1 - 8257.9.16)

Throne Seized by Vaeron the Mercilous, (son of Queen Naerys) Vaemond's cousin thrice removed.

Children
Emperor Jacaerys, by Leona a lowborn Kingslander - Married Naerys Targaryen (his sister)
Naerys Targaryen, by Mhaegon a lowborn Kingslander - Married Emperor Jacaerys, King Vaeron, and Otherys Targaryen
Vaera Targaryen, by Mhaegon - Married Lord Daeron Targaryen of Saath
Emperor Aegor, by Rosamund Marbrand - Married Ammara Bracken (no issue)
Emperor Aeryn, by Rosamund Marbrand - Malessa Myatt (no issue), Rhaelle Targaryen (no issue), Terrio Qar Kis of Qarth (no issue), and Sylwa Tully (8 children)
Maelys Targaryen, by Rosamund - A Black Brother of the Night's Watch, fathered a Bastard
Aenys Targaryen, by Rosamund - Married Twice, no issue
Otherys Targaryen, by Rosamund - Married Naerys Targaryen
Banor Stone, a Bastard of Lyra Arryn - Died young

King Vaeron the Mercilous - 12 Years (8257.9.16 - 8269.1.28)

Throne Seized by Vaeron the Mercilous, (son of Queen Naerys) Vaeron's cousin thrice removed.

Children
Jacaerys Targaryen, by Naerys - Stillborn
King Valarr, by Naerys - Married Daenaera Targaryen

King Valarr the Wicked - 28 Years (8269.1.28 - 8297.6.8)

Children
Alearys Targaryen, by Daenaera - Married Florian Tudbury, Maekar Targaryen (without issue), and Narbo Hoskagys (without issue)
King Jacaerys, by Daenaera - Married Talla Strickland

King Jacaerys the Dragon - 25 Years (8297.6.8 - 8322.11.25)

Children
Qoherys Targaryen, by Talla - Married Gylora (a lowborn Norvoshi) and Rasa (a lowborn Moraqi) (No issue)
Laena Targaryen, by Talla - Married Pynto Valmon

King Qoherys the Dragonless - 3 Years (8322.11.25 - 8325.10.11)

Throne Seized by Maegor the Dragon, (grandson of Emperor Vaemond the Cruel and Great Grandson of Queen Naerys) Qoherys' distant cousin.

Children
Jaehaerys Targaryen, by Gylora - Married Daenaerys (no issue)
Syaella Targaryen, by Gylora - Married Lord Maekar of Dragonstone and Pate Laennaris
scholar

PostPosted by scholar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 01:42

The Line of the Dragons Part Two

The Iron Throne

Emperor Maegor the Dragon - 20 Years (8325.10.11 - 8345.7.24)

Children
Jaehaera Targaryen, by Meralyia Notarys - Married Otherys Targaryen
Emperor Maekar, by Meralyia - Married Haera Targaryen
Haera Targaryen, by Meralyia - Married Emperor Maekar
Baela Targaryen, by Meralyia - Married Commander Vaekar Targaryen
Commander Vaekar Targaryen of the City King's Landing, by Meralyia - Married Baela Targaryen
Lord Vaeron Targaryen of Norvos, by Sylvia Brindlewood - Married Empress Daella

Emperor Maekar the Black Dragon - 3 Years (9345.7.24 - 8348.11.23

Children
Baelon Targaryen, by Haera Targaryen - Stillborn
Empress Daella, by Haera - Married Lord Vaeron of Norvos

Empress Daella the Dragontamer - 36 Years 8348.11.23 - 8384.9.4

Children
Emperor Aegor II, by Lord Vaeron - Married Vaera Targaryen (no issue) and Tyshara Falwell
Alearys Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Rhaekar Targaryen
King Daegar II, by Vaeron - Married Joyeuse Crabb and Visenya Targaryen (no issue)
Daeron Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Alearys Targaryen
Maegor Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Sybelle Belmore
Rhaekar Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Alearys Targaryen
Vaegon Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Sirona Myatt
Vaera Targaryen, by Vaeron - Married Emperor Aegor but died trying to tame Galeglider

Emperor Aegor II the Wise Dragon - 23 Years (8384.9.4 - 8407.11.22)

