Suggest events which could use House Words

For any general subject related to the mod

Suggest events which could use House Words

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 20:37

One feature that I have added in for the next patch is a custom localisation to display a dynasty's House Words, currently it is only going to be used in the duel engine option which used to only happen for Baratheons and Targaryens but now it will work for all dynasties with House Words.

What I am looking for now is suggestions of events that already exist in the mod where this new feature could be utilised in, simply reply with an event that you think could make use of this and I will add it in for the next version!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok I think some of you are missing the intention of this post, this is not asking for new events that give random buffs to some great houses. It is asking for existing events where instead of a generic line the words of a House could be used and I am not just talking about the great houses either, every house on this list has had their words added in.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Re: Suugest events which could use House Words

PostPosted by Hrulj » Wed Jan 25, 2017 23:44

Reclaiming ancestral valyrian swords, wining a war, inheriting a position come to mind as first.
Hrulj

PostPosted by stale » Thu Jan 26, 2017 00:01

Could have a type of event similar to CK+'s crowning of Kings (and Emperors) when someone succeeds as head of a household. Maybe a flavor event simulating vassals swearing fealty to their new lord that ends with their house words?
stale

PostPosted by Azsouth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 03:20

idk if this is what your looking for but how about when say the North declares a war the cause belie could be Winter is Coming for X (like in the show Robb says Winter is coming for Tywin Lannister to that cousin), events in tournaments and battle where if you yell your families words it gives a duel boost/morale or something, when demands are rejected you can answer with your house words (like the Martells did to Rhaenys)
Azsouth

PostPosted by Mirith » Fri Jan 27, 2017 00:44

Ummm, I have some ideas in mind. Some of them are more... Of alternative approach to dynasty words, I dont know, if only one event will be present for every dynasty... so here it is.
"Winter is coming"
Starks only get winter tied event. Event tied to other event. If White walkers are present in game, and if player is of Stark dynasty. This event comes directly from Night king, offering Stark ruler place in his army, if he accepts becoming white walker.
Stark becomes vassal of the Night king, joining undead army.
Stark ruler can decline.this offer.
This is really drastic approach of winter is coming words.

"Winter coming"
Small flavour event, triggering if season is winger. Ruler has told many times his words... and they have been truthful. His words were right.. . And in words is power. Due this, he gains a little more fear for some time.

"Winter is coming"
If ruler is Stark, marshal approaches to his Lord, lady and offers him unique option to train Winter army. These troops will be described as best soldiers capable of incredible deeds in winter season.
They shall be equipped in white Armor, white wolf pelt cloaks. Also... they are special event troops. Non reinforcing, with better stats than other troops.
Phase 1: Offer
Marshal offers training of this unit.
*accept and start quest chain
*decline and slightly decrease opinion with marshal by 10. For some time.

Phase 2: Training
During training one if men is killed.
*Ruler can send his condolences to family and also money. He loses good, but chance to gain kind trait.
*Ruler can blame marshal for this, for his incompetence to train troops in safety. Opinion towards marshal is decreased.
*Ruler says "Accidents happen" and stuff. Gains instantly cynical trait.

Phase 3: Equipment
Marshal needs money for armor and weapons. Based on selected option, player will later receive bigger or smaller amount of special troops.
*Give everything he needs.
*Give just enough for average equipment.
*Give money for cheap equipment.

Phase 4: Army arrives
Ruler says "Winter is coming", since his newly trained troops have arrived to capital.

You can add as many training events as you want.

"Winter is coming"
Wings of winter
I know, I know... Starks have just enough let events... but his one stark only!
With rare chance, on in winter white raven arrives.
One of your children, while learning with maester spends time with him... and while with maester he/she is greatly interested in white raven.
After some time, one of children "tames" white raven, both becoming inseparable.
You have option to send raven back, decreasing opinion with child, but increasing with archmaester.
Or you can let white raven with child, but pay money to archmaester. Nothing happens, no-one is angry.
Or... just keep the raven. This will anger archmaester.

"Winter is coming"
This event is kinda stupid sounding...
Basicly... only for Starks, very, very rarely, child is born. Touched by winter. Born with white hair.
This child gets maybe special trait or modifier? Some may dislike him, some think he's attractive... Or fear him.
And in end, child gains one of white haired portraits. Very simple.

"Winter is coming"
Common event
Kinda obvious one, but if ruler is Stark and in command, or in battle, ruler does speech, ending it with "WINTER IS COMING", increasing troop morale by 5-10%

This is all, I've got for Starks. Next time I'll try to suggest some Lannister words events ^^

EDIT: Ah, already existing event expansion? Well, I don't remember much of them, sorry. But if you want suggestions on new ones, let me know.
I should read more carefully next time.
Looking for Crusader Kings 2 Adult themed mods? Visit this site. http://www.loverslab.com/forum/67-crusa ... dox-games/
18+ only!
Mirith

PostPosted by PageUP » Fri Jan 27, 2017 01:55

My stance on this matter is that the event should only be for Great Houses. It should be something that not every single character will achieve, but sometimes completing these on previous characters make it that much easier for future generations.

A lot of these numbers are rough, more specifically the combat modifiers.

I could write up the code for you if you'd like too.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

* **Family, Duty, Honor** (House Tully)
- *Have 2 children complete their education OR "Have 5 Children" Ambition*
- Diplomacy +1
- Fertility +20%
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Hear Me Roar!** (House Lannister)
- *Hold the "Booming" trait on any Demesne*
- Stewardship +2
- Heavy Infrantry +30%
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **As High As Honor** (House Arryn)
- *Have Diplomacy education rank 3 OR 4*
- Diplomacy +3
- Cavalry +50%
- Same Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Growing Strong** (House Tyrell)
- *Have Stewardship education rank 3 OR 4*
- Stewardship +2
- Diplomacy +1
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Ours Is The Fury** (House Baratheon)
- *Win Regional (or Realm) Tourney 1st Place*
- Martial +2
- Personal Combat +1
- Same Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken** (House Martell)
- *Hold a wife AND a concubine*
- Intrigue +3
- Fertility +10%
- Same Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **We Do Not Sow** (House Greyjoy)
- *Lead a Grand Reaving*
- Martial + 3
- General Opinion -10
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Fire And Blood** (House Targaryen)
- *Attain a Dragon Egg*
- Learning +3
- Martial +1
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5

* **Winter Is Coming** (House Stark)
- *Survive Medium OR Harsh Winter*
- Martial +2
- Light Infantry +75%
- Same Trait Opinion +15
- Monthly Prestige +0.5
PageUP

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 08:58

Ok some nice suggestions so far but I think some of you are missing the intention of this post, this is not asking for new events that give random buffs to some great houses. It is asking for existing events where instead of a generic line the words of a House could be used and I am not just talking about the great houses either, every house on this list has had their words added in.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by PrimaryAltAccount » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28

Use them when they retrieve their ancestral sword or when they get their own ancestral sword.
PrimaryAltAccount

PostPosted by Mujahideen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45

Maybe it would fit somewhere in the 'grooming your heir' ambition process.
Or when your child comes back from a foreign tour succesfully?
Mujahideen

PostPosted by Mitza8 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 13:13

House Martell - Unbowed, unbent, unbroken
Could use these words when refusing to demand prisoners, or refusing to surrender in a war, refusing to pay taxes and stuff like that.

House Tarly - First in Battle
Could be an event in which a member can request his liege to command troops in a war.

House Beesbury - Beware our sting
Could be used when declaring war, when winning a war, or when threatened.

House Mormont - Here we stand
When asked they join a war for their liege

House Plumm - Come try me / House Serett - I have no rival
In a duel, when declared war against

House Tallhart - Proud and free
When declaring independence, or other stuff related to independence

House Tolett - When all is darkest
An event in which their join their liege in a war when they're struggling
'For the internet is dark and full of spoilers'
Mitza8

Re: Suggest events which could use House Words

PostPosted by EDAP » Fri Jan 27, 2017 13:58

Isn't a pop up message sent when war is declared? And there has to be some accept button due to how paradox does stuff? So instead of whatever the current accept text is, use the house words instead. If possible work in the attackers house words into the declaration?
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by Enriador » Sat Jan 28, 2017 02:50

"Winter is Coming"
The Citadel warns of upcoming winter

"Hear Me Roar"
Victorious in a war

"We Do Not Sow"
Raiding announced/succeeded

"Family. Duty. Honor"
End of marriages

"Let It Be Written" (Jordaynes)
Chronicler proposes to write family chronicles
Enriador

PostPosted by Alpha_Weirstone » Sun Jan 29, 2017 16:52

Maybe when you see House Blood Feuds? Having it show the two houses Words if possible?

Hell, maybe a "modifier" that simply says something like "A Member of House Stark: Winter Is Coming" ?