Children
Jaehaera, by Tyshara Falwell - Stillborn
Emperor Haegon, by Tyshara - Married Rhaeys Targaryen, Daeoril Targaryen (no issue), and Serra Kidwell
Rhaeys Targaryen, by Tyshara - Married Emperor Haegon

Emperor Haegon the Great - 7 Years (8407.11.22 - 8414.5.16)

Throne seized by Daegar II, Haegon's Uncle

Children
Laenor Targaryen, by Rhaeys Targaryen - Married Rhalla Targaryen
Lord Baelor of Norvos, by Rhaeys Targaryen - Married Daeorile 'The Butcher of Valon Sar' Targaryen
Calla Targaryen, by Serra Kidwell - Married Lord Haegon of Saath (one still birth)
Maerys Targaryen, by Serra - Married Scolera of Samolton
Visenya Targaryen, by Serra - Died a Captive of the Dothraki

King Daegar II Targaryen - 2 Years (8414.5.16 - 8416.3.23)

Throne seized by Daegar II from Daegar's nephew

Children
King Maerys, by Joyeuse Crabb - Married Aelinor Targaryen
Lord Paramount Lucerys Targaryen of Norvos, by Joyeuse - Married Rhea Meadows
Alysanne Targaryen, by Joyeuse - Married into House Vance
Otherys Targaryen, by Joyeuse - Married Aerea Targaryen and Qothi (a dothraki) (no issue)
Captain Maelor the Monsrous of the Maiden's Men, by Joyeuse - Married Rhaena Targaryen (Killed by Jaekar Targaryen, no issue), Tycha a Volantene Commoner (no issue), Mellario another Volantene Commoner (no issue), Talea yet another Volantene Commoner, Tania Hightower,
Bodger Jorath, A Bastard by Eglantine of King's Landing - Married Izzi, a Dothraki
Baela Targaryen, by Joyeuse - Married Lord Malaquo Targaryen of Dragonstone and Jon Ilontheon (without issue)

King Maerys I - 3 Years (8416.3.23 - 8419.12.13)

Was killed in single combat by Timeon Summers, a Dornishman later killed by the King of the Stormlands

Children
Daeron Targaryen, by Aelinor Targaryen - Stillborn
King Vaegon, by Aelinor - Married Daella Targaryen
Aerea Targaryen, by Aelinor - Married into House Strickland
Jaenara Targaryen, by Aelinor - Stillborn

King Vaegon the Queer - 36 Years (8419.12.13 - 8455.12.4)

Children
Alysanne Targaryen, by Daella - Marred King Maerys II and Allard Vaorezys (without issue)
King Maerys, by Daella - Married Alysanne Targaryen
Aenar Targaryen, by Daella - Stillborn

King Maerys II Targaryen - 5 Years (8455.12.4 - 8460.3.4)

Slain in personal combat by Ellery the Kingslayer.

Children
Vaella Targaryen, by Alysanne - Married Commander Gaemon of the City of King's Landing and Lord Alios Targaryen of Dragonstone
Aerys Targaryen, by Alysanne - Married Daenaera Targaryen
Daenaerys Targaryen, by Alysanne - Married into House Crakehall

King Aerys Targaryen - 29 Years (8460.3.4 - 8489.12.2)

Deposed by the Lords of Westeros in 8489

Children
Daeoril Targaryen, by Daenaera - Married King Maelor Targaryen
King Maelor, by Daenaera - Married Daeoril Targaryen
Daemon Targaryen, by Daenaera - Married Rhaelinor Targaryen
Maegelle Targaryen, by Daenaera - Age 14

King Maelor Targaryen - 15, Still Reigning (8489.12.2 - 8504.4.13)

Children
Rhaelinor Targaryen, by Daeoril Targaryen - Married Daemon Targaryen
Daeoril Targaryen, by Daeoril Targaryen - 15 and unmarried
Daenaera Targaryen, by Daeoril Targaryen - 13 and betrothed to Maegor Targaryen
Maegor Targaryen, by Daeoril - 13 and betrothed to his twin sister Daenaera
scholar

PostPosted by scholar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 04:52

The Line of the Dragons Part Three

The Empire of New Valyria

The Empire of New Valyria was established by Vaemond the Cruel in 8248, and would see 13 successive Emperors claim the title. Unlike the Iron Throne, New Valyria had significant trouble establishing itself as a parallel Kingdom to Westeros. There would rarely be a time when New Valyria was not at war, nor putting down rebellions. The Empire was also usually involved in conflict with the Iron Throne, as the Essosi Branch of the Targaryen Dynasty often styled itself as the rightful rulers of the known world. Had it not been for the dragons of their rulers, New Valyria would not have lasted. New Valyria proved a nuisance during the invasion of the Others, and would prevent Westeros from mounting an effective resistance to the Wildlings, whom with the power of allies in the Free Cities would conquer the Stormlands, Dorne, and the Riverlands while the realm itself fragmented. The Empire proved incapable of fully pacifying Westeros once Valyria conquered its wayward cousins, and would once split several times. The definitive end to the Empire of New Valyria came about after Daegar II separated the two crowns during the time of Haegon the Great. Though his start was quite hopeful, Haegon's title would soon become little more than an ironic jab as time went on. His grandson Maelys proved a talented warrior, but he lacked all talent for detecting the schemes that characterized Essos. He would die young, with his crown seized by the Dothraki Conqueror Drogo, and lord of a minor keep far away from his ancestral birthright in Reach. With his defeat, Essos erupted into civil war between those whose loyalty fell to the Iron Throne, and those who reasserted their independence against the Dothraki pretenders. When the Great Khalasar of the Dothraki Sea vanished, so too did the Crown of Valyria.

Though their throne was the Dragon they rode, the Valyrian Emperors had an average reign of 16 years, just 3 years less than their counterparts on the Iron Throne. However, rather than seeing the number of Dragons decline during the period of turmoil, the New Valyrian Empire could rightly have been seen as a golden age for the Dragons. Their numbers rapidly overtook the number of Targaryens, and during the Empire of New Valyria several other houses began to utilize Dragons. Though very rare, knowledge of Dragon raising spread far enough that some independent dragons were born from eggs not born from a Targaryen beast. Dragons now flock well outside of the control of the Targaryens, meaning the family that dominates the world has some competition.

Lord Paramounts

The Targaryens had, during several time periods, found themselves in the possession of one of the many kingdoms that serve the Iron Throne. Sometimes they would rule for a brief time, and give the kingdom to a loyal subject. Other times, a cadet branch of the family would rule in their own right. Very few lasted very long, and only one the Lordship of Norvos remaining of this tier. Though sometimes the lack of Dragons doomed the family's tenure as chief vassal to King's Landing, other times the families maintained their dragons even as they saw themselves reduced to a lower seat. Part of this may be contributed to the Targaryens fearing the rise of another competitor, like in New Valyria, but this is a far from prefect answer.

The North

In the North, the Targaryens came to rule four times. The first was when King Aegon revoked the title from Lord Brandon Stark, after he deposed his father. He ruled only for four months, before handing down the title to Lord Manderly. The second was during the time of Queen Shaena, the Breaker of Chains. She had some Northern blood in her, seizing the throne from Beren Stark of Winterfell. Beren was hanged, ending a series of civil wars that saw many families seize control of the north. Queen Shaena ruled for two years, and then passed control over to Howland Glover. Mylessa Stark seized control of the North from Howland's grandson, justifying the third time House Targaryen took control of the North. King Vaekar revoked the title from Lady Stark, and passed the title off to his second son. Lord Valarr was known as the Noble Dragon, but his died in the north shortly after arriving there. Without dragons, the Targaryens would be overthrown by House Reed who briefly claimed the title of King. Valarr's great grandson earned the title of Dragontamer after claiming one of his own, which would allow Daegar to seize the Iron Throne. The Reeds ruled the North stably for about a century before the Starks reclaimed the North, at which point a civil war spent both forces allowing House Kidwell to assume the title after the main branch of House Stark died off. Daella, also known as the Dragontamer, took control of the North for the fourth and final time under the second Kidwell Lord. The Northern title had become badly fragmented, allowing Daella to seize it with little reason to fear revolt. Three months later, she granted the title to Lord Rickard Stark. House Stark has kept the title ever since.