I'm tryna help but I have no good ideas :?
Alpha_Weirstone

PostPosted by Bender » Fri Feb 10, 2017 19:15

How about when you legitimize a bastard? Also, kingsguard appointments.
Bender

PostPosted by armychowmein » Tue Mar 07, 2017 22:40

How about an option for events related to the family focus? Instead of only having the option to befriend your family members together, how about an option which lets you remind everyone of the house words, thereby re-focusing them toward the family. To me, this looks like an opinion modifier or character flag which could have a small chance of resulting in the "family person" trait. Likewise, this option could be available only to characters with certain pro-family qualifiers.

Or, it could be an option in which if you're plotting to kill a non-dynasty member, you can speak your house words to your family members to try and get them to join a plot.

I feel the house words were mostly used to remind family members of the family agenda. It doesn't seem to me (And I'm probably waaay wrong) that the house words are used to rub it in the faces of other houses as much as they were used to corral family members toward a common goal.
armychowmein

PostPosted by FlyinIrishman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27

Like others have suggested I think every house's words could be used for dialogs like claiming a valyrian sword/winning a war, or maybe even if you successfully assassinate a member of your own family (implication being it was for the good of the family?) and when a family member dies

For specific house words that only apply when playing as that family, what about:
House Arryn - "As High as Honor": The player fulfills the 'become exalted among men' ambition
House Ashford - "Our Sun Shines Bright": When the player has a son (bit of a cheesy pun)
House Bolton - "Our Blades Are Sharp": Any successful assassination
House Buckwell - "Pride and Purpose": Family member appointed to their liege's council
House Flint - "Ever Vigilant": Significant plot uncovered
House Follard - "None so Wise": Complete the ambition to raise learning attribute
House Greyjoy - "We do not Sow": Refusal to grant recompense for vassal raiding
House Lonmouth - "The Choice is yours": Granting a trial by combat
House Tyrell - "Growing Strong": A positive result from child education or Force Train
House Toyne - "Fly High, Fly Far": When you or your family go into hiding after a plot to kill you is revealed

Not sure if those are the kind of things you're looking for
FlyinIrishman

PostPosted by Kenzoprc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 18:10

= House Ambrose - "Never Resting": Refusal to send to someone else to do the job, ie when given option to send marshall to hunt (very flexible in any case)
= House Baratheon - "Ours is the Fury": Something involving bloody vengeance, perhaps starting such wars
= House Caron - "No song so sweet": Perhaps something involving adultery, ie when ruler fancies a courtier
= House Crakehall - "None so Fierce": Response to information presenting tourney winner, maybe
= House Fossoway - "A taste of Glory": Option to hold the most expensive and elaborate feast
= House Fowler - "Let me Soar": Going to play with your falcon
= House Hornwood - "Righteous in Wrath": Winning in trial by combat
= House Karstark - "The Sun of Winter": Winter is coming to an end
= House Mallister - "Above the Rest": Upon gaining trait proud, or while instructing a ward to be proud
= House Merryweather - "Behold Our Bounty": No need for further explanation, it seems
= House Oakhart - "Our roots go deep": Perhaps for achieving "Have 5 children" ambition?
= House Peckledon - "Unflinching" or Martell "Unbent, Unbown, Unbroken": Refusal of liege's request
= House Plumm - "Come try Me": Upon declaration of war by rival
= House Grandison - "Rouse me not": When being insulted
= House Trant - "So end our Foes": When opting to execute someone
= House Wensington - "Honor, not Honors": Refusing to give titles to courtier, relative etc
= House Stokeworth - "Proud to be Faithful": Accepting call to arms from liege
= House Mormont - "Here we Stand": Accepting call to arms from ally
Kenzoprc

PostPosted by Tintius » Sun Mar 12, 2017 13:26

House Velaryon -The Old, the True, the Brave- when you tame a Dragon
Tintius

PostPosted by captainosome101 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 03:03

"Iron from Ice" each time a Forrester dies. - funeral event
"Family. Duty. Honor" that event where your daughter is like yeah nah I don't want to marry that dude. You could add an extra option for Tullys where she doesn't become celibate if you still make her marry him.
"Let It Be Written" just any time you send a raven, send insult, go to war.etc
"Brave and Beautiful" joke suggestion, but anytime you get a homosexual event.
"Death Before Disgrace" when you're imprisoned and ask to fight your own trial by combat. extra: %chance they commit suicide if you choose to make them walk the streets naked.
"The Sun of Winter" a son is born, raven saying winter is over.

...I wish the Daynes had house words.
captainosome101

PostPosted by WendyNerd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 03:55

"Family, Duty, Honor" --- For when someone in your family commits a crime against a vassal? You could decide whether or not to bring them up on charges.
WendyNerd

Next

Return to General Discussion