The Trident

The Targaryens came to rule the Trident twice in the long history of Westeros. The first was when King Laenor conquered the riverlands as his birthright following the deposition of the Whalen Tully by Lord Cleyson. King Laenor ruled the Trident and the Crownlands for the rest of his reign, but his son would pass the title off to Lord Mallister just months after ascending the throne. The Mallisters and Tullys would occasionally seize the Trident from the other, and at one point while the two were fighting and the Iron Throne was busy dealing with the Empire of New Valyria, the Wildlings conquered the Stormlands. Shortly thereafter, the Storm King Calon the Skinchanger conquered the Riverlands. House Tully seized it back after seven years, 17 years later Calon would return and depose the Tullys. Lord Halion Cox of the Blackwood took the territory back, and as such House Cox would rule the Riverlands for 60 years before House Tully seized back control. The last heir of the Tully main line died out, reverting to House Paege. Though Paege had an unborn child, the throne reverted to the Targaryens. The second Targaryen rule lasted just two days, with Dafyn Tully taking over the position. However, queerly, Dafyn was influenced by the Free Cities and thus styles himself "Archon of the Trident." He is young, dishonorable, and lacks an heir so time will tell if the Targaryens find themselves in control a third time.

The Iron Islands

House Targaryen has ruled the windswept isles of the Iron Born four times since Aegon's Conquest, twice by the Conqueror himself. King Aegon conquered the Iron Islands briefly during the time of King Harren Hoare. King Aegon stayed in Orkmont for just three days before giving the title by to Harren, now Lord of the Iron Islands. House Hoare, however, died out within twenty years. A third of the family had been killed by King Aegon, some even by his own hand, while another third were killed by other members of the Black Blood. Lord Qhorwyn was the last male Hoare, and with his death the title reverted to the Iron Throne. King Aegon gave the throne to Qhorwyn's widow, and though the Seastone Chair would have passed down to the female Hoares after her death, Ragnor Greyjoy forced an election following the death of the Lady Ravella Volmark. The third Greyjoy Lord was captured by King Vaekar Targaryen, and would die in his dungeons. The third Targaryen rule would last fourteen years, but would be ceded to the Greyjoys once more. However, the new second Lord Qhorwyn was too ambitious by half, and attempted to make a Kingship for himself. King Aethon revoked the title after smashing them in war, with Qhorwyn's killer, the Lord Matarys Targaryen soon being chosen for the last Targaryen ruler of the Iron Islands. He ruled well, and was respected even without a dragon. His male line, including himself, perished from disease. House Harlaw took control afterwards, and then House Kidwell. The Tyrant Lord Swyft conquered the Iron Islands after, whereupon house Volmark ruled until only recently when their main male line was depleted. Though still robust, the Volmarks would be divide the new vote, leading to House Goodbrother's ascent.

The Westerlands

The Blood of the Dragon only ruled the Westerlands once during the time of King Vaekar. House Lannister's main branch bled into House Lydden, only to return to House Lannister in 8126. Lord Addison Lannister, however, rebelled against Lord Vaekar, and much like the Greyjoys discovered, Lord Addison had his lands seized. He himself would be walled up alive by the Bewitched Monarch, though the Lannister line would not be extinguished. Vaekar ruled slightly longer in Casterly Rock, but passed the throne off to House Lorch, who would quickly be killed off to allow House Falwell take control. Lord Raynald ruled for seven years before being hanged by King Laenor. His brother John would be hanged by Laenor's granddaughter about thirty years later. His son was beheaded by Queen Saenrys fourteen years after that. House Falwell ruled until their line merged once again with House Lannister. The House of Old Catton is a cadet branch of House Lannister, and the two have competed for rulership of the Westerlands since Falwell went extinct. One of the last daughters of that old lineage was the mother of Emperor Haegon.

The Reach

The Reach only fell under the Dragon once, and like with Greyjoy and Lannister, it occurred during the reign of King Vaekar. House Gardener survived the conquest, but within forty years its vast male line had seemingly died out. The family lingered for half a century more, dying out with the Florents who succeeded them. House Wythers briefly claimed the title of King, but would soon become Lord instead. Lord Talbert was eaten by King Vaekar's Dragon, shortly after Vaekar seized control of the Reach for himself. Vaekar ruled here for three weeks, before passing the throne to the Lady Grimm, one of the last members of her noble lineage. Her daughter, the Lady Rowan, succeeded before House Wythers seized control of the Reach following Rowan's failed rebellion against the Iron Throne. The Lords of Wythers died out, falling to House Meadows. Some Meadows remain today, but are landless and slated for extinction. House Crane inherited from House Meadows, and would claim to be Kings. That lineage is now extinct, with house Peake inheriting from them. Peake's main line in the Reach faded out, with the Merryweather's retaining control until this day.

The Kingdom of Sarnor

The Kingdom of Sarnor was created by Yathavan Macwan, the Savior of the Tall Men in 8095, four years later he was conquered by King Gaemon, the Breaker of Seagard. Yathavan would later be killed by Bonifer Selmy, Lord of the Axe. King Gaemon and Vaekar ruled Sarnor, before it was passed off to a cadet family member, Matarys Targaryen. Matarys Targaryen's line would be almost wiped out by King Kedaar of Omber, Survived only by a daughter, the almost extinct line would produce Matarys II the Accursed. Matarys would hold three titles, of Sarnor, Pentos, and the Iron Islands. He was briefly succeeded by his son Vaemond, before the line perished with him. Following the extinction of the Nobles of Sarnor, a Lorathi Archonate formed, Ilirigys and the House of Morash traded places with each other for four generations, before Cossoma of Morash turned it into a traditional noble house. The Lords of Sarnor continued until the male line of Morash perished. Aeryn Targaryen, the Scholar, briefly held the title, but would not recreate the cadet house of Targaryen. The title was given to the previous lord's widow, where the title would bounce around between different female lineages before coming to House Peake of the Reach. Sarnor has remained in the possession of Peake's descendants House Merryweather until today.

The Kingdom of Lorath

Originally the Free City of Lorath, the region was converted to a kingdom under Yorko II. His son Moreo ruled for fifteen years when Queen Saenrys conquered Lorath and incorporated it into the seven kingdoms. She ruled for ten years, before passing off control of Lorath to the Norvoshi noble house of Kastaryen, who ruled for a century. Kastaryen has a few landless members still alive, which is better than House Falwell who had usurped control over Lorath. Since House Falwell has taken control of Lorath, it has become one of the titles held by the Lords of the Westerlands, similar to Sarnor and the Reach.

The Free City of Qohor

Qohor transitioned between Free City and Monarchy since the Century of Blood was concluded, with powerful noble houses competing with one another after the Black Goat ceased to hold sway over the city. Even Rhoynar rose to positions of prominence, with Lord Aron Nylayne claiming the title of Magister when the Lord Paramount of Norvos, Otherys Targaryen, conquered the city and seized control. Otherys' Bastard Daughter would take control of the city of Qohor after his death, but would rule only for ten months. House Nylayne seized control of the city, but tellingly ruled as a noble house. One of Maegor's grandchildren, Lord Aeryn of Norvos took back the city in just under fifteen years. Targaryen rule collapsed following the destruction of the Valyrian Empire, and with it the Qohorik Dragon Lords lost power. The transition from Lady Jaehaera to Triarch Haerys was a peaceful one, with Qohor embracing the Essosi Valyrian heritage that had flourished under the New Valyrian Empire. Some members of the new leadership are imports from Volantis itself, but perhaps most interesting of all is the latest leader of the Triarchy in Qohor. Triarch Haerys III of Sarhoy is a Dragon Rider, and a Rider of a magnificent beast indeed. The White Dread is 252 Years Old, and is the oldest dragon to have a rider. Only Dreamfyre and Deathwing are older, and both lack riders.

The Free City of Pentos

It was during the conquest of Pentos that Queen Shaena earned her name the Breaker of Chains. Her family would rule in Pentos for a hundred years, through her younger son and his line. Her granddaughter, the Lady Alyssa became infatuated with the Drowned God, and would, like many others, see her seat seized by King Vaekar. The Dragonrider was spared the fate of many of her others, and the Alyssa lived long enough afterward to die from pneumonia. Unlike most titles he seized, Vaekar kept Pentos until he died. His son Laenor ruled in Pentos for sixteen years, before passing off control the Obizo family. The New Lord Paramounts lasted two generations before Matarys of Sarnor conquered the city from them. Here Vaemond lasted the longest in his defiance, against Lord Byan Obizo. Twice Lord, Twice Unlorded, the Blood of the Dragon faded from Pentos at this point. The Line of Obizo did not last for long either, briefly passing to one through the female line, before Yorko II of Pentos restored the Magister system. The Amenos Family of Yorko has all but faded into extinction now, with childless crones making up what's left of the family. When the old houses of Pentos collapsed, new houses from the Prince's Shore rose up. Pentos drifted between independence and subordinate of Westeros for the next two hundred years. When the Empire of Valyria finally fell, Pentos was independent but for a few years. Robett Stark, King of the North, conquered Pentos. The Wolves would rule Pentos until the present, even though in 8473 Yorko III, the savior, led a rebellion that deposed the Starks as rulers of the lands of Pentos. Their independence soon saw the Houses of the Prince's Shore return to power, where they rule to this day. However, Pentos itself, the city over which those houses claim to rule, remains in the hands of a cadet house of Starks. Danelle Stark is currently defending her very right to exist as the Lady of Pentos in a war that has brought Maelor of Westeros against the Magisters of Pentos.

Myr

The Free City of Myr served as friendly power in Essos, and did not attract the attention of the Dragon Lords for much more than trade and commerce. The Magisters of Myr overthrew their old system when Groleo II styled himself King. The House of Sordios would produce four more kings, before they ran into problems with wildlings. King Calon Skinchanger first conquered the Stormlands and attempted to conquer the Riverlands, before setting his sights East. The Wildlings were enabled to move south by civil wars, the long night, pirates, and Lys. Myr became a tempting target, Calon's line ruled in Myr long after it was expelled from Westeros, but after a fashion Mordeo the Blind overthrew the Wildlings and established the old rule of Magisters. Empress Daella, however, found herself in a war with Myr that finally incorporated it into the New Valyrian Empire. A single family of Lys would rule over Myr through the electoral system until the collapse of the Empire. Joss II of Myr would be overthrown shortly, but with his overthrow Myr would be abolished. The Iron Throne took control at this point, with much of Myr falling under the Targaryen's general overlordship, though without a top lord for Myr. The City of Myr itself languishes under the control of wildlings who do some homage to the Iron Throne.

The Kingdom of Norvos

Norvos is the one long-lasting success story of the Targaryen Lord Paramounts, but it was not intended to be one at first. Queen Shaena who broke chains across Essos, took control of Norvos following a collapse of their old family rulers. Though control passed through the hands of three kings, the Targaryens ruled Norvos for only eleven years before King Vaekar bequeathed control to Gelenkys, a new house of Norvoshi. They ruled for three generations before Brusco attempted to reforge Norvos's old system. His sister seized control after his death, before she was forced to flee after Queen Saenrys restored Norvos to Westeros. Queen Saenrys would later be elected ruler of Norvos, falling to the hands of petty rulers until Norvos itself temporarily disappeared as a title. Emperor Aeryn's son, Lucerys Targaryen restored Norvos. He did so not as a Lord, but as an Archon. Power even passed briefly to House Bertran of the native Norvoshi before returning to Lucerys and his line. After a fashion, the Targaryens styled themselves Lords. A history of the Lords Paramount of Norvos will show a great deal of confusion during the age of Valyria and its final collapse. However, since King Maelor's reign the area has shown great stability. Though many of Norvos' lords and ladies have not been dragon riders, the current Lady Alysanne of Norvos is. Drakaryx is her mount, and over a hundred years old is quite powerful.
scholar

PostPosted by scholar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 05:20

The Line of the Dragons Part Four

The Lords of the House Targaryen

King Maelor of the Iron Throne, 32 Years Old
Maelor's Dragon, Maelar

Lady Alysanne of Norvos, 18 Years Old
Alysanne's Dragon, Drakarys

Lady Leaysa of the Lower Frostfangs, 33 Years Old
Leaysa's Dragon, Shrykos

Lord Haerys of the Hills of Norvos, 18 Years Old

Lady Leaysa of Saath, 30 Years Old
Leaysa's Dragon, Firzon

Lord Vaeron II of Dragonstone, 39 Years Old
Vaeron's Dragon, Aeriax

Lord Aenar of High Athosh, 55 Years Old
Aenar's Dragon, Volgavys

Lord Orys of Narros, 36 Years Old
Orys' Dragon, Vaedargelion

Lord Aerion of Bear Hills, 29 Years Old
scholar

PostPosted by JDSweet » Mon Mar 27, 2017 14:54

Too many Targaryens lived to old age. Show them the meaning of their words and toast them with their own dragons! Fire and Blood!
JDSweet

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